Change log 7.5.5

bamf

9 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You need to go back to your roots in kavala, you're getting to serious nowadays Ronald.

Just don't see why they don't add something along the lines of a recent suggestion.

Cops within a certain distance share the paycheck, not the 3 cops drag racing up and down highway, the cop afk on dispatch or the 2 cops giving eachother the ol' howdoyado.

that way the cops who put the effort in at least rewarded for such

Edited by Ronald
Big Bird, Frizzy and JIMBO like this
9 minutes ago, Ronald said:

Just don't see why they don't add something along the lines of a recent suggestion.

Cops within a certain distance share the paycheck, not the 3 cops drag racing up and down highway, the cop afk on dispatch or the 2 cops giving eachother the ol' howdoyado.

Im sorrry.

Ronald likes this
14 minutes ago, Ronald said:

Sometimes a higher up will tell cops to go to Kavala.  Those guys should get screwed over b/c they got put somewhere they won't get the "big score"?  The APD is a team effort.  

Phil., eleec, Sp0on and 1 other like this
38 minutes ago, bamf said:

Sometimes a higher up will tell cops to go to Kavala.  Those guys should get screwed over b/c they got put somewhere they won't get the "big score"?  The APD is a team effort.  

True, this kind of a system has ups and downs. Ups's are that it still rewards people who got couldn't participate in an event. Downs are, that it rewards people those who didn't want to help out and participate on purpose and is there just for the ez money.

Edited by Pentax
3 hours ago, Ronald said:

Because then you end up with higher up cops who have better equipment hopping on warrant and grabbing all the high bounties and leaving scraps for the rest. Because we all know how active drug fields are these days so those cant be counted on. Money sharing is fine as it is right now, they just need to filter out the guys who use cop to fund their rebel life. I suggested upping cop life to 80/20 for constables but that was shot down.

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

I've yet to see anybody do that and they will get yelled at and stuff done if they do it. I'd be more worried about swat not working 75% of the time

Yeah I can't say I've ever seen SWAT abused. But I have seen it bug out constantly and subsequently give rebels an easy win at bank or prison.

@bamf So the honor system for Bounty Hunters is definitely bugged. I just turned in a 40k bounty and only got 400 honor for it, and from asking around it seems other people are also experiencing far less honor per dollar than before. My gangmate with the Fair Share talent (you get 5% when a groupmate turns in a bounty) got more honor than me.

Edited by Fash
Kettles likes this
4 minutes ago, Fash said:

So the honor system for Bounty Hunters is definitely bugged. I just turned in a 40k bounty and only got 400 honor for it, and from asking around it seems other people are also experiencing far less honor per dollar than before. My gangmate with the Fair Share talent (you get 5% when a groupmate turns in a bounty) got more honor than me.

^^This^^

I've been getting a lot less Honor now compared to when the whole system was first introduced.

1 minute ago, bamf said:

Oh I've been thinking about that already. Don't want to make this too DayZ though. 

It would be pretty funny, especially if you force feed them tainted human meat and they get zombie like characteristics for X amt of time. So if they're released, they kinda stumble around with a blurry screen and can scroll wheel bite someone and infect them.

Leap likes this
53 minutes ago, bamf said:

Anyone doing anything crafting yet?  Keeping a weapon puts 3 on the market, while selling it back puts 4.  

Prices of items not in demand are significantly cheaper...

Edit:. Don't forget that gang perk for another 5% discount as well. 

Think you could change the crafting of Apex weapons up a bit to change up the way to make them instead of the occasional 25 unprocessed and 4 uncut.. :)

8 hours ago, bamf said:

For those that are tilted by seeing Oil Cartel (Underwater) on the map during server startup, prepare to be untilted.

m8. 

Im so tilted I've gone in full circle and Im going around a second time

post-4036-1125585903.gif

I am the black bar.

The tilt never ends

pls help

On 06/09/2016 at 8:26 PM, Gnashes said:

Not going to happen. And that's not an APD call; Paratus would shut that down the second that it was suggested.

I would. I'm all for being more casual with police. To me, fun is always priority number one. It's not fun to be forced to do something you don't want to do. This is a game.

Big Bird, GH05T, Budbringer and 8 others like this
11 minutes ago, Parker said:

Seems like a lot of people have forgotten that though. :frog:

That's because its not just a game. It's an Asylum, where you'll find the most insane, crazy gun slingers, corrupted cops and mentally unstable people on the Altis Island. Only those who dare to try and survive on the Island, are playing the game.. the game of Asylum.

(Survival, but Asylum sounded better :P)

Okay, maybe the cops aren't corrupt but it sounded pretty good :)

Edited by Sanctus
Rag likes this
1 hour ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Fair enough but then why have civ/cop time requirements at all? 

As you rise in ranks for the APD, the number of slots for a given rank are artificially constrained. Further, large portions of game mechanics are balanced around those numbers. 

So you can't have 200 LTs since they have the MK1, which means the LTs you do have need to be active in the server as well as tending to play more cop than civ. 

Does that make sense?

4 minutes ago, bamf said:

As you rise in ranks for the APD, the number of slots for a given rank are artificially constrained. Further, large portions of game mechanics are balanced around those numbers. 

So you can't have 200 LTs since they have the MK1, which means the LTs you do have need to be active in the server as well as tending to play more cop than civ. 

Does that make sense?

Yes. :)

46 minutes ago, bamf said:

Does that make sense?

Yup, but the question is, are there plans in the works to discourage rebels who only log on to cop to robocop for the money? Or is that not considered a problem? I know there's way more important issues at hand but just want to know if this is something that will be addressed down the line in some fashion.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
22 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Yup, but the question is, are there plans in the works to discourage rebels who only log on to cop to robocop for the money? Or is that not considered a problem? I know there's way more important issues at hand but just want to know if this is something that will be addressed down the line in some fashion.

That is an APD issue more so than a developer issue.  Unless they were to say separate the bank accounts (which would seriously degrade the quality of game play for career cops who also play civ) there really isnt much you can do.

38 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

What is your suggestion to fix that?

1 hour ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

So far if you play cop only for money then you can expect a blacklist