Change log 7.5.5

bamf

26 minutes ago, bamf said:

The Apex weapon crafting is only available on Tanoa since if you do not have the expansion and then set a weapon down (put it in a backpack or trunk for instance), then you can not pick it back up.  I'll talk to Paratus and see if there is anything we can do, but I think BIS set it up that way (I'm guessing they want it that way).  

Would it not be possible to make it so you have to have the DLC to craft it? (I don't know shit about coding)

27 minutes ago, bamf said:

The Apex weapon crafting is only available on Tanoa since if you do not have the expansion and then set a weapon down (put it in a backpack or trunk for instance), then you can not pick it back up.  I'll talk to Paratus and see if there is anything we can do, but I think BIS set it up that way (I'm guessing they want it that way).  

Could say the same for the mk's without the Marksmen DLC. Seems pointless to restrict crafting of APEX weapons on altis just because they are part of the DLC.  
I would say just add them but have some kind of warning about crafting DLC weapons without the DLC.

Kettles, Mr.Purple, Huan Lee and 1 other like this

@bamf I'm cool with deer stands coming back so the fed is actually an objective again. But for balance purposes can we get our 3 ladders back rather than 1 with them having all the deer stands back?

I mean with the deer stands back they are much higher risk because if you die on them they collapse and can't be reused. I think that's fair.

Edited by Dust Runner
Olivia likes this
Just now, Dust Runner said:

@bamf I'm cool with deer stands coming back so the fed is actually an objective again. But for balance purposes can we get our 3 ladders back rather than 1 with them having all the deer stands back?

Only 3/6 deer stands are back.  Perhaps we'll add a second ladder.  Let's see how it plays out for a day or two though...

Olivia likes this
Just now, Bikstok said:

You used to be able to rob it when it changed from elevated security to normal. 45 minutes seems a bit extreme. Especially when trolls set off the alarms as often as they do.

I think it was to prevent the APD chain event shuffle.  Let's see how it plays out.  

58 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 3:

• The Asylum Exchange has returned.
  • The servers will now perform a hard restart periodically in an effort to keep performance high.  
  • Servers 4 and 5 should now restart much faster.
  • Aircraft that are flying should no longer have their passengers affected by earthquakes.
  • Altis can no longer afford to destroy all the "deer stands" at the federal reserve. 
  • DP missions should no longer spawn crates if a vehicle is on the spawn point.
  • Spawning an Orca in Rodopoli should leave the main rotor clear now.
  • Adjusted weapon pricing for 7.62 weapons (per a forum suggestion).
  • Some Apex weapons are able to be crafted while on the island of Tanoa.
  • Added "Sell Price" to vehicles at the Vehicle Factory and Black Market.  This is somewhat experimental, but should mostly work.  

FUCKING @bamf you are amazing! THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS BACK!!

Monster likes this
1 minute ago, Rens said:

Great update again!

I was just looking at the black market production and noticed that you can make the Lim85 5.56mm but its not possible to make the 5.56mm rounds.

Is this on purpose or is it comming?

I snuck that stuff in at the end and just forgot to add the mags.  I'll put that in soon.  

On 8/31/2016 at 2:48 PM, bamf said:

Why are you basing your decision off of one persons post that did not even have a substantial amount of peoples opinions. We know how well that worked out with group cap as well....

Edited by Frizzy
Huan Lee likes this
1 minute ago, Frizzy said:

Why are you basing your decision off of one persons post that did not even have a substantial amount of peoples opinions. We know how well that worked out with group cap as well....

I'm not.  I spoke with a bunch of people after seeing the post, did some testing myself, etc.  The pricing now of all the 7.62 weapons seems a touch more balanced.  Some went down as well...  The Rahim is a bargain now for the Chris Kyle's out there...

Haych, Frizzy, Jack Hoff and 2 others like this
2 minutes ago, bamf said:

I'm not.  I spoke with a bunch of people after seeing the post, did some testing myself, etc.  The pricing now of all the 7.62 weapons seems a touch more balanced.  Some went down as well...  The Rahim is a bargain now for the Chris Kyle's out there...

I am truly saddened. Shake my head and walks away.

Edited by Frizzy
1 hour ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 3:

• The Asylum Exchange has returned.
  • The servers will now perform a hard restart periodically in an effort to keep performance high.  
  • Servers 4 and 5 should now restart much faster.
  • Aircraft that are flying should no longer have their passengers affected by earthquakes.
  • Altis can no longer afford to destroy all the "deer stands" at the federal reserve. 
  • DP missions should no longer spawn crates if a vehicle is on the spawn point.
  • Spawning an Orca in Rodopoli should leave the main rotor clear now.
  • Some Apex weapons are able to be crafted while on the island of Tanoa.
  • Added "Sell Price" to vehicles at the Vehicle Factory and Black Market.  This is somewhat experimental, but should mostly work.  
  • Restarts now tell you which Asylum server you are playing on.

+100 for server performance and AE coming back <3