Section F, Number 5

1 hour ago, Diseased said:

I only play cop when I want money

Other Cops only play cop when they want money.

Higher ups only want to play higher up because of the control over other players that they get, and the involuntarily respect that they "Earn" for the rank,

+1, Now lets stop and think how many active cops are selling money :} - no problems though right?

3 hours ago, Bikstok said:

I was wondering what would happen when bamf and co decided to give all this power to a bunch of randoms. Great entertainment!

PS. I miss Durga. Only captain I ever feared ingame

If Durga would come back I think he would be a optimal choice for captain, Yes he had his own issues but at least he cared, He had earned our respect rather then demand like the current captains we have. For my other choice for captain I would suggest Deazy Johnson or Serpico. They both seem to be level headed and have traits that would make a good captain, etc. 

3 hours ago, Trilligy said:

Honestly I'm going through here and reading most of these posts and thinking to myself some of these have a good point to them, even though the people making the posts have been some of the most toxic/controversial people here int he community and for the most people even here posting is from FSA or hangs in the FSA teamspeak. I get it y'all are pissed because of the people we left in charge when we left but this is honestly so far 1 group of people upset because their friends got removed from their ranks or the APD as a whole. We have something we can do to address it that is not to the extreme of asking for a the APD to have a fight within themselves to remove a captain/s because honestly 99% of you have no idea what captain actually means you have to do, its not a place to make the community like you in the least bit. Anyways something will be done

+1 on Jessie I think she addressed you perfectly 

However I will say this, we made this post not because we have a personal vendetta against any of the captains but because as members of this community who want to see it succeeded and thrive. See, the APD is so imperative to the server as a whole, yes they are a small faction compared to civ/rebel, but they contribute about 80% of interaction on the server. Perhaps the removal of the captains is not the right option, perhaps we should have admins step in to resolve the situation. At least why are trying to improve the server we enjoy and I don't think that should be looked downed upon. 

And for the Lieutenants that actual think change needs to be at hand I say this: 

For the welfare of this community and for the server in its entirety I believe the Lieutenants we call upon will stand firm in the face of tyranny and WILL NOT falter in this great time of need.

Thank you great people of Altis :)

Edited by Larry
Just now, Kryptonn said:

Let's take this thread seriously ok? Admins, please delete the troll posts and let people talk maturely about this ACTUAL issue. I will make a new thread if this gets locked. Instead of locking, start hurting the people hurting the mature conversation.

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED SO I CAN JOIN THE DISCUSSION.

Just now, Atmosphere said:

Yes lets remove the captains, no one likes those guys. All they do is boring shit and make a bunch of shit rules that make it harder for us to RP.

If we ever get a captain, choose someone who actually enjoys the game and is laid back (me, ronald or Abubakar).

Or just someone who will care for the APD and be mature about things....don't need to take being a CAPTAIN like it's an IRL job with 6 figure paycheck on the table if you're a bit lenient.

Atmosphere likes this

Well... here goes.  Quite a bit to say on this topic, so wall of text likely incoming.  Maybe I can bring the thread back on topic.

As most of you probably know, I was a Lieutenant until very recently.  I still don't know why I was demoted or what I did other than "something bad" and "corruption" or "lost my trust".  But this really isn't about that, this is about the Captains.

67cfdbe49453243a4bd5360597f8bb99.png

So let me tell you what I know about the Captains and why I believe that a change of the guard is in order.

Right off the bat, when these news Captains were instilled, some of the Lieutenants tried to be involved in the "new APD", asking to be involved in policy making.  Hypanius laughed and said that coming to us for policy ideas would be a bad idea and that he would make the decisions. Despite having some sort of transvestite lady boy as his avatar, Hypanius becomes overwhelmed and demotes people for making lighthearted jokes about his name.  He can stand to have a scantily clad man-woman, but can't take the name "Hyper-Penis" without throwing everyone off the force for not respecting his reign.  I won't forget joining a support channel wherein an ongoing discussion with Hypanus was happening about said nicknames when I mentioned that Scott referred to him as "Hypermoose" and he threatened to demote me if I ever said that again.  It became clear early on that this Captain maintained some sort of personal desire to see me removed.

After responding to an officer report against RoguePilot who I had not been in a gang with for 35+ days, Hypanius gave me points for processing a gangmate claiming that "he felt like I had been in a gang with him and that i deserved points" despite having no proof.  I had previously been told due to my heavy gang involvement to not process anyone who I was a in a gang within 30 days with.

He then later finally removed me for reasons still unknown to me.  Many of you have heard the conversation.  I asked why I was being removed and if I could be offered at least an explanation, let alone evidence, and was told that "we can't tell you what, but you did something bad".  Hell, I have come to understand that the evidence against me (which has since been deleted) is of me simply talking about something, not even me actually actively doing some violation of APD guidelines.

Following this incident, said Captain Hypanius removed Ex-Lieutenant Bloodhound's Corporal rank because Bloodhound banned him from the FSA teamspeak.  Apparently Captain's power now extends into private gang teamspeak servers.

My Captain report for this blatant abuse of power resulted in the following.  That is the only response.

b7041d9aa7b342fc42c4c65387ceb81b.png

There are a number of 2nd LTs and veteran Lieutenants who have come across as heavily disappointed in the current direction and recent actions of the APDs current leadership.

Now, for me this isn't about my removal or Hypanius alone.  This is about the leadership of the force as a whole and the reasons why I sought the Lieutenant position in the first place.  Whether or not you thought I was a good Lieutenant, and I have received a lot of support from people insisting that I was, but either way I worked for the position so that I could support the police force that made Asylum a great place when I joined in 2014.  Those were my only intentions as cop, I defended the cop force, got on every day to help them fight the uphill battle and provide leadership at the Bank/Fed/Prison.  I fought for a fair fight for rebels and to create a positive roleplay environment and all it did was get me removed.  Apparently I tried to create a fun environment one too many times and somehow violated some rule unknown to me.  All I have been able to gather is that it was related to the trial by combat system.

When Ed was chosen I was a little perplexed.  Joined the APD after the 6.0 patch and had been a Lieutenant for less time than me when he was selected for Captain.  Not only was he relatively inexperienced in APD terms, frequently asking policy questions and often tapping other LTs for thoughts on officer reports, but he was inexperienced in Arma itself by community standards (600 hours at the time?).  But now we have Ed and these Captains pushing to remove age limits from cop?

Jamooze I have for the most part had little to no issue with.  He is a laid back guy.  The only thing I can fault him for is stealing a civilians (my) ifrit while on cop and driving to HQ to seize claiming that he is Captain and he doesn't have the follow APD rules.

The fact is, people the Lieutenants are disheartened with the state of the APD's leadership. The people pleaser Captains are not doing what is in the best interest of the force.  It is time for change.

Sneaky was correct in saying that the state of the APD is a snowball rolling down a hill.  Someones needs to stand in the way of its downfall.  The force needs a change.  It is not in a good state and considering how large of an impact this has on the servers as a whole, I truly hope that the community managers step in.

@bamfWe are calling on you and Trilligy to come back as the real Chief of Police and clean up this disaster.  I know you guys don't want to, I know it won't be easy.  But it is has sadly come to the point where this is necessary.

-----------------------------------------

Removed the audio file of my removal as was asked.

-----------------------------------------

16c8BWD.jpg

Edited by Ranger
Fluxah, Millar, Matthew and 21 others like this
15 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Despite having some sort of transvestite lady boy as his avatar

Not that this really has to do with anything , but why the hell does everyone else on the forums except the captain / Ex Admin have to follow guidelines on post stuff but this dude (Hypanious) is a teacher IRL with a fucking transvestite picture. 

Side note: You've always been a great cop, and ITS META GAMING if your fucking giving people points for things outside of asylum. You are taking material that wasnt said in asylum or asylum related area's.

And To all the cops selling money :

stop fucking selling money if your a cop. You are the reason why everything trickles down to corruption

Edited by Sugarfoot
Harley, Shepurd and Chapo like this
19 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Well... here goes.  Quite a bit to say on this topic, so wall of text likely incoming.  Maybe I can bring the thread back on topic.

As most of you probably know, I was a Lieutenant until very recently.  I still don't know why I was demoted or what I did other than "something bad" and "corruption" or "lost my trust".  But this really isn't about that, this is about the Captains.

So let me tell you what I know about the Captains and why I believe that a change of the guard is in order.

Right off the bat, when these news Captains were instilled, some of the Lieutenants tried to be involved in the "new APD", asking to be involved in policy making.  Hypanius laughed and said that coming to us for policy ideas would be a bad idea and that he would make the decisions. Despite having some sort of transvestite lady boy as his avatar, Hypanius becomes overwhelmed and demotes people for making lighthearted jokes about his name.  I won't forget joining a support channel wherein an ongoing discussion with Hypanus was happening about said nicknames when I mentioned that Scott referred to him as "Hypermoose" and he threatened to demote me if I ever said that again.  It became clear early on that this Captain maintained some sort of personal desire to see me removed.

After responding to an officer report against RoguePilot who I had not been in a gang with for 35+ days, Hypanius gave me points for processing a gangmate claiming that "he felt like I had been in a gang with him and that i deserved points" despite having no proof.  I had previously been told due to my heavy gang involvement to not process anyone who I was a in a gang within 30 days with.

He then later finally removed me for reasons still unknown to me.  Many of you have heard the conversation.  I asked why I was being removed and if I could be offered at least an explanation, let alone evidence, and was told that "we can't tell you what, but you did something bad".

Following this incident, said Captain Hypanius removed Ex-Lieutenant Bloodhound's Corporal rank because Bloodhound banned him from the FSA teamspeak.  Apparently Captain's power now extends into private gang teamspeak servers.

My Captain report resulted in the following.  That is the only response.

There are a number of 2nd LTs and veteran Lieutenants who have come across as heavily disappointed in the current direction and recent actions of the APDs current leadership.

Now, for me this isn't about my removal or Hypanius alone.  This is about the leadership of the force as a whole and the reasons why I sought the Lieutenant position in the first place.  Whether or not you thought I was a good Lieutenant, and I have received a lot of support from people insisting that I was, but either way I worked for the position so that I could support the police force that made Asylum a great place when I joined in 2014.  Those were my only intentions as cop, I defended the cop force, got on every day to help them fight the uphill battle and provide leadership at the Bank/Fed/Prison.  I fought for a fair fight for rebels and to create a positive roleplay environment and all it did was get me removed.  Apparently I tried to create a fun environment one too many times and somehow violated some rule unknown to me.  All I have been able to gather is that it was related to the trial by combat system.

When Ed was chosen I was a little perplexed.  Joined the APD after the 6.0 patch and had been a Lieutenant for less time than me when he was selected for Captain.  Not only was he relatively inexperienced in APD terms, frequently asking policy questions and often tapping other LTs for thoughts on officer reports, but he was inexperienced in Arma itself by community standards (600 hours at the time?).  But now we have Ed and these Captains pushing to remove age limits from cop?

The fact is, people the Lieutenants are disheartened with the state of the APD's leadership. The people pleaser Captains are not doing what is in the best interest of the force.  It is time for change.

Sneaky was correct in saying that the state of the APD is a snowball rolling down a hill.  Someones needs to stand in the way of its downfall.  The force needs a change.  It is not in a good state and considering how large of an impact this has on the servers as a whole, I truly hope that the community managers step in.

@bamfWe are calling on you and Trilligy to come back as the real Chief of Police and clean up this disaster.  I know you guys don't want to, I know it won't be easy.  But it is has sadly come to the point where this is necessary.

------------------------------------------

EDIT: Maybe this should be heard.  If the admins want me to remove this part, just send me a message, no need to delete the post.

16c8BWD.jpg

Balls Deep baby....Balls Deep............................................

Atmosphere, NotSoNutty, rngr and 1 other like this
18 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Right off the bat, when these news Captains were instilled, some of the Lieutenants tried to be involved in the "new APD", asking to be involved in policy making.  Hypanius laughed and said that coming to us for policy ideas would be a bad idea and that he would make the decisions. Despite having some sort of transvestite lady boy as his avatar, Hypanius becomes overwhelmed and demotes people for making lighthearted jokes about his name.  I won't forget joining a support channel wherein an ongoing discussion with Hypanus was happening about said nicknames when I mentioned that Scott referred to him as "Hypermoose" and he threatened to demote me if I ever said that again.  It became clear early on that this Captain maintained some sort of personal desire to see me removed.

He then later finally removed me for reasons still unknown to me.  Many of you have heard the conversation.  I asked why I was being removed and if I could be offered at least an explanation, let alone evidence, and was told that "we can't tell you what, but you did something bad".

My Captain report resulted in the following.  That is the only response.

EDIT: Maybe this should be heard.  If the admins want me to remove this part, just send me a message, no need to delete the post.

16c8BWD.jpg

Fuck the captains man... its amazing how some of the current captains were such good cops and nice ones at that. Once you do one thing to a captain/higher up they will do whatever they can and make the most utter bullshit to get you removed. and he wont talk to you alone? boyyy 

Gatorade likes this
5 hours ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

Before the thread gets RIP I just want to say one thing

You're all fucking cowards for not saying who you don't like. Anyone who said "certain captain" or "we all know" should be demoted for having no backbone. How are they supposed to know why they aren't liked and try and fix it if people are afraid of losing that picture on teamspeak?

*you're meaning anyone in the APD

yeah... This +1 the fuck out of this.