Change log 6.8.6

bamf

Just now, Rusty:) said:

I just hope the guns go back to the normal price's, and I agree with these grenades taken out, or at least make them cost more, they just get abused, people throw like 30 of them and blow like 5 people up. That aint fun at all lol.

Especially since there is no counter to grenades.

@KBW There is annoying bug for cops that is for awhile now. Basically when a cop wants to give a blood bag/revive/painkillers/splint 95% of the time it won't work, you get an option to do it, but it just won't work until you will wait until scroll wheel options disappear then you can do it, not really big or game breaking bug, but really annoying one.

30 minutes ago, Pentax said:

@KBW There is annoying bug for cops that is for awhile now. Basically when a cop wants to give a blood bag/revive/painkillers/splint 95% of the time it won't work, you get an option to do it, but it just won't work until you will wait until scroll wheel options disappear then you can do it, not really big or game breaking bug, but really annoying one.

Took me a good minute, but I found the cause of the issue, thanks for mentioning it.

Sergio and rngr like this
5 minutes ago, KBW said:

Took me a good minute, but I found the cause of the issue, thanks for mentioning it.

Nice <3

Edit: Another one which I'm not sure about. Cop undercover gear does not sync when you log out or when server restarts. Id if a bug or a feature, if a feature I don't really see a point for it not to sync.

Edited by Pentax
6 hours ago, Pentax said:

Edit: Another one which I'm not sure about. Cop undercover gear does not sync when you log out or when server restarts. Id if a bug or a feature, if a feature I don't really see a point for it not to sync.

Pretty annoying and costly if it's a bug.  If it's an intended mechanic, well that's fine just let us know. 

Also when you spawn in as UC you have a default Y inventory, but it sometimes gets doubled.  So we have 2 defibs, 4 splints etc. and I'm pretty sure that's not intended.  If UC gear not syncing is intended that's cool, but at least fix the Y getting doubled :D  (Also Jaws of life doesn't work as cop afaik)

Props to you @KBW, and all the others that helped you.  I'm totally in love with the changes we're seeing!

Pentax likes this
1 hour ago, Olivia said:

Pretty annoying and costly if it's a bug.  If it's an intended mechanic, well that's fine just let us know. 

Also when you spawn in as UC you have a default Y inventory, but it sometimes gets doubled.  So we have 2 defibs, 4 splints etc. and I'm pretty sure that's not intended.  If UC gear not syncing is intended that's cool, but at least fix the Y getting doubled :D  (Also Jaws of life doesn't work as cop afaik)

Props to you @KBW, and all the others that helped you.  I'm totally in love with the changes we're seeing!

There is no spot in the database that currently saves the UC loadout data, so assume it is an intended mechanic (for now).  I've always been interested in saving that data, so perhaps now we will reconsider that.  

The Y doubling would definitely be a bug.  We can fix that fairly easily since the UCs should always spawn with a standard Y menu loadout.  

Jaws of Life likely only applies to medic cops, but we can dig into it to see.

Olivia likes this
3 minutes ago, bamf said:

There is no spot in the database that currently saves the UC loadout data, so assume it is an intended mechanic (for now).  I've always been interested in saving that data, so perhaps now we will reconsider that.  

The Y doubling would definitely be a bug.  We can fix that fairly easily since the UCs should always spawn with a standard Y menu loadout.  

Jaws of Life likely only applies to medic cops, but we can dig into it to see.

Would love to if undercover cop gear would save, like I literally don't see any reason for it not to save as far as balancing goes. Probably was forgotten to completely finish it and never was checked again? My guess.

Edited by Pentax

Haven't skimmed through all the pages, but once again Y menu slightly broken again, it's spreading like a little kid vomitting after a rollercoaster, I'm not sure if this was on purpose but it was PERFECT a week ago.

Again nice patch, just some minor fixes such as gun prices/prices in general, Y menu and pulling players from vehicles.

+1

Feenix likes this
On 4/29/2016 at 11:00 AM, KBW said:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was very pleased with the progress that was able to be made on bugs this week.

I believe the new gang tags, which now display overhead as well as in death messages, will help identify who you're in RP with easier. We have additional plans in the future which will further this objective.

Welcome. Please dont turn into a lazy fuck like Paratus

iFox and Haych like this

@KBW

Sorry if this has been already said, but I'm too lazy to go through all the posts lol.

The gang tags is a great idea, it can get annoying when people run around without tags on Civ then only claim they're in a gang when its convenient!

Suggestions (I know that Gnashes said that this is only the first implementation of the system)

I think it would be awesome if we could set our custom gang tag in the gang menu.

Also, it would be nice to have gang tags show up in side chat/player list instead of just the kill feed. I don't know if ARMA will let you do that or not.

Other than that, awesome patch!

1 hour ago, ATF MG007 said:

Also, it would be nice to have gang tags show up in side chat/player list instead of just the kill feed. I don't know if ARMA will let you do that or not.

Yes, he will be able to do this. The Gang/Group name will replace the default group you get in front of your name in sidechat.

So instead of it saying Alpha 1-2 it will be replaced by Gang/Group name

8 hours ago, Olivia said:

(Also Jaws of life doesn't work as cop afaik)

You only need that talent if you are a civilian, medics and cops are able to pull out unconscious by default.

Not sure if that's what you meant, or if you were trying to say that the pullout unconscious action wasn't working?

Just now, KBW said:

You only need that talent if you are a civilian, medics and cops are able to pull out unconscious by default.

Not sure if that's what you meant, or if you were trying to say that the pullout unconscious action wasn't working?

It's actually not working. (at least for cops, didn't try on civ)

Edited by Pentax
2 minutes ago, Pentax said:

It's actually not working. (at least for cops, didn't try on civ)

It worked well enough in testing, although it does use a wonky method of creating an AI and cycling him through all of the seats to pop players out, for lack of a better method...

Olivia likes this
Just now, hamsham12 said:

@KBW

Any word on whether you can get tags for gangs such as:

Envy = Nv

FSA = FSA

Synergy = Syn

stuff like this, the first and last works for some gangs, but not all..

hate seeing "ey"

A method for choosing a tag can be sorted for the next build, limited to characters actually within your gang name.

Blurp likes this
Just now, hamsham12 said:

Cool, also I agree with the clothing store to refill mags, any reasoning behind the logging out keeping mags? It just seems unnecessary 

Persistancy. When I played I always made it a point to never use every bullet in the magazine, so I would have infinite ammo. Not anymore.

5 minutes ago, KBW said:

Persistancy. When I played I always made it a point to never use every bullet in the magazine, so I would have infinite ammo. Not anymore.

While I agree its really rare to keep your gear for a long time, maximum uptime of 2 hours, for even the best players. Constant cartel fights, your gear maybe lasts 30 minutes. 

Its already expensive as hell to play rebel.

Jonah likes this
1 hour ago, KBW said:

A method for choosing a tag can be sorted for the next build, limited to characters actually within your gang name.

Why limited to characters within your gang name?

I mean there are some long standing tags out there that aren't from the gang name... [§], [-ß-]

Olivia and Roberino like this
12 hours ago, KBW said:

Yeah sorry I assumed Jaws of Life = pull out unconscious.  I was on cop in a medic slot and couldn't pull out a dead cop in a car.  Other non-medic cops couldn't do it either.

The best guns should be expensive, they were too cheap for people who had the capture bonuses for sure, but 29k at the top end for people without them seems too high even in my view.  23k without 19k lowest with capture bonuses and cut the gov out, they shouldn't get taxes off illegal stuff.  Leaves some incentive to actually make guns unlike before.

Interested to check out the group tag thing, sounds good.

pulling people form cars, thank god, lol.  So many times just dead on the road with a medic outside my car. :(

Overall seems good.

Edited by JimmyBeans
3 hours ago, Pentax said:

@bamf I see you finally managed to fix command camera nice ! Got that ringer message too, BABS will be seeing people now accessing it! :P

Group Lead still works however and this is much worse than having Command Camera. I can still Box and find people sniping/lurking in combat with ease. @bamf

Nice to see Command View fixed though

Edited by Haych