Change log 7.5.5

bamf

If the hardware did get downgraded (which i am speculating and in no way do i know anything) just be honest about it. As stated by other members the lag started during a time when asylum was supposedly not getting donations so a downgrade would make sense. In my opinion you guys need to be more open about the Fiscal Situation of asylum, if i knew the servers were struggling to survive i would toss 10 bucks in the hat a month im sure many others would as well even though im already level 5 donor plus the 130 i spent on crates. Not everything has to be classified information.

if the servers didnt get downgraded, im retarded.

Term, Zoex, Shepurd and 3 others like this
1 hour ago, TheRealLethal said:

If the hardware did get downgraded (which i am speculating and in no way do i know anything) just be honest about it. As stated by other members the lag started during a time when asylum was supposedly not getting donations so a downgrade would make sense. In my opinion you guys need to be more open about the Fiscal Situation of asylum, if i knew the servers were struggling to survive i would toss 10 bucks in the hat a month im sure many others would as well even though im already level 5 donor plus the 130 i spent on crates. Not everything has to be classified information.

if the servers didnt get downgraded, im retarded.

The servers are running the same hardware they always have at the provider and have not been downgraded in any way.  The mass kicks are almost always DDoS.  The thing that we have been toying with on the dev side is a memory leak issue.  I don't see the memory leak with AE off, so I assume something in there is causing it to happen.  Not with the same frequency as before we made some changes to launch parameters recently to try to fix the constant server resets we were having, but there is something in there nonetheless (at least that's my working hypothesis).  

Just now, bamf said:

The servers are running the same hardware they always have at the provider and have not been downgraded in any way.  The mass kicks are almost always DDoS.  The thing that we have been toying with on the dev side is a memory leak issue.  I don't see the memory leak with AE off, so I assume something in there is causing it to happen.  Not with the same frequency as before we made some changes to launch parameters recently to try to fix the constant server resets we were having, but there is something in there nonetheless (at least that's my working hypothesis).  

The thing is it doesnt feel like DDoS. Ive experienced DDoS before back when lirik played, that was some hard core shit. But what we are experiencing now seems different. Maybe its how headless client handles it, i dont know. 

1 minute ago, TheRealLethal said:

The thing is it doesnt feel like DDoS. Ive experienced DDoS before back when lirik played, that was some hard core shit. But what we are experiencing now seems different. Maybe its how headless client handles it, i dont know. 

Headless client hasn't been on - again because it handles DDoS terribly...  I get that it may feel different to you, but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Feenix said:

I feel the war system is the cancerous

War stats are only calculated on death, and only on the client.  They are held there until you sync, at which point they are written to the DB.  All this happens at the same time you would be charged for manslaughter, gang manslaughter, etc and it is highly unlikely to be the cause of any lag.  

30 minutes ago, Bobby Swagger said:

@bamf do you think what might be causing the performance issues related to the exchange is because it is shared between Server 1-4 maybe 5 (i really havent been on tanoa)? its just an idea that I have been wondering about. 

Nah, only parts that are shared is the DB holding the data - and we do that for all the servers anyway.  I wouldn't think that would be the issue.  

Like i was telling you the other day and i think you agreed,  the servers performance seemed to drop drastically after a certain patch which i believe was 6.9.2 which implemented various additions and bug fixes. Somewhere in this patch or patches leading from this, fucked up because it doesnt always feel like DDoS like lethal said above. @bamf

Haych likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

A question for you UCs complaining about the reGear function;

Are you regearing with your rank hidden? If you're not sure, mind dying a few times and testing it both with and without the rank hidden?

I almost always regear with my rank hidden.  Only time i have had an issue was with the tan Mx's. It let me regear no problem with gokart clothes and helmets, but not a tan Mx.

1 hour ago, Maric said:

I heard he stepped down on September 2.

I feel like I have something to do with that. A few weeks ago he was in Kavala alone and me and two other fellow Kavalians were trying to have a nice chat with him. He grunted a few times, got in his offroad and drove about 30m to the other side of the square to avoid us and be alone so we couldn't bother him, of course we followed him. You could tell he hated the fact he had to talk to us and he left the square shortly after and I never seen him again :(. 

:kappa:

EDIT: I do like Durga though fwiw, never had any negative incidents with him personally.

Edited by Furnie Mack
19 hours ago, Gnashes said:

People said it should cost more than the other guns, so we made it 14k.

People then said it should be craftable. Guess what? It's no longer always unlimited, add 25%.

Governor is a greedy bitch? Add another 20%

19 hours ago, bamf said:

Craft some and they go down considerably.  Oh also, you should find the governor and have him keep the tax rate at 0%.

I was the best governor altis has ever seen on S1 :)

20 hours ago, Jimbo! said:

Fair to say the fed is fixed and fun as fuck, finished it at the 30minute restart marker and made $389,000 / 12 bars, good fun

20 hours ago, Feenix said:

Did a prison break today for about two hours and no lag or desync nor did the server go down. fun time for cops and everyone.

giphy.gif

Glad to hear some good vibes once in a while.

Google™, Apci, DreamC and 2 others like this