RDM/VDM players help

I have been thinking of an idea that could help speed up rdm/vdm reports. What if we had a system like csgo's overwatch to catch cheaters. We have people get accepted into the overwatch program after passing a test proving they know the rules and if 3 out of 3 players vote that the report was legit, it goes straight to the admin to ban/comp. but if one of them report that there is no issue, or there is disagreement the admins would look at this. This could help speed things up because admins don't need to look at easy to fix issues.  Also reward the players that help with the posts. Let me know your ideas on this, or how would you improve this. 

2 minutes ago, ogrexo said:

how so? its almost like having more support staff 

Because it needs to go thru three people and then an admin. How wouldn't that take longer? It works on CSGO because there is no admins in the sense there are admins here and the community votes on people breaking rules which then results in the evidence being reviewed by staff so bans can be added.  That's why its takes a while for the bans to actually be put in on CSGO.

They also review for hacks, not subjective rule breaking such as RDM or VDM.  

Edited by HotWings

The speed when we are at a good number of admins has the reports being completed within about 24-48 hours, more on the 24 side. With the reduction in staff, and an increase in issues like mass kicks and discount weekends, we are running heavier on reports to go through. Our numbers will begin to grow here shortly, but we will be growing slower than what we did before to eliminate some issues as well as make sure everyone has a good amount of time with different admins during the training process. 

Silver-Spy likes this

A Vote Kick system will be more useful to implement, maybe requiring more then half the server to be able to kick the guy abusing the rules

such as maybe a obvious hacker or something like that,

thing is the vote to kick or ban can be very abusive towards a innocent player,

although you can make it where if you have it recorded of the player abusing the system it can lead to a 1-month ban or then maybe a Perm

but I see to many complicated things in that type of system so in conclusion I think things should stay the same.

(Note : To get the full server to ban one guy will not happen so it's useless to even try that the guy might have friends or people just don't care.)

Edited by Alex Herrera
37 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

OR leave kavala and stop coming on here with stupid ideas? :frog:

Oh ok I'll leave Kavala and go to a bank to have a peak fest with cops. Oh, or I could just come camp Drug Cartel with you. Then when the fight is over we can all revive each other and live happily ever after. People that say "leave Kavala" need their head examined.

Just now, Philv2.0 said:

Oh ok I'll leave Kavala and go to a bank to have a peak fest with cops. Oh, or I could just come camp Drug Cartel with you. Then when the fight is over we can all revive each other and live happily ever after. People that say "leave Kavala" need their head examined.

I cant even respond to such autism so ill sit back and watch everyone else pick you apart.

My god the stupidity...

15 hours ago, massi said:

If you actually think for one second you're trolling us, you're wrong. You're just looking like an idiot in every single thread.

If you quote the definition of it, seems like i'm doing a fine job of it. It's working and you don't even realize it. You replied with a hostile response to a post that wasn't even directed at you. Get trolled pleb.

Spoiler
troll2
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
  1. 1.
    informal
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Spoiler

u-mad-bro.jpg

HotWings likes this
2 hours ago, Philv2.0 said:

If you quote the definition of it, seems like i'm doing a fine job of it. It's working and you don't even realize it. You replied with a hostile response to a post that wasn't even directed at you. Get trolled pleb.

Hide contents
troll2
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
  1. 1.
    informal
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Reveal hidden contents

u-mad-bro.jpg

If you actually think my response was hostile, you must get bullied IRL or something because I don't know what else to tell you.

It would be nice for mass kicks to be recorded in some sort of way. Some admins will compensate you when you give the date of the mass kicks; some admins will not compensate you. Do we need evidence or not? I don't fancy uploading/editing videos (without getting decent software) for a comp. on a drug run, for example.

Think the admins need to also be more helpful on compensation requests for this kind of thing. I'd spend quite a bit of time uploading evidence for comp. requests, and it's often taken by saying 'I cannot tell if you would've landed that plane or not, so I will compensate you the 15k you lost for the plane crashing'. Drug runs take about 10ish minutes, as does gathering evidence, filling out RDM reports, etc.

On 5/4/2017 at 3:12 PM, Philv2.0 said:

:frog:oh god i think you need your head examined

Just now, Philv2.0 said:

If staying in the area of the game that fun happens in leaves me with a head examination then so be it. You sane people can go sit at cartels all day and camp drug runner. :kermit:

Oh yea dude me and my gang just sit at drug runners all day:frog:

32 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Oh yea dude me and my gang just sit at drug runners all day:frog:

Oh maybe you occasionally go fly around in an Orca to stop by and pickup the Cartel money? Maybe pick some berries while you're there? Head over to cocaine and enjoy the view. Boring af.

On 5/4/2017 at 1:38 PM, Olio said:

The speed when we are at a good number of admins has the reports being completed within about 24-48 hours, more on the 24 side. With the reduction in staff, and an increase in issues like mass kicks and discount weekends, we are running heavier on reports to go through. Our numbers will begin to grow here shortly, but we will be growing slower than what we did before to eliminate some issues as well as make sure everyone has a good amount of time with different admins during the training process. 

Glad we could keep this time frame for not even 36 hours :frog:

1 hour ago, Tusken Raider said:

Glad we could keep this time frame for not even 36 hours :frog:

Glad we have people like you holding us accountable by complaining, we have a handful from Friday. They will be done. Thanks again for complaining to complain to make us aware. :frog:

: ), Ronald and Heidelberg like this