Change log 7.9.0

bamf

@Gnashes I think seizing dirty money into a car bugs out the impound/ store option.    
Siezed 59K dirty money into a police car, took it to HQ and seized into evidence but then the car wont store/ impound.  Says the vehicle still contains equipment although nothing is in the inventory or trunk. 
Any ideas why this might be happening ? 

Edited by Thomas
50 minutes ago, Haych said:

Issue with the Splunk donation is that most of the community don't know the importance of Splunk. Having it in your signature and stream overlay won't get it enough attention to get people to donate. Get it put on the frontpage, CM makes a important announcement post about it, you inform the community about the importance of it, people will donate. 

Now apply those to rewards that people really want, people will donate regardless. It works for much smaller communities, why wouldn't it work here?

cfb932c65fb3c3181bc1ac09861e48b1.png

20 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

cfb932c65fb3c3181bc1ac09861e48b1.png

Fact that I and a lot of people didn't even know this post existed says it all. Lets be honest, this probably got buried within a couple days of posting. How can you expect a important post to get some attention if it can't even get bumped. It will just get buried and forgotten about within a couple days. Most people who play on the servers don't browse the forums every day, not to even mention new players won't go digging around buried posts just to find something like this.

Something like this wouldn't hurt. Always front page, always there. simple.

6b3eed67b33f47898ce9b574deb372f8.png

51c560588cdf4e8fa3e5790c7aabe4e4.png

Edited by Haych
Monster, BlackShot and Azeh like this
11 minutes ago, Trilligy said:

@Haych If you look you can see it is pinned. The section of the forums this is pinned at is for APD SGT+ since they are the ones who where asked to help out with it if they wanted to continue to have access to it.

Pinned doesn't keep it from appearing on the front page again for people to see. As soon as another post in that Sub Category gets commented on, you can consider that post to be forgotten about. Especially since it's locked as well so it's got no way of ever appearing on the Front Page again.

Announcement Banners go a long way, maybe they should get used.

Also what attention is it going to get if the majority of the community can't even see it :shrug:

Edited by Haych

Everyone going on about the rap sheet hurting RP needs to think more. Think of the current guidelines.They're written in such a way that unless you practically drive yourself to HQ and handcuff and ticket yourself, you aren't going to get fuck all as far as reducing. 

Can't parole anyone with an actual bounty that isn't in Kavala or anyone who didn't want to lie down and handcuff themselves for you. 

Can't trial by combat

Can't keep illegal guns under ANY circumstance

You're almost guaranteed a ticket of AT LEAST 50% unless you fucking deliver yourself on a silver platter and spoon feed the cops. 

It's literal cancer. 

Also, I should add that all these things were different two years ago (for those of you who were here, you know what I mean). You could actually play the game and still have a chance to not waste 45 min of your day. The same can't be said anymore. 

Edited by Axe
Big Bird likes this
2 hours ago, Axe said:

Also, I should add that all these things were different two years ago (for those of you who were here, you know what I mean). You could actually play the game and still have a chance to not waste 45 min of your day. The same can't be said anymore. 

Good +1

Now you can't waste 45 minutes of other people's days and get away with it after a bullshit ass RP story. It might be fun to run around and kill and rob people, but it's not fun for those you kill and rob. It's fucking insanity to think you should be allowed to do that for hours and get a slap on the wrist for it while those who you terrorized, who didn't antagonize you at all, gets nothing. If all you want to do is kill and cause havok you deserve a 45 minute time out, if you don't like it play some god damn wasteland.

Do the crime serve the time (or pay the fine).

Fuck mod queue

Edited by Furnie Mack
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Well; The APD Splunk drive didn't even make great progress with, well, the APD.

Course; I also heard that they were spun a tale from someone I won't name; so there's that as well.

We're currently sitting on 1.7 Billion indexed events, with 51 Million of those being Synclogs.

That's what 3%? Damn a whole lot more than sync logs like I guessed. Not just play time like most people think.

1 hour ago, Trilligy said:

Real question becomes putting it on the banner only increase visibility, do you believe people will "donate" for something that offers them nothing in return?

Some other Life servers are doing it for a long time and it works. But if u dont want to use something that works just because someone else is using it than there is a problem. 

Edited by AegonTargaryenTv
1 hour ago, BioHazard said:

That's what 3%? Damn a whole lot more than sync logs like I guessed. Not just play time like most people think.

1 Billion RPT logs

230 Million BattlEye script logs

81 Million Join/Disconnect/Chat logs

20 Million Create/DeleteVehicle

etcetera.

3 hours ago, Von Buns said:

That's weird, might be a bug on my client's part. I tried changing what it was bound to and it still did nothing.

Samething happed to me yeaterday,  but i gues it fixed itself, custom 2 was not working , i thought it was weird, i had to double check the my hot key was still bound!

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Everyone going on about the rap sheet hurting RP needs to think more. Think of the current guidelines.They're written in such a way that unless you practically drive yourself to HQ and handcuff and ticket yourself, you aren't going to get fuck all as far as reducing. 

Can't parole anyone with an actual bounty that isn't in Kavala or anyone who didn't want to lie down and handcuff themselves for you. 

Can't trial by combat

You're almost guaranteed a ticket of AT LEAST 50% unless you fucking deliver yourself on a silver platter and spoon feed the cops. 

It's literal cancer. 

If you wanna build up that 800k bounty, sure you should be in jail for 45mins. (Oh noooooo *Alt tabs and watches netflix*)

Get caught not wanted doing meth? Even if you go to jail its for 1min..

Caught with a small bounty? Try to RP it for a half ticket, pardon, parole?

Caught killing cops over and over and they wont reduce your ticket? Well.. suck it up and pay it, your own fault for getting caught.

I don't think the guidelines are wrong, your mentality is.

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

If you wanna build up that 800k bounty, sure you should be in jail for 45mins. (Oh noooooo *Alt tabs and watches netflix*)

Get caught not wanted doing meth? Even if you go to jail its for 1min..

Caught with a small bounty? Try to RP it for a half ticket, pardon, parole?

Caught killing cops over and over and they wont reduce your ticket? Well.. suck it up and pay it, your own fault for getting caught.

I don't think the guidelines are wrong, your mentality is.

Ok. Hold on here. Take a second and step back.

You're saying if you get caught committing any crime you should go to jail?

You know what happens when you commit crimes? You get caught. Its part of the game. In fact, I'd say in at least 50% of the game.

So then what's the point of me spending 20 min RPing with an officer to have him be "oh I don't believe you, 3/4 ticket" Because it doesn't take any RP to say "I dont believe you". In fact, most RP stories I've tried to tell are completely one sided. I get nothing in return from the officer. If you aren't going to work with me, then just tell me and don't waste my time.

It goes back to exactly what I said, unless you deliver yourself hogtied on a silver platter, you arent going to get anywhere. 

42 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

This. Is simply the most ignorant statement you could have made. 

"Don't get caught, but if you do get caught you're going to jail no chance explain for a reduction" 

In fact, your mentality is what's wrong with the APD. Who are you to say someone's story is false, when all you can say is "I don't believe you" Give me a reason. Oh that's right, most likely an officer won't, because he can't. He's just throwing you in jail he has hurt feelings because you killed him once.

Im willing to bet you wearnt around when notorious gang members got off of tickets after trial by combat with an LT. I'm willing to bet you were never around when weapon seizing was optional if the proper reasoning was given. You havent seen the decline myself and a few others have. You just have this polarized image of the APD that has always had these ridiculous guidelines. 

/rant

Yung Kali-G likes this
2 hours ago, Furnie Mack said:

Now you can't waste 45 minutes of other people's days and get away with it after a bullshit ass RP story. It might be fun to run around and kill and rob people, but it's not fun for those you kill and rob. It's fucking insanity to think you should be allowed to do that for hours and get a slap on the wrist for it while those who you terrorized, who didn't antagonize you at all, gets nothing. If all you want to do is kill and cause havok you deserve a 45 minute time out, if you don't like it play some god damn wasteland.

You know what's insanity? Insanity is the fact that you immediately go to:

bullshit ass RP story

Who are you to say that? Yea, my house didn't burn down in game because the limitations of the game. Use your imagination instead of taking everything at face value and literals. 

"Oh, well it says here you killed 2 people, that must be the be all end all, the computer never lies even though I have no idea as to what actually happend" 

DreamC likes this
21 minutes ago, Axe said:
  Hide contents

Ok. Hold on here. Take a second and step back.

You're saying if you get caught committing any crime you should go to jail?

You know what happens when you commit crimes? You get caught. Its part of the game. In fact, I'd say in at least 50% of the game.

So then what's the point of me spending 20 min RPing with an officer to have him be "oh I don't believe you, 3/4 ticket" Because it doesn't take any RP to say "I dont believe you". In fact, most RP stories I've tried to tell are completely one sided. I get nothing in return from the officer. If you aren't going to work with me, then just tell me and don't waste my time.

It goes back to exactly what I said, unless you deliver yourself hogtied on a silver platter, you arent going to get anywhere. 

This. Is simply the most ignorant statement you could have made. 

"Don't get caught, but if you do get caught you're going to jail no chance explain for a reduction" 

In fact, your mentality is what's wrong with the APD. Who are you to say someone's story is false, when all you can say is "I don't believe you" Give me a reason. Oh that's right, most likely an officer won't, because he can't. He's just throwing you in jail he has hurt feelings because you killed him once.

Im willing to bet you wearnt around when notorious gang members got off of tickets after trial by combat with an LT. I'm willing to bet you were never around when weapon seizing was optional if the proper reasoning was given. You havent seen the decline myself and a few others have. You just have this polarized image of the APD that has always had these ridiculous guidelines. 

/rant

You know what scrap everything i said, i will summarize it for you.

The guidelines give you enough posibilities, it's about how you use your options.

Guidelines aren't assholes, players are and yeah... even in the APD.

There will always be difference in opinions but if it were so insanely stupid to have the current ones i would expect more drama on the forums.

Edited by Midamaru
1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

stereo typical butthurt rebel.

I actually have no problem going to jail, I normally just go make lunch/dinner. 

My problem comes when I do waste my time when you (not you specifically) are just going to go "I don't believe you." Like. Just tell me not to bother instead of wasting both you and my time. And then when you do say "well I can't" dont blame it on a guideline. They're guidelines but every officer thinks they're rules.  They're two different things. 

Monster likes this
3 hours ago, Axe said:

Can't trial by combat

It's literal cancer. 

Waaaay back in the day, I saw people get to keep their illegal weapons.  One of the guys said he was using it for rhino hunting.  But I do agree guidelines like you listed are well intentioned but aren't good for RP in the long run.

3 hours ago, Furnie Mack said:

Good +1

Do the crime serve the time (or pay the fine).

Fuck mod queue

Okay, I do not mean this as a way to insult you.  But what do you do on Asylum?  Do you just play legally and that's it?  Part of the fun is killing and robbing people.  And people who are robbing let's say miners and I have knowledge of that as a cop, they would have to work much harder to get pardoned as I know what they are doing is fucking other people over.  But it is a game, everyone is just trying to have fun and nobody was actually murdered in real life, it's all for fun.  I don't get why some cops have such a hard ass approach to dealing with fake criminals.

Big Bird and Axe like this
1 hour ago, Axe said:

You know what's insanity? Insanity is the fact that you immediately go to:

Who are you to say that? Yea, my house didn't burn down in game because the limitations of the game. Use your imagination instead of taking everything at face value and literals. 

"Oh, well it says here you killed 2 people, that must be the be all end all, the computer never lies even though I have no idea as to what actually happend" 

Face

Palm

I have to run to a client's house and I'll try to elaborate more later when I'm home. I get where you and @Sheriff Rick Grimes are coming from though.

Edited by Furnie Mack
5 hours ago, Midamaru said:

400 euro for splunk per month? just so we can see cop activity? LOL 

Please tell me im a moron and it doesnt work like that

Here is the maths (that's for our British folks) and background of the Splunk costs for those talking about it in this thread.  

I had the Splunk server in OVH for 6 months.  After that, I moved the service to a dedicated server that I bought, and got Internet with static IPs to service Splunk.  I did this as a cost saving measure given the cost of OVH as an ongoing item, as well as the enhanced performance I could gain over what OVH could handle.  The Internet is on a 2 year contract, and there was the cost of the server itself.  

All in, I have $4700 into Splunk for the community through August of next year.  Those are my actual costs, and not me trying to "make money" off of providing the service to the community.  That would be 30 months of providing Splunk out of pocket on my end.  So while the "cost per month" now is really about $75, I'm attempting to recoup the costs of the server, as well as previous hosting etc. - which is why you see the $400 amount in the donation goals.  

Does that make sense?

1 minute ago, Killswitch said:

FTFY :D

I remember when jail time didn't sync, and it could go above the restart timer effectively putting you in jail infinitely until an admin fixed you.  Forty five minutes is WAY better than that.  

Edit:  Also, 45 minutes gives your friends a chance to get geared and come do a prison break.  If the max jail time is too low, then the high end content that is the prison break becomes something that would never be done.   

Yung Kali-G and BlackShot like this
33 minutes ago, bamf said:

I remember when jail time didn't sync, and it could go above the restart timer effectively putting you in jail infinitely until an admin fixed you.  Forty five minutes is WAY better than that.  

Edit:  Also, 45 minutes gives your friends a chance to get geared and come do a prison break.  If the max jail time is too low, then the high end content that is the prison break becomes something that would never be done.   

I like your thinking here. I feel that you could make the jail time even larger so people have more of a initiative to start an rp convo vs running around saying "hands up or die" to everyone in sight.

41 minutes ago, bamf said:

Here is the maths (that's for our British folks) and background of the Splunk costs for those talking about it in this thread.  

I had the Splunk server in OVH for 6 months.  After that, I moved the service to a dedicated server that I bought, and got Internet with static IPs to service Splunk.  I did this as a cost saving measure given the cost of OVH as an ongoing item, as well as the enhanced performance I could gain over what OVH could handle.  The Internet is on a 2 year contract, and there was the cost of the server itself.  

All in, I have $4700 into Splunk for the community through August of next year.  Those are my actual costs, and not me trying to "make money" off of providing the service to the community.  That would be 30 months of providing Splunk out of pocket on my end.  So while the "cost per month" now is really about $75, I'm attempting to recoup the costs of the server, as well as previous hosting etc. - which is why you see the $400 amount in the donation goals.  

Does that make sense?

Why didn't Paratus reimburse you? After all it is for his server which he makes money off of.

48 minutes ago, bamf said:

Prison breaks aren't exactly worth it, You wait 10-30 minutes to only get sent straight back for another 45 minutes. (Next time you are caught)

I think a big thing that could possibly make RP better between cops and civ is to actually reward cops for good RP instead of punishing them. The more cops RP, the less money they get. This leads to major robocopping as a good portion of the APD only play to make money outside of a typical 'grind'. 

There has to be some middle ground where it can benefit both.

Edited by Legit
1 hour ago, bamf said:

And then you would have to wait in a channel for an admin to let you out, which could take hours upon hours...or you could die in jail and it would reset your timer...that was fun as well

those were the days....

bamf likes this