bamf

Change log 8.0.6

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

-_-

Original. I like it. +1

You wonder where I get my ideas from lol 

Just now, Jesse said:

Ayyyyeee you remember me still <3. Haha. I had zero knowledge of SQF and little knowledge of anything code related honestly. The only official experience I had at the time was some Java classes and some work with Adobe Experience Manager 3 months into my internship. Everything I've done Arma related has been trial & error. From doing my own server attempts and working on the Altis Life Framework Repo before & after Tonic sold out. Anyone can learn the stuff. Just most people lack the motivation to try and stick with it.

The question that pops into my mind is occasionally... "What if Paratus/Motown had actually taken the time to reply to my messages on here about being interested in helping out with Asylum...?" Guess we'll never know...

Also your journey from  Asylum to Olympus is intersting to me maybe you can fill me in on it someday.

I here the darkside has milk and cookies 

darth vader star wars gif GIF

Just now, Jesse said:

Ayyyyeee you remember me still <3. Haha. I had zero knowledge of SQF and little knowledge of anything code related honestly. The only official experience I had at the time was some Java classes and some work with Adobe Experience Manager 3 months into my internship. Everything I've done Arma related has been trial & error. From doing my own server attempts and working on the Altis Life Framework Repo before & after Tonic sold out. Anyone can learn the stuff. Just most people lack the motivation to try and stick with it.

The question that pops into my mind is occasionally... "What if Paratus/Motown had actually taken the time to reply to my messages on here about being interested in helping out with Asylum...?" Guess we'll never know...

Of course hes way better, he actually logs in every day not just like some other cucks here who shitted their community

7 hours ago, bamf said:

As much as people love dirty money, I'm honestly surprised by the backlash.  FWIW, this was how the bank was always supposed to be coded, but Paratus decided to use dirty money since it was already there.  By changing the payout from dirty money to something else, I have simplified your ability to rob the bank, and decreased the forced choke points (rebel outposts) where you could convert that to actual money.  

For those that were here a long time ago you will likely remember the old bank mechanic where you couldn't deposit the money for 10 minutes after robbing the bank which gave the cops a chance to capture you.  Back then, only statically placed ATMs could be used to deposit money, so it would limit your chance to get the money banked after the 10 minute timer.  Now every ATM you see is usable and you can deposit the money literally almost anywhere.  All you have to do is get away and then use the Banded Bank Money from your inventory and then deposit it.  

Oh, also back then if you as a player didn't have insurance and the bank was robbed it would take money from your bank account to cover the costs of the robbery.  

So while I get that you like cake, and you're very used to the type of cake you have been served for a while, perhaps in this instance you should try out the new cake recipe and see how you like it.  

Can look at again vehicle insurance like I suggested that way people will go for prestige and not bitch saying it's useless?

Just now, Tom said:

The Prison is still broken. The doors close before you can escape. It closes instantly not 60 seconds like it is supposed to.

Thank you.  You are the first person that has been able to articulate an actual issue I can look into for the prison other than "the prison doesn't work".  I'll check that out this AM. 

Fudger and Ian Walls like this

Just now, bamf said:

Thank you.  You are the first person that has been able to articulate an actual issue I can look into for the prison other than "the prison doesn't work".  I'll check that out this AM. 

What exactly does the damage handler do? Is it for tanking more or like when you crash with vehicles or stuff like that?

Just now, bamf said:

I mentioned this over a month ago and i @'d you in the process so do not say he is the first person because its simply not true. I explained in detail what the problem was and even a bug that you might be set free from jail if you run outside the walls 1 minute too restart. 

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy

Hotfix 1:

• "Donor town" has moved ~500m NE to Therisa.  All city services still exist in the new location, but now there are multiple spawn points inside the area.  
  • One of the Black Market production areas has been relocated to Orino.  This should make it easier to use the feature.  
  • Cartel fridge containers will now save the dirty money contents through a restart.  
  • Fixed a bug that should make the prison break mechanic more reliable now.
  • Box truck skins should work as intended.  
BlackShot, Sandwich, Space and 16 others like this

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

Let’s see what the excuse for gang life being dead in a week will be.

Gang life will stay dead until BE kicks/mass desync is fixed. Some of these are attempts to improve server performance though. Old donor town was about 1150 objects while the entire map had about 4800 (number is a bit off probably) objects placed with the Eden Editor prior to this hotfix.

Edited by Azeh
Squirtle likes this

Just now, bamf said:

Server 1 has a federal reserve going on currently, so we'll patch once that finishes (for S1).  S4 has the new patch already, and I manually saved the cartel fridge contents before shutting the server down.  Figured you might as well have that money for this restart.  

And the fed went to shit because of you know what. Thanks.

Steve likes this

Just now, bamf said:

We're still just creating a lot of that money, so the cap needs to stay for now.  

Holding drug is a bit useless atm if the meth lab is on top of the map. Why did you decide to move the meth lab up there? There are no houses or anything. 

massi likes this

Just now, Tom said:

Holding drug is a bit useless atm if the meth lab is on top of the map. Why did you decide to move the meth lab up there? There are no houses or anything. 

Lots of cocaine and heroin get done on the server too.  Also, people are still doing tons and tons of meth.  Are you really going to complain that holding the cartel isn't worth it now - especially given that the fridge money now persists through restarts?

Just now, bamf said:

Lots of cocaine and heroin get done on the server too.  Also, people are still doing tons and tons of meth.  Are you really going to complain that holding the cartel isn't worth it now - especially given that the fridge money now persists through restarts?

TFW 100k is up for grabs and no one cares :(

Nate!!! likes this

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

You think we've downgraded hardware? That's cute.

Go ahead and tell us how chemtrails contain brainwashing agents to influence the voters, please.

Hardware went from OVH to a different hosting company, sorry your weight cracked the old hardware.

TRYHARD likes this

Just now, Gnashes said:

We've been with the same datacenter since at least Spring of 2016. Pretty sure we flipped like a month after the servers got deleted.

After, that I think the BattleEye kicks started, right? Could be wrong though. It's just that OVH is on Olympus and Asylum used to have OVH when it was smooth.

Just now, Gnashes said:

It's not a hardware problem though. It's an Arma executable problem. Hardware is nowhere near 100% utilized.

Is it possible to use a different executable to host the server? Has this been attempted?

I'm not very sure about hosting Arma servers, but would something basic like TADST work?

Just now, Gnashes said:

I'm pretty sure Bohemia has already said the mass kicks are their problem, not ours.

Just saying.

It effects like 5 other communities, 4 of which have 1 server last I checked.

What are the odds that it effects all 4 (5 if you included tanoa life) of Asylums servers.

Why is it that when tanoa life was switched to strife, the mass kicks stopped? Does Asylums frame work or mission file stress the servers too much, but strife doesn't? I saw strife mass kick once and crash I think twice. I played a lot, most likely more then 90 percent then other people in the community. 

Google™ likes this

Just now, Steve said:

It effects like 5 other communities, 4 of which have 1 server last I checked.

What are the odds that it effects all 4 (5 if you included tanoa life) of Asylums servers.

Why is it that when tanoa life was switched to strife, the mass kicks stopped? Does Asylums frame work or mission file stress the servers too much, but strife doesn't? I saw strife mass kick once and crash I think twice. I played a lot, most likely more then 90 percent then other people in the community. 

I don't believe Tanoa ever mass kicked, it barely had enough players..

Out of the hundreds/thousands of arma servers, it effects maybe a hand full of communities, so maybe a maximum of 15 servers, 4 of which being asylum, what are the odds, bohemias problem btw they admitted it tmws65X.png

flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, Jimbo said:

I don't believe Tanoa ever mass kicked, it barely had enough players..

Out of the hundreds/thousands of arma servers, it effects maybe a hand full of communities, so maybe a maximum of 15 servers, 4 of which being asylum, what are the odds, bohemias problem btw they admitted it 120px-Twemoji_1f621.svg.png

flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg

I saw strife get to max players a dozen times tbh.