Change log 7.5.1

bamf

Personally, this is what I would like to see.

1. Lts+ can only authorize lethals (negotiable for Sgts+, but I am hesitant)

2. Lethal = Auto pardon, no money

3. Wiped in an engagement, without backup on the way = no return until backup 

4. Feds, Banks, and Prison = 3 life Max (self-imposed, so higher ups means they need to train that or get it drilled in players heads...still negotiable to no life rule on those 3)

5. Cops get free gear (I still stand by that the government pays for gear, not vehicles)

6. More RP training for cops, if you can't give a little, you don't deserve to play cop (like good old Leon use to do)

7. More patrol and recon trainings. Cops don't need to drive right into illegal zones and get lit up (ever notice that outside every illegal zone has high ground to binoc down at? You get a head count of law breakers and call for backup if needed).

***After the players get those two down, then worry about end game tactics***

8. Seize weapons at HQ or after the engagement, but keep players in god-mode restraints.

Just my opinion, it offers fair-play and doesn't really nerf the APD. On top of that, the trainings, which are very basic, will only improve the APD.

**EDIT**

Also, make prison break a defend for the cops. They always have to attack, and I'm sure even the rebels would like to attack a defended position from the cops once in awhie.

JimmyBeans, Emma, Haych and 2 others like this
7 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

You can't set the least active rank to authorize lethal ammunition.

Also I think we are forgetting something.
Most cops don't go around lethaling everyone, cops talk to civilians and rp with them all day long.
Lethals get called against large rebel groups that are slaughtering cops.

I don't understand why cops can get killed all day long but its a huge problem if cops start killing rebels.
We aren't lethaling innocent people in towns, we are killing rebels that want to fight cops instead of cartels and are in a defensive position.

I'm personally tired of this complaining about lethal rounds.
Regardless of how much money they give me, I'm going to use them when they need to be used. (Which is often against large rebel groups)

Plus, we have Durga as a captain. I doubt lethal policy's will change. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz, Emma and Sergio like this
13 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

4. Feds, Banks, and Prison = 3 life Max (self-imposed, so higher ups means they need to train that or get it drilled in players heads...still negotiable to no life rule on those 3)

5. Cops get free gear (I still stand by that the government pays for gear, not vehicles)

6. More RP training for cops, if you can't give a little, you don't deserve to play cop (like good old Leon use to do)

7. More patrol and recon trainings. Cops don't need to drive right into illegal zones and get lit up (ever notice that outside every illegal zone has high ground to binoc down at? You get a head count of law breakers and call for backup if needed).

8. Seize weapons at HQ or after the engagement, but keep players in god-mode restraints.

Just my opinion, it offers fair-play and doesn't really nerf the APD. On top of that, the trainings, which are very basic, will only improve the APD.

Sounds like a great plan to me, the first point SHOULD be SGT+ since that rank really SHOULD deserve the responsability for it.
However i do see some SGT's making bad calls alot of times and wonder how they still have their ranks, LT's are a tad more carefull.

TiLLeR and Emma like this
11 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

Some good stuff here, however if cop gear is to be made free, I personally believe Cadets should not be given such powerful weapons such as the MK20/Spar15. They are police in training and they should be given Protectors/Stings. 5.56's for cadets where added I believe because of the 9mm change doing no damage to CSAT/Carrier Lites, however CSATs where removed, but they still kept their 5.56's, even though CSAT's are back, the majority of Rebels still wear clothing with no armour because who likes glowing in combat and the protector is still a viable option in CQB combat.

However, there shouldn't be a life rule for Banks/Feds/Prisons imo, most of us only to Prisons/Banks to kill as much cops as we can, and the more they return the better, however this may effect the smaller/newer groups who may not be as good, kind of hard to balance imo.
However, they should have a life rule for situations thats outside these events, for example illegal fields and processors.

5 minutes ago, speed said:

Yeah, about that. @Paratus gave the go ahead to add them, there's just one problem.

I suck at art.

So I need to come up with the skins somehow, then they'll be put in.

Hmu with the templates, I can make them if needed.

And while i'm at it, i'll make more/different variations to the Type R skin I made and we'll just let the community decide which ones should be added.

speed likes this
3 hours ago, Ballsack noodle said:

Last time Me and the man Chris caught you guys, you and your boy Trilligy infiltrated our cop channel and started raging at us.................

Lethals > Tracers

Chris got blacklisted.

There was also that time 2 yrs ago when pursuing to rebel via air was suddenly against the rules for the night because some idiotic pilot pulled up into me. 

43 minutes ago, speed said:

Yeah, about that. @Paratus gave the go ahead to add them, there's just one problem.

I suck at art.

So I need to come up with the skins somehow, then they'll be put in.

Yeaaaaaaaaaa!  Even if its just the jeep, its better than rolling with an suv due to APEX terrain changes.  Thank you for the update!

45 minutes ago, Haych said:

Hmu with the templates, I can make them if needed.

And while i'm at it, i'll make more/different variations to the Type R skin I made and we'll just let the community decide which ones should be added.

No proper templates have been released yet for Apexvehicles. I started making my own from the current skins for prowlers and just haven't been happy with the result. BI says they will release templates #Soon in there samples.

Sergio likes this
53 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

You can't set the least active rank to authorize lethal ammunition.T

That is why I also suggested Sgt+, just hesitant for myself, but not totally against it.

Most cops don't go around lethaling everyone, cops talk to civilians and rp with them all day long.
Lethals get called against large rebel groups that are slaughtering cops.

I don't understand why cops can get killed all day long but its a huge problem if cops start killing rebels.
We aren't lethaling innocent people in towns, we are killing rebels that want to fight cops instead of cartels and are in a defensive position

While I do agree that MOST cops don't use lethals constantly, however, they are used WAYYYY more frequently than what they use to be and what they should be with the group cap. I have seen 2 cops, switch to lethals vs. a group of 3/4 many many times. I have also seen cops use lethals at a prison break when only 3 guys are doing the PB, and 8+ cops on...once again totally unacceptable. 

51 minutes ago, Haych said:

Cadets should not be given such powerful weapons

Shit, I still believe Cadets should only have a PO7, like the old days. I would accept it for them use the Mk20 at Feds, PBs, and Banks only, because back when I was a cadet, when we only had slash bandoliers, no vehicles, and only a PO7...it really sucked trying to hit someone across the bridge (PB now, old Fed) with a PO7 haha

1) most of us only to Prisons/Banks to kill as much cops as we can, and the more they return the better, 2) however this may effect the smaller/newer groups who may not be as good, kind of hard to balance imo.

Part 1...I hate that mentality, I'm sorry. The purpose of those objectives is to accomplish something, not to just kill as many cops as you can or for the cops to kill as many rebels as they can, but i know it is fun as fuck. When cops don't have a cap on NLR, than they don't value their lives and it only hurts them in the long run... It mainly prevents them from thinking tactically, and lets be honest, I would love to see an APD that rolls over rebel groups 80%-90% of the time. Why...because I LOVE the challenge. 

Part 2...I totally agree, its like kicking a horse when its down. Not all players on Asylum are going to be...wait for it...L9G9NDS...but the 14 year olds that currently consume the servers with the very creative comments such as; 'kys', 'your bad', 'no skill' etc. etc. doesn't really help the new players at all. But I also view the Fed as an end-game objective for only skilled groups, Bank as an intermediate objective, and PB as an easy objective. 

***EDIT***

Also, back in the day, my old gang Liquid Mafia use to rob the Fed (aka Bank bc it was the same design, sort of) with only 3-4 guys. We weren't better or even that good. We just had weird tactics and had an RP story to delay the APD. You can even ask @Durga about some of those...he was sooo mad because he couldn't figure out how we were able to keep getting away with the cash hahah...good times

8 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

Cops do something tactical and dont rush you get 900 texts about how cops are pussies and need to stop valuing themselves because gear is cheap and you want to kill us.  Cops zerg you get 900 texts saying "value your lives", "get rekt m8" or "get gud".  No matter they do they get flak, there's literally no winning because even when you do win all it is is a giant fucking salt fest about how you're getting reported for this or that and you're getting banned/removed.  

Edited by HotWings
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

Cops do something tactical and dont rush you get 900 texts about how cops are pussies and need to stop valuing themselves because gear is cheap and you want to kill us.  Cops zerg you get 900 texts saying "get "value your lives", rekt m8" or "get gud".  No matter they do they get flak, there's literally no winning because even when you do win all it is is a giant fucking salt fest about how you're getting reported for this or that and you're getting banned/removed.  

That lies the 14 year olds who currenlty consume the servers :-P

No but I see your point...What I normally see is this: Objective based things (PB, Bank, Fed), everyone wants to be Chris Kyle. When they do try and zerg rush, it works rarely and most the times it fails (especially vs. larger groups)...The shitty texts from it, I would be for banning the players to clean up that shit, but hey thats me :D...When its not objective based, cops come in waves after waves after waves, in which there needs to be a point where you say to yourself, 'Well guys we tried GG'...

The ban threats have been a thing since the begining which I know, you know haha...I always use to text back, 'Report me' and move on...if they say that shit when I am processing them, boom no more RP from Mr. Killswitch and I straight up Robocop them...As soon as they say that shit, they lost all their rights to RP with me.

BioHazard likes this
Just now, Sergio said:

This completely unnecessary change will have no effect on a group of constables, all in agreement, from loading their lethals.

It would if punishment was handed out...back in the day it was like this, lethals was never an issue back then...Shit, most of us Constables were scared to ever use lethals

Just now, Killswitch said:

It would if punishment was handed out...back in the day it was like this, lethals was never an issue back then...Shit, most of us Constables were scared to ever use lethals

As an ex-Admin, you already know this policy, if implemented, will only be abused to all hell...

1 hour ago, Killswitch said:

**EDIT**

Also, make prison break a defend for the cops. They always have to attack, and I'm sure even the rebels would like to attack a defended position from the cops once in awhie.

1. Lt's + 2nd Lt's, + Sgts (Sgts being active on the scene only).

2. Fine

3. Will still be abused: "bu emm I still had backup on the way"

4. 3 lifes? Fine, can't do shit with trainings, no matter how many trainings you do, some people can't be taught. Most trainings happpens just because of the $$ earned for training officer.

5. Fine adjustment to new life rule, but needs to be equipped with equal gear as rebels.

6. RP trainings? Look at 4th example I just said.

7. Again, trainings? look at 4th example I just said.

8. Since we're being equipped with free gear and got equal gear, to balance it out, fine.

Killswitch likes this
15 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Just get in that orca and take off. I dont think Ive ever had troubles getting away, except for when people "just want to kill 1 more ".

Then what is the reason of playing cop? You need some sort of reason to get people to play cop, if not, there will be so few cops on.

And how about the advantage for cops with mk1s vs anyone that is not a rebel with carrier lite, those with rooks and slash bandolier? 

If it can be abused, it will be abused, and its not just a few bad apples. Its something that have happened with every cool things cop have gotten, its been abused

Not getting paid for lethals? lmao. I'd think you'd be one of those cops that hops on to lethal people, get paid and leave.

Lethal force is a last resort for the greater good of catching a few criminals. We shouldn't be paid for it, I like having to put in the effort to catch someone.

On that note communism is still awful. If I want to hunt big fish the officers running and ramping off of shit while speaking to the occasional bounty hunter or civ for bounties of less than 10k in Kavala shouldn't be paid for me risking my assets and time to catch HVT (high-value targets)

BrutaL likes this