I've never found a game like this one before. And by that, I mean a game which I really, really want to like but which just isn't possible to like because the game seems to fight you at every turn. At first I was having problems with elements of the game that I simply didn't understand but then a player, (IFRIT)Mitch, came along and helped me out. Now I have a better understanding and what I have come to realise is that as a new player this game sadly offers far more frustration than fun. I know what I want to do in the game to make money but I need to buy a house first. I have scoured the island and they are all gone. I checked the Real Estate section of the game to realise that this is the section where you go to buy houses from other players at extortionately over prices amounts of money.

So I decided to forget about buying a house and just focus on earning money. I went back and forth multiple times between the oil refinery and the oil processing plant and just as I managed to fill my boat with processed oil, the server crashes and I lost the lot. I know I cannot get back the money I donated towards this game but I can guarantee there will be no more donations coming from me. I'm going back to playing some of my early access games, all of which have far less bugs and glitches than this game.

Feenix likes this

Don't let it turn you down. We all have to start somewhere, and nothing can stay smooth and easy at all times. As for the recent unhappy moments for you, I can only advise you to ask more often instead of jumping straight into it and ending up loosing more than gaining. When I first joined Asylum long time ago, I always asked in sidechat or sometimes on forums if there was things I was not sure about or didn't know. People here always ended up helping me, and that's how I went along. 

Olivia likes this
10 minutes ago, LostManAbroad said:

I've never found a game like this one before. And by that, I mean a game which I really, really want to like but which just isn't possible to like because the game seems to fight you at every turn. At first I was having problems with elements of the game that I simply didn't understand but then a player, (IFRIT)Mitch, came along and helped me out. Now I have a better understanding and what I have come to realise is that as a new player this game sadly offers far more frustration than fun. I know what I want to do in the game to make money but I need to buy a house first. I have scoured the island and they are all gone. I checked the Real Estate section of the game to realise that this is the section where you go to buy houses from other players at extortionately over prices amounts of money.

So I decided to forget about buying a house and just focus on earning money. I went back and forth multiple times between the oil refinery and the oil processing plant and just as I managed to fill my boat with processed oil, the server crashes and I lost the lot. I know I cannot get back the money I donated towards this game but I can guarantee there will be no more donations coming from me. I'm going back to playing some of my early access games, all of which have far less bugs and glitches than this game.

If your willing to give up this fast & are frustrated this easy,Then Altis Life isn't for you,I say this honestly.

Eric916, Flux, Binder and 2 others like this

It isn't the starting out that I'm struggling with. I have figured out how to make money. I can make roughly 30K in about an hour by diamond mining. I can make a hell of a lot more by processing and selling oil. The problem is that doing these things are very time consuming and quite boring. I am fully willing to do the more boring parts of the game in order to make money to finance the more fun parts of the game. What has put me off is spending long amounts of time doing the more boring parts of the game only to have something go wrong with the game just as I am reaching the final part of the money making venture causing me to lose everything I have just spent an hour, and quite often much longer, doing.

This is why I decided if I bought a house somewhere near the oil processing centre or the mineral processing centre then I can just fill up storage crates in my house with oil to sell or with diamonds to be processed. So I started looking for a house. After multiple hours across a couple days I searched for a house. They are all taken. I cannot find a house anywhere available. Someone on the forum pointed out to me that there is a Real Estate section to the forums so I looked there to find that the prices you are expected to pay are extortionately higher than the base price for a house.

Games should be played for fun. I really want to like this game but so far the amount of frustration I have experienced playing far exceeds the amount of fun I have had. That is why I am considering quitting. I am a role-player by nature so I expected this game would be perfect for me. What this game is trying to be just doesn't seem to hold up in practice from my point of view.

Unfortunately losing 100k+ isn't uncommon in Asylum.

Buying a house near a resource area (Cocaine, heroin, oil etc) WILL be expensive, because you can make money off it.

Try and do heroin. Do it in an offroad. You pick, process, sell, store. That's all. It's less complicated than oil and nothing can despawn on you.

I've had meth HEMTTs randomly explode with 130k worth of ingredients that took me hours to pick, and i've been shot at rebel holding 300k. It's part of Asylum's charm, it's a rough dog eat dog world and that's the best way to treat it, even in roleplay.

Das Otter likes this

Well, the universe it trying to tell me something now. With my luck I didn't want to try my hand at the illegal stuff because I am pretty sure I would get caught so instead I got in my Orca and headed back out to the oil rig. Half way there and my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro flight stick decided to stop working and I just lost a 110k helicopter. No this game isn't for me. While it might have the potential for some people to have fun, right now I am stressed, fucking angry and, for the sake of other people, grateful that I do not own a real gun.

13 minutes ago, LostManAbroad said:

Well, the universe it trying to tell me something now. With my luck I didn't want to try my hand at the illegal stuff because I am pretty sure I would get caught so instead I got in my Orca and headed back out to the oil rig. Half way there and my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro flight stick decided to stop working and I just lost a 110k helicopter. No this game isn't for me. While it might have the potential for some people to have fun, right now I am stressed, fucking angry and, for the sake of other people, grateful that I do not own a real gun.

Battleeye popped up and somehow AND ejected me from an EMT helicopter. The admins were great and gave me comp for it. They understand stuff happens. No reason to quit.

Edited by blaylocke
3 minutes ago, LostManAbroad said:

Yeah but this was an issue with my own hardware so there is no way they will give me a new orca. I was recording it but there is no way to prove from the recording that I crashed because of my flight stick and not pilot error.

I'll give you some money for that lost orca and we'll go do some heroin together. You'll get that money in no time. Shoot me a PM!

4 hours ago, LostManAbroad said:

I remember when I was eating dinner and really enjoying the food, then I bit my tongue. I will never ever eat food again because of that one bad experience..

Alright I know it's a shitty comparison but come on dude, if making money is so boring maybe just focus on role-playing (which requires little to no money). 

Papa bless

5 minutes ago, Sentinel Diesel said:

Sounds fair ... i guess that works in real life too. I wanna be your friend "digital gun" ... Play with me come on. 

worked for me

met one of my friends that way... holding him hostage, forcing him to kill people, then holding him hostage again in the police hq threatening to shove a peach up his butt

Edited by Henry Facesmasher
On 5/7/2016 at 11:08 AM, LostManAbroad said:

I know a cool admin who will hook you up with the money you lost in that oil operation if you are still interested message me with your player ID. There always some bugs here and there and crashes but the game is still very enjoyable. 

On 5/7/2016 at 0:50 PM, LostManAbroad said:

The problem is that doing these things are very time consuming and quite boring. I am fully willing to do the more boring parts of the game in order to make money to finance the more fun parts of the game. 

That is a very important part of the game because when you kill that fully geared person or steal their Helicopter or a HEMTT you get more satisfaction out of it knowing that they had to do these boring parts of the game to make this money. If there is no effort in making money they become absolutely meaningless.

If we gave everyone in the game 100 million it would not be as enjoyable I guarantee it. 

On 5/7/2016 at 0:50 PM, LostManAbroad said:

It isn't the starting out that I'm struggling with. I have figured out how to make money. I can make roughly 30K in about an hour by diamond mining. I can make a hell of a lot more by processing and selling oil. The problem is that doing these things are very time consuming and quite boring. I am fully willing to do the more boring parts of the game in order to make money to finance the more fun parts of the game. What has put me off is spending long amounts of time doing the more boring parts of the game only to have something go wrong with the game just as I am reaching the final part of the money making venture causing me to lose everything I have just spent an hour, and quite often much longer, doing.

August will be roughly my third year on asylum, and yeah, it's annoying as fuck. The server is a crippling spiral that's downgrading day by day. Play 1 month with atleast 1 hour a day for 14 days. Apply to become a cop. Go through the cadet week, make friends with people who aren't suck up little bitches and learn how to play the game, make money from cop and then come have fun on civ.

Eric916 likes this
On 5/7/2016 at 9:50 AM, LostManAbroad said:

This is why I decided if I bought a house somewhere near the oil processing centre or the mineral processing centre then I can just fill up storage crates in my house with oil to sell or with diamonds to be processed. So I started looking for a house. After multiple hours across a couple days I searched for a house. They are all taken. I cannot find a house anywhere available. Someone on the forum pointed out to me that there is a Real Estate section to the forums so I looked there to find that the prices you are expected to pay are extortionately higher than the base price for a house.

Games should be played for fun. I really want to like this game but so far the amount of frustration I have experienced playing far exceeds the amount of fun I have had. That is why I am considering quitting. I am a role-player by nature so I expected this game would be perfect for me. What this game is trying to be just doesn't seem to hold up in practice from my point of view.

What your complaining about is literally something we have all been through. I have lost more hours of work than I would ever want to waste. I'm not a vet by far but im seasoned and i'll tell you this losing shit is the #1 thing you have to get over if you want to play this game. Like someone said if your willing to give up so quickly then this game isn't for you. I think one of the biggest differences between Veteran players and noobs is that Vets don't even say anything usually when they die. maybe "GG" or "GF" or maybe just "lol" but when noobs die it's like the sob story of the century in side. 
I hate seeing people lose stuff but it's the name of the game. You just have to be aware of the bugs and how to avoid them etc. The more you work at it the more comfortable you'll be.

66593330.jpg

Edited by eric91611