Why do Bounty Hunters exist?

Silentbird66

So back before Bounty Hunters got their big rework they really had no relevance, but ever since they got MXs and the whole honor system thing along with skip tracer, bounty hunters have become the most cancer thing on asylum. Why do bounty hunters have this whole cool honor system thing but cops and rebels don't? The only thing bounty hunters do is add frustration and kill good vibes, I don't ever mind when I get taken by the police because I know I can RP something or at least have someone to talk to. Out of all the Bounty hunters iv met iv never ever have had any type of RP with them, its just "HANDS UP OR DIE" from like 300m out then boom down and zip tied. Never says a word to me and then I am locked in jail for 45 mins, wow so fun! I swear there are more bounty hunters now than rebels and its just getting sad, they also are a huge rival for police. There has been many times iv wanted to turn myself into the police for some funny RP but along the way I get downed by some scum bag bounty hunter and insta locked away. I understand that Bounty Hunters will always be a thing, but was the whole buff thing really needed for them? 

BioHazard, Lotus370, Noble and 2 others like this

Most rebels use BH now, weapons and gear are cheaper, and can be more effective, and easier to obtain, and safer than going to rebel.

Most people just use BH for the weapons and gear, not for the actual job of BH.

And got to say 90% of BH think "Hands up" is initiation. :frog: and they are Ruthless, oh you got a 3k ticket from idiots running into your car, your going to prison, :shrug:Shit I'll give you money if your that poor, damn Hobo BH's.

Silentbird66 likes this
19 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

Most rebels use BH now, weapons and gear are cheaper, and can be more effective

What are you talking about... Have you ever left Kavala? Because those arent rebels..... 

19 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

False. They're probably just using the Predator tree. I cant remember the last time I was downed by a BH and not arrested. (unless it was Aleec trying to cook me or something) 

20 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

And got to say 90% of BH think "Hands up" is initiation. 

I mean... It is, espeically if you acknowledge. Sure, you could be the cunt that argues "BUT YOU DIDNT SAY "OR DIE"." Its implied. If you acknowledge it, its your problem. 

21 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

they are Ruthless, oh you got a 3k ticket from idiots running into your car, your going to prison, 

Pay it at court house, its not hard. 

BioHazard likes this
4 minutes ago, Axe said:

I mean... It is, espeically if you acknowledge. Sure, you could be the cunt that argues "BUT YOU DIDNT SAY "OR DIE"." Its implied. If you acknowledge it, its your problem. 

You think "Hands up" is initiation, it's not.

I think you should go read the server rules.

Edited by James.Anderson
minibagge likes this
13 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

You think "Hands up" is initiation, it's not.

I think you should go read the server rules.

HA. Telling me to go read the rules. You hit your head or something? 

Like I said. You could be a baby and argue "BUT YOU DIDNT SAY OR DIE" But if you start running around and drawing a gun before he even finishes the sentence, its on you. If you die before getting a shot off, don't even bother complaining, because you acknowledged it. 

Edited by Axe
2 minutes ago, Axe said:

HA. Telling me to go read the rules. You hit your head or something? 

RDM is killing/downing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react.

Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react. Text messages through phone to the player is a allowed method of starting RP.

In order to properly initiate hostile RP you must supply people with a hostile order and then an alternative.

Good

Hands up or die
Holster or die
Get out of the vehicle or die
Stop the vehicle or die
If they refuse the order within a reasonable amount of time (3-5 seconds) or show hostility back then you are free to move onto the alternative.

Bad

Hands up
Holster your weapon
Get out
Stop
If they refuse any of these orders and you shoot them that is considered RDM

Yeh, i think you need to go and learn how to correctly Initiate.

Makes me wonder if you are one of those cops that just shouts APD at a civ then shoots them.

Edited by James.Anderson
BioHazard, thero and ILegend like this
Just now, James.Anderson said:

Look. I don't know how long you've been here, but its a situation of context. It is not cut and dry by some random rules. Every situation is different and has different context. 

Also. READ

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

Like I said. You could be a baby and argue "BUT YOU DIDNT SAY OR DIE" But if you start running around and drawing a gun before he even finishes the sentence, its on you. If you die before getting a shot off, don't even bother complaining, because you acknowledged it. 

Just now, James.Anderson said:

Makes me wonder if you are one of those cops that just shouts APD at a civ then shoots them.

I'm not even white listed anymore because I couldn't bare to follow all the retarded rules within a game full of rules. I also couldnt stand taking "orders" for egoistical higher ups who think they''re something special behind a fake virtual rank. Call me when they start promoting based on skill and not who can give the best head through their monitor. 

And before you start making assumptions. I was removed for inactivity, so don't get your e-peen all hard thinking I'm salty because I got kicked or something :frog: 

systemchips likes this

This is the thing, roleplaying as a bounty hunter get you killed most of the time, the zipties only last for 10 minutes and when they break the bounty logs off
I always try being nice with everyone, roleplaying with them, but i get killed about 80% of the time doing this, people will call their friends to shoot you in the back, will shoot you as you unrestrain them, it's always better to just arrest the bounty ASAP and kill their friends, if you take too much time doing any of this, you die.
Try becoming a bounty hunter to see how it really is, how most rebels will just try to kill you in the slighest opportunity they get, im sure they will try to bribe you or talk their way out, but as they get unrestrained they will try to kill you, and if they do, they will shit-talk in side chat.

2 hours ago, Silentbird66 said:

So back before Bounty Hunters got their big rework they really had no relevance, but ever since they got MXs and the whole honor system thing along with skip tracer, bounty hunters have become the most cancer thing on asylum. Why do bounty hunters have this whole cool honor system thing but cops and rebels don't? The only thing bounty hunters do is add frustration and kill good vibes, I don't ever mind when I get taken by the police because I know I can RP something or at least have someone to talk to. Out of all the Bounty hunters iv met iv never ever have had any type of RP with them, its just "HANDS UP OR DIE" from like 300m out then boom down and zip tied. Never says a word to me and then I am locked in jail for 45 mins, wow so fun! I swear there are more bounty hunters now than rebels and its just getting sad, they also are a huge rival for police. There has been many times iv wanted to turn myself into the police for some funny RP but along the way I get downed by some scum bag bounty hunter and insta locked away. I understand that Bounty Hunters will always be a thing, but was the whole buff thing really needed for them? 

Why would I as a BH, RP with you? Most of the response conversation I receive from the blindfolded person in my car is kys, FU, lots of screaming/high music being played etc etc. Trying to talk with the captured player is setting yourself up for failure. Also, there are no reason to RP with you, as there are no possible endgame except you being arrested

If you want to turn yourself in to the police, be smart about it. Dont spawn in kavala and run naked down to HQ, meet the cops at highway patrol or athira HQ. I  look at any bounty thats not been sent to jail yet as fair game, so my suggestion of those 2 HQs, is because they are the hardest to assault for bounty hunters.

2 hours ago, James.Anderson said:

Most rebels use BH now, weapons and gear are cheaper, and can be more effective, and easier to obtain, and safer than going to rebel.

And got to say 90% of BH think "Hands up" is initiation. :frog: and they are Ruthless, oh you got a 3k ticket from idiots running into your car, your going to prison, :shrug:Shit I'll give you money if your that poor, damn Hobo BH's.

I spend almost 30k on my BH loadout, its not as cheap as you would think, its more than my Katiba loadout, and it can be more than mks if you get gov and craft weapons, 

If you dont want to go to jail for a 3k bounty, then pay it. I hate having these 3k bounties taking my bounty slots, so if I see one of them, he is going to jail so I can grab a new bounty.

35 minutes ago, Jarvo said:

Here's a tip which I recommend doing when bounty hunters catch you (especially jailed):

Do shift - (on numpad) and type 'crash' 

It crashes your game so no jail!

And how did that work out for you when you did it to us? Action taken

g1ant likes this

BH is one of the core factors of the Asylum, and about all Altis Life communities for ArmA III. The way bounty hunters act is none of your bussiness, unless they break server rules.

As for content for bounty hunters and other groups, that is always up for discussion. The final call is up to Bamf/Paratus, as to adding/removing content. 

They made bounty hunters the way they are because of people with no skill like me going around killing everyone they see with only police to worry about.. somewhat.

Now i'm not saying I can't go around being a piece of shit anymore. I am and I do. Because now i'm a bounty hunter and what's better than killing someone? Keeping them restrained for 9 minutes then turning them in for their 2.5k bounty.

3 hours ago, Budbringer said:

I spend almost 30k on my BH loadout, its not as cheap as you would think, its more than my Katiba loadout, and it can be more than mks if you get gov and craft weapons, 

If you dont want to go to jail for a 3k bounty, then pay it. I hate having these 3k bounties taking my bounty slots, so if I see one of them, he is going to jail so I can grab a new bounty

MX $7,000

About $2-3k for ammo, zips , redgull etc

$300-1000 for uniform, mask etc unless your going CSAT then $6000

Vest $2000-5000

With CSAT plus CL your looking at like $21,000 for everything, or around $13,000 with normal vest and uniform, or $16,000 with a normal uniform + CL.

I have a stock of CL and Uniforms, CSAT tho so costs me nothing for that , but where do you get $30,000 for a BH Loadout ? What are you buying ?

Edited by James.Anderson
4 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

MX $7,000

Vest $2000-5000

With CSAT plus CL your looking at like $21,000 for everything, or around $13,000 with normal vest and uniform.

I have a stock of CL and Uniforms, CSAT tho so costs me nothing for that , but where do you get $30,000 for a BH Loadout ? What are you buying ?

$21,000 in clothes+guns/ammo + 9k in zipties because they pretty much restrain the entire server when their on

6 hours ago, Bikstok said:

Cops have a similar system for corporals and higher.

A rebel system should be in the works. At least @bamf has expressed that they would like to do something like that for rebels eventually.

Gnashes has said that the gang perks are the rebel system.  Whether or not that changes we shall see, but all the "perks" a rebel needs are available via the talent tree honestly.

5 hours ago, James.Anderson said:

RDM is killing/downing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react.

Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react. Text messages through phone to the player is a allowed method of starting RP.

In order to properly initiate hostile RP you must supply people with a hostile order and then an alternative.

Good

Hands up or die
Holster or die
Get out of the vehicle or die
Stop the vehicle or die
If they refuse the order within a reasonable amount of time (3-5 seconds) or show hostility back then you are free to move onto the alternative.

Bad

Hands up
Holster your weapon
Get out
Stop
If they refuse any of these orders and you shoot them that is considered RDM

Going to tell you like I told Jaeger:

Telling you to put your hands up while I have a gun pointed at your fucking face is pretty goddamn hostile. Any Admin who bans for RDM from this is a fucking moron. Maybe now I know where that asinine notion came from in the first place.

5 hours ago, Axe said:

Look. I don't know how long you've been here, but its a situation of context. It is not cut and dry by some random rules. Every situation is different and has different context. 

Also. READ

I'm not even white listed anymore because I couldn't bare to follow all the retarded rules within a game full of rules. I also couldnt stand taking "orders" for egoistical higher ups who think they''re something special behind a fake virtual rank. Call me when they start promoting based on skill and not who can give the best head through their monitor. 

And before you start making assumptions. I was removed for inactivity, so don't get your e-peen all hard thinking I'm salty because I got kicked or something :frog: 

Argues the rules then says he was unwhitelisted because he wouldn't follow rules. :shrug: seems legit

James Anderson likes this
9 hours ago, Bikstok said:

Cops have a similar system for corporals and higher.

A rebel system should be in the works. At least @bamf has expressed that they would like to do something like that for rebels eventually.

Cops have had the "Precincts" system since the end of 2015 (I believe that's when it came out).  

I do want to do something for rebels as well.  I have things planned in my head, but I'm still working out how to balance this with other things.  

9 hours ago, Silentbird66 said:

I sure hope so, would make rebel life a lot more fun.

Rebels have the most content in the game, but a lot of that content is what you make of it.  Do you rob people and run them off "your" server.  Do you force them out of legal items into illegal ones for your own profit?  Do you do end game content like the bank, fed, or prison breaks?  Then of course there are cartels for rebels only as well.  

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wasn't that just the gang talent tree?

Nope, the gang tree was a little bonus that Paratus added.  There is something more like the APD and BH systems in my head for Rebels.  

9 hours ago, Silentbird66 said:

Bounty hunters exist to give a credible threat to criminals in the game.  The APD fills the role of checking illegal areas, protecting towns, and chasing people that they see.  Bounty hunters, on the other hand, have the ability to track multiple targets anywhere on the map bringing "risk" to anyone, anywhere, at any time if they are wanted.  

The RP you may (or may not) get from the bounty hunters is as dependent on you as it on them.  Again, the game is what you make of it.  

4 hours ago, James.Anderson said:

MX $7,000

Vest $2000-5000

With CSAT plus CL your looking at like $21,000 for everything, or around $13,000 with normal vest and uniform, or $16,000 with a normal uniform + CL.

This is from gearing up last weekend.

4a3aff0e3cab76e13d9c3cc7446e2d13.png

g1ant and Sp0on like this
9 hours ago, James.Anderson said:

Most is waaaaay false.  And it's not like anyone puts a lot of thought into initiation "APD Hands up"  or "Hands up or die"  is what you're going to hear the VAST majority of the time.

BH play a pretty vital role.  I can tell you as a rebel that I am much more scared of bounty hunters than cops.  It's fairly easy to avoid cops but bounty hunters are actively tracking you and balances out rebel a lot more than when everyone was practically a rebel before 7.0

bamf likes this