Remove Carrier Lites

2 minutes ago, Monkeysz said:

People complain about csats well tough shit they are not gonna be removed, too many people have paid for them so why not remove Carrier Lites yes it wont make a huge change but it might make it so I don`t eat 7.62 bullets and walk away from it.

R u drunk?????????????????

16 minutes ago, Monkeysz said:

People complain about csats well tough shit they are not gonna be removed, too many people have paid for them so why not remove Carrier Lites yes it wont make a huge change but it might make it so I don`t eat 7.62 bullets and walk away from it.

Do you even think before you post. Like honestly.

WHAT YOU PAID FOR, WAS A COSMETIC SKIN. ON PAPER. IT IS. A COSMETIC SKIN. IN GAME, IT DOES NOT FUNCTION AS SO. 

THE CSATS THEMSELVES CAN SPONGE 5 BULLETS WITHOUT A VEST.

THE VEST IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

WHAT YOU PAID FOR, WAS A COSMETIC SKIN. ON PAPER. IT IS. A COSMETIC SKIN. IN GAME, IT DOES NOT FUNCTION AS SO. 

As Bamf said; we're far more likely to likit you to a tacvest with PC's than we are to remove PCs.

Just now, Axe said:

Why. Give me an reason as to why you won't just swap them and reskin. 

Because I'm not paid enough to make these decisions and Bamf said so.

(That's what people with that shiny Developer tag do)

3 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Because I'm not paid enough to make these decisions and Bamf said so.

(That's what people with that shiny Developer tag do)

Seems like a great way to not solve the problem. 

At best that changes them sponging by one bullet. But what do I know

:shrug: 

Just now, GraduateArc8298 said:

Removing the carriers won't do much, considering people always keep their guns in full auto anyway.1WPSdkH.jpg

I've never understood why some people claim sponge when they sprayed a 7.62 on full auto, caught a guy in both arms and a leg, and he didn't just fall over dead.

Just do this

// Disallow CSAT and Carriers
[] spawn
{
	private ["_uniform","_vest","_gwh"];
	while {true} do
	{
		waitUntil { alive player && life_alive };
		_uniform = uniform player;
		_vest = vest player;
		if (({_uniform find _x >=0} count ["U_O_Pilot","U_O_Combat"] > 0) && (_vest find "PlateCarrier" >= 0)) then 
		{
			_gwh = createVehicle ["GroundWeaponHolder", getPosATL player, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
			_gwh addItemCargoGlobal [_vest, 1];
			{
				(((everyContainer _gwh) select 0) select 1) addItemCargoGlobal [_x, 1];
			}forEach (vestItems player);
			removeVest player;
			hint "You cannot wear CSAT Uniforms and Plate Carriers at the same time!";
		};
		waitUntil {sleep 10; _uniform != uniform player || _vest != vest player};
	};
};

BioHazard and Millar like this
46 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I've never understood why some people claim sponge when they sprayed a 7.62 on full auto, caught a guy in both arms and a leg, and he didn't just fall over dead.

These pilot coveralls sure are a good way to mask pay to win considering it takes more bullets poor me only has carrier lite meanwhile dick head spent entire parents paychrck on a fucked game on a half functioning server on a getting keys then you taking more shots than me and ripping another asshole on me while I mem leak I don't see how this is as balanced like other assets in the server 

Edited by Xehons
Just now, Xehons said:

These pilot coveralls sure are a good way to mask pay to win considering it takes more bullets poor me only has carrier lite meanwhile dick head spent entire parents paychrck on a fucked game on a half functioning server on a good day getting keys 

Every game is pay2win in its own ways.

Just now, Xehons said:

These pilot coveralls sure are a good way to mask pay to win considering it takes more bullets poor me only has carrier lite meanwhile dick head spent entire parents paychrck on a fucked game on a half functioning server on a good day getting keys 

I reiterate: CSAT Pilot Coveralls and Hex Fatigues are itentical in every configuration file that I've been able to extract from the game in every parameter except appearance and name.

9 minutes ago, Xehons said:

Ok I will test damage with my friend kalashnikov and cadet

What kind of test are you going to do? Remember 4 shoots at the same hit place turns that place to critical and one more shoot will kill 100%

Arma 3 hit model

Bilderesultat for arma 3 hit model

I've done some test in Arma 3 firing range and the damage between Csat guilly, recon fatigue and pilot coveralls are the exact same

If you dont have coveralls wear urban fatigues. same armor, just not as pretty.  removing carriers overall isnt the answer, but not allowing them with csat/urbans would help a bit.  Best way to combat the issue is headshots tho. Doesnt matter what theyre wearing.  

52 minutes ago, Josh Boon said:

We should remove every armor aspect and we wont have to worry about fairness at all.

Reveal hidden contents

:kappa:

Know what? Remove all weapons, for now on we will give hugs in EOD suits to prevent hurt feelings.

Much Kappa

Edited by GraduateArc8298
HotWings, RexProcer and Crunchedd like this
2 hours ago, Axe said:

Calm down buddy

Just now, HotWings said:

If you dont have coveralls wear urban fatigues. same armor, just not as pretty.  removing carriers overall isnt the answer, but not allowing them with csat/urbans would help a bit.  Best way to combat the issue is headshots tho. Doesnt matter what theyre wearing.  

Shot a guy in the head with kalashkinov Ak 12 and he didn't fucking die because he had the combat helmet I was fucking confused

3 minutes ago, Xehons said:

Shot a guy in the head with kalashkinov Ak 12 and he didn't fucking die because he had the combat helmet I was fucking confused

AK 12 is a small bullet and combat helmets have an armor rating of 2 (i believe) so at a distance is possible it wouldn't kill the target. Its also possible Arma's terrible net code registered it in the chest (I have seen video proof that this is a thing) who knows lol

1 minute ago, Mr. Fudger said:

I don't think people would've paid for coveralls if they knew they could only wear a tac best with it.. that's kinda shit tbh..

That was how it was before coveralls were removed the first time if i recall correctly and how it was said to be done when they came back.  Bamf decided to see how it went without the change, apparently people hate it :shrug:

Xehons likes this

Solution to the CSAT nightmare

Nerf CSAT/PILOT Coveralls Armor Value by  about 2/3rds of what it is now and make them $1k also add what haych suggested in his thread, Reskin AAF to coveralls. This could fix the aids hitbox problem considering I don't really mind sponging but what I do mind is hitting people in the head twice and them not going down.

this will give rebels the oppurtunity as well to have variety and not all be wearing the same clothes, We'd see more BuskWookies again :) 

Edited by Sean.
1 minute ago, Sean. said:

Solution to the CSAT nightmare

Nerf CSAT/PILOT Coveralls Armor Value by  about 2/3rds of what it is now and make them $1k also add what haych suggested in his thread, Reskin AAF to coveralls. This could fix the aids hitbox problem considering I don't really mind sponging but what I do mind is hitting people in the head twice and them not going down.

this will give rebels the oppurtunity as well to have variety and not all be wearing the same clothes, We'd see more BuskWookies again :) 

Editing armor requires a mod, something theyre not going to do.  I like @Haych's idea the best 

Just now, HotWings said:

Editing armor requires a mod, something theyre not going to do.  I like @Haych's idea the best 

It's just in the basic BI script, it wouldn't require a mod believe it or not. For example, the ifrit without its variables reworked is damn near impossible to shoot someone out of with an Mk with anything less than a magazine

22 minutes ago, Sean. said:

It's just in the basic BI script, it wouldn't require a mod believe it or not. For example, the ifrit without its variables reworked is damn near impossible to shoot someone out of with an Mk with anything less than a magazine

Armour values can not be edited, requires you to mod the server. Vehicle variables are pretty much the same, you can't edit armour values, however you can write scrips like the Rotor Script or the script Olympus has for vehicle wheels. Take Damage> Heal, similar to how the seatbelt script worked. Its just ghetto ways around adjusting 'armour', but non is ideal, we see how bad it works with the Rotor Script.

Ifrit only had 1 script in the mission file I believe and that's been quoted out for a decade so its not in play. The Ifrit you see in Asylum is vanilla, nothing is changed on it, no idea where you're getting the whole mag theory from.

In terms of the whole CSAT debate, as Bamf said, Armour stack prevention would honestly be the best solution without actually removing the Coveralls. I'd rather see them removed, but it won't happen because money is involved. 2nd solution would be the Skin clone I mentioned or I take my time and work on CSAT Fatigues with the Coverall skin, that way we enjoy the skin without its broken hitbox.