Jump to content
bamf

Change log 8.0.6

Recommended Posts

Just now, bamf said:

Nah, the script may not have run properly and since it's not middle of the day on a weekday I'm not going to take everyone offline to then mess around with it.  

I had a small window, so I figured I'd try to make it run...  ;)

Y inventory isn't despawning for 15 or 20 minutes sometimes

 

Keneith and Professor Pericles like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, bamf said:

Server 1 isn't down.  I'm watching people play on it right now.

well we just all got fucking yellow chains and kicked and I got sent to prison cuz i was in cop restraints fucking awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You just log into any of the servers once during that month and your good. Its the same as its always been just the time limit has gone from 3 months down to 1.

I thought they said they changed it so you couldn’t just log in, sync, and leave.

Share this post


Link to post

 

 

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You just log into any of the servers once during that month and your good. Its the same as its always been just the time limit has gone from 3 months down to 1.

 

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

I thought they said they changed it so you couldn’t just log in, sync, and leave.

From the housing thread,

On 12/22/2017 at 2:59 AM, Gnashes said:

At all. However, if we see anyone playing for say... an hour a month for each of the last 3-4 months, we're likely going to have a chat with them and possibly remove their houses for inactivity anyway.

Used to be 3, now is 2, will be 1 at the start of the year.

 

It doesn't give a minimum/specific "this many minutes/hours a month and you're good" which Tusken is asking.

Edited by Maaqs

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gnashes said:

Because there isn't one. More or less; if you aren't actually playing on Asylum, and are only logging into the servers for the sake of keeping your houses, we will likely remove them.

We want housing to be available to those who are playing the game on a consistent basis. We don't want housing to be held by those who're logging in briefly every month for the next 8 months because "maybe I'll play one day".

Restart Server 4 please, its having a stroke again.

Phil. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gnashes said:

Because there isn't one. More or less; if you aren't actually playing on Asylum, and are only logging into the servers for the sake of keeping your houses, we will likely remove them.

We want housing to be available to those who are playing the game on a consistent basis. We don't want housing to be held by those who're logging in briefly every month for the next 8 months because "maybe I'll play one day".

@Tusken Raider there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, bamf said:

Going to reset the PVP season, and wipe out old gang wars on each server.  Remember to declare war against people again.  This should speed up restarts substantially.  

Did you end up doing this? Last night I still had all of my war rating.

Bamf I'd also like to make mention that there could be a bunch of old gangs that don't necessarily exist anymore, but I'd you try to use a gang name that has already been used it won't let you. Could this be clogging up the database, and potentially making the servers lag? I was thinking it could especially because gangs are directly related to gang houses which could also have negative effects on the housing script due to a houses previous owners especially if it was a gang house.

Is it possible that all of this information and data built up over time and that is why we have some of these issues?

 

Edited by Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Steve said:

~~~~~~~~

Is it possible that all of this information and data built up over time and that is why we have some of these issues?

 

That doesn't seem likely. Someone mentioned the cartel scripting the other day and pondered it's efficiency. It may be the way its looping. I think he was on to something  

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Professor Pericles said:

That doesn't seem likely. Someone mentioned the cartel scripting the other day and pondered it's efficiency. It may be the way its looping. I think he was on to something  

I personally think y inventory not despawning has a a huge impact. It stays for in excess of 5 minutes sometimes 15 or 20. Look at change log 6.5.3, I'd link it but my phone is being a pain in the ass.

So it says it is supposed to stay for 5 minutes which sounds fine but it does stay for far longer then that I proved it myself.

Space and Professor Pericles like this

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Steve said:

I personally think y inventory not despawning has a a huge impact. It stays for in excess of 5 minutes sometimes 15 or 20. Look at change log 6.5.3, I'd link it but my phone is being a pain in the ass.

So it says it is supposed to stay for 5 minutes which sounds fine but it does stay for far longer then that I proved it myself.

If I don't remember correctly the Y inventory gets cleaned up on the 2nd cleanup scrip since it dropped. The clean up script gets run every 5 min so the Y inventory should clean up between 5-10 min. I remember getting killed and then Y inventory getting cleaned up the straight away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Grizz said:

@bamf @Gnashes

CSAT Hex Fatigues work perfectly fine on the APD training server but bug out completely on normal Asylum.

Possible fix please? <3 

Are you talking about the way the skin it self bugs out? Other clothing has been doing that for almost a year I think. I only see it on asylum as well.

Share this post


Link to post

The bank does need to be easier especially since what seems like every time we get to the end the ladder stops working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Clark said:

The bank does need to be easier especially since what seems like every time we get to the end the ladder stops working. 

Just bring an orca and ur good

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, 3agle said:

Just bring an orca and ur good

Doesn't help if you cant get to it. The ladder to the top doesnt work half the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Clark said:

Doesn't help if you cant get to it. The ladder to the top doesnt work half the time. 

 

13 hours ago, Clark said:

The bank does need to be easier especially since what seems like every time we get to the end the ladder stops working. 

There is a solution in mind that might be used. It depends on the bank location in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Maaqs said:

@bamf Will we be told what the server maintenance did/ what you hope it achieves?

We were changing some settings on the network cards themselves this AM.  That and doing standard server patching etc.  Figured I might as well do all of that while we had it down...  

Maaqs, DosWolf and Innate like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

5050ff226154478d6fc8ca968796c12c.png

Get rid of the red square. We cant get to certain spots where cops go in with swat ladders nor can we leave to help people.

You only need to keep 1 person in there to keep the break going.

Just now, Steve said:

The deer stand at the back entrance of the prison is bugged you can't close the hatches.

I'll look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, bamf said:

You only need to keep 1 person in there to keep the break going.

I'll look at it.

And? thats not the problem. The problem is the cops get into the prison at a certain location with a swat ladder and no one can get to that location due to the red square. You set up in thew prison at the deerstands etc but if cops use the swat ladder you can get to where they are cause of the square. Make it the whole island or so it covers the entire prison complex.

Also the talent to spawn in the kav hospital is bugged to where it spawns you there even without the talent and even when you get revived.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

And? thats not the problem. The problem is the cops get into the prison at a certain location with a swat ladder and no one can get to that location due to the red square. You set up in thew prison at the deerstands etc but if cops use the swat ladder you can get to where they are cause of the square. Make it the whole island or so it covers the entire prison complex.

That's another $700 for that "feature".

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

And? thats not the problem. The problem is the cops get into the prison at a certain location with a swat ladder and no one can get to that location due to the red square. You set up in thew prison at the deerstands etc but if cops use the swat ladder you can get to where they are cause of the square. Make it the whole island or so it covers the entire prison complex.

Also the talent to spawn in the kav hospital is bugged to where it spawns you there even without the talent and even when you get revived.

The red square exists as a protection to keep people from fighting from inside the "prison" area itself - at least that is why it was coded that way.  

Give me the exact location in question and we can tweak something to prevent the ladder issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, bamf said:

The red square exists as a protection to keep people from fighting from inside the "prison" area itself - at least that is why it was coded that way.  

Give me the exact location in question and we can tweak something to prevent the ladder issue.

32fb24981e7b340d41e1987478491282.png

Cops come in at the left squiggle line but civs/rebels cant run past the single line.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...