Change log 7.5.1

bamf

2 minutes ago, Corgi said:

Dramatic is an over statement, it is very situational... Rebel vs Cop loadouts have a 22k or so difference for me w/o Arms, Turfs

What do cop prices have to do with it? Rebel guns did drop in price significantly. That's an objective statement. 

Edited by Dpatt711
14 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

The combat seizing was actually not a buff to APD, but rather in response to the dramatic price reduction of heavy firearms. Don't want combat seizing? Ask to bring back guns 10x the cost. That's what a lot of people don't understand, Asylum tends to buff rebels first, then tries to balance cops. 

my 25k loadout (this is a moderately priced loadout) says otherwise. How much is your loadout again?

Edited by TheRealLethal
Kettles and Big Bird like this
58 minutes ago, Durga said:

TFW you completely ruin the apd single-handedly in 2 years

giphy.gif

But you can...you can make cops go to rebel for almost anything. You can make cops go to cartels for almost anything. You can make cops seize gun during combat. You can make cops have unlimited lives so it's wave 27 zombies during any engangement, you can make any Sgt+ in the APD make it feel like they have a job when it comes to activities/hours a month.

Oh wait, you've already done all that.

I still don't agree with Gubber though, he's a big fat dummy head.

Edited by What zit tooya
Term, ryno7, Google™ and 2 others like this

Mine is almost 11k. I return to a bank 5+ times on a bad day. You don't.

EDIT: Any time a cop is pulled to do a bank/fed/prison, our job is to stop it. If we die repeatedly and want to go back even slightly geared to avoid being another bullet shield, we spend money on the return. Rebels may have a 25k loadout but if they die, they don't typically return.

Edited by Çhur¢h
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
4 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

my 25k loadout (this is a moderately priced loadout) says otherwise. How much is your loadout again?

Make it 75k and I wouldn't mind if combat seizing was removed. Don't forget that 25k includes better armor, better camo, and a 7.62. Also the number of times someone is restrained, and then later freed (Even if they were not combat seized) is pretty damn rare, I see it probably once a week if that.

Edited by Dpatt711
1 minute ago, Çhur¢h said:

Mine is almost 11k. I return to a bank 5+ times on a bad day. You don't.

I'm merely talking on the basis of the standard APD "Grunt", I should have used a constable loadout rather than my own. It is merely my belief while in combat, I shouldn't be able to take between 1/2 to 2/3 their loadout in an instant.

1 minute ago, Corgi said:

75k? That would absolutely destroy the rebel life as a whole, an rebel would be almost as "rare" as Ifrit...

Good, being an armed to the teeth terrorist shouldn't be profitable or easy. You guys want cheap guns? It's going to be balanced. Nuff said.

Edited by Dpatt711
2 minutes ago, Corgi said:

I'm merely talking on the basis of the standard APD "Grunt", I should have used a constable loadout rather than my own. It is merely my belief while in combat, I shouldn't be able to take between 1/2 to 2/3 their loadout in an instant.

I wasn't referring to you with this post. Lethal said his loadout was 25k. He takes his 25k loadout to a bank, gets shot (arrested or killed) and there's 25k gone. In the process of taking care of him, I could've died 5 times with an 11k loadout. It adds up. I wish the bashing between rebels and cops would stop. It's pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Corgi said:

You are practically proposing the total destruction of the cartel life...

No, I'm merely stating that there should be a balance, which there is. I think cheap guns that can be combat seized is a pretty damn good deal for rebels. 7.62s and Level III armor shouldn't be a default go-to for rebels, it should be an investment. Rebel is supposed to be a money sink, I think most people forgot that.

Edited by Dpatt711
5 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

No, I'm merely stating that there should be a balance. I think cheap guns that can be combat seized is a pretty damn good deal for rebels. 7.62s shouldn't be a default go-to for rebels, it should be an investment.

Cartel wise, it is an investment in which you can lose literally in less than a second, 1 bullet...

14 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

Make it 75k and I wouldn't mind if combat seizing was removed. Don't forget that 25k includes better armor, better camo, and a 7.62. Also the number of times someone is restrained, and then later freed (Even if they were not combat seized) is pretty damn rare, I see it probably once a week if that.

75k! please tell me your joking me! When I played on s5 loadouts were 100k for me and that was old money! 

Just now, It's Ryan said:

75k! please tell me your joking me! When I played on s5 loadouts were 100k for me and that was old money! 

I'm not, if people want to remove opportunities to have weapons seized it should cast drastically more. If they want prices to stay where they are, I think combat seizing is a more than fair compromise.

1 minute ago, Dpatt711 said:

I'm not, if people want to remove opportunities to have weapons seized it should cast drastically more. If they want prices to stay where they are, I think combat seizing is a more than fair compromise.

you already get super godmode invicibility magical restrains and you can also take away a gun from someone in said super godmode invincibility magical restraints? wow that's awesome

you can get a very capable weapon and a level 2 armour for free? wow that's awesome

you can actually kill someone and get paid for it? holy shit that is awesome

being a apd officer sounds pretty good, i will have to play it again

Big Bird and DreamC like this
4 minutes ago, BrutaL said:

you already get super godmode invicibility magical restrains and you can also take away a gun from someone in said super godmode invincibility magical restraints? wow that's awesome

you can get a very capable weapon and a level 2 armour for free? wow that's awesome

you can actually kill someone and get paid for it? holy shit that is awesome

being a apd officer sounds pretty good, i will have to play it again

The restraints can be picked. They aren't magical.  

Bring some back-up guns in a vehicle if combat seizing is a big problem for you, APD can't search vehicles for fire-arms until situation is deemed all clear.  

There are solutions to your problems, you just seem too lazy to utilize them.

Edited by Dpatt711
Just now, Dpatt711 said:

The restraints can be picked. They aren't magical.  

Bring some back-up guns in a vehicle if combat seizing is a big problem for you, APD can't search vehicles for fire-arms until situation is deemed all clear.

i don't particularly care, i just realised  how awesome cop can be

why don't you all chip in 1k into a pot so  designated cops can take the mx's without individually paying 6k?

why don't you build a barrier with the traffic objects to stop rebels driving off with gold bars?

why not spike strip known routes

you just seem too lazy to take advantage of options

31 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

I can tell that you're going to be a Sgt+ some day.

DreamC likes this

I've not really read any of these comments, but I think the whole lethal payment situation is a good idea. It will still be utilized to get people in "unreachable" positions, but essentially it'll cause cops to actually push instead of snipe and get a few lethals. Should make banks / prison breaks more interesting and give more opportunities for higher-ups to pull armored vehicles. 

I'm also excited to fight these new cartels; but the only concern is the new arms cap. It seems much like forest cap for drug cartel that was added months back. People didn't like it because the attacking side has a much higher advantage. We'll have to fight it and play it by ear, I guess.

Either way, looking forward to all the new updates coming soon! 

explicit likes this
8 minutes ago, Corgi said:

You really have never played rebel have you...

I play enough rebel to know that the gear is pretty damn cheap, and that I've never had a situation where someone was combat seized, that I later had a chance to break out of cuffs. Maybe the problem is less about prices, and more about you not being in a good enough gang. A night of working with rebel gear in a group of 3-5 makes me about 300k. A night of fucking around as rebel I rarely lose more than $75k.

Edited by Dpatt711
1 minute ago, Addon said:

I've not really read any of these comments, but I think the whole lethal payment situation is a good idea. It will still be utilized to get people in "unreachable" positions, but essentially it'll cause cops to actually push instead of snipe and get a few lethals. Should make banks / prison breaks more interesting and give more opportunities for higher-ups to pull armored vehicles. 

I'm also excited to fight these new cartels; but the only concern is the new arms cap. It seems much like forest cap for drug cartel that was added months back. People didn't like it because the attacking side has a much higher advantage. We'll have to fight it and play it by ear, I guess.

Either way, looking forward to all the new updates coming soon! 

the new cap has major issues due to the enormous hills surrounding it, if there was a tad more cover/indoor structures it'd be better for both sides

i'd like to see a cartel with the barracks  style building

Edited by BrutaL
36 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

75k? LOL. Also undercover gets access to same clothing, you also have pilot coveralls. You also get free 7.62 during High profile rebel Vs cop engagements. combat seizing is stupid, and honestly anyone who thinks otherwise is equally unintelligent. I have no idea who you are, you seem pretty new here and probably have 10x more cop time than civ time, so ill give you a free pass on not knowing how rebel/civ stuff works. Cops should be greatly rewarded for capturing someone, processing them. Isnt that what playing cop is about, The RP? Or am i wrong, is cop all about killing people? 

Edited by TheRealLethal
Kettles, Payout, DreamC and 1 other like this

@bamf

just wondering out of curiosity, is it possible to make a vehicle not usable/drivable/spawnable outside of a specific area? 

what im going for is along the lines of  'ifrit spawn point' on arms 'island' in which those ifrits cannot be used outside of the area.. (so not choppable etc) they would be vastly cheaper and you can't store them

this would make more gangs fight because at least for my gang, our opponents are very wary and hesistant about pulling ifrits and resulting fights tend not to happen

i can see positives and negatives should it be possible but i'm 

just wondering if its even possible

Edited by BrutaL
5 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

75k? LOL. Also undercover gets access to same clothing, you also have pilot coveralls. You also get free 7.62 during High profile rebel Vs cop engagements. combat seizing is stupid, and honestly anyone who thinks otherwise is equally unintelligent. I have no idea who you are, you seem pretty new here and probably have 10x more cop time than civ time, so ill give you a free pass on not knowing how rebel/civ stuff works. Cops should be greatly rewarded for capturing someone processing them. Isnt that what playing cop is about, The RP? Or am i wrong, is cop all about killing people? 

Anybody who thinks combat seizing isn't fair balance for reduced pricing obviously is completely delusional. You talk about RP and then complain about combat seizing. Like real cops would just let the people keep their guns until the situation is all clear. Also fun fact: If we just lethal someone, we don't combat seize them. So maybe if combat seizing gets removed we should just lethal people more? We captured them, so we seize their weapons. What's not fair about that? I bet you're one of those cops that struggles to maintain 50/50, because you know for a fact rebel is better than cop.

Edited by Dpatt711
8 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

I play enough rebel to know that the gear is pretty damn cheap, and that I've never had a situation where someone was combat seized, that I later had a chance to break out of cuffs. Maybe the problem is less about prices, and more about you not being in a good enough gang. A night of working with rebel gear in a group of 3-5 makes me about 300k. A night of fucking around as rebel I rarely lose more than $75k.

A solid night of cartel fighting can drain a capped bank account... 75k per loadout would accelerate this so much I predict most rebels would leave the server....

1 minute ago, Corgi said:

A solid night of cartel fighting can drain a capped bank account... 75k per loadout would accelerate this so much I predict most rebels would leave the server....

Okay, then stop complaining about combat seizing. You need to realize that every thing gets balanced. Not a complicated concept.

Edited by Dpatt711
Just now, Dpatt711 said:

Anybody who thinks combat seizing isn't fair balance for reduced pricing obviously is completely delusional. You talk about RP and then complain about combat seizing. Like real cops would just let the people keep their guns until the situation is all clear. Also fun fact: If we just lethal someone, we can't even combat seize them. So maybe if combat seizing gets removed we should just lethal people?

if you lethal someone you can disarm them. Also there is a difference between roleplay and realism. No need to get bend out of shape buddy. Combat seizing isnt even a huge deal, most cops dont even do it because they see how unfair/stupid it is. The only ones who really do it are the constables trying to get promoted/career cops who have never played civ. You signed up to play a whitelisted faction dedicated to roleplay, yet you are complaining about not making money for killing people. Something isnt adding up

1 minute ago, TheRealLethal said:

if you lethal someone you can disarm them. Also there is a difference between roleplay and realism. No need to get bend out of shape buddy. Combat seizing isnt even a huge deal, most cops dont even do it because they see how unfair/stupid it is. The only ones who really do it are the constables trying to get promoted/career cops who have never played civ. You signed up to play a whitelisted faction dedicated to roleplay, yet you are complaining about not making money for killing people. Something isnt adding up

Actually my only argument was that lowering the max cap was a nerf. Which it is. Pretty objective statement. 

1 minute ago, Dpatt711 said:

Anybody who thinks combat seizing isn't fair balance for reduced pricing obviously is completely delusional. You talk about RP and then complain about combat seizing. Like real cops would just let the people keep their guns until the situation is all clear. Also fun fact: If we just lethal someone, we can't even combat seize them. So maybe if combat seizing gets removed we should just lethal people?

Ah, so we are talking about real life now. So give cops po7s only and rifles only when needed. No revives, etc

You're a fucking retard.