Changelog April

@Fitzcan we have confirmation about the tokens? is it just free for all on who can grab tokens first? that just makes it to where people are just going to ignore the event to be at the vault as soon as it opens. Theres no gang on the server that has close to enough members to do the event without making a server wide group. Especially when it now requires 14 cops for the vault and a majority of the time there are 18-20 on a heavily cop sided event unless a server wide group is made.

7 minutes ago, Donk said:

@Fitzcan we have confirmation about the tokens? is it just free for all on who can grab tokens first? that just makes it to where people are just going to ignore the event to be at the vault as soon as it opens. Theres no gang on the server that has close to enough members to do the event without making a server wide group. Especially when it now requires 14 cops for the vault and a majority of the time there are 18-20 on a heavily cop sided event unless a server wide group is made.

I'm not sure entirely where the disconnect is, tokens spawn on the floor, you have to pick them up.  The previous design was ridiculous, and it gatekept a lot of what we want to do going forward.  I have no doubt that we will have to increase the number of tokens spawned, but yes you have to split the rewards with other players.  It is the same as any other fed event, you need to share the rewards.  Yes you will need to team up with other players to successfully complete the event.  

While it was definitely cool to see everyone joining big groups to zerg the event, it was never intended to be able to have 40 people getting a tier at once.  As with everything we will continue to work to balance this and Nikolai's.  But it isn't as easy as just flipping a switch, no one way is going to please everybody.  I understand what you guys are thinking, but you get ~$4Mill, plus a bunch of tokens.  

TLDR: Yes, it was too easy to do successfully before, and we are doing this to allow us latitude to build off this framework in the future.

Fried Rice and Sandwich like this
20 hours ago, Fitz said:

I'm not sure entirely where the disconnect is, tokens spawn on the floor, you have to pick them up.  The previous design was ridiculous, and it gatekept a lot of what we want to do going forward.  I have no doubt that we will have to increase the number of tokens spawned, but yes you have to split the rewards with other players.  It is the same as any other fed event, you need to share the rewards.  Yes you will need to team up with other players to successfully complete the event.  

While it was definitely cool to see everyone joining big groups to zerg the event, it was never intended to be able to have 40 people getting a tier at once.  As with everything we will continue to work to balance this and Nikolai's.  But it isn't as easy as just flipping a switch, no one way is going to please everybody.  I understand what you guys are thinking, but you get ~$4Mill, plus a bunch of tokens.  

TLDR: Yes, it was too easy to do successfully before, and we are doing this to allow us latitude to build off this framework in the future.

Surely you are going to be nerfing cop coins in the same manner right? Because all of them pretty much are maxed out prestige already unless they are new or broke after like the first week or 2. They also get a pretty much guaranteed vault at the end of oil. And on top of it you buffed their vault window to buy a token from 5 minutes to 10 minutes if im not mistaken, yet did not do so for civ where if you die or get detained its considerably harder to get back in time.

Can you start to kind of see here where this perceived bias comes into play and why people are concerned and lose trust that you are "listening to the community" and also being "impartial" for the sake of balance? I often wonder if these decisions are just YOLO'd on the spot and then patched the next day because many of these decisions I feel like if there was a group of people sitting around would be like "uhhh that might not be the best idea let's discuss it some more".

I know this idea will almost certainly be dismissed but moving on in the future my suggestion to the staff team given that you say you want feedback and are listening is to put out a list of proposed patch changes prior to actually doing it to give the community a chance to give feedback and suggestions so things can be tweaked, added/removed, or reconsidered prior to pushing a patch given that there is no "test server". It doesn't mean you have to listen to any/all ideas but at the very least if nothing of value is suggested you can guage where the community is at in terms of somethin versus the current standard of we think this is a good idea so we are doing it and if people bitch we will adjust it later.

At the end of the day the players and the community are what fund and populate this server. That doesn't mean you are required to do everything they say and be held hostage or be their bitch but it does mean you should listen to what they have to say and strongly consider what sounds like a good idea to the bulk of the community versus just a handful of people. You say you are doing that and to a degree I will give credit where credit is due and say you are but it feels like "barely" if I am being honest.

KrazyKnight likes this
1 hour ago, Knight05 said:

Surely you are going to be nerfing cop coins in the same manner right? Because all of them pretty much are maxed out prestige already unless they are new or broke after like the first week or 2. They also get a pretty much guaranteed vault at the end of oil. And on top of it you buffed their vault window to buy a token from 5 minutes to 10 minutes if im not mistaken, yet did not do so for civ where if you die or get detained its considerably harder to get back in time.

I think he increased the time to hack the vault and gates, not how long the vault is open.

1 hour ago, Knight05 said:

Can you start to kind of see here where this perceived bias comes into play and why people are concerned and lose trust that you are "listening to the community" and also being "impartial" for the sake of balance? I often wonder if these decisions are just YOLO'd on the spot and then patched the next day because many of these decisions I feel like if there was a group of people sitting around would be like "uhhh that might not be the best idea let's discuss it some more".

I know this idea will almost certainly be dismissed but moving on in the future my suggestion to the staff team given that you say you want feedback and are listening is to put out a list of proposed patch changes prior to actually doing it to give the community a chance to give feedback and suggestions so things can be tweaked, added/removed, or reconsidered prior to pushing a patch given that there is no "test server". It doesn't mean you have to listen to any/all ideas but at the very least if nothing of value is suggested you can guage where the community is at in terms of somethin versus the current standard of we think this is a good idea so we are doing it and if people bitch we will adjust it later.

At the end of the day the players and the community are what fund and populate this server. That doesn't mean you are required to do everything they say and be held hostage or be their bitch but it does mean you should listen to what they have to say and strongly consider what sounds like a good idea to the bulk of the community versus just a handful of people. You say you are doing that and to a degree I will give credit where credit is due and say you are but it feels like "barely" if I am being honest.

I'm going to start at what seems to be a perception or belief of the community about the Asylum development process.  You guys seem to think that I sit down at my computer and just add whatever I want to add and giggle when it fucks someone over.  I have been in this community since 2014 most of which obviously not as a dev, so I see where you're coming from but also it doesn't make any sense.  This last patch was entirely based around things that people wanted added to the server, QOL stuff, more combat stuff, etc etc etc.  There is no unilateral decision making when it comes to development on the server, everything is discussed with the SA's CMs, other devs, Rogue, COP, captains, Chiefs where applicable, and admins as a whole.  I am frankly quite irritated by the insinuations otherwise that we are just fucking around with code and then say, "Oh this looks good".  

Development has to be a private affair, where possible we will let you know when something is about to come out, however I know for a fact that other servers staff watches our patch notes, and are inside our community trying to steal content, ideas, and players.  I am not going to make that easier for them in any way, shape, or form.  

In regards to this actual list of complaints, I don't know if you just didn't actually read my post before becoming upset and deciding to write a response, or what.  But the exact same changes went into effect for the cop and civ trees, not to mention the fact that I extended how long the cop event takes to give the rebels time to counter and pay the rebels 500k for disabling it in the first place.  These events were never intended to be as easy to successfully complete than they were, so we changed that.  There is more stuff that we have plans for with these events and systems, so we wanted to change them now to see how it would work.  This decision had nothing to do with fucking you over, this was about improving a system that I made 4 months ago when I had no fucking clue what I was doing, to make it better and more able to build off of in the future.  

In terms of balance, everyone things they have the perfect solution, you post your complaints from your perspective, someone else posts it from there's, these interests are hardly ever going to line up, and at the end of the day we need to make a call.  Just because we're trying something that isn't 95% in your favor right now doesn't mean that A) it won't be changed in the future, or B) that it is the wrong decision for the community as a whole.

Lastly, considering the previous state of development on here, and the development on other servers, we are more open and forthcoming than ever before.  If this was in other communities, you would have been banned from posting on patch notes with your posts deleted.  You have people volunteering their time, energy, and skills to make this place run, the overwhelming majority of whom are unpaid.  I really don't think it is too much to ask for to give us the benefit of the doubt that we aren't doing it maliciously, and that we are actively trying to better and save a community that we all love.  

If you have something that you think should be changed for the better, make a suggestion, I can't divine what people are upset about, but also give it a chance.  Don't read something, and without logging onto the server or giving it time to play out decide that it is fucked.  We are spending quite a lot of time making all of this stuff, writing the notes and responses, and patching the server.  Spend some time yourself seeing how it is before immediately telling us to fuck off.

9 hours ago, Knight05 said:

Not saying Nikolai’s doesn’t need some changes to make it harder for cops to get their coins but cops prestige tokens are comparatively weaker than civs. The strongest thing cops got was an RPK which is LT+ and the majority of cops only get to use the CMR. Throw a couple suppressors in there too. Absolutely nothing game breaking while civs tokens allow them to acquire weapons that can one shot an ifirt/pen towers or acquire a suicide vest that sets off a nuclear bomb. If you can’t see why the changes to national were made and the direction the server would go if every civ had these tokens you’re actually brain dead. 

Fried Rice likes this
  • Witz changed the title to Changelog April
3 hours ago, Wutang said:

Not saying Nikolai’s doesn’t need some changes to make it harder for cops to get their coins but cops prestige tokens are comparatively weaker than civs. The strongest thing cops got was an RPK which is LT+ and the majority of cops only get to use the CMR. Throw a couple suppressors in there too. Absolutely nothing game breaking while civs tokens allow them to acquire weapons that can one shot an ifirt/pen towers or acquire a suicide vest that sets off a nuclear bomb. If you can’t see why the changes to national were made and the direction the server would go if every civ had these tokens you’re actually brain dead. 

This is alot more accurate from a cops perspective. APD tiers definitely are alot less howver they are also 2m cheaper. I think more stuff should be added which Fitz has already said he's working on. Constables got basically nothing out of the tokens. 

But on the Civ side, yes the weapons that can be obtained are awesome. However it takes 6m Just to obtain the MAR-10 ($232,000) and each mag is 10,000. So unless you're in the top 10 most wealthy, highly doubt your regular fighters will be rolling with these guns. So there is balance & the suppressors which people had said they'd have issues with, appear to be a great addition and are doing just fine.

1 hour ago, Boomerman said:

the prestige change is kinda wild seeing that a bunch of people already grinded out the event from big groups and got prestige 2-3. basically will make this impossible to get for any regular player.

But its supposed to be end game content....

apart from every man and his dog is tier 2-3 already

4 hours ago, Crossfade said:

Thats because the event was so one sided for cops the only way to even do the event is to grab every man, woman, and child to group up and be a body bag. Which in turn promoted a lot of server wide participation and mingling of the community.

12 hours ago, Wutang said:

Nikolai's is extremely easier to receive your token on cop than it is for a civ to get theirs from NHQ. You pretty much are guaranteed the token for 1mil and all thats required to start the event for you is a drill. We have to gather all computer parts, spend 13mil to max out our prestige, and complete a much harder event that also takes 3x as long to complete. So unless you already have the funds to buy all prestige tiers, and enough liquid cash to buy the cheapest of the guns(zaf, mar10); most people wont even be able to get all the tiers let alone use the unlockables.

Now it requires even more cops, takes longer, and drops 8 tokens in total. In what way is that fair?

Crossfade likes this

honestly, with it being max 8 tokens, longer and more cops required everyone should be refunded their money for tokens and reset everyone's prestige to X. call it testing and now we have a system people can do it properly and the way it was supposed to be not have 1/2 of the community who play daily have all the tokens and have the other half never have the chance to obtain 🙂

30 minutes ago, Donk said:

Thats because the event was so one sided for cops the only way to even do the event is to grab every man, woman, and child to group up and be a body bag. Which in turn promoted a lot of server wide participation and mingling of the community.

Nikolai's is extremely easier to receive your token on cop than it is for a civ to get theirs from NHQ. You pretty much are guaranteed the token for 1mil and all thats required to start the event for you is a drill. We have to gather all computer parts, spend 13mil to max out our prestige, and complete a much harder event that also takes 3x as long to complete. So unless you already have the funds to buy all prestige tiers, and enough liquid cash to buy the cheapest of the guns(zaf, mar10); most people wont even be able to get all the tiers let alone use the unlockables.

Now it requires even more cops, takes longer, and drops 8 tokens in total. In what way is that fair?

yep it is much easier for cops to get the token compared to civs in no way was I defending that. as it stands cops can either choose between getting their token or chasing after the boat worth 3 mil in illegal goods. unfortunately, as it stands many cops would rather get their free guranteed token which I am not a fan of. Theres definitely a needed meeting between the captains and devs to determine the proper course of action when the civs drive away with the boat and the cops are there basically asking themselselves "should I go after the boat or get my token?" both the national and nikolai's need some rework, the main point I was trying to make in my original comment is that these events are both new and not to jump at the devs/admins neck when they're making changes to something brand new and insinuate their changes are malicious when they're working harder than ever to balance the server and add cool shit. 

On 4/16/2024 at 8:49 PM, Crossfade said:

honestly, with it being max 8 tokens, longer and more cops required everyone should be refunded their money for tokens and reset everyone's prestige to X. call it testing and now we have a system people can do it properly and the way it was supposed to be not have 1/2 of the community who play daily have all the tokens and have the other half never have the chance to obtain 🙂

Are you fuckin high? L idea

On 4/16/2024 at 1:23 PM, Boomerman said:

the prestige change is kinda wild seeing that a bunch of people already grinded out the event from big groups and got prestige 2-3. basically will make this impossible to get for any regular player.

On 4/16/2024 at 3:10 PM, Crossfade said:

Sounds like yall just didnt get to part take in the community NHQs so now youre trying to ruin for those that were actually apart of it and were able to obtain a token. 2 out of the 4 events the door closed before everyone who helped were able to secure a coin. On top of those who did the event and had the money to buy one.  Resetting the pretige tiers would be counter-productive in this instance. Instead either have the NPC have a set amount of coins or just scratch the idea of limited coins entirely. 

Edited by Ebola
Crossfade is a loser