English requirement

IMO yes.. If you can't talk/understand english you shouldn't be here.

But on the otherside they can play on the server but they will have a hard time beeing here, since they can't understand a single word... Cops will literally just give you the ticket and send you to jail or you're prolly gonna get banned for RDM if you shoot someone outside of an illegal area. (Because the person cant talk english)... and so on. It's just gonna be a shit experience for them...

This is not a whitelisted server. There's no way someone can join and "Hey, sir! Here's your test, let me see if you know some good English". Hence, you can't really control who joins.

Now, if you mean "add basic English knowledge" as a requirement on the map, that wouldn't work either. If they don't know how to initiate with you, like saying basic words as "hands up or die", then, instead of reporting them for "he doesn't know English", you'll report them for RDM. So I don't see a point on adding a language restriction.

If you're a good person, be a little more comprehensive with them, try to go slow on your words and try to understand what they're trying to speak. Maybe they're here to learn. If not, well, you have no other option besides reporting them for breaking any of the rules.

:)

FudgeR and Mr. Linux like this
Just now, BlackShot said:

This is not a whitelisted server. There's no way someone can join and "Hey, sir! Here's your test, let me see if you know some good English". Hence, you can't really control who joins.

Now, if you mean "add basic English knowledge" as a requirement on the map, that wouldn't work either. If they don't know how to initiate with you, like saying basic words as "hands up or die", then, instead of reporting them for "he doesn't know English", you'll report them for RDM. So I don't see a point on adding a language restriction.

If you're a good person, be a little more comprehensive with them, try to go slow on your words and try to understand what they're trying to speak. Maybe they're here to learn. If not, well, you have no other option besides reporting them for breaking any of the rules.

the hell i will try to understand them, Its their job to make themselfs understandable not mine. If they can't do it its just like someone not having a mic. Useless. If they're here to learn english they are to fucking young to be here in the first place gtf back to school. 

9 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

Ive stated this as an issue before and was called Racist by you for calling out "Some" Brazillians who don't speak proper/close to no english. If it was King of the Hill/Battle Royal/Wasteland i'd understand your point of view about taking time to try and communicate, or at least ignore the player because communication is not necessary. But even though this is a Light RP server you still need to respect a bunch of rules not excluding the fact that its not fun having to deal with someone who doesn't speak a word of english when you try to RP. Your argument that they will get banned is not very good considering Admins don't Perm ban players. A lot of 14K members have been banned on several occasions for breaking rules due to their lack of English (RDM, VDM CL ect..) yet most of them are still on Asylum breaking rules. 

For those who will say easy to find servers when english is your first language. English is my 3rd Language even though most people think i'm American lol (Like the Asylum Memesters would say "Get gud Kid".) Sometimes I go on European servers to play, don't care about the Ping. But i never join servers that is non-english why would Players who don't speak english play on English speaking Servers ?

PS: Still love you Blackshot/Best Obama Memester 2K17.

Edited by General Baked Potatoes
22 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

the hell i will try to understand them, Its their job to make themselfs understandable not mine. If they can't do it its just like someone not having a mic. Useless. If they're here to learn english they are to fucking young to be here in the first place gtf back to school. 

It's not my job to clean the streets, but that doesn't mean I can't pick garbage I see on the ground and throw it in a trash can to facilitate somebody else's work. Or you can just ignore it, that's up to how you learned to behave on those situations, or how you choose to deal with them. Pretty much what I stated up there. Again:

34 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

If you're a good person (or maybe a calm one), be a little more comprehensive with them, try to go slow on your words and try to understand what they're trying to speak. Maybe they're here to learn. If not, well, you have no other option besides reporting them for breaking any of the rules.

By the way, who told you every single kid in the world is required to learn English in their schools? And, even if it was required, do you have any idea of how hard it is learning a new language and putting it into practice? Sometimes it's so different that it becomes pointless to learn it in school. Can't properly learn a new language if you don't put that into practice.

20 minutes ago, General Baked Potatoes said:

Ive stated this as an issue before and was called Racist by you for calling out "Some" Brazillians who don't speak proper/close to no english. If it was King of the Hill/Battle Royal/Wasteland i'd understand your point of view about taking time to try and communicate, or at least ignore the player because communication is not necessary. But even though this is a Light RP server you still need to respect a bunch of rules not excluding the fact that its not fun having to deal with someone who doesn't speak a word of english when you try to RP. Your argument that they will get banned is not very good considering Admins don't Perm ban players. A lot of 14K members have been banned on several occasions for breaking rules due to their lack of English (RDM, VDM CL ect..) yet most of them are still on Asylum breaking rules. 

For those who will say easy to find servers when english is your first language. English is my 3rd Language even though most people think i'm American lol. I go on European servers to play, don't care about Ping. But i never join servers that is non-english why would Players who don't speak english play on English speaking Servers ?

PS: Still love you Blackshot/Best Obama Memester 2K17.

I believe we're chill about that situation already. But, just to clarify, someone told me something you apparently didn't say as they described me, and that created some confusion. But I never called you racist. What I said was [if you kept acting the way people told me you were acting] you could end up falling under some kind of prejudice or racist category.

I understand it might not be fun to deal with someone that can't properly communicate with you but, c'mon, it's not a daily or common situation. If it's daily, I can assure you won't be talking to that person plenty of times a day. Most people on this server still speak native English, and that's not going to change. So, even if you find someone who's still learning English, relax. The next person you talk to will probably speak English and role-play with you.

Honestly, I know people who know very little English but still role-play more or better than someone who speaks English. So that's not really a rule. :P 

97bcff0d701a5ecf40ea62e39a403309019c8d4f

Edited by BlackShot
31 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

I believe we're chill about that situation already. But, just to clarify, someone told me something you apparently didn't say as they described me, and that created some confusion. But I never called you racist. What I said was [if you kept acting the way people told me you were acting] you could end up falling under some kind of prejudice or racist category.

I understand it might not be fun to deal with someone that can't properly communicate with you but, c'mon, it's not a daily or common situation. If it's daily, I can assure you won't be talking to that person plenty of times a day. Most people on this server still speak native English, and that's not going to change. So, even if you find someone who's still learning English, relax. The next person you talk to will probably speak English and role-play with you.

Honestly, I know people who know very little English but still role-play more or better than someone who speaks English. So that's not really a rule. :P 

Yeah we chill bro, would like to know the situation since there seems to be confusion. Though, it wouldn't be considered Racism if you "Bash" Brazillians for example it would be Xenophobic but to clarify i have no issue with someone who speaks little english and is still learning, my issues are with people who speak no english. Like someone who only knows how to say "Fak you, Handsa uppa, B*tch ect ...". If someone is stil learning and can make small sentences i have no issue with them, you can try to communicate. 

Like if i joined a Russian RP server RDM'ed everyone and yelled "Cyka Blyat". Wouldn't be much use of me in that community lol

BlackShot likes this