Higher magnification optics

Hey, I was wondering why there are no high magnification optics available anywhere? I think it limits some aspects of gameplay as a rebel. For example, if a rebel decided to be a dick and terrorize a city he could pick up an m14 and a nice scope and terrorize a city on his/her own. On the other side of that coin, a police officer who wants to provide real time intel to a swat team working a hostage rescue, he is limited to binoculars which prevent him from providing fire support. 

I think not having these scopes limit players to only playing things close up. Personally, in other games (namely wasteland) I never engage anything within 800 meters and I'm sure some others can say the same. 

Is there any way to make some of these available. But perhaps make them more expensive? 

5 minutes ago, Adropkickmidget said:

I think it limits some aspects of gameplay as a rebel. For example, if a rebel decided to be a dick and terrorize a city he could pick up an m14 and a nice scope and terrorize a city on his/her own

How do you plan to initiate hostile RP with all these people? KOTH and Wasteland are great to do what you want.

6 minutes ago, Adropkickmidget said:

On the other side of that coin, a police officer who wants to provide real time intel to a swat team working a hostage rescue, he is limited to binoculars which prevent him from providing fire support

SWAT Officers get a Rangefinder (increased zoom). If recon is in the pick, they get a drone. Sgt+ also have drones (which have thermals).

12 minutes ago, Serpico said:

How do you plan to initiate hostile RP with all these people? KOTH and Wasteland are great to do what you want.

SWAT Officers get a Rangefinder (increased zoom). If recon is in the pick, they get a drone. Sgt+ also have drones (which have thermals).

You don't need to initiate if they are red to you, or they are in a red area.
You can also have a friend close to your target, or just send texts

1 minute ago, Berus said:

You don't need to initiate if they are red to you, or they are in a red area.
You can also have a friend close to your target, or just send texts

I think people would get rather irritated when getting sniped WITH EASE at 800km. It's being done already, but you really have to be skilled. The risk is not worth the reward IMHO.. 

You can still hit 1k+ shots with the scopes that are on Asylum now especially with a 7.62. I hit one the other day with an MXM. It requires skills other than making a mark on the map and putting your scope up to the distance and having a zoom so powerful you can look into their fucking eyes before you shoot lol.

Miles likes this
3 hours ago, Shane McCoy said:

Have fun initiating at 800 meters away

2 hours ago, Brendon Smith said:

2 hours ago, Goldy said:

I bet you are one of those gay lords on king of the hill that sit a click out with a lynx and shoot everyone that peeks 

A) that's why I said for rebels and police in situations that don't require initiating like illegal zones or clearly hostile targets

B ) I said wasteland, and yeah I am. You're a lot harder to kill when nobody can hear the bullet because you're too far away. 

1 hour ago, Adropkickmidget said:

A) that's why I said for rebels and police in situations that don't require initiating like illegal zones or clearly hostile targets

B ) I said wasteland, and yeah I am. You're a lot harder to kill when nobody can hear the bullet because you're too far away. 

A) that's gonna make the asylum combat so boring, it's boring enough with the quick peak wars. And you say only those situation, but they will be used in every scenarios 

b ) not really. Zero in your scope to 1200m, 1 shot kill to the toe with that lynx and it's not really any different from shooting from 150m

Le Razoir likes this