So rebels have been wanting a rework of the fed to make it viable again.  I have thought about it for a little while and came up with this (excuse my poorly drawn example :P)  Basically you put the deer stands back at the circles and remove 3 domes.  Leaving the rebels with 2 elevated areas for shooting and only 3 domes to get into.  With the resent patch reducing the drilling times and the ability to have a few elevated sections to fire from I think this could provide more balance.  Obviously we can switch the domes around or deer stand locations.

9Kq4c5C.png

Scofield?, Patrick, Big Bird and 1 other like this
  • Rotate current location with the Skiptracer base. In all honesty, the Skiptracer location is going to waste. Fresh places to fight cops is always a positive thing.
  • Increase spawn rate so you need 2 trucks to get all the bars
  • Possibly buff Gold Bars price by a small amount
  • Increase cops needed online to 8 to balance out the changes above

There you go, I solved the problem.

2 minutes ago, Haych said:
  • Rotate current location with the Skiptracer base. In all honesty, the Skiptracer location is going to waste. Fresh places to fight cops is always a positive thing.

There you go, I solved the problem.

Skip tracer has more large towers than the current fed.  The entire reason the fed was nerfed was because of the totally unbalanced set up.  

Frizzy and Flax like this
9 minutes ago, KillZone said:

Nice idea, incentive always gives people motivation.

maybe add an achievement to the list that if you pull off a successful fed x amount of times you get a title (mastermind) and with that you get increased payouts on gold bars. 

Just a thought 

I like that achievement idea.  People love achievements.

7 minutes ago, Haych said:

All you have to do is remove the only large tower and replace it with a command centre or something

Ill take a better look at skip tracer later when I get home from work.  From what I remember there is a lot of deer stands tho.  I am willing to admit that there will need to be a few to make it viable for rebels, but it also needs to remain balanced for cops to get in. The large walls prevent the use of ladders, so there would need to be some sort of concession there.

The main point of the thread was to get ideas flowing tho, I see alot of complaints about it, but not many solutions. Compiling them all in a single place for the admins/devs to review is always a good thing :)

Jaylen Sarrett likes this
11 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Ill take a better look at skip tracer later when I get home from work.  From what I remember there is a lot of deer stands tho.  I am willing to admit that there will need to be a few to make it viable for rebels, but it also needs to remain balanced for cops to get in. The large walls prevent the use of ladders, so there would need to be some sort of concession there.

The deerstands all have weaknesses though, if you take a look at the location, there is a lot of hills for cops to snipe into the deer-stands. Overall, that location is more balanced towards the attackers because of hill coverage and over all terrain coverage compared to the current location, also the large walls can be knocked down so thats not a issue

Edited by Haych
Scott likes this
1 hour ago, KillZone said:

Nice idea, incentive always gives people motivation.

maybe add an achievement to the list that if you pull off a successful fed x amount of times you get a title (mastermind) and with that you get increased payouts on gold bars. 

Just a thought 

@bamf @Paratus This could possibly have more people do feds again

18 minutes ago, HotWings said:

What would be a more reasonable amount of gold bars?  

Enough to fill 2 Hemmt Transports with a payout of around 700-800k. 800k payout is about 66k per person if you are capped at 12 imo which is reasonable for a hours work including a lot of resources used. 

Up the amount of cops needed online to drill to 8 to balance these changes, also the extra truck needed increases the planning/coordination needed it also adds more risk when escaping, also adds the need of a Ifrit most likely making rebels use even more resources. This should do the trick.

I really don't get how a 'End Game' event pays around 29k per person and you need a mere 5 cops online to do it.

Edited by Haych
Big Bird, Addon, ryno7 and 1 other like this
19 minutes ago, HotWings said:

What would be a more reasonable amount of gold bars?  

Wouldn't need more, just a quicker spawn rate, fed is only to be done just before restart or it's completely worthless unless you just wanna kill cops, bamf said at the end of restart it has 15 bars, the last 5 bars must spawn in the last 5minutes of the restart.

Ronald and Chau like this

Leave Skiptracer outta this, it would take more more work to "balance" it out than it is to find/create a fed by scratch. Believe me, I've taken enough folks to Skiptracer to know that there's a lot of things that would need to be tweaked to make it fair for the Rebels and APD.

Case in point, it's very easy to snipe into the skiptracer from the hills, the area could easily be breached with ladders by SWAT, and there's choke points where cops can wait to spike/disable vehicles. 

For rebels it provides just a little more venues to escape compared to current fed (land/sea/air). With the towers it would lockdown the inside part of the area. Without them would force more CQC engagements, I'm not sure how other rebels feel about that since it can be both positive and negative point. The buildings within Skiptracer are alright, but nothing of any real strategic value unless you have members on overwatch in them. 

On the neutral side of things the general terrain is fair for both sides. Plenty of natural obstacles and geographical formation to take cover in.

Overall I'm for a fed rework, but I don't think Skiptracer would be a good choice in regards to location. I see that location playing more into the APD's advantage rather than the rebels, which wouldn't be too fair. 

5 hours ago, Haych said:

These other ideas look pretty good to me. 

Haych likes this
9 hours ago, bamf said:

You can't remove structures that are part of the map - just destroy them.

I'm sure you can remove structures that are part of the map, however that often leads to client side errors where the building is not removed for some clients so people can still see it which can get annoying if you decide to do it in a combat area. Not a frequent bug, but it still happens.

4 minutes ago, Haych said:

I'm sure you can remove structures that are part of the map, however that often leads to client side errors where the building is not removed for some clients so people can still see it which can get annoying if you decide to do it in a combat area. Not a frequent bug, but it still happens.

Sometimes custom placed objects stay at 0,0,0 and a player doesn't see them. It's rare though. If everything is set-up correctly, these bugs will occur with the same frequency. Definitely not "often."

Edited by Dpatt711
11 hours ago, KevinOB said:

Are the domes removable? Thought they were part of the map.

I didnt mean remove as make them go away, just simply dont make bars spawn in the 3 domes and only spawn the the 3 domes the devs would choose to use.  Removing things from the map is problematic in many ways.  Sometimes the removed objects are there for some and not for others. For instance a certain server i played on for a short period of time removed large towers, but I could still see them and other could not. I was legit flying in the air thinking I was behind cover lol.

4 minutes ago, Smee said:

...change it to when cops softlog (5 players) the fed continues. 

Paratus and I have actually talked about that, b/c that drives me nuts. The two times in the last week I've done the fed that happened and I don't think players should be able to stop content by logging out once it begins. 

We will likely do a timer that allows you to continue drilling, but will not allow it to go on forever. 

7 minutes ago, bamf said:

Paratus and I have actually talked about that, b/c that drives me nuts. The two times in the last week I've done the fed that happened and I don't think players should be able to stop content by logging out once it begins. 

We will likely do a timer that allows you to continue drilling, but will not allow it to go on forever. 

This was one of the biggest problems for us, the cops knew this was a problem too and stayed on spawn screen to prevent us from getting into more domes whilst more cops pushed.

5 hours ago, bamf said:

Is it possible to change the function of the Escape menu "Respawn" button to something more along the lines of "Relocate" where the cop waits 15 seconds (Or even increase it to 30) and the cop can simply teleport to another HQ? Effectively the same thing as soft-logging.

Edited by Dpatt711