Bugs that bug you

I play a lot on the servers, but I don't pretend to know every bug that is an annoyance for you the players.  Help me start a list so that we can knock some of the more annoying ones out please.  

I don't intend for this to be a place to complain about things, simply a spot that we can start a running tally of the bugs so that I can give Paratus the most up to date list possible for prioritization.  

I will update the initial post to list bugs, so please check there first to make sure we don't duplicate them as we go down the list.  

Thanks,  

Bamf

List o' bugs

1. At times, players appear to lose their gear when they exit a vehicle.  Those players still see gear on themselves, but other players do not see the gear.  This leads to unexpected ballistics results in the game.  
  2. Only for the APD, when syncs happen the fire mode is automatically toggled back to single fire.  
  3. After the patch that keeps you from dying at 0 food/water, once you go to 0 eating and/or drinking do not reset your rate of movement while on foot in the game.  
  4. Fresh spawn players are unable to buy a slash bandolier at the clothing store with the message "Not enough space".
  5. When a vehicle and crates) contains illegal contraband and the APD searches the vehicle or crate, all virtual items in the vehicle trunk or crate inventory are removed instead of just the illegal items.  
  6. Houses listed on the housing market do not always pay the seller when sold if the seller is offline.  
  7. SWAT has no way to enter the Commander seat of a Strider, so you only have 3 seats instead of 4 in that vehicle.  
  8. Medics are unable to pull dead players from vehicles.  
  9. Civilian offroads are spawning with light bars.
  10. Some houses will not allow the expected number of crates/aging barrels to be placed inside (1.2M long stone houses for one).  
  11. Apply painkillers to jailed citizens for the sake of mercy.  
  12. If a vehicle saves through a restart and then impounded by a cop, most of the times it will be gone out of your garage. (need to verify)
  13. PPE is lost when going through a checkpoing and speeding.  
  14. Possession of illegal firearms is now showing as $3500 instead of it's original value.  
  15. Entering or exiting a vehicle disconnects an APD officer from their drone.  
  16. Someone being revived by two people will end up on debug island instead of being revived.  
  17. Jury duty sometimes binds you in place instead of allowing you to move around.  
  18. When a vehicle despawns near bank it doesn't go back to the owners garage (unconfirmed?)
  19. When you die and respawn you can't reconnect to your drone for 2-10 mins.  (On the UAV terminal there will be an X on the drone like someone else is already connected to it.)
  20. Fix "the crack" at the prison.
  21. Restrained cops can not be pulled from a vehicle.  
  22. When UC cops are revived, their virtual inventory goes back to the default UC loadout instead of what they actually had on their character.  

Not sure if a bug, but keeping gear for undercovers would be really awesome over softlogs and server restarts! :)
Also, sometimes you get stuck out of nowhere and you can't run only walk really slowly and eventually you will have to relog.

Can't think of anything else right now.

Edited by Zelthius
Just now, Zelthius said:

Not sure if a bug, but keeping gear for undercovers would be really awesome over softlogs and server restarts! :)
Also, sometimes you get stuck out of nowhere and you can't run and eventually you will have to relog.

Can't think of anything else right now.

The gearing issue is an enhancement request and not a bug.  I'll handle those separately.  The not being able to run, can you expand on that for me?  

1 minute ago, bamf said:

The gearing issue is an enhancement request and not a bug.  I'll handle those separately.  The not being able to run, can you expand on that for me?  

Alright that's fine then!

And, yes I can, I got it today after eating too much food, you basically stay fatigued all the time. Note: Before I ate too much food my food got at 0, causing me to walk slowly. Redgulls or eating food to bring the %food up, did not work.

It may aswell be caused by other issues but this is how I experienced it today. Don't have more details.

Edited by Zelthius

Very annoying bug for Civ that annoys me as a cop and often leads me to comping civs from my own account:

Civ goes Wreck excivating or whatever has an entire truck full of diamonds or whatever... and a single cocane

Cops search vehicle

Since the cocane is in the truck it removes all inventory not just the single cocane. it removes the entire T inventory.

Capt Pepper, rngr and Olivia like this

Currently the only way to get in the commander seat of the Strider for cops is to unlock it. Where this is a bigger issue is on the SWAT Strider. Cops don't get keys so we loose a seat.

The code is already in place, just need to replace "B_MRAP_01_hmg_F" with "I_MRAP_03_F" in setupactions.

I tested it on my end and works.

rngr likes this
Just now, Serpico said:

Currently the only way to get in the commander seat of the Strider for cops is to unlock it. Where this is a bigger issue is on the SWAT Strider. Cops don't get keys so we loose a seat.

The code is already in place, just need to replace "B_MRAP_01_hmg_F" with "I_MRAP_03_F" in setupactions.

I tested it on my end and works.

This one is huge.  Would love a cop "get in commander" option like on the ghosthawk.

Let's see if this time it'll be taken in consideration.

1. Entering any kind of vehicle as a civilian will result into you losing ALL your magazines / 1 mag

https://gyazo.com/e49c2b593109600674a5e4a9b8e4e144

2. Cars despawn and do not save with the server.

3. Syncing doesn't work properly. ( EG You sync 5 minutes before restart but you still get synced back where you were 7 minutes ago )

4. Vehicles that despawn on server restart sometimes despawn from your garage aswell.

5. The Drug cartel does not always allow you to take the money out of it unless you soft log.

6. When wounded hitting something while your seatbelt is on heals you instead of damaging.

7. Hitting fences is too sensitive and makes you lose to much health ( bug idk ? )

8. Finished up setting client forces you to relog and make you lose everything upon relogging. ( Dropping everything on the ground is a fix )

9. Creation of weapons at the factories come w/o ammo.

10. Crates despawn upon restart(s) untill the next server restart.

11. Buying a house results into getting items from year(s) ago. This will promote people to exploit.

https://gyazo.com/4ec51390aa3610f3d2e359ad5e712ff8

source caderooney

12. The market of asylum never adapts its always on the same price

13. Speeding cameras turn asylums color grading back to normal

14. Fuel is still syncing all vehicles to 100%.

15. Upon being downed there is a very slim chance of being instantly restrained.

16. Blood bag animation is royally fucked.

17. NPC of the Sofia Clinic is bugged people with broken legs can't acces it due it being in the ground

18. Turfs can be exploited from 50+ metres away ( thx mob )

19. Upon altf4ing and coming back as a newspawn will result into you needing painkillers.

20. Repairing cars is 70% royally fucked ( thx zelthius )

21. Executing people can be done from 25 ms away

22. Pressing 3 puts your hands up? Intentional or a bug?

23. People that have been killed in the back of the orca can't be pulled out. You can't even jump in the seat to make him fall out since it will make the dead person switch seats. Despawning the orca is the only solution.

24. Slim chance orcas spawn w/o windshields

25. Ability to parole speed tickets..? ( bug?  )

26. Orcas that get created at the vehicle factory are placed so close to the wall that amateur pilots blow up instantly

27. Bug/exploit : Soft logging removes the timer of a defib

28. Upon relogging you will get a fugitive tracker of a random player thats wanted.

29. Spawn points are bugged and blows up cars/helis if theres a vehicle within 10 metres of the spawn

30. Slim chance crates multiply in a house with the same menu items.

31. if you take a barrel from a boat with your gun out accidently there is a slim chance a explosion will occur, Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJN7y7js77E" Churu

goodluck.

Edited by FozzyBier
Volunteer281, asiuxjau and Olivia like this

APD:

Undercover Slots and Medic Slots both get Cop Prestiege for Revives, Applying Splits, Blood Bagging and Arrests.

Warrant Officers only get prestiege directly from making arrests.

Examples:

Warrant Officer revives someone... They get 0 Prestiege

UC/Medic Revives someone .. They get 200 Prestiege

Warrant Officer makes an arrest they get X Prestiege (lets say 500 in the case)

UC/Medic makes an arrest they get the same 500 prestiege.

Fix:

Warrant Officers should receive a boost for arrests of their warrants and or receive prestiege for the same actions of the UC/Medics

Edited by Kajun
Olivia likes this
19 minutes ago, FozzyBier said:

8. Finished up setting client forces you to relog and make you lose everything upon relogging. ( Dropping everything on the ground is a fix ) when i relog i always keep my stuff, you must be doing something wrong

9. Creation of weapons at the factories come w/o ammo.  Why would creating a gun come with ammo?

11. Buying a house results into getting items from year(s) ago. This will promote people to exploit. That's the wrong screenshot, that's of the crate bugging and showing the default CSAT loadout for crates of that size

https://gyazo.com/4ec51390aa3610f3d2e359ad5e712ff8

source caderooney

19. Upon altf4ing and coming back as a newspawn will result into you needing painkillers. Don't exit the game while dead then (exploiting)

22. Pressing 3 puts your hands up? Intentional or a bug? Most of the numbers do something, 1 shows wanted list, 5 is phone (straight to text) and a few others

25. Ability to parole speed tickets..? ( bug?  ) How would this be a bug? You can parole any bounty whatever size although APD rules say you can't go over 50k 

26. Orcas that get created at the vehicle factory are placed so close to the wall that amateur pilots blow up instantly. That's not a bug just poor placement due to the vehicle factory being only for ground vehicles when introduced. If you're really that bad of a pilot you should just go to the black market seen as it's so rare to find anyone there

When buying a house off the market you cannot sell it or make a gang, you get the option shown as if it was someone else's house but it is yours

19 minutes ago, SV_Paul said:

Medics can't pull out dead people from cars to get revived. 

That is SOOOOOOOOO annoying, I have to leave my car open all the time because I'm such a bad driver and it end up getting stolen half the time

19 minutes ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

anytime you look at a shop or change your y the chat shows the details of it (may have been fixed)

Got Fixed :) 

Just now, Miss Evo said:

I've never had that problem 0.o sure it's not something you're doing? like you have U binded to something else that you frequently press

Nope, after 1500hrs I have changed nothing.  The past few days i pull a HB sport out of my garage, run up to it and press "U" and instead of unlocking,  it makes the "locked" chirp sound and says "you have locked your vehicle".  so I press "U" a second time and it unlocks the car again. 

1. Still can't place more than 1 crate in a 120k house(long one with wooden doors). (Tried multiple times, see link)

http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5139-inq-comp-request/#comment-24573

2. Liquor is still maturing within regular crates (at the smaller rate instead of all at once now e.g 20 scotch will upgrade per restart)

3. Handing out keys to other people means your vehicle will sometimes not sync on the restart. 

4. Hummingbirds and off-roads eat your magazines. 

5. Sometimes you are "too far away" to use a sign, when you are right next to it. 

6. Police checkpoint gates on server 5 can't be opened from within your car. (Cop)

7. Sometimes on cop, the ACO sight on the mk20 does not sync and you spawn in without it. 

8. Like mentioned above, sometimes hb sports spawn in unlocked (might be dependent on its status when it was stored/cleaned up)

9. Sometimes when pulling a hatchback sports on cop, it gives you the text of the get in options as if it were unlocked, even though it is locked. (unlocking then locking fixes) 

10. Recently as SWAT the non-lethal IR laser has a chance to not work and the mk will lethal until the laser is taken off and put on again. 

3 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

7. Sometimes on cop, the ACO sight on the mk20 does not sync and you spawn in without it. 

To add on that, ACO Sights do not save on cop at all, you lose them 100%.

Bugs I noticed(will update):

• if a vehicle saves through a restart and then impounded by a cop, most of the times it will be gone out of your garage.
  • Super annoying one: speeding ruins the contrast update, it is not fixed and still very annoying.
  • Possession of illegal firearm ticket got messed up and now charges more then it is supposed to, currently 3500$.
  • When getting revived some times the game is thinking you are restrained and you are unable to abort.

Enhancement:

As was suggested, add a confirmation menu for parole.

Edited by Zoex
Olivia likes this