I would honesly blacklist this server if I was in charge

Warning, this post has some obvious error in spelling. I don't have time to make an essay, if you have problems with that don't read.

It's so broken and so is the rp. At times I'll admit I got surprised that any of it existed. But I can honestly see why some people hate this place so much and ddos it.

First off

Kos zones

This is probably one of the worst ideas I've ever heard for an arma rp server. It doesn't promote rp at all. It promotes people to killing others just because they can. Most people don't think who their character is or why they're there. They just kill for the thrill.

Broken game mechanics

I understand that there may be bugs but this is some what ridiculous. Banks are not able to be robbed (No gold bars spawning on Asylum altis life 3) and some vendors are just broken. Honestly from all the times I've played any type of Alits life server it felt like the developers didn't care or were lazy. Now saying that they don't have lives, but development feels super slow. When you got obvious bugs like the kavala scuba diving shop having it's shop placed nearly entirely under the floor then you know something is wrong.

Bounty hunters

Broken game mechanic and every one else I talked to agreed. I think to balance this players need to lose their wanted level on death. "I'm sorry officer but that was crimes committed in a past life, I didn't do anything on this charector."
Officer replies with " Uh hu..."

Seriously though, I have combat logged on these people. They make me want to go to the kavala square and mass RDM. I'm less prone to it now but when I first encountered these people it made me think how the fuck do they even know what I look like let alone my name? Most don't care for Role play, all they care about is a paycheck. 

Officers promoting bad rp

Don't think i'm just going to mindlessly bash on your server. The Role Play officers do is great, some of the best Rp on the server. It's just bad when an under cover officer is like "I'm going to arrest you know, i'm an undercover cop." Then proceeds to restrain you. Wtf? Bruh I could have just resisted, you should have asked me to put my hands up or shot me, that would be accept able. But when i'm holding a grenade in my hand and he's like "ha ha got you" im thinking what is this shit? So you can without warning just run up to a group of unsuspecting criminals and just  restrain them? Or just restrain some one that started shooting at you?

It's an abuse of game mechanics. I should be able to resist in some way, he didn't have a gun out. A simple rule like "Hands up, Tazed or consent is the only time you can arrest some one" would fix with issue.

Drug runner missions are Apex only

Not game breaking, just annoying that i'm locked out of a feature

Nearly all rebel weapons need a DLC

it's hard to even figure out which one doesn't. I can't use it once dropped, could we please add a small feature that tells you if a gun requires DLC. Better yet, create your own weapons.

The server does do good in some areas. It has quite a few features and the sometimes daily night events are fun. I remember the jumping motor bikes and the laser tag with a high prize which will make me keep coming back for some time.

Other than that the only other thing I have problems with are profile pictures. I'm not blaming this forum at all for this it's just I don't think it should be an optional feature. Many will disagree with this but honestly when reading replies I don't care if you're a furry and would prefer not to know. (Infact that messed up the vision of a creature in one of my books, it ticked me off a bit but what evet I can't change that.)

Honestly I think we can all agree on this except the last part.

Edited by Dragon01
Update so new viewers don't bring up a dead subject
Treeherder and Scott like this
9 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

It's so broken and so is the rp. At times I'll admit I got surprised that any of it existed. But I can honestly see why some people hate this place so much and ddos it.

You only get as good rp as you give. step up your game

Kos zones

Not hardcore RP server

Bounty hunters

Not a hardcore RP server. You only lose your bounty by jail, paying it, death by cop or pardon

Buy the DLC, theres no other planes in the others dlcs that suport this feature. sadly.

A lot of weapons dont need any DLCs. 

Olivia, DreamC, Sp0on and 1 other like this
13 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Warning, this post has some obvious error in spelling. I don't have time to make an essay, if you have problems with that don't read.

First off

Kos zones

This is probably one of the worst ideas I've ever heard for an arma rp server. It doesn't promote rp at all. It promotes people to killing others just because they can. Most people don't think who their character is or why they're there. They just kill for the thrill.

This is not a hardcore RP server, it might not promote RP but the places that is red is illegal, if you dont want to be shoot without initiating do something legal

Broken game mechanics

I understand that there may be bugs but this is some what ridiculous. Banks are not able to be robbed (No gold bars spawning on Asylum altis life 3) and some vendors are just broken.

Bank is able to be robbed, feds gold bars is disabled because devs belives it crashes the server 

Honestly from all the times I've played any type of Alits life server it felt like the developers didn't care or were lazy. Now saying that they don't have lives, but development feels super slow. When you got obvious bugs like the kavala scuba diving shop having it's shop placed nearly entirely under the floor then you know something is wrong.

That is a recent bug and you can blame bohemia interactive for that one

Bounty hunters

Broken game mechanic and every one else I talked to agreed. I think to balance this players need to lose their wanted level on death. "I'm sorry officer but that was crimes committed in a past life, I didn't do anything on this charector."

If you die you're not on a new life and can still be arrested. We are allowed to use name tag above your head to know who you are. If you dont want to be cough by the police or a BH then get out of kavala

Seriously though, I have combat logged on these people. They make me want to go to the kavala square and mass RDM. I'm less prone to it now but when I first encountered these people it made me think how the fuck do they even know what I look like let alone my name? Most don't care for Role play, all they care about is a paycheck.

The people that you combat logged on did nothing wrong but you did, sound like you bring negative stuff to this community 

Don't think i'm just going to mindlessly bash on your server. The Role Play officers do is great, some of the best Rp on the server. It's just bad when an under cover officer is like "I'm going to arrest you know, i'm an undercover cop." Then proceeds to restrain you. Wtf? Bruh I could have just resisted, you should have asked me to put my hands up or shot me, that would be accept able. But when i'm holding a grenade in my hand and he's like "ha ha got you" im thinking what is this shit? So you can without warning just run up to a group of unsuspecting criminals and just  restrain them? Or just restrain some one that started shooting at you?

Cops are not supposed to restrain someone with out initiating unless you're a direct threat. 

It's an abuse of game mechanics. I should be able to resist in some way, he didn't have a gun out. A simple rule like "Hands up, Tazed or consent is the only time you can arrest some one" would fix with issue.

blame bohemia interactive, nothing asylum have done

it's hard to even figure out which one doesn't. I can't use it once dropped, could we please add a small feature that tells you if a gun requires DLC. Better yet, create your own weapons.

Check in virtual arsenal what has the dlc tag beside of it and make a note

The server does do good in some areas. It has quite a few features and the sometimes daily night events are fun. I remember the jumping motor bikes and the laser tag with a high prize which will make me keep coming back for some time.

Other than that the only other thing I have problems with are profile pictures. I'm not blaming this forum at all for this it's just I don't think it should be an optional feature. Many will disagree with this but honestly when reading replies I don't care if you're a furry and would prefer not to know. (Infact that messed up the vision of a creature in one of my books, it ticked me off a bit but what evet I can't change that.)

Wtf have you been smoking?

Honestly I think we can all agree on this except the last part.

That's a 10-74

1 hour ago, Dragon01 said:

Bounty hunters

Uh huh...

Goofy likes this

I would put this in a better format but the website is barely responding to me.

t's so broken and so is the rp. At times I'll admit I got surprised that any of it existed. But I can honestly see why some people hate this place so much and ddos it.

You only get as good rp as you give. step up your game

Kos zones

Not hardcore RP server

Bounty hunters

Not a hardcore RP server. You only lose your bounty by jail, paying it, death by cop or pardon

Buy the DLC, theres no other planes in the others dlcs that suport this feature. sadly.

A lot of weapons dont need any DLCs. 

Kos Zones

Why were they even added in the first place? That's a really poor argument there. You didn't even argue why it should stay, I still have no idea why t's there in the first place. First off it doesn't even encourage casual rp, why should I rob this guy if I can just snipe his ass and ruin his day. It seems like a rushed idea to improve the danger with these areas and to make the people that just want to kill stay.

Another thing is just by having these zones it encourages less player interaction. People will still rob, shoot and kill but now because it's a kos are they can just do it for no reason. Not I never meant the gang hideouts but rather places like the drug cartel and such. Just removing it from Kos will mean players might actually get the chance to talk.

Bounty Hunter

I gave you ways that this could be easily fixed, but you've rejected them.

That sucks, is there any way that custom planes could be put in?

That's true but a lot of the higher speed and damage guns seem to be dlc only. I believe I've counted 6 rifles and assault rifles as well as snipers. I don't count weapons from the civilian shop since they're not really super effective, I don't see that smg as a military weapon. I could be wrong though. Regardless it would be best if there was a warning that you need a dlc (Either that or make your own guns.)

Trust me i'm giving constructive criticism and ways to improve the server, i'm not bashing on it for no reason. I don't see any reason to just say no to these thoughts without any reason. It seems like a lot of servers, even for various games, have their niche that can't take complaints from people that play their server.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/what-doesnt-kill-us/201310/can-you-take-criticism

whoah look out the RP Police coming into a community thats been around for 3+ years telling us we're doing it wrong.  listen here chache.  just because A3L got broing to you or you got banned... dosnt mean we going to push some hardcore rp rules. we have 4 servers that stay full so i think our devs are doing something right. 

2 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Kos Zones

Why were they even added in the first place? That's a really poor argument there. You didn't even argue why it should stay, I still have no idea why t's there in the first place. First off it doesn't even encourage casual rp, why should I rob this guy if I can just snipe his ass and ruin his day. It seems like a rushed idea to improve the danger with these areas and to make the people that just want to kill stay.

ve always been a thing. They cause a certain level of risk to higher paying jobs. Also, there are cartels which are in kos zones, that would not work without it.

Bounty Hunter

No, you gave ways that would greatly change the way the gameplay of these servers work

Not without mods, and this is not modded servers.

That's true but a lot of the higher speed and damage guns seem to be dlc only. I believe I've counted 6 rifles and assault rifles as well as snipers. I don't count weapons from the civilian shop since they're not really super effective, I don't see that smg as a military weapon. I could be wrong though. Regardless it would be best if there was a warning that you need a dlc (Either that or make your own guns.)

Trust me i'm giving constructive criticism and ways to improve the server, i'm not bashing on it for no reason. I don't see any reason to just say no to these thoughts without any reason. It seems like a lot of servers, even for various games, have their niche that can't take complaints from people that play their server.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/what-doesnt-kill-us/201310/can-you-take-criticism

"  But I can honestly see why some people hate this place so much and ddos it. "

Honestly though, you need to realise that these servers are casual RP, not hardcore RP. The devs does not want to limit what you can and cant do ingame by rules. The servers are more combat oriented than other life servers, but thats because its not hardcore rp. There are still plenty of RP to be had, you just need to get out of Kavala and rebel outposts.

9 minutes ago, KillZone said:

whoah look out the RP Police coming into a community thats been around for 3+ years telling us we're doing it wrong.  listen here chache.  just because A3L got broing to you or you got banned... dosnt mean we going to push some hardcore rp rules. we have 4 servers that stay full so i think our devs are doing something right. 

Woah some one that can't take honest criticism about their server. It's not like I was demanding these things. In fact I never even called it boring and I never got banned. These are not even hardcore pvp rules, the only rule change I ever suggested was to make it so cops can only arrest you with your hands up or if you're tazed. Honestly if you think that's hardcore and not a balance rule you're probably delusional. I don't see an entire police department quitting because they can't abuse this.

I never came here to bash you, as I said there are some things I like about the server, but you people are getting way to defensive. 

8 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Kos Zones

Every server has KOS zones.  please during your next hometown bank robbery stroll in a try to make a transaction. (IRL)

Another thing is just by having these zones it encourages less player interaction. People will still rob, shoot and kill but now because it's a kos are they can just do it for no reason. Not I never meant the gang hideouts but rather places like the drug cartel and such. Just removing it from Kos will mean players might actually get the chance to talk.

the whole point of a cartel is for fighting its an even balance of RP and shooting people in the face.

Bounty Hunter

your ways dont seem logical at all. 

Ask for it for christmas

we dont have snipers, so your argument is invalid, and it is not on us to make the weapons for everyone thats arma buddy... like come on you need to put up better arguements. 

1 minute ago, Dragon01 said:

Woah some one that can't take honest criticism about their server. It's not like I was demanding these things. In fact I never even called it boring and I never got banned. These are not even hardcore pvp rules, the only rule change I ever suggested was to make it so cops can only arrest you with your hands up or if you're tazed. Honestly if you think that's hardcore and not a balance rule you're probably delusional. I don't see an entire police department quitting because they can't abuse this.

I never came here to bash you, as I said there are some things I like about the server, but you people are getting way to defensive. 

only arrest people with hands up?

so i cant force cuffs on people... seems like a boundry of RP to me, i thought you want more RP?

4 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Honestly though, you need to realise that these servers are casual RP, not hardcore RP. The devs does not want to limit what you can and cant do ingame by rules. The servers are more combat oriented than other life servers, but thats because its not hardcore rp. There are still plenty of RP to be had, you just need to get out of Kavala and rebel outposts.

Well if i'm pointing a gun at your face and some how magically you hand cuff me, is that not an rp breaking situation? Wouldn't it add more to just say hey, hand's up or i'm going to shoot you. It seems like a cheap way to quickly end something.

Well if i'm pointing a gun at your face and some how magically you hand cuff me, is that not an rp breaking situation? Wouldn't it add more to just say hey, hand's up or i'm going to shoot you. It seems like a cheap way to quickly end something.

BELIVE IT OR NOT people dont like getting tased, im not going to shoot someone for not putting their hands up if they are standing still right in front of me

this server doesnt have rules on this man its not some hardcore rp server where if someone points a gun at you, you need to do everything they say or get banned. If that happened half the people would be banned

3 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Why is that breaking RP? If Conan can disarm someone, then a trained police officer in a militarized country probably knows how to do it.

Also I would like to point out that you say you have not been banned, but you also said you combat logged. Combat loggers are the scum of the servers and deserve to be permbanned on 2nd offense

14 minutes ago, Budbringer said:
23 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Kos Zones

Why were they even added in the first place? That's a really poor argument there. You didn't even argue why it should stay, I still have no idea why t's there in the first place. First off it doesn't even encourage casual rp, why should I rob this guy if I can just snipe his ass and ruin his day. It seems like a rushed idea to improve the danger with these areas and to make the people that just want to kill stay.

ve always been a thing. They cause a certain level of risk to higher paying jobs. Also, there are cartels which are in kos zones, that would not work without it.

Bounty Hunter

No, you gave ways that would greatly change the way the gameplay of these servers work

Not without mods, and this is not modded servers.

"  But I can honestly see why some people hate this place so much and ddos it. "

For one thing you didn't quote the entire first response. I should clarify myself more by saying that I mean places like the crack processor, dealer and such. Cartels and hideouts I understand completely.

Now that I started to think about the bounty hunter thing I just don't know. Since this is a public server I can see people easily killing themselves just to get rid of the bounty level. I would really love to see that change to remove wanted level on death but that can be so abused.

I still don't see harm to the cop rule or feature to say that so and so gun need a dlc.

Edited by Dragon01

Maybe I am just playing the server wrong. I still don't see anything wrong with a notification saying that the selected weapon is a DLC weapon or that cops can only arrest when so and so happens. Some of the features are still broken though.

Some of you don't think I am listening and that i'm an ignorant poster but I am. I stopped on the Apex drug run, the kos zones and most military weapons are dlc (Nobody really discussed that latter. I can come back with an exact count.)

9 minutes ago, Anzy said:

4 posts already bitching about the server... time for you to leave 

More like discussing something, if you don't want to then you don't need to read.

11 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

can we have automatic mod que until you have 20 Rep. This same post comes up once a week from some noob with 12 hours in game. 

CoWZ05t.gif

I know it's not your point but I have actually played more than 12 hours here.

Just now, Dragon01 said:

I know it's not your point but I have actually played more than 12 hours here.

Im assuming you are coming from CG/nopixel or whatever. This is not hardcore RP, This is glorified Cops and Robbers with the option of RP. If you enjoy RP, you are more than welcome here im sure you will find individuals who enjoy it just as much as you. But a large majority of the playerbase is here for the fast paced action, and you coming on the forums and complaining "fail rp" is going to get you nowhere. The RP rules are never going to get stricter, until just recently i was allowed to text a person "yur ded m8" and i was clear to shoot them. if you want hardcore rp, find a new server.

Lex Tempest likes this
8 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Some of you don't think I am listening and that i'm an ignorant poster but I am. I stopped on the Apex drug run, the kos zones and most military weapons are dlc (Nobody really discussed that latter. I can come back with an exact 

Seeing as you don't like that there are so many dlc weapons, what more weapons(not dlc) could be added into the game that fits the server?

Maybe some people are just misinterpreting what you are asking about the weapon DLCs...So I will just show you...

Marksmen DLC:
Mk-1 EMR 7.62mm
Mk-14 7.62mm
(https://arma3.com/dlc/marksmen)

Apex DLC:
AKS-74U 5.45mm
AKM 7.62mm
AK12 7.62mm
LIM-85 5.56mm
RPG-7 Launcher 
PM 9mm Pistol
SPAR-16 5.5 mm
CAR-95 5.8mm
Type 115 6.5mm
CMR-76 6.5mm
SPAR-17 7.62mm
Protector 9mm
(https://arma3.com/apex)

On top of that, you must also have a talent point to use the 7.62mm weapons. Don't forget that guy...

Olivia likes this
16 minutes ago, Dex Chase said:

all I read was

b5dcc8b8a14c638bcd95be615186a6632b0a5ea5

That would be fun to ride.

18 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

Im assuming you are coming from CG/nopixel or whatever. This is not hardcore RP, This is glorified Cops and Robbers with the option of RP. If you enjoy RP, you are more than welcome here im sure you will find individuals who enjoy it just as much as you. But a large majority of the playerbase is here for the fast paced action, and you coming on the forums and complaining "fail rp" is going to get you nowhere. The RP rules are never going to get stricter, until just recently i was allowed to text a person "yur ded m8" and i was clear to shoot them. if you want hardcore rp, find a new server.

But would adding a rule such needing a person to have their hands up or to be tased before being restrained be such  bad thing? I know that adding a warning dlc weapons and vehicles is not a bad thing

2 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

That would be fun to ride.

But would adding a rule such needing a person to have their hands up or to be tased before being restrained be such  bad thing? I know that adding a warning dlc weapons and vehicles is not a bad thing

ok im not going to tell someone hands up and taze them for a 2$ speeding charge.  comeon man, not a single person is agreeing with you, should you not take this as a hint to your suggestion are just not good. 

@Dragon01 You are one of many that come to asylum because they got bored/rejected/banned from hardcore rp servers and then you see asylum with 5 servers that are full in prime time (if they fix stability) and think how this will be your free way to enjoy hardcore rp. You dont bother to come to forums and read the rules and get accustomed with nature of this server because you think that rules cant be that different from hardcore rp and that is where sh*t starts to hit the fan. First time you get arrested you lose your shit because police know your name and u combat log or scream at them how they will be banned... At the end you come to the forums and make a topic like this (there is a lot of other topics like this) trying to change the rules to your liking. The truth is, asylum is one of a kind fast paced competitive server with a lot of combat and if this is not something you are looking for then leave because no one will change the rules. 

DreamC and Olivia like this
32 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Some of you don't think I am listening and that i'm an ignorant poster but I am.

39 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Since this is a public server I can see people easily killing themselves just to get rid of the bounty level. I would really love to see that change to remove wanted level on death but that can be so abused.

:fail::fail::fail::fail:

Just stop Dragon01. A casual advice from a friendly community-member. :)

Edited by Heidelberg

Why you fucks always gotta go and trigger me.

Rant: 

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

First off

Kos zones

This is not a hardcore RP server. Clearly you haven't read anything.

Broken game mechanics

I understand that there may be bugs but this is some what ridiculous. Banks are not able to be robbed (No gold bars spawning on Asylum altis life 3) and some vendors are just broken. Honestly from all the times I've played any type of Alits life server it felt like the developers didn't care or were lazy. Now saying that they don't have lives, but development feels super slow. When you got obvious bugs like the kavala scuba diving shop having it's shop placed nearly entirely under the floor then you know something is wrong.

Lel what? Banks are fine? And really? Your first complaint is a fucking sign in the ground in the biggest shit hole of the server? Go the Pyrgos, problem solved. Its not a big deal.

Bounty hunters

This has been a thing in the past (IRRC) and never will be again. For one reason. Its very easy to suicide and circumvent and repercussions from crime. Also, saying you CL and want to mass RDM, GIVES YOU NO CREDIBILITY, WHAT SO EVER. Thats the equivalent of Trump saying “I don't pay taxes cause Im smart”, That doesn't make it ok.

Clearly you've never seen an actual undercover cop. I've been pulled over by one before (IRL) and my first thought wasn't “BRO THATS NOT FAIR, I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE A COP. IF I HAD THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION, WHICH I DIDNT, I COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING DIFFERENTLY.” Like. Just stop. Kys.

Bohemia issue, not Asylum's. Nothing they can do about it.

This is simple basic game knowledge. It's not hard to look at the DLC page for the game. Clearly you have no knowledge of Arma what so ever, and creating custom weapons via mission file is next to impossible

............? You fukin wot?

My final thoughts:

I'm willing to bet you're some FrankieonPC idiot who saw one of his SCRIPTED videos, and thought “Gee, I sure would like that.” Theres the door. Enjoy, this community does not cater to babies or people to incompetent to understand what they are getting themselves into.

Treeherder likes this