Stop trying ( Asylum Community )

FozzyBear

Community   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Administrative team of Asylum listen to their Community?

• Yes, they do.
    • No, they do not
    • Other.

Guys as we can all see it...  I would like to announce to the majority of our members that we can stop trying to come with suggestions or put input to the Administrative team of Asylum. It has come to my attention that everything that we try to help out gets just roasted away with no reason.

Remember Bamf his thread: "Bugs that bug you" I have seen 10% of those bugs getting fixed but what about 90% what the community put in??

Krypton & Diseased their endless threads praying to get a better Cartel System? Ignored/Removed/Locked due retards.

I wouldn't doubt that my thread will get removed aswell. I'm okay with that but for the ones that read this: Spread the word.

Now to our 'Community Manager(s)' a portion (40%?) of members have not seen you perform to make Asylums service better it is more of a bluff to be honest.

Can i get a response that actually doesn't go offtopic and gives us a GOOD reason why right now

• Kryptons thread was locked ( Very good info about cartels that need fixing )
  • Diseased his thread for a better cartel system was ignored

EDIT; As of what i recently read by one of the Admins

"The Cartel thread was removed because the creator decided to insult Paratus in his opening post. Insulting other players, Administrators, etc is a violation of our forum rules and guidelines, and as such the thread was removed.  - Gnash "

Edited by FozzyBear
NotSoNutty likes this
4 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Can i get a response that actually doesn't go offtopic and gives us a GOOD reason why right now

• Kryptons thread was locked ( Very good info about cartels that need fixing )
  • Diseased his thread for a better cartel system was ignored

A) 

minutes ago, Gnashes said:

The Cartel thread was removed because the creator decided to insult Paratus in his opening post. Insulting other players, Administrators, etc is a violation of our forum rules and guidelines, and as such the thread was removed.

B ) There are things in many cartel threads that players dont understand and look at from a developer/administrator standpoint.

Many members do not understand things from a dev perspective and think it's all about them

Its not

Please stop turning the forums into a cesspool now.

Another one of these..... The admin team and Paratus were always ready to listen to new suggestions and improvements to the community. I've been here for a year and a half, and i can say that 90% of the suggestions that were well constructed got implemented. Shitposting about how Paratus doesnt know what the community wants isnt going to take you anywhere.

My suggestions aren't ridiculous in my opinion. I do think the money cap is a good thing. I do thing that the group cap is a good thing. But i also think that with school I don't really have the time to play as much as I use to, and I ENJOY fighting cartels. And yes i farm here and there but i think that the cartel should be somewhat reverted to what it was in the "golden age" lets be honest there was a reason why so many people played then and i'm pretty sure the only reason people like "krypton and diseased" posted on the threads was that we trolled not bitch / ask for change, mainly because back then the system was near perfect, the only bad thing i disliked back then was people buying a shit ton of buying and basically did w/e they wanted.

Have cartels give more money / directly wire into gang account will not hurt economy, it will make more people buy guns / loadouts to fight for the cartels.

Edited by Diseased
5 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

We make an effort. You're all simply not in a position to see the amount of effort that many of us put into the server, aside from Player Reports, Compensation Requests, log-checking, etc, etc, etc.

I think there should be more staff (moderator or someone else who can help sort through that).

The current staff is too little for asylums population

Just now, Gnashes said:

Player Reports, Comp Reports, etc are all currently below 1 Page. Assuming several of us don't disappear at the same time, we have sufficient staff to handle everything.

Ahh I see. Just to add, adding more lower ranked staff could help admins focus on other, more pressing manners.... Since you guys always seem to be complaining about it.

All in all, I appreciate all the work the Admin team has done throughout my time here.

Eric916 likes this

This can be summed up in 3 ways.

1. You have no idea what work it takes to implement or correct those issues. Leaving you unable to sympathize with restricted time frames, personal lives, or families when attempting to constantly bring an enjoyable and functional play experience to thousands of people.

2. You do know what it takes but have no idea the scope of what Asylum has become and the enormous amount of content that has accumulated. Not considering the ripple effect that takes place when making changes in the first place.

3. You are aware of all this and are just a typical entitled Asylum brat who demands that others work tirelessly to meet your standards.

IndianapolisJones likes this
25 minutes ago, Mac said:

This can be summed up in 3 ways.

1. You have no idea what work it takes to implement or correct those issues. Leaving you unable to sympathize with restricted time frames, personal lives, or families when attempting to constantly bring an enjoyable and functional play experience to thousands of people.

2. You do know what it takes but have no idea the scope of what Asylum has become and the enormous amount of content that has accumulated. Not considering the ripple effect that takes place when making changes in the first place.

3. You are aware of all this and are just a typical entitled Asylum brat who demands that others work tirelessly to meet your standards.

i doubt simple changes (like reverting the cartel system to the old way it was when money went straight to the gang account) are that hard. 

My "banning" administrator (not going to specify his name) still has not responded reacted to my ban (or any administrator). Don't bother, I have a sensible clarification/explation of my 3 day ban. It has been 5-6 days since I documented the appeal. This is one reason why I MIGHT be leaving Asylum. It just irritates me. I assure you this post won't be taken in consideration of the managers.

- Triggr

3 minutes ago, john_gotti said:

I don't, but I'm sure reverting back to something that has already been coded should not be hard.

Although bugs may pop up in the process.

Ok, so that's an example of #1.

Each bug is hours or days of work to fix, which can (and most likely will) begat more bugs.

Add in that everyone developing has actual adult lives to manage, the amount of work being done for little to no pay is substantial.

I used the term entitled brats because those types of people can't even consider this and only want to be satisfied personally. A never satisfied community that complains 10000x more than voicing any appreciation.

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

Ok, so that's an example of #1.

Each bug is hours or days of work to fix, which can (and most likely will) begat more bugs.

Add in that everyone developing has actual adult lives to manage, the amount of work being done for little to no pay is substantial.

I used the term entitled brats because those types of people can't even consider this and only want to be satisfied personally. A never satisfied community that complains 10000x more than voicing any appreciation.

I agree, but I believe he should at least take the time to improve something that the portion of the community has strongly voiced their opinion on and wishes for, or tell us if he plans too. Otherwise he's done great work with the new mod which has probably taken a lot of time. But it is his server so he can do whatever he wants with it, and he can choose ultimately where to take it.

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Compensation Requests

While I agree and realize you personally can't do anything to edit server files and fix the game, and I know a lot of the admins DO care what the players have to say, mainly because I have been here for a LONG time. I lost my licenses and ask for comp, sat in the teamspeak for 3-4 weeks. NEVER got messaged or talked to once.

When the server got hacked and the forums were fucked up and everyone had glitched houses, I asked for help immediately, there was no format on the forums at the time I asked for help, I posted on the forums on the 27th of December asking for help, Olio messaged back on the 31st on December, telling me to use the correct format, by this point my houses were fixed and I didn't have them anymore. It wasn't until February 28th that Starance finally got around to helping me with the money from the houses and getting my account fixed. 

Just now, john_gotti said:

But it is his server so he can do whatever he wants with it, and he can choose ultimately where to take it.

Freeman%20705.jpg

Just now, john_gotti said:

I agree, but I believe he should at least take the time to improve something that the portion of the community has strongly voiced their opinion on and wishes for, or tell us if he plans too.

This community has NEVER stopped "voicing their opinions". Fuck, it seems to be all it does. I wouldn't be responding by now either.

3 minutes ago, Diseased said:

I mean we got modded server so I'm content for awhile, everyone Will always be wanting something. It just seems a vast majority want cartel incentives.

I'm in that same boat, there's no monetary benefit to dying/killing at a cartel. It's just a money pit. But every conversation has a point where it crosses over into "beating a dead horse". Being an Admin for other servers, on a slew of other games, I sympathize with those who have to absorb the frustrations that are regurgitated constantly on here. Again, it's a thankless job. You constantly have kids bitching about things they wouldn't have the slightest inkling on how to fix.

Volunteer281 likes this

@FozzyBear I'm going to address your original post and a number of the subsequent replies in the most straightforward way possible.

Suggestions are just that, suggestions. Over the past couple years, there have been a lot of them. Some good, some bad.

Ultimately, Paratus decides which are which for his community. Despite the level of involvement and devotion we all feel towards this community, at the end of the day Paratus is in charge and will decide what he feels is best for the community and his creative vision. This will not always be what people want. A lot of changes can be bewildering to the admin staff too, but what you need to understand is that this is Paratus' baby. Neither you, nor I, have the right to demand change. We can suggest, plead, beg and bitch but ultimately he'll do what he thinks is best.

Additionally, admins are janitors. We clean up. Our impact on development is precisely nil. We can suggest things, just like you, but as stated above it's up to Paratus to pick and choose the suggestions (if any) he wants to implement. 

Lastly, there is a common thread among unsuccessful suggestions. They either disregard balance, don't fit with established gameplay or are really just complaints/insults masquerading as suggestions. These three basic issues harpoon a good portion of suggestions from the get-go. 

If you want a suggestions to have a decent chance, do what Krypton did. Make a simple, matter of fact thread discussing it, preferably with a poll to help quantify the response. Make a reasonable request in a respectful way. Make sure it doesn't fuck balance up. Let it go if Paratus doesn't decide to use it. 

And as a broader note that isn't directed at anyone specifically, don't make helping you more trouble than it's worth. Don't denigrate every single attempt at appeasement, only to turn around and decry the lack of community feedback implementation.

3 hours ago, Diseased said:

My suggestions aren't ridiculous in my opinion.

Well duh! No one ever thinks their suggestions are ridiculous, look at 90% of Kyrptons suggestions lol...side not, I am not saying your suggestions are ridiculous :D

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Player Reports, Comp Reports, etc are all currently below 1 Page. Assuming several of us don't disappear at the same time, we have sufficient staff to handle everything.

Cleaned up 6 pages of un-answered comp reports on Saturday! <3 Only took me 7 hours :D

1 hour ago, Triggr said:

My "banning" administrator (not going to specify his name) still has not responded reacted to my ban (or any administrator). Don't bother, I have a sensible clarification/explation of my 3 day ban. It has been 5-6 days since I documented the appeal. This is one reason why I MIGHT be leaving Asylum. It just irritates me. I assure you this post won't be taken in consideration of the managers.

- Triggr

I agree with this totally. I have told @bamf and @Motown how to simplify this and I don't think any ban appeal should go unanswered. I would be VERY VERY frustrated if I made a ban appeal and had no idea what I did. How are players suppose to learn or fix their mistakes without being spoken too? Ban appeal should be part of our requirements to be a staff, but there has been no implementations placed to penalize us Admins for not simply answering them. But I must include, that sometimes, players don't follow the appropriate format which makes it really hard for us to find the ban appeal intended for us (i.e. Your Name (Admin Name)). If players don't do that, they are most likely going to go unanswered. 

1 hour ago, Wubz said:

While I agree and realize you personally can't do anything to edit server files and fix the game, and I know a lot of the admins DO care what the players have to say, mainly because I have been here for a LONG time. I lost my licenses and ask for comp, sat in the teamspeak for 3-4 weeks. NEVER got messaged or talked to once.

When the server got hacked and the forums were fucked up and everyone had glitched houses, I asked for help immediately, there was no format on the forums at the time I asked for help, I posted on the forums on the 27th of December asking for help, Olio messaged back on the 31st on December, telling me to use the correct format, by this point my houses were fixed and I didn't have them anymore. It wasn't until February 28th that Starance finally got around to helping me with the money from the houses and getting my account fixed. 

Yeah comps can be a real pain in the ass to get too. Once again, the system we currently use on the forums is very primitive to what I feel we should use. A lot of comps get buried because whenever we comment on a post, it gets brought to the top of the list (i.e. Comp Given, Comp approved, etc.). What we have to do is custom search the posts by threads unlocked which can be more of a hassle than you think. 

7 hours ago, Killswitch said:

Well duh! No one ever thinks their suggestions are ridiculous, look at 90% of Kyrptons suggestions lol...side not, I am not saying your suggestions are ridiculous :D

Cleaned up 6 pages of un-answered comp reports on Saturday! <3 Only took me 7 hours :D

I agree with this totally. I have told @bamf and @Motown how to simplify this and I don't think any ban appeal should go unanswered. I would be VERY VERY frustrated if I made a ban appeal and had no idea what I did. How are players suppose to learn or fix their mistakes without being spoken too? Ban appeal should be part of our requirements to be a staff, but there has been no implementations placed to penalize us Admins for not simply answering them. But I must include, that sometimes, players don't follow the appropriate format which makes it really hard for us to find the ban appeal intended for us (i.e. Your Name (Admin Name)). If players don't do that, they are most likely going to go unanswered. 

Yeah comps can be a real pain in the ass to get too. Once again, the system we currently use on the forums is very primitive to what I feel we should use. A lot of comps get buried because whenever we comment on a post, it gets brought to the top of the list (i.e. Comp Given, Comp approved, etc.). What we have to do is custom search the posts by threads unlocked which can be more of a hassle than you think. 

What suggestions are mine are crazy? Hmm I guess 85% of the community wants crazy then?

27 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

What suggestions are mine are crazy? Hmm I guess 85% of the community wants crazy then?

85% of the 10% that use the forums....  Maybe if you would articulate things in a way that doesnt scream whiny child people would take you more serious man.

Vash likes this
9 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

WHo isn't taking us serious besides admins and career cops?

Not even 10% of the community voted on your thread. Just because you have 90% of likes in your favor, doesnt mean 90% of the players here want it to change.

Lets be honest @Paratus Asylum is slowly dying. You probably don't see it yet, but the community and I can already see the steady decline. 

What I recommend is more incentives being added to cartels. Because currently Arms dealer isn`t worth fighting for as well as the other cartels. 

For Arms dealer I recommend that 10% of any weapon purchase on altis be put into a fridge at Arms. 

Another way to make cartels better would be to remove the money caps that are on the fridges.

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Lets be honest @Paratus Asylum is slowly dying. You probably don't see it yet, but the community and I can already see the steady decline. 

What I recommend is more incentives being added to cartels. Because currently Arms dealer isn`t worth fighting for as well as the other cartels. 

For Arms dealer I recommend that 10% of any weapon purchase on altis be put into a fridge at Arms. 

Another way to make cartels better would be to remove the money caps that are on the fridges.

Put the 10% into gang bank like before

Churu likes this

How about @Paratus just instead tries to listen to the community. We all understand this is all his and he can do with it as he pleases but you can't just go and do stuff alone.

Listening to others is a big part of doing something successfully. Now i don't understand why Paratus gets help from others, im pretty sure a big part of the Admin team is willing to help code along side Paratus.

Asylum could actually be better if there were more developers helping Paratus with his code, even 1 or 2 extra developers is actually enough. Then trying the ideas that the community want is not bad, example is try something that people suggest and want, if it dosent work out then simply remove it or change it slightly to make it work. I'm well aware being a sqf developer myself a lot of shit is difficult or does not work but some ideas are not out of our reach.

Example for all of this is fixing the federal reserve, it cannot be too difficult! For a start make gold bars slightly worth more money, say 30-35k instead of 28k, or just simply increase the amount of gold bars, Time everything and make sure a full on fed with a driller always working should not take more than lets say 45 min.... and have maybe have 1 or 2 towers available for use during the fed. After that cops have swat ladders so they have ways of getting in the fed, they have 4 ladders for 4-5 locations. Place one on each side and cops have a way of getting in, or just yolo open the gate and rush in with vehicles. 

Edited by Churu
Just now, Churu said:

How about @Paratus just instead tries to listen to the community. We all understand this is all his and he can do with it as he pleases but you can't just go and do stuff alone.

Listening to others is a big part of doing something successfully. Now i don't understand why Paratus gets help from others, im pretty sure a big part of the Admin team is willing to help code along side Paratus.

Asylum could actually be better if there were more developers helping Paratus with his code, even 1 or 2 extra developers is actually enough. Then trying the ideas that the community want is not bad, example is try something that people suggest and want, if it dosent work out then simply remove it or change it slightly to make it work. I'm well aware being a sqf developer myself a lot of shit is difficult or does not work but some ideas are not out of our reach.

He's worried that his code will be compromised....but we can already obtain most of Asylum code by extracting the .pro mission file...maybe not some database and server-side stuff...but I can get working scripts such as the cartels, defib, etc. So more devs can't hurt

1 minute ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

He's worried that his code will be compromised....but we can already obtain most of Asylum code by extracting the .pro mission file...maybe not some database and server-side stuff...but I can get working scripts such as the cartels, defib, etc. So more devs can't hurt

I dont understand tho why the code should be compromised, this is asylum, not half life 3. Even i made a small training server for my friends and i that include working blood bags, repair scripts and cartels.... Nothing too shaggy, besides if he dosent want his code too compromised he can always send the 1 file he needs help with to another dev and tell him to fix it... Another way is asking fellow devs to fix bugs on asylum and he himself can work on new features 

FozzyBear likes this
7 minutes ago, Churu said:

I dont understand tho why the code should be compromised, this is asylum, not half life 3. Even i made a small training server for my friends and i that include working blood bags, repair scripts and cartels.... Nothing too shaggy, besides if he dosent want his code too compromised he can always send the 1 file he needs help with to another dev and tell him to fix it... Another way is asking fellow devs to fix bugs on asylum and he himself can work on new features 

Yeah i agree