Please @Bamf @Paratus FIX THIS

27 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

KBW never fixed it.

I fixed it a month or so ago; and tested the fix on a live server by killing myself. No clue why it's not working. "If vehicle player is kind of 'Man'" seems pretty damn straightforward.

When KBW came, it got fixed, it broke again and its been attempted to get fixed ever since. Why not just revert it back to its old state where it would drop upon execution if any attempt to fix it hasn't worked?

2 hours ago, Haych said:

I would still like to see Y Inventory reverted back to its old state where it's only dropped upon executing, but they've shut down that idea many times. Maybe its time considering we haven't found a solid fix for Y inventory exploding ever since KBW fixed it and somehow it broke again.

I like that much better as well, I also think you should be able to execute within towns though.

Edited by Phil.
33 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

but it's not going back to drop on execution.

This is the kind of shit that bothers me with you devs. Why not express the reasons behind your decision to not revert it? You always just flat out deny people without giving them any explanation. Maybe someone could come up with a good solution that you hadn't thought of, if they knew your concerns. For example; if you're worried that the change would make people more prone to executing their targets in order to access potential Y-inventory, then perhaps you could implement a function to loot/pillage the target's Y without executing them.

Out of curiosity why is there a 3 second sleep before disabling simulation on the object? Since the object created is allowed to collide, 3 seconds is a lot of time for something to happen, and if a vehicle is moving and something spawns inside of it, well BOOM.

_obj spawn { sleep 3; [[_this],"life_fnc_simDisable",false,false] call life_fnc_MP; _this enableSimulation false; };

Sergio likes this
On 10/11/2016 at 9:25 AM, Gnashes said:

Yes, because using something that's not a defib for a defib makes sense........

"Temp" means temporary and that was his reason for suggesting that.

I think providing a solution to the problem at hand, whether it be temporary or not when you don't already have a clear plan for fixing the problem is alot better than not doing anything at all. Improvise with what you have and go from there

Edited by O/|/|3GA

Ever since S6 came out and the developers decided Y should drop upon death, it has been buggy pretty much ever since. There was a short time when KBW was here and it worked flawlessly and it just broke again.

What is up with you lot not wanting to revert things or use a temporary fix until the issue is resolved. Instead, we have to deal with Y sending our Ifrits into space for the last couple of months.

william and /|/|0T4RD like this
38 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Y inventory NOT dropping on death has been a thing for a very small fraction of the time Asylum has existed.

Before it bugged when S6 came out, it worked flawlessly. Y stopped dropping at all so you lot decided to make it drop upon death instead of execution and ever since, we've had problems with it on and off. Every attempt to fix it made it worst. The only time it actually worked was when KBW done something to it.

Instead of responding with utter garbage to posts like these, listen to the good suggestions here, wether thats a temporary solution, or completely reverting it back to its old state when it worked upon execution instead of 'attempting' to fix it and making it worse with every attempt. 

Why fix something that wasn't broken, and then make it even worse by breaking it even more as we go on and not fixing it at all?

I'll save you the time because we all know what you say when you don't want to deal with it anymore. "I don't have the power to do anything" 

Edited by Haych
On 10/11/2016 at 8:58 AM, Haych said:

When KBW came, it got fixed, it broke again and its been attempted to get fixed ever since. Why not just revert it back to its old state where it would drop upon execution if any attempt to fix it hasn't worked?

KBW fixed the old school system, the one before Bamf decided to make y menu spread around you when you die, where you had to go on a hunt to find it 50 meters around your body. It was flawless before the current system, but you know, Bamf had different ideas of how it was supposed to work, obviously the idea was pure shit, but you know, what can you do as a player; just hope that the developer will admit that his idea was shit and revert it back the way it was.

Edited by Pentax