Bring back Asylum Exchange

Bring back Asylum Exchange?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. BRING IT BACK?!

Could be wrong here, but I am pretty sure the person who created this feature is no longer with Asylum and there are a few bugs that can not be fixed by Asylum's current developers. However, the only thing I really noticed that was broken was some of the vehicles, often when you purchased them they wouldn't get transferred to your garage.

Again, I could be wrong about that^^^ 

Anyways, I still enjoyed selling/purchasing things such as crafting ingredients & weapons on the exchange.

+1 add it back pls.

6 minutes ago, Witz said:

I think a whole rewrite is needed to make it work properly again. My opinion is that it is heavy towards the server. And people will find a way to abuse it anyway.

agreed. got permed for scripting as soon as using it when it came out

Ngl, for how complex the exchange was, it worked flawlessly 98% of the times, props to KBW. 

That dude done so much amazing quality of life changes for the servers, it was unreal. But then again, the stability issues did start when he started working on Asylum, so can it be? :thinking::pogchamp:

Spoiler

Jokes aside, we need someone like him

5 minutes ago, Bashir said:

1st not gonna hppen admins already said that 100000 timed bcs peoplr would  dupe.

2nd u have autism by doing this post

x to the d

How do I exactly? By bring up something that needs to be back? I think you must be the "autistic" one.

The AE was more of a weight on the server than anything. Gnashes explained the system to me a few nights ago and basically the AE would ping the database shared by 4 servers every time someone would do anything with the exchange(Open to see what is available, put something up for sell, buy something, collect something, etc.). So with all that weight the server suffered from heavy performance issues. The issue isn't in a programming bug necessarily but more so in the hardware and how it was built to route requests. There are no simple solutions and as Gnashes has said, to get it working again the system would need to be completely rebuilt from ground up. Gnashes has said if he were to go into a project like that it would take months potentially. As much as we all love the AE it is just one of those thing that we may never get to see.

While Asylum is still a great community that holds a consistent player count, it does not have the large developer support it once had. Much of the dev team has moved on to identity. So I recommend looking forward to that and who knows, maybe we will someday see the return of the AE.

3 hours ago, Phantom Viper said:

The AE was more of a weight on the server than anything. Gnashes explained the system to me a few nights ago and basically the AE would ping the database shared by 4 servers every time someone would do anything with the exchange(Open to see what is available, put something up for sell, buy something, collect something, etc.). So with all that weight the server suffered from heavy performance issues. The issue isn't in a programming bug necessarily but more so in the hardware and how it was built to route requests. There are no simple solutions and as Gnashes has said, to get it working again the system would need to be completely rebuilt from ground up. Gnashes has said if he were to go into a project like that it would take months potentially. As much as we all love the AE it is just one of those thing that we may never get to see.

I understand that completely, but what if each server had its AE ? With its own datatabase, could that make a difference ? @Gnashes

Mr. Linux likes this