Server 6 update

Everyone-  

The new version of the Australia map was released last night.  I have a ton of tweaks to do to move things around due to new map locations, features, etc, so I have taken S6 offline for now while I do these updates.  

In my first pass through the editor, I do see some exciting new buildings that I hope I can use for things.  I'll also be re-evaluating the weaponry, money making, and other features that have been requested by the community.  Hopefully we can bring S6 back to where it was those first few weeks because I really enjoyed the game play over there.  

Thanks,  

Bamf

I keep trying to play S6 and it won't even let me in. It keeps kicking me in the lobby. I thought I would go and redownload all the mods, but I think Paratus removed it from the workshop. :l

I haven't messed with anything besides have them updated and I downloaded the ones Paratus added a few months ago. 

Any chance you could help me with this? @bamf

Edited by Drew
Marco likes this

if money transfers over, that will for sure help the popularity although i see the negative points too

if altis money can go to australia but not the other way around it should ensure people can't make insane amounts of money making meth on an empty server but not sure if that's possible;p

Edited by warl0ck
Flashpoint likes this
3 hours ago, warl0ck said:

if money transfers over, that will for sure help the popularity although i see the negative points too

if altis money can go to australia but not the other way around it should ensure people can't make insane amounts of money making meth on an empty server but not sure if that's possible;p

If they transfer, then its not gonna be empty anymore :P

Instead of our bank accounts being identical on both servers, maybe we could go to the Altis Government building and transfer a certain amount of money "across seas" to our Australia bank account, and likewise transfer back from Australia to Altis.

To avoid it becoming just a second bank account that lets people avoid money cap, you could limit the # of transfers allowed per week, must be a transfer of at least $100k (with some tax taken off) for example and only transfers to the other server are allowed and not withdrawals from your other bank account.

Edited by Olivia
Mike Stmria and ATF MG007 like this

Even though most people are on the "Hate server 6" bandwagon, it really was never finished... There are a list of things that needed to change and it was broken in the current (as of yesterday) state. It still has the potential to be the best server out of all of them by far. You need to add exciting end game or people are going to be bored and leave just like before. We need a bank/fed(yes, with walls, not the stuff we had before)/balanced cops/balanced prison break/actual good cartel locations. Accomplish this and it will be amazing. 

Word to the wise though, server 6 already has a bad wrap. Please take all the time you need to really iron everything out.

Edited by Hubschrauber
6 hours ago, Hubschrauber said:

Please take all the time you need to really iron everything out.

I think there are problems with the map/mods that should be discussed out before putting in days of work. Right now there's a server 6 feedback thread. Lets discuss openly, devs, admins and members to find out what we really want. 

@bamf you listening to the community and just being interactive has changed alot. Can we see that again at an open discussion out server 6?

10 hours ago, Midamaru said:

What does him being retired having to make to this? He's making a suggestion like any other player and he can voice his opinion as freely as you can. 

simple,. his opinion is always negative , especially for something he never really did , people talk from afar. so being retired and in the latter position of a admin I would assume that his support for any and all projects from asylum would and should be fully supported/. I have yet to see that , luckily now he is retired ,a priviledged position doesn't and shouldn't be ran by someone who always has something negative to say about team work

1 minute ago, Karl Lennox said:

simple,. his opinion is always negative , especially for something he never really did , people talk from afar. so being retired and in the latter position of a admin I would assume that his support for any and all projects from asylum would and should be fully supported/. I have yet to see that , luckily now he is retired ,a priviledged position doesn't and shouldn't be ran by someone who always has something negative to say about team work

His opinion negative or positive is his own decision. If a person supports an idea he should do so if he wants to and not because he's supposed to. 

His comment is about the popularity of a server. The statistics are downright sad and they come with reason; People don't like server 6 as is. Suggesting to rather put effort into a modded altis server is a fine suggestion. His critism is usefull, however your personal claims on what he should and should not do are kinda pointless and insulting. 

Please mind your own business, i don't think you even know how much budbringer has meant for this community. 

Olivia, Budbringer, Chau and 3 others like this
5 minutes ago, Karl Lennox said:

huh, when have I ever been negative?

Just because I was an admin doesnt mean I will blindly say that everything is the best idea ever, I didn't do that as an admin either, and thats not being negative. Lets be real here, aussie life have no players, there are a lot of things that are wrong with the server. If asylum were to dedicate time to it, then it would take a lot of time to fix it into a state where its popular, and in my opinion, its better to spend that time on other projects that have more upside, such as a modded altis server or Tanoa

1 hour ago, Karl Lennox said:

Everyone in this community has the right to voice their opinion, as long as it is constructive and non-toxic. Anders (Budbringer) is an Asylum veteran and I'm sure he did more for Asylum just by scratching his balls than you.

Edited by Vash
Midamaru likes this
3 hours ago, Midamaru said:

I think there are problems with the map/mods that should be discussed out before putting in days of work. Right now there's a server 6 feedback thread. Lets discuss openly, devs, admins and members to find out what we really want. 

@bamf you listening to the community and just being interactive has changed alot. Can we see that again at an open discussion out server 6?

Getting back on topic, I think he knows very well that some mods need to be taken out and some of the mods need to not be so restrained as they have been before. The Police Crown Victoria's need to be removed for instance and unlock access to the myriad of guns already in the game but locked off. I think the "hate on server 6" bandwagon is going pretty strong though, almost to a undeserving level and people need to simply give it a chance again. 

Olivia likes this
23 minutes ago, Hubschrauber said:

Getting back on topic, I think he knows very well that some mods need to be taken out and some of the mods need to not be so restrained as they have been before. The Police Crown Victoria's need to be removed for instance and unlock access to the myriad of guns already in the game but locked off. I think the "hate on server 6" bandwagon is going pretty strong though, almost to a undeserving level and people need to simply give it a chance again. 

My biggest problem was frame rate tbh and I don't think I'm alone on that.  

I know civs had valid complaints about the bad locations of gathering/processing areas but bamf said he's revisited it.  So to be quite frank I think S6 needs some TLC with respect to frame rate, memory leaks and bugs and not so much attention to more mods/guns/cars/features etc.

Vash and Bob Danaloo like this

just like u said everyone has a right to a opinion and mine is when he comments , its usually negative and he a=has a voice I doubt he needs people speaking up for him . and him being a admin doesn't mean hop on all ideas but ur not sharing ideas ur just commenting negatively about the server and how u want it changed to 5 if im correct that's ur argument. well same here , not everyone likes 5 and 6 is newer bigger and well it is better, as far as fixes go yea it needs work but that's what im saying its not how it does like hubs comments are he had a fully descriptive outline as to how to help the server , hes not a admin last I check and that's way better info then trolling the server comments.. so yea if he was then I would hold him to a higher standard, and If I was apart of the community like I am I would try to shape how we can grow from it rather than destroying it because ur computer is too slow or whatever , half yall got office computers or something because I run fine 40 frames all day and im on a mac partitioned with windows ..so besides it running messed up sometimes for yal which has already been addressed add info that can help not just your person gameplay agenda..and those 10 people that do play on six I thank you for the support ! end of day its a option. u don't like it don't bother but then same time theres no need for the input.

IAmLegion likes this
1 minute ago, Olivia said:

My biggest problem was frame rate tbh and I don't think I'm alone on that.  

I know civs had valid complaints about the bad locations of gathering/processing areas but bamf said he's revisited it.  So to be quite frank I think S6 needs some TLC with respect to frame rate, memory leaks and bugs and not so much attention to more mods/guns/cars/features etc.

and I agree its not the best locations but I look at it like this..they are trying to pay and provide another alternative and besides us donating its on them not us so at least we can help support the idea of new things , @bamf and the staff has always been receptive to our requests . I just don't see trash talking about a server that most yall don't go on or care about as productive .  not u Oli..lol

IAmLegion likes this
3 hours ago, Midamaru said:

His opinion negative or positive is his own decision. If a person supports an idea he should do so if he wants to and not because he's supposed to. 

His comment is about the popularity of a server. The statistics are downright sad and they come with reason; People don't like server 6 as is. Suggesting to rather put effort into a modded altis server is a fine suggestion. His critism is usefull, however your personal claims on what he should and should not do are kinda pointless and insulting. 

Please mind your own business, i don't think you even know how much budbringer has meant for this community. 

u don't make sense, try again.....in one point u saying we have a voice as members in the community on the other hand mind my business? and end of day u only good as the last thing u did.. ull learn that as u get older. so he coulda saved the world. as of right now hes just irrationally commenting negatively about a topic that he doesn't concern himself with so why the 2 cents? does he feel he has more say then the next? do you ? anyway . if u don't support new ideas in positive manners than don't waste time commenting .

Karl stop being toxic.  It is not your place to tell people that their opinion is wrong nor is it your place to tell them to stop posting their opinion because you dont like it. No one really cares to read you negativity and personal attacks all the time, please knock it off.

5 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Karl stop being toxic.  It is not your place to tell people that their opinion is wrong nor is it your place to tell them to stop posting their opinion because you dont like it. No one really cares to read you negativity and personal attacks all the time, please knock it off.

and obviously u care because u have commented on every post ive made just about . get over it , don't read.. lol

I looked at what I wrote and im sorry if you cant understand what im clearly typing in English . and I can agree we stay on topic  as long as I don't see negative comments about things the staff people are trying to do for us. I appreciate them experimenting with new ideas , different mods, maps,  for the record. as you can see im in 6 a lot and frequent the forums too. if its positive cool if its negative, ur gonna read about me commenting ... and less anyone offering to lend a hand lets let them finish up before we speak on it anymore. and for the record many of you should upgrade your computers before coming on the forums complaining about gameplay . just food for thought

I am pushing for scopes to be added, more helicopers, more guns to be added like iconic Mk12 SPR, G36 etc. Maybe Arma 2 HMVV! Also pushing for the stimulus package to encourage people to fill the server up this weekend! Like literally offer people large money sum as incentive to come and play on the server.

Personally think $250,000 would allow people to try out most of the stuff on the map, buy cars and planes.  Maybe even more. Hope devs use this opportunity or the server will remain with only a few people average. Once the pop drops below certain number it just never fills back up.