Change log 7.5.5

bamf

7 hours ago, HotWings said:

Because that persons opinion was supported by multiple other people and is actually 100% spot on. The AK12 was extremely under priced for what you are getting from the gun.  

k

I guess that is where we will agree to disagree I see this like more of "other peoples opinions" and substantial feedback to change major things in terms of game play/balance.

Instead of this

In my opinion they kind of contradict each other.

But Bamf is a Dev and I can do nothing but respect his decisions.

Edited by Frizzy
.Sean likes this
14 hours ago, bamf said:

That would be really odd.  What server?  The servers did a hard restart maybe 45 minutes ago (they were supposed to).  I didn't make any changes to the fed other than switching which deer stands are destroyed, and I've done the fed in the last week or so.  

It was on S4 there seems to be tons of lag on that specific one, hopefully it was maybe just a first time thing and it won't happen again thanks for replying! :)

2 hours ago, Haych said:

Just done a Fed 20* minutes to restart, got a whole 7 Bars from all the Domes @bamf

We done it with 7 people, that's around 30k per person, that's how much a loadout costs, now if we had done it with 12 people, we would of got 17.5k each.

Got 98k due to the hemmt deciding to do a backflip and blowing up in rebel :FeelsBadMan:

On the fed topic.

We did a bank and it ended 40 minutes before restart, we made $230,000 in total (100k dirty money & 4 Gold Bars), we started a fed at the 20 minute until restart popup, we finished it at the 5 minute marker, we got 7 gold bars, $227,500 - where are the other 8 bars? @bamf

Edited by Jimbo!
On 9/3/2016 at 8:34 PM, Dust Runner said:

Not having pay-to-win coveralls is a big one. So loot box market place and you have at least me back. CSAT clothes are actually just a sizeable advantage and they look cool at the same time.

Doesn't help you can't even have white CSATs on cop without paying IRL which sucks pretty bad.

And when I say paying I mean I already threw about 75 dollars to try and get them and failed. So I have to hope I can get them. That's dumb.

I've spent $150

6 hours ago, Churu said:

fucking poor bastards :kappa:

good, maybe a minor fed update and everything with the federal reserve will be perfect, as for now, 8-10 bars and still not worth it as 12 people doing it and most likely 15-20 cops will be on to stop a full federal reserve. @bamf i think a lot of the community (mostly rebels, fuck career cops :kappa:) can agree the fed payout is simply not worth it unless the risks are extremely low, now sure some deerstands make it a lot easier but i still think not many will do it unless you get maybe up to 10-15 bars around 45-30 min before restart.

I play solely on cop and I think you should have a better payout personally. Fuck me? Sheesh!!!

Just looked at the discounts at Rebel, and tested them in the dev server.  They are working, and I think I can explain it.  Pricing works as follows:

1. Base price of item
  2. If on demand, add 25%
  3. Apply governor taxation
  4. Apply Arms discount
  5. Apply Turf discount - arriving at final price

So for the MK1:

1. 10k
  2. 12.5k
  3. 15k
  4. 12.75k
  5. 9562.5

On the dev server I have Arms + 2 turfs and the price of the MK1 is $9562.  

Is there a scenario here I'm missing?  It's late so maybe I'm not thinking this all the way through.

Edit:  Dropped Arms, and I lost that discount.  I really think this is working guys.

Edit 2:  Remember that for the turf discount, you need 2 turfs.

Furnie Mack and HotWings like this
3 hours ago, Jimbo! said:

One thing I've realized with the oil cartel @bamf, it puts way too much in there and I'm not entirely sure if it has a maximum amount, maybe cap it at 30 and add a notification just like the rest of the cartels to alert everyone that its full

13 minutes ago, ₴avagє said:

No? Others cap at 100k. You can buy rubber for 600 each so cap it at 150 or 166(100k)

10 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Doesn't put anywhere close to 150 into the fridge per restart, that'd be stupid, 30 rubber is 6 ifrits, more than enough to cap it at.

The fridge caps at 100 currently. The price of rubber went up last hotfix, and the amount it can hold went down. Not everyone is crafting ifrits with the rubber, but I did want to stimulate crafting. 

I am working on a balance pass for crafting, the market, and material costs - so some things will be subject to change soon. 

JIMBO likes this
14 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Doesn't put anywhere close to 150 into the fridge per restart, that'd be stupid, 30 rubber is 6 ifrits, more than enough to cap it at.

Doesn't matter what it can be used to create. It should have same value as all other caps before crafting. Crafting obviously adds the the value as it is intended to do, but we cant base an item value strictly off what it can craft into. 

Thanks for the insight @bamf

Frizzy likes this
10 hours ago, bamf said:

Just looked at the discounts at Rebel, and tested them in the dev server.  They are working, and I think I can explain it.  Pricing works as follows:

1. Base price of item
  2. If on demand, add 25%
  3. Apply governor taxation
  4. Apply Arms discount
  5. Apply Turf discount - arriving at final price

So for the MK1:

1. 10k
  2. 12.5k
  3. 15k
  4. 12.75k
  5. 9562.5

On the dev server I have Arms + 2 turfs and the price of the MK1 is $9562.  

Is there a scenario here I'm missing?  It's late so maybe I'm not thinking this all the way through.

Edit:  Dropped Arms, and I lost that discount.  I really think this is working guys.

Edit 2:  Remember that for the turf discount, you need 2 turfs.

I believe the 2nd Turf discount is missing. You used to get discounts for owning 1 Turf, and then a bigger discount for owning the 2nd.

Before it 'broke' owning Arms and 2 Turfs would effectively make a MK1 around 4k. Now I believe if you own Arms and 1 Turfs, you get the exact same discount as owning Arms and 2 Turfs.

5 minutes ago, Haych said:

I believe the 2nd Turf discount is missing. You used to get discounts for owning 1 Turf, and then a bigger discount for owning the 2nd.

Before it 'broke' owning Arms and 2 Turfs would effectively make a MK1 around 4k. Now I believe if you own Arms and 1 Turfs, you get the exact same discount as owning Arms and 2 Turfs.

I'd have to go find the old patch notes, but it was actually broken back then and being applied twice - thus a really low gun price.  Also, I'm not sure there has ever been a discount for a single turf as all the code is clearly turf > 1 (so 2+).  

I think all the thoughts that the discounting is broken now is really a result of it having been broken, and subsequently having been fixed.  Also, you have to remember taxes can add up to 20% back into what you are paying (and demand pricing doesn't help).  

Furnie Mack likes this
Just now, bamf said:

I'd have to go find the old patch notes, but it was actually broken back then and being applied twice - thus a really low gun price.  Also, I'm not sure there has ever been a discount for a second turf as all the code is clearly turf > 1 (so 2+).  

I think all the thoughts that the discounting is broken now is really a result of it having been broken (it was being applied twice for all discounts), and subsequently having been fixed.  Also, you have to remember taxes can add up to 20% back into what you are paying (and demand pricing doesn't help).  

You are also forgetting how expensive load-outs are now, and owning 2 Turfs was the only thing that made the prices acceptable. I'm paying just under 25k for a average load-out (No CSAT's, No Grenades) after spending a whole server restart capping Arms and 2 Turfs.

I think, and the whole rebel community will agree with this, that the Arms and 2 Turf discount should be exactly how it used to be. We've all been under the assumption that the 2 Turf discount is currently broken and been waiting for a fix for it.

Monster, Shepurd, Sjuol and 2 others like this

Also can you think about removing the Governor Tax effects to the Rebel Stores? 
1. It makes no sense for Rebels to pay tax to the government when buying illegal weapons and vehicles in which they use to 'fight the state'.

Governor Tax literally makes the effects of Arms Dealer and Turfs useless most of the times.

8 minutes ago, Haych said:

1. It makes no sense for Rebels to pay tax to the government when buying illegal weapons and vehicles in which they use to 'fight the state'.

Governor Tax literally makes the effects of Arms Dealer and Turfs useless most of the times.

+1

39 minutes ago, Haych said:

You are also forgetting how expensive load-outs are now, and owning 2 Turfs was the only thing that made the prices acceptable. I'm paying just under 25k for a average load-out (No CSAT's, No Grenades) after spending a whole server restart capping Arms and 2 Turfs.

I think, and the whole rebel community will agree with this, that the Arms and 2 Turf discount should be exactly how it used to be. We've all been under the assumption that the 2 Turf discount is currently broken and been waiting for a fix for it.

Well it can't be double.  Part of the issue here is that the weapons you want to use are not craftable (they will be this AM) and are not on the market (again, this AM).  You're not getting the benefit of high volumes on the market which will drive down pricing.  We can't double the discounts for now until we see how availability works with crafting.  Going out and crafting 1 gun puts several on the market, so now there will be incentive for that part of the game to be played as well...

16 minutes ago, Haych said:

Well you could view the governor tax as a bribe paid by the rebels to be able to stay in business as well...  I'll talk to Paratus about it though and see what we want to do.  

Furnie Mack and Kettles like this
3 minutes ago, bamf said:

Well you could view the governor tax as a bribe paid by the rebels to be able to stay in business as well...  I'll talk to Paratus about it though and see what we want to do.  

Well in if thats gonna be the case

" Cops are funded by the government why do the individuals have to purchase their own weapon it should be given by the government? " 

free guns plz?

Churu, BioHazard and Haych like this
2 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

" Cops are funded by the government why do the individuals have to purchase their own weapon it should be given by the government? " 

free guns plz?

You get free guns already right?  If you want a "better" gun, then you have to come out of pocket for that...

Also, those "better" guns are subsidized by the government.  Hell, maybe the governor is even using that rebel money to chip in for them.  The possibilities here are limitless.

2 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

free guns plz?

To bad in real life u have to buy your own gun if your in the cpd

Chicago Police Department 

Edited by Feenix
3 minutes ago, bamf said:

I do understand you and Paratus wants to keep the tax effect on rebel but it makes no sense at all. the guns are sold illegally and brought into altis illegally so why should rebels pay the governor money to keep the gun flow? irl if a government shuts down illegal activity the criminals simply find a new way to get what they want.

Hennessy likes this
6 minutes ago, bamf said:

Well it can't be double.  Part of the issue here is that the weapons you want to use are not craftable (they will be this AM) and are not on the market (again, this AM).  You're not getting the benefit of high volumes on the market which will drive down pricing.  We can't double the discounts for now until we see how availability works with crafting.  Going out and crafting 1 gun puts several on the market, so now there will be incentive for that part of the game to be played as well...

I have not even bothered buying any Apex weapons since these changes, i'm strictly talking about the MK1 at this current time. I like the fact that gangs have to craft weapons on their home servers again, but spending so much time (whole restart) capturing Arms and 2 Turfs only for the discounts to be reverted because of the governor is kind of annoying imo.

Gangs used to cap the 2 Turfs just so they can fill their house with cheap weapons and grenades, now this turf 'fix' has effectively destroyed this still making us spend around 25k for a load-out. If it wasn't for Drug Runners being good money, more rebels would of complained about this turf 'fix'

1 minute ago, Haych said:

I have not even bothered buying any Apex weapons since these changes, i'm strictly talking about the MK1 at this current time. I like the fact that gangs have to craft weapons on their home servers again, but spending so much time (whole restart) capturing Arms and 2 Turfs only for the discounts to be reverted because of the governor is kind of annoying imo.

Gangs used to cap the 2 Turfs just so they can fill their house with cheap weapons and grenades, now this turf 'fix' has effectively destroyed this still making us spend around 25k for a load-out. If it wasn't for Drug Runners being good money, more rebels would of complained about this turf 'fix'

The fix for turfs was a long, long time ago - not something that I just put in place.  

Also, if you don't like the governor is charging taxes, then you need to get one of your guys elected.  Hell, I'd do that anyway and put the taxes up and then put that money into the gang bank to "pay back" your gang for the "bribes" you had to pay.  

BioHazard, Frizzy and Churu like this