Poll: are you satisfied with the new prison?

massi

Are you satisified with the new prison?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new prison?

Yes, this thread again HotWings

It's been a little over 1 month since I've created the following thread, so I figured we can go back onto the subject of making the prison a relevant end-game activity

My thoughts

I was reading this 

and this particular reply had me thinking

ffe186388726259b15c141e15f991fa8.png

You don't need an LT on to take out the sand bags, SWAT gets 7.62. You get a strider to push the prison AND it's amphibious.

If you have a good strider driver, it's easy to push. Push backwards and you will be FINE, esp in the water because you basically can't be shot and they can't shoot your tires either because they're in the water. Hard peakers definitely will help when you're pushing. Why was the pyrgos prison removed in the first place?

There are many tactics that have been developed (ie @Shade with his flashbang technique https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdd-K_TjME )

It's easy to push and it's not in the middle of nowhere

Hard aimers make it even easier

The only change that would make it more balanced would be the minimum amount of cops required in order to start a prison break which should be increased to 4-5.

This thread's sole purpose is to stir a civil discussion about bringing back pyrgos prison island

The idea behind the thread is instead of switching to a location that nobody likes, we can just improve the old pyrgos prison.

Edited by massi
Steve, Twang, Brendon Smith and 2 others like this
22 minutes ago, Haych said:

Cops used to long on specifically when Rebels where doing the old prison, majority liked it.

Asylum is the arcade of Life servers, let us slay anyone we want to with ease without worrying about stupid mechanics that don't work most of the time.

I remember this quite well.  There was even some cops who would get mad that cops would join all of a sudden and accuse them of being money hungry lmao.  

I rather devs move it back to Pyrgos and improve upon it.  Add three bridges, make the brige bigger and add cover, something like that.  The peak battles were annoying for lots of people and that could be fixed.

Sergio likes this
31 minutes ago, Haych said:

Cops used to long on specifically when Rebels where doing the old prison, majority liked it.

Asylum is the arcade of Life servers, let us slay anyone we want to with ease without worrying about stupid mechanics that don't work most of the time.

Rebels used to log on cop*

Just now, massi said:

How can it be fixed? What exactly don't they like?

I'm sure there is a way to fix whatever problem they have with it. There's always a way.

The island location is poor. The mechanic was "stand next to this NPC for 10 minutes and not get shot". They aren't going to revert a more robust system for something that simple.

Just now, Gnashes said:

The island location is poor. The mechanic was "stand next to this NPC for 10 minutes and not get shot". They aren't going to revert a more robust system for something that simple.

There's always compromise. This thread's purpose was not to revert to the old mechanic, but rather just change the location. 

Just now, Cassettes said:

Not sure why they'd make a decision based on what they like or don't like, if the community doesn't like it what is the point of having it? 

Same could be said by them.  Not sure why everyone thinks that just because they dont like something the devs are required to change it.

I like the new prison, the idea is cool, but it needs a bit tweaking. I think there should be more cover by the gates you need to lockpick. When I tried it, the cops had a super good spot at the first gate, so we were unable to shoot him and he could camp the gate. I also dont really like the location, and the design itself could use some more tweaks

: ) and Sergio like this

can't remember the last time I did a prison break, was probably over 6 months ago, just before that god awful one next to athira got put in. Im all for changing it. I'm willing to bet no one has done a SUCCESSFUL prison break in the past 2 weeks on any altis server. I understand Paratus has his own vision on how he wants his server to be played and thats fine and all but the prison atm is just a place where people sit for 45 minutes, no fights what so ever.

finn_, Haych, Sergio and 1 other like this
4 minutes ago, Joel Marley said:

If your not satisfied, you don't do it right.. Its easy coming from a "Boats n Hoes", may a lesson be learned. > did it 2 times flawlessly with 10ish cops on both times, but haven't yet done many since.

The problem isn't that.. the problem is that it's a horrible location to fight and people just wanna go there and shoot ppl without having to lockpick the entire building and that bs

Joel Marley likes this
10 hours ago, Gnashes said:

They are simply retarded then. If they actually played the server they would realize how much more fun it is and I'm sure you can just look at the stats of how many prison breaks happened before the shitty change and after

18 hours ago, massi said:

This thread's sole purpose is to stir a civil discussion about bringing back pyrgos prison island

The idea behind the thread is instead of switching to a location that nobody likes, we can just improve the old pyrgos prison.

> Asks for civil discussion

> Decides that out of everyone on an Asylum, not a single person likes the new prison.

> Will probably QQ when someone disagrees

Budbringer likes this