Change log 7.5.5

bamf

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

I can't think of an instance on Asylum where I've missed someone and been killed as a result of their clothing.

That said; it's very probably the biggest driver to actually purchase Loot Crate keys. Considering donations dropped to <$10/day when BI made us get rid of all donor perks, something has to fund enough to keep the servers going.

If you have ideas; email Paratus and tell him. If it's something viable that not a great disturbance to gameplay and not super-time intensive to implement, he might take it under advisement. It was more or less a necessary evil. I still don't understand why BI is trying to kill their serverbase by cutting off their donations; it only hurts their game's growth in it's peak-stages with respect to released content.

Try playing the crawl spots at cartels, or spots that a reliant on you not getting spotted, with both Snow-white Fatigues, and normal combat clothing, you'll notice that you'll be spotted much easier wearing the snow-whites. You can ask anyone who fights cartels, it's much much easier to spot snow-whites than someone wearing normal clothing. Let's not even talk about night time while wearing the snow-whites.

That said I understand the reason behind it all, and it worked, it worked amazingly well considering my guess is you lot made well over what you need to keep the server up for a couple more months. It would of just been nice to give us the Urban Fatigues instead of the Snowwhite ones if it was really for 'aesthetics' 

Edited by Haych
Drew and Mahdizzle like this
11 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I can't think of an instance on Asylum where I've missed someone and been killed as a result of their clothing.

That said; it's very probably the biggest driver to actually purchase Loot Crate keys. Considering donations dropped to <$10/day when BI made us get rid of all donor perks, something has to fund enough to keep the servers going.

If you have ideas; email Paratus and tell him. If it's something viable that not a great disturbance to gameplay and not super-time intensive to implement, he might take it under advisement. It was more or less a necessary evil. I still don't understand why BI is trying to kill their serverbase by cutting off their donations; it only hurts their game's growth in it's peak-stages with respect to released content.

i bought 5 lootcrate keys like 10 hours ago and still haven't received them :shrug:

17 minutes ago, House. said:

#BRINGBACKURBANFATIGUES

Yeah, what it should of been like.

Loot Crates:
Pilot Coveralls CSAT
CSAT Wetsuit (not as rare) (no additional armour)
CSAT Gillie (old)
CSAT Marksman Gillie (One with padding) (same armour as CSAT Fatigues) 
CSAT Hex Fatigues

Available for all
CSAT Urban Fatigues
CSAT Hex Pacific Fatigues (Green Hex) (DLC)

It's no lie Loot Crates are still p2w, hence why the the free fatigues we were given has altered textures.

Edited by Haych
.Sean and BioHazard like this
44 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Well it helps if you actually play the game.

In all seriousness however, Haych has an amazing point, especially at night. The bright White CSAT puts you at such a disadvantage spotting-wise. I find myself dropping/picking up the shit just to not look like an absolute retard.

Haych likes this
1 hour ago, Haych said:

Yeah, what it should of been like.

Loot Crates:
Pilot Coveralls CSAT
CSAT Wetsuit (not as rare) (no additional armour)
CSAT Gillie (old)
CSAT Marksman Gillie (One with padding) (same armour as CSAT Fatigues) 
CSAT Hex Fatigues

Available for all
CSAT Urban Fatigues
CSAT Hex Pacific Fatigues (Green Hex) (DLC)

It's no lie Loot Crates are still p2w, hence why the the free fatigues we were given has altered textures.

I do like me some csat wetsuits

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

You have an exact duplicate available (with respect to armor and capacity values) without purchasing a Loot Crate. It's just in a poorly suited color for non-city terrain.

That's not pay to win. That's pay to look cool; as you said yourself.

I was referring to non undercover police having them.

Either way it detracts from gameplay having specific clothing barred from a large portion of the playerbase and available to the lucky few. I have to willingly know I'm going in to combat less armored to not be spotted or more armored as a bright ass white snowman in forest and grassy terrain.

But hey maybe if my 75 dollars would've been luckier I could have both. But those are reserved for the more fortunate players, in terms of luck and of dollars.

And sadly I don't have the VA to wear marksman CSAT ghillies all the time (the same ghillies that also hide thermals too) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Dust Runner
50 minutes ago, bamf said:

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that the memory related server crashes had stopped.  They were fairly constant until that change we made on Thursday AM.  

It was just a quote from the video.

In all honesty the servers have been much better recently, still goes down and lags a lot, just a lot less.

6 minutes ago, NotSoNutty said:

When I'm starting a Drug Runner mission and i'm outside the plane, my FPS goes down to like 10 if not less. As soon as I jump back in the plane or end my Drug Runner mission my FPS is all good again.

Is this a known problem or is it just me?

First I've heard of that. Anyone else?