Poll: are you satisfied with the new prison?

massi

Are you satisified with the new prison?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new prison?

Just now, HotWings said:

Could be interesting if you could get enough unique people voting.  Id bet all polls would lean rebel tho lol

Yeah it would be cool if there were enough unique voters, they should probably add some restrictions ie: you can only vote on cop content updates if you're a whitelisted officer, that being said a lot of rebels are whitelisted so not too sure what they could do to make it remain fair for both you know?

1 hour ago, Jaeger said:

I'm sorry to say this but if the only thing you are looking for is to shoot people, this is not the place for you. There are plenty of King of the Hill servers or other games that will better suit your play style. We are an RP server, and even with the fact that we allow very minimal RP, we expect our player base to give and take RP. The Prison Break is meant to, guess... BREAK your friends or whoever is there out of Prison. If all you want to do is kill cops, you can do it, .

People do banks just to kill cops... but either way as I said before it doesn't matter cause you can just see the stats and see how many people do prisons now that the system changed

Just now, Fudger said:

People do banks just to kill cops... but either way as I said before it doesn't matter cause you can just see the stats and see how many people do prisons now that the system changed

We knew that would happen when we made the new prison. People are inherently lazy; and for every additional unit of effort required, more will opt to not do something.

Just now, Fudger said:

The Bank is another thing that to my eyes needs a complete mechanic rework and design. It's easier to rob a bank than a Gas Station. The thing is that rebels want to have fun without risking anything. Why do banks instead of chases or random shoot outs, because on a random shoot out you can they can get downed and sent to jail, while at the bank they get a lethal.

Just now, Gnashes said:

We knew that would happen when we made the new prison. People are inherently lazy; and for every additional unit of effort required, more will opt to not do something.

Same thing is happening with rebel life, people don't want to put in work to get geared anywhere else but the nearest rebel (donor). So they will just log off after they see someone camping. There needs to be something done about this, or you will continue to see a decline in the amount of prison breaks, although I am almost certain it has hit rock bottom at this point.

Just now, Vanilla Coke said:

Same thing is happening with rebel life, people don't want to put in work to get geared anywhere else but the nearest rebel (donor). So they will just log off after they see someone camping. There needs to be something done about this, or you will continue to see a decline in the amount of prison breaks, although I am almost certain it has hit rock bottom at this point.

If you have the secret formula against laziness give it to me, I ll pay a a lot for it. My employees need a shit ton of that.

2 minutes ago, Jaeger said:

If you have the secret formula against laziness give it to me, I ll pay a a lot for it. My employees need a shit ton of that.

There's no secret formula to something like that, and that is not what I am saying.

People don't want to play the game as a second job, if they wanted to do something like that, they would go play WoW (trust me this grind is fucking real). The reason that rebel life has somewhat devolved into this mixture of preteens and children is because of the game taking up too much time of people's lives. Older men and women just don't have the time for this game anymore unless they are a career cop. These kind of threads literally kill the community, and it was heartbreaking to see some admins taking part in it. Eventually, people will realize the arguing is not worth their time, and they will move on to Olympus, where you can pay for the shit you want. Keep in mind this is not an attack on the staff team or the servers, I am just trying to open your eyes as to what is happening to people that finally see the arguing is getting them nowhere.

Edited by Vanilla Coke

2 hours ago, HotWings said:
9 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

We knew that would happen when we made the new prison. People are inherently lazy; and for every additional unit of effort required, more will opt to not do 0something.

true, but if that will make people do it why not? if basically taking out the prison gives less civ v cops activities (which was one of the most fun) why not just add it back or give what the community wants u know

Unfortunately it's not what we as community/players want. If we are here is because we like what we need to do. I personally like having to do something to get something else. I find boring arriving to a game or place where I am handed everything, It just loses all value to me. But that's me.

We will never ever be able to satisfy every single person we deal with in our life, because we are not the same and each person likes different things. 

Just now, Jaeger said:

Unfortunately it's not what we as community/players want. If we are here is because we like what we need to do. I personally like having to do something to get something else. I find boring arriving to a game or place where I am handed everything, It just loses all value to me. But that's me.

We will never ever be able to satisfy every single person we deal with in our life, because we are not the same and each person likes different things. 

Don't you think it's retarded though? That a PRISON is harder than a Fed or a bank?

2 minutes ago, Jaeger said:

kill cops= reward is get prisoners out?

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Ive said this so many times since the new prison was added. Keep it on the old Pyrgos island, use the current system and maybe add the auxiliary power somewhere on the mainland. Still make it so cops spawn on the prison maybe even at the back two and boom, prison is back. @Gnashes

Again, Paratus really does not like the island. You've got to convince him, not me.

16 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Again, Paratus really does not like the island. You've got to convince him, not me.

Why doesn't he come on this thread and explain to us, the community,  what is so evil about pyrgos prison? Could you please send him a Skype message or something, because you are basically saying that any big issue like this is useless because Paratus doesn't really browse through the forums. 

Edited by massi
3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

That's the whole point. That is the reason Asylum was so popular. It's the arcade of Life Servers. Maximum fun, minimum effort. 

FudgeR likes this
2 hours ago, :(:(:(:(:( said:

Don't you think it's retarded though? That a PRISON is harder than a Fed or a bank?

They should all be hard, the bank is laughable at its difficulty level, and even tho it is fairly easy with a decent group its still used as a mechanism to do nothing but kill cops the majority of the time but the payout is relatively low.  The Fed was the only challenge, and people refuse/d to do it because the risk of getting caught. The only group I have ever seen do a full fed is off duty cops and @Sugarfoot, @Crunchedd, and the rest of those guys .  Now that there is more risk at the prison you wont do it?  Seems like the issue is with it being difficult and nothing more. 

2 hours ago, Azeh said:

And they both represent a portion of the community? 

More than 10-20% of the people vote in runescape.  Its an ingame system that is in every bank, its super easy and most players vote.  They dont have to go to the forums and look for it. 

1 hour ago, Steve said:

If they don't vote then they don't care enough. Why shouldn't there opinion be voided?

:fail:

2 hours ago, Fudger said:

kill cops= reward is get prisoners out?

What?

Crunchedd and Gatorade like this
3 minutes ago, HotWings said:

They should all be hard, the bank is laughable at its difficulty level, and even tho it is fairly easy with a decent group its still used as a mechanism to do nothing but kill cops the majority of the time but the payout is relatively low.  The Fed was the only challenge, and people refuse/d to do it because the risk of getting caught. The only group I have ever seen do a full fed is off duty cops and @Sugarfoot, @Crunchedd, and the rest of those guys .  Now that there is more risk at the prison you wont do it?  Seems like the issue is with it being difficult and nothing more. 

More than 10-20% of the people vote in runescape.  Its an ingame system that is in every bank, its super easy and most players vote.  They dont have to go to the forums and look for it. 

What?

More on what I said earlier, most of the people who go on the forums are the active people. I think active people should be far more valued then the people who literally just joined the server within the last week because they haven't had a chance to experience that much.

Treeontyn likes this
8 minutes ago, Azeh said:

You're telling someone to go into a place and ask for the competitor's product which is something that isn't relevant at all. 

This is a scenario where the majority of the community requests something to return because the replacement of said thing lacks quality (enjoyment). The owner denies the request because he doesn't agree with the majority of the community.. 

If you're gonna mention McDonalds and Burger King, it would make more sense if a large amount of people demanded McDonalds or Burger King to keep selling a certain product after they replaced it with a ("enhanced") product that people actually disliked. But you know, McDonalds or Burger King would actually listen to their customers because that's what's financially beneficial. Paratus just refuses to listen because apparently his opinion is more valueable than the players that actually play on the server, and his loss of being stubborn is less than McDonalds' and Burger King's. But oh well, having a dead feature/mechanic because the server owner just "wants it that way" is completely fine. :frog:

The elaborate was for Fudger. 

Yes you made a fair and valid point and totally agree with it. What I was trying to refer is try going to anyplace and beg them to add something that they don't have becuase whatever the reason is and look at the response. If the owner doesn't want to add something, it won't be added, doesn't matter how much we can ask for it.

don't get me wrong I like the old Prison Location and everything, but there is nothing we can do to take it back as the one in power has already said he won't do it, the only thing we have left is adapt and keep going with what we have. 

Just now, Steve said:

More on what I said earlier, most of the people who go on the forums are the active people. I think active people should be far more valued then the people who literally just joined the server within the last week because they haven't had a chance to experience that much.

So just to be clear... You're saying that in order to be considered an active member of the community you are required to deal with the AIDS that is the forums?  Where you get bashed for having a different opinion? Im sure theres more than a few that completely avoid the forums because its not worth their time to deal with the borderline harassment.

Sandwich likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

So just to be clear... You're saying that in order to be considered an active member of the community you are required to deal with the AIDS that is the forums?  Where you get bashed for having a different opinion? Im sure theres more than a few that completely avoid the forums because its not worth their time to deal with the borderline harassment.

There's no other efficient way that is currently implemented that would allow the whole communities voice to be heard. And again same old shit, in my 2 years on asylum I still have yet to see that many people who don't go on the forums that have experienced both edges of the sword, (end game rebel/cop etc.) If the majority of the people who don't put their vote in, there is no way to know where they stand. The community would be better off making decisions with what information they have regarding the mass majority of the opinions stated on the forums. 

Regardless, I would rather see mass kicks and overall server performance being increased before anything else was added in. Why add in more features when there is other huge problems? 

23 minutes ago, HotWings said:

What?

You have no idea what you're talking about

stop

Matthew, Haych and Boomerman like this
10 minutes ago, :(:(:(:(:( said:

You have no idea what you're talking about

stop

Nah bro, you just dont like what I have to say. Your opinions are not the only opinions.  You dont have to like mine, just as I dont have to agree with yours. You have done nothing to change my mind with the arguments of "just put it back already" and "the new one is too hard"  Being lazy and unwilling to lose are not reason to revert something sorry man.

6 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Nah bro, you just dont like what I have to say. Your opinions are not the only opinions.  You dont have to like mine, just as I dont have to agree with yours. You have done nothing to change my mind with the arguments of "just put it back already" and "the new one is too hard"  Being lazy and unwilling to lose are not reason to revert something sorry man.

i havent said either of those

all i said is that its retarded that prison is harder than bank or fed, and you're trying to argue with me for no utter reason