Admin-Player Interaction

Admin-Player Interaction

It's been well known since the beginning of time that the members of the admin team are almost never on the same page. In some situations, this discrepancy can lead to the player base getting fucked over. In terms of myself, that happened today. This thread is going to focus solely on what happened to me today and how a situation such as it can be fixed. Feel free to bring up anything else that may be within context, though. Don't flame. Serious thread this time. Also, to any admins that may be viewing; if you don't like it, don't delete it. Just lock it.

My Situation

Earlier in the afternoon I was playing as a civilian and took shots from 5-6 officers whilst flying my helicopter over Pyrgos HQ. I promptly landed at truck shop, pulled a hatchback, and drove to the HBAR's at the front entrance of the HQ. There already was a large group of people there - give or take 8 people - because the cops had just ended up bringing people back from a failed bank. I took shots at the entrance, killed 1-2 people in the crowd as they walked in my line of fire, and killed a cop. Realizing what I done wrong, I messaged the victim in-game, on discord, and on teamspeak to discuss comp. To abide by forum rules I will not mention any names. We agreed on something like 10k comp and I was driving to the nearest ATM to send it. As I was driving I got banned for three days, RDM. I argued with the banning admin over teamspeak and discord which, albeit, probably made my problem worse.

What's the Issue?

The issue is that I was banned while going to send compensation to the people that I killed. Both parties had agreed, aggressor (me) and victim (unnamed), on compensation. The person I killed even expressed concern when I messaged him on discord telling that I got banned for the situation. Come to hear of it, the banning admin obviously took no input from either side and banned based off an unclear understanding. Only after I was banned did the admin ask the questions. This needs to stop.

Resolution? 

The solution is rather simple: disallow admins to ban without a report unless it's painfully obvious someone is doing something (exploiting, mass RDM, VDM, exploiting, duping, etc.). I killed two people - a minuscule offence - and the admin went ahead and banned me without even attempting any sort of contact with me. It was an unclear situation and now I have an account flagged for three days of RDM. I've been screwed over and I was only trying to do the right thing and that was sending compensation for my mistake.

A Reminder

If this thread manages to get passed through my modqueue please keep it on topic and in context. It's almost positively going to get silently removed anyway but if it doesn't please don't fuck around. Talk about only what's on topic - feedback about this idea, your experiences, other shit the admins need to sort out, etc. Thank you.

@Olio @Volunteer281

Edited by explicit

It's always been a "grey area" with most of the rebels to comp the person if you did in this case "RDM" and if both parties agree and are happy with the terms the ban should be lifted or in this case not even happen. Yes you can't run around and mass RDM ppl and just comp it and be done that's not what im saying but if you happen to fuck up in a smaller situation then comp should be enough. 

explicit, HapHazard and Aslan like this

Well if both parties agreed on a comp admins can see ingame messages you sent to him or something he may have sent you.Maybe consider making a ban appeal that might help.I am not being salty but just adding up by saying that admins know what they are doing and they normally give you one or two chances ingame but if you think their actions were not justified you can even report an admin.

Just now, Mahdizzle said:

It's always been a "grey area" with most of the rebels to comp the person if you did in this case "RDM" and if both parties agree and are happy with the terms the ban should be lifted or in this case not even happen. Yes you can't run around and mass RDM ppl and just comp it and be done that's not what im saying but if you happen to fuck up in a smaller situation then comp should be enough. 

Unless the player never mentioned the agreed upon comp to the admin that was there and decided to take the comp AND push for a ban. Which has happened before because people do shit like that. 

Just sayin. 

explicit likes this
Just now, Dredge said:

Unless the player never mentioned the agreed upon comp to the admin that was there and decided to take the comp AND push for a ban. Which has happened before because people do shit like that. 

Just sayin. 

Yup no it's a good point, a rule of this can't really be made since there will be alot of situations where gangs try to fuck other gangs over. 

Dredge likes this

It's not so much compensation, admins should make an attempt to communicate with the aggressor (me in this situation) before banning. It's such a minuscule offense that it should not warrant an immediate ban. Either leave it to a report, an agreement between the two parties, or speak to the aggressor.

Edited by explicit
Just now, bigjohn561 said:

@Dredge but the ban should be appealed very fast if he has proof he tried to send comp.....

Thank you for this suggestion. Cause we didnt know about that. 

Also for everyone. Giving someone Comp isnt an official ruling its more a gentlemen agreement. And we are okay with that.

In certain scenarios (like this) when we dont know about it and we are witnesses then those type of bans can happen. At the end of the day  we are also humans and trying our best.

Just now, Sjuol said:

I just miss the old days, im sorry for being oldschool and not reporting every fucking one the instant anything fucking happens (give me points)

Actually the old days people snitched just as much as they do nowadays. And would put reports in against someone 1 month later....

Heidelberg likes this

I'm sorry, but expecting an admin to contact a player before placing a ban is ridiculous. Having tried to do it before, i can say 9/10 it turns into the guy saying, "fuck you, i don't care who you say you are." Placing the ban FORCES the player to come see you, and if what you're saying is true, and can be confirmed by both parties, then it should be a fairly easy and quick appeal.

Whining about it on the forums doesn't help anyone, all it does is bring out the stories of " oh yeah, this one time it happened to me" and other anecdotal bullshit that has no place.

Just now, Sjuol said:

I just miss the old days, im sorry for being oldschool and not reporting every fucking one the instant anything fucking happens (give me points)

lol. I saw a guy hold on to a report for a week, and then report the player before a gang war so that he would miss out on it, the old school guys were just as petty. @Gnashes is the one who saw that report iirc.

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

tl;dr

Don't break a server rule and threads like this won't happen.

I agree and disagree.

If everyone in the game could just pay someone 30k for there loadout and fuck that person over the game would suck. I see it constantly. People blatently RDM or fuck someone over and just pay him because thats one less person in the other group they have to fight or hell even counts as instant initiation. Happens all the time, they plow some guy over - hop out and kill him,  then all they have to do is kill another guy or two and they can probably chop the groups vehicles and make more then what they owe.

There are however plenty of simple mistakes. I do stupid shit all the time, I really dont mean it. I would gladly rather comp somebody and fix what i've done wrong then have to sit there for 3 days and be scolded like it was a big deal. If you are known for doing this shit constantly or its greater then a small instance then you deserve to be punished but It's something in this case that could have been easily handled in TS and a comp for the fella.

I do agree that admins with the first POV are at the descretion but sometimes they act wrong out of personal opinion since they ARE in the situation. There human too.

bigjohn561 and explicit like this

similar thing happened to me a few months back, as soon as cops are involved and and admin witnesses you doing something wrong to those cops or anyone around them, they would issue a ban, and would not unban you no matter what.

even tho you initiated with everyone your fucked over.

end of story.

(nvm) should never have pointed fingers :kappa:

Edited by johnfx
45 minutes ago, johnfx said:

similar thing happened to me a few months back, as soon as cops are involved and and admin witnesses you doing something wrong to those cops or anyone around them, they would issue a ban, and would not unban you no matter what.

even tho you initiated with everyone your fucked over.

end of story.

P.S - talking about subaru of-course.

You've been banned for RDM 3 different times, by 3 different admins in a 10 day period.  Maybe you need to follow the rules.  I think we are pretty lenient, try that crap out on any other server, you wouldn't be here still...  :fail:

johnfx likes this
7 minutes ago, Subaru said:

You've been banned for RDM 3 different times, by 3 different admins in a 10 day period.  Maybe you need to follow the rules.  I think we are pretty lenient, try that crap out on any other server, you wouldn't be here still...  :fail:

i've been banned a total of 3 times in a total of over 2 years. some might have been because i don't understand the rules, but the last one which was yours was just truly unfair.

but we should not be discussing bans in forums, should we? did not expect to trigger a reply out of ya, but i had to point fingers to find out if it was you again :frog:

btw i am over the unfair ban, and i am following the rules ;) so no need to worry about me i am out in these streets acting inferior but recording those rulebreakers too.

Edited by johnfx

You were asked to fill out a ban appeal, where you could mention that you were offering comp. Your ban would have been lifted instead, you showed great displeasure to admin action, said it was a waste of your time and told me to fuck off alongside a bunch of other stuff... By the time you finished shit talking you would have filled a ban appeal talked to me for like 2 minutes and been back on the game.

I was only made aware of you offering compensation afterward so by messaging me a load of crap you only made the situation worse for yourself. The general rule is if someone breaks a server rule, dependent on the severity, you are to ban them you can then discuss afterward what happened. You were upset over keeping your record clean well it's pretty marked up already.

If you still wish to file a ban appeal you may.