What I Think about Asylum Right now

Ba-KA

I think the community is just toxic as fuck and needs a change sure this is my opinion but the admin team ( please put your opinions in the comments) is complete dog shit there are people who shouldn't be there not gonna name anyone because i'm not trying to offend anyone but in my opinion most if these people shouldn't be in the power they are. Like there should be a divide between community admins and like admin admins  as like @LaGrange @Mr Smirnoff @BaDaBiNg_10-8 should be as community admins doing events and laid back stuff over people like @Gnashes @bamf @Volunteer281 who should be the admins doing the behind the scenes stuff sure when I play this game people need to express what they actually feel to make the community better such as the real problems on asylum the community problems. Sure i'm very blunt ill tell people what i think and what they need to hear im sorry if i offended anyone with this but in my opinion the admin team is full of people who hide there real feelings and don't express themselves. We need people who express themselves and tell people that they need to hear like @Gnashes sure hes very blunt but he knows whats wrong and whats right sure he can be wrong at times but he knows what is good for the community. What asylum needs is people who aren't afraid to express themselves in the manor that offends others. but this is just me speaking and this community needs a change just remember its a video game giant community and need very laid back people and very strict people who run this or it will eventually fall apart.

friendlypilot likes this
10 minutes ago, epTic said:
  • #1 Gay Flamingo
  •  

can confirm cause ur opinions be gay af 

and you're part of the problem with your stupid fucking forum post that  just bring toxicity to real shit that needs to be talked about which also leads to topics being locked because you don't have the mental capacity to actually have a debate against others opinions

Mr.Purple, Feenix and Mike Stmria like this
Just now, IShinigamibakaI said:

all i want is this community is to last longer than what is is now constantly losing players i want to see asylum be at the top of RP communities 

the RP community is incredibly niche. 

that's why servers like A3L are dying off, while Asylum has managed to gain, and maintain a fairly large playerbase. 

Vash likes this
3 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Being agressive or negative wont be of any use but your opinion have some right points as there is sadly admins who have abused their power and made things worse. I would suggest u stay on topic and if u re here to troll don't talk. 

opinions on this post do matter even though  trolls might ruin in, out opinions matter and that's what will make asylum fun for old and new players. i love the community and i'm here to be the one not afraid to post anything bad or good about it 

Edited by IShinigamibakaI
Just now, IShinigamibakaI said:

opinions on this post do not matter state what you want either negative or positive even though trolls might ruin in out opinions matter and that's what will make asylum fun for old and new players i love the community and i'm here to be the one not afraid to post anything bad or good about it 

You're being negative and toxic in your comments not an opinion

Dude, have you ever ran a server before? It is completely mental exhausting...Some of these guys have been doing this for years, all for us...It is alot more difficult than you think, they can't constantly be hovering over the server paying attention to every little thing...I'm sure they all have lives too, and families, children...Each time I've sent in a comp report, or a player report it is responded too almost immediately, no more than a few hours away, if you need to speak with an admin, you can message one and if it is more complicated, you can arrange a talk with them through the forums...The admins are the way they are now because of the players, they do things the way they do them specifically because of how things have happened, of course things were alot better before! The server was new, admins were fresh & ready to deal with any kind of bullshit, it gets old man, and they are still around doing their best, doing events & stuff on each of the servers, I salute to the admins on asylum and no i'm not just dick sucking man, these guys have to put up with thousands of shitlord kids every single day and never get a thank you or a post commending their work, they only get forum posts like this, and you wonder why they are being distant from players...smh, that's all I have to vent about right now...OH YEAH AND BY THE WAY 

Rd44ov4.jpg

Just now, Sleepy said:

You're being negative and toxic in your comments not an opinion

Yes it might be Negative or toxic but from the debate i have had with admins i will not name for the last 5 hours it is what i think. And as i said post your own opinions here 

2 minutes ago, >Jay< said:

Dude, have you ever ran a server before? It is completely mental exhausting...Some of these guys have been doing this for years, all for us...It is alot more difficult than you think, they can't constantly be hovering over the server paying attention to every little thing...I'm sure they all have lives too, and families, children...Each time I've sent in a comp report, or a player report it is responded too almost immediately, no more than a few hours away, if you need to speak with an admin, you can message one and if it is more complicated, you can arrange a talk with them through the forums...The admins are the way they are now because of the players, they do things the way they do them specifically because of how things have happened, of course things were alot better before! The server was new, admins were fresh & ready to deal with any kind of bullshit, it gets old man, and they are still around doing their best, doing events & stuff on each of the servers, I salute to the admins on asylum and no i'm not just dick sucking man, these guys have to put up with thousands of shitlord kids every single day and never get a thank you or a post commending their work, they only get forum posts like this, and you wonder why they are being distant from players...smh, that's all I have to vent about right now...OH YEAH AND BY THE WAY 

Rd44ov4.jpg

^this 

even though a few of the admins can be incredibly power hungry and abuse their powers in favor of their gangs, the majority are incredibly nice and are more than willing to take time out of their day to assist. 

i can personally vouch for badabing, gnashes, sojobo, zoex, bamf, and volunteer (even though he's a fucking prick who trolls cops until they ragequit :( )

Edited by epTic
JAY1HP likes this

Rd44ov4.jpg

very good point but you you didn't think of it as that i actually talked with admins about it which i have you put a very good point in here but i think you put a very good point in this

5 minutes ago, >Jay< said:

Rd44ov4.jpg

haha to think someone would actually get worked up about his super controversial opinion of " some admins suck, man" and his general statement of " we need some admins that are laid back and do events n' shit an some admins who do all the work behind the scenes and speak their mind" ....

Edited by Dex Chase
1 minute ago, IShinigamibakaI said:

Yes it might be Negative or toxic but from the debate i have had with admins i will not name for the last 5 hours it is what i think. And as i said post your own opinions here 

I will be clear. The way your acting wont change anythingmg and will get no ones interest. If you don't change your attitude the post will be ignored/locked

JAY1HP likes this
Just now, Dex Chase said:

haha to think someone would actually get worked up about his super controlversial opionion of " some admins suck, man" and his general statement of " we need some admins that are laid back and do events n' shit an some admins who do all the work behind the scenes and speak their mind" ....

not sure i got mad? I was just stating the obvious sir, we are all here saying our opinions on the subject bro? i am so calm at the moment sir

Just now, Sleepy said:

I will be clear. The way your acting wont change anythingmg and will get no ones interest. If you don't change your attitude the post will be ignored/locked

i really dont care how my attitude is and they even know it it will stay the same no matter what all im saying is asylum needs a change for the best 

1 minute ago, >Jay< said:

not sure i got mad? I was just stating the obvious sir, we are all here saying our opinions on the subject bro? i am so calm at the moment sir

never said you are mad i like your opinion and this is what i wan on this post for everyone to see what everyone else is thinking

1 minute ago, IShinigamibakaI said:

very good point but you you didn't think of it as that i actually talked with admins about it which i have you put a very good point in here but i think you put a very good point in this

yes man sometimes mistakes are made, mistakes are healthy, each time a mistake is made, a lesson is learned..Asylum is still the best Altis life servers out there for years, and many more too come I can't comment on what you really are implying because you didn't state how the admins need to improve, honestly I can't see any way they need too improve, I've had no issues, some of them play ingame but that is gonna happen, they earned their keep man

5 minutes ago, epTic said:

^this 

even though a few of the admins can be incredibly power hungry and abuse their powers in favor of their gangs, the majority are incredibly nice and are more than willing to take time out of their day to assist. 

i can personally vouch for badabing, gnashes, sojobo, zoex, bamf, and volunteer (even though he's a fucking prick who trolls cops until they ragequit :( )

agreed, you forgot deadly :D he is very nice and helpful and starrance

Just now, >Jay< said:

yes man sometimes mistakes are made, mistakes are healthy, each time a mistake is made, a lesson is learned..Asylum is still the best Altis life servers out there for years, and many more too come I can't comment on what you really are implying because you didn't state how the admins need to improve, honestly I can't see any way they need too improve, I've had no issues, some of them play ingame but that is gonna happen, they earned their keep man

yes I do get what you are saying but what the way i hear stuff from the admins and what players are saying i'm understanding a lot more and i appreciate your post you are exactly the player i was looking for in this 

JAY1HP likes this

agreed, you forgot deadly :D he is very nice and helpful and starrance

i only left deadly and strearance out because i have known deadly for quite a while now and i don't know sterance very well that is why i left them out because of the big difference in playing slash knowing them 

Thing is sure im an asshole when i get caught by cops, but I try to roleplay a bit even though i know the cops who are there for money. But i do get it the civs are also there to just shit on cops and be assholes themselves. I actually miss the RP from cops not the money hungry side of them, like @Jamooze is a brilliant cop who loves Roleplay and is the only cops apart from skittles and @Vanilla who actually love too. but i so have a  biased opinion i know the civs/ rebels can be toxic and not wanna Roleplay, even I do at time but it needs a change Asylum is a roleplay server not a wasteland with initiation,

Edited by IShinigamibakaI

Asylum is definitely in a period of transition. But it's still a strong community with a good staff. There are a lot of areas that things could be improved on to reduce burnout for players and admins alike, some quality of life stuff, and some policy changes that I won't bore you with. But all in all, things are in pretty okay shape.

As for the toxicity, it's always been there, probably always will be there. I think that for people who have been around for a long time, it starts getting more visible since you've been exposed to so much of it for so long. But at the end of the day, it's the internet. Asylum has some of the most amazing, helpful, friendly and all around awesome people. It also has some serious douche bags. That's just the inevitable consequence of being a large community. Though I will concede that at times, certain individuals/behaviors that are legitimately harmful to the community haven't been handled harshly enough or in a timely/decisive manner (which drives me crazy). I hope going forward, CMs will be more proactive in those situations.

As for the staff, everyone has their strengths and their weaknesses. But the overwhelming majority are good, hardworking people who just want to help Asylum thrive. There have been a few abusive, power-hungry assholes over the years, but those are outliers. Sadly, that small group has left quite an impression on the community as a whole. I wish steps could be taken to build better relationships and trust between the admins and the community. If the community is going to continue to grow and thrive, people need to know that the admins have the community's best interest in mind and that they can be trusted. So hopefully we see more outreach, and more active community building. Start working on rebuilding that sense of camaraderie that Asylum used to have two years ago.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Buckwalter said:

Asylum is definitely in a period of transition. But it's still a strong community with a good staff. There are a lot of areas that things could be improved on to reduce burnout for players and admins alike, some quality of life stuff, and some policy changes that I won't bore you with. But all in all, things are in pretty okay shape.

As for the toxicity, it's always been there, probably always will be there. I think that for people who have been around for a long time, it starts getting more visible since you've been exposed to so much of it for so long. But at the end of the day, it's the internet. Asylum has some of the most amazing, helpful, friendly and all around awesome people around. It also has some serious douche bags. That's just the inevitable consequence of being a large community. Though I will concede that at times, certain individuals/behaviors that are legitimately harmful to the community haven't been handled harshly enough. I hope going forward, CMs will be more proactive in those situations.

As for the staff, everyone has their strengths and their weaknesses. But the overwhelming majority are good, hardworking people who just want to help Asylum thrive. There have been a few abusive, power-hungry assholes over the years, but those are outliers. Sadly, that small group has left quite an impression on the community as a whole. I wish steps could be taken to build better relationships and trust between the admins and the community. If the community is going to continue to grow and thrive, people need to know that the admins have the community's best interest in mind and that they can be trusted. So hopefully we see more outreach, and more active community building. Start working on rebuilding that sense of camaraderie that Asylum used to have two years ago.

come back buck

23 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

As for the toxicity, it's always been there, probably always will be there. I think that for people who have been around for a long time, it starts getting more visible since you've been exposed to so much of it for so long. But at the end of the day, it's the internet. Asylum has some of the most amazing, helpful, friendly and all around awesome people. It also has some serious douche bags. That's just the inevitable consequence of being a large community. Though I will concede that at times, certain individuals/behaviors that are legitimately harmful to the community haven't been handled harshly enough or in a timely/decisive manner (which drives me crazy). I hope going forward, CMs will be more proactive in those situations.

You quitting as admin was a tragedy.

Vash likes this

I think Asylum is in a pretty good state. The developers are listening more to the community than they ever did before. A few months ago all rebels were whining about cartel incentive, so the payouts were heavily buffed. We have also had tons of bugfixes that were listed by the community and fixed within hours. There is obviously something going on within the admin staff since so many of them are leaving. I'm not quite sure how to take that, other than saying it's a big loss for the community losing admins like Killswitch, Buckwalter, Budbringer and Goldberg. I hope they consider rejoining the staff at some point.

I do wish the admin staff was more transparent with the community. Literally everything is a secret! Patches could potentially be a lot better if the notes and ideas were shown to the community before they actually went live. Take advantage of the many great ideas people post on the forums! Developers and admins shouldn't have to do all the heavy lifting regarding bug testing either. Making the dev server openly available for everyone would ensure most bugs are identified before hitting the live servers.

Vash and SheriffJohnBeard like this

If you think these admins are so bad why don't you apply and see if you get admin to fix all these "problems " you see. You basically compared two different groups of people the public/community interactions ones with the ones that are mostly behind the scenes doing work. Sure smirnoff does Admin events all the time which is great and all but you have gnashes who is the reason why the number of dupers is so low. Then volunteer might be new as a community manager, but he is the first one I have actually got a response from in ts without waiting for hours or simply not getting an response. You say this community is toxic which it is but not to you 99% of the time it is either a cop vs rebel thread or someone bitching about something or someone they don't like. So if you think this admin team "is complete dog shit" why don't you look for somewhere else that people dedicate this much time as volunteers and see if you can find a match.