I love flashbangs

Just now, explicit said:

I can understand disabling the helicopter, but blowing it up? Why is this not exploiting?

I was present at the event, not salty bc we got out anyway but this has happened a lot recently and I'm genuinely curious. Can we get official word? @Gnashes

Yeah during me and @thero's bank days we had a number of orcas flashblanged until they blew up, and we were doing 2 man banks... its honestly retarded the cops just blow ur shit up for fun

thero and Space like this
11 minutes ago, explicit said:

I can understand disabling the helicopter, but blowing it up? Why is this not exploiting?

I was present at the event, not salty bc we got out anyway but this has happened a lot recently and I'm genuinely curious. Can we get official word? @Gnashes

I think it's been established by him that it's not exploiting. There was already a huge thread on this and the concensus of the admins was, if you go on top of roofs and hide to get lethaled then the apd can use flash bangs to blow up your means of escape.

Pilot Josh likes this
22 minutes ago, explicit said:

Gnashes said that the flashbangs aren't supposed to damage vehicles but the code is not good for it right now.

70966bafa92bd2d81abd7dea09b48ea5.png

Other than that the entire staff including CM's have been laughing at this situation, they simply tell you not to bring the orca into the fight if you're not willing to lose it.

If you can see the APD Forums you can look at this thread: 

Edited by Midamaru
10 minutes ago, Reapered said:

I think it's been established by him that it's not exploiting. There was already a huge thread on this and the concensus of the admins was, if you go on top of roofs and hide to get lethaled then the apd can use flash bangs to blow up your means of escape.

Just now, Midamaru said:

@Tyler If i'd be a rebel up there i would jump off the bank and spray you in the face but 10/10 tactics.

Bank roof is a comfy zone for any rebel, and if they get touched up there they'll get salty.

I say good job sir, get rekt whoever was up there :D 

Nobody was up there or they would've died in an explosion, no? We were out and around in their hunters which they impounded mid fight... and spread around. MAYBE 1 person was on the roof, this was clearly done just to be a dick/impress the higher ups.

Edited by Scott
explicit and Midamaru like this
Just now, Scott said:

Nobody was up there or they would've died in an explosion, no? We were out and around in their hunters which they impounded mid... and spread around. MAYBE 1 person was on the roof, this was clearly done just to be a dick/impress the higher ups.

Ohhhh... that changes the situation

@Tyler I thought the APD doesn't blow up vehicles unless necessary for combat purposes or do you throw 15 flashbangs at a HEMMT too ? :P 

explicit and Scott like this
2 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

@Tyler If i'd be a rebel up there i would jump off the bank and spray you in the face but 10/10 tactics.

The thing is, that wall that he's standing behind isn't even the best wall to be behind for easiest flash bang throw. He likely had to aim it pretty far. The one on the other side (where the orca is parked) is literally the best spot (provided you are clear on that side) to NEVER be shot when throwing flashbangs, or have any chance to be stopped, besides throwing grenades down there yourself.

Edited by Pilot
Just now, Midamaru said:

@Tyler I thought the APD doesn't blow up vehicles unless necessary for combat purposes or do you throw 15 flashbangs at a HEMMT too ? :P 

I'm all for them being able to blow up orcas but I think it should be restricted to a situation where people are just sitting on the roof OR it should take a hell of a lot more than 15k to destroy a 115k machine whenever you feel like it.

explicit likes this
5 minutes ago, Scott said:

Nobody was up there or they would've died in an explosion, no? We were out and around in their hunters which they impounded mid fight... and spread around. MAYBE 1 person was on the roof, this was clearly done just to be a dick/impress the higher ups.

I was only answering explicits questioned about if you can get banned for it.

I personally think its scummy to do this, but it is what it is. 

Scott likes this
59 minutes ago, Scott said:

I watered my hunter at lighthouse.

1 hour ago, explicit said:

The CMs clarified that it is not exploiting you bring your orca onto a roof like that you must be prepared to lose it. whether it's flash banged or shot down.

I have no problem with them being able to blow the orca up but at the price of 1k it seems a little unfair. It could be a viable tactic but they should cost 3-4k just like 

the civ grenades that way if you are going to do something (Which in my opinion is kind of a shitty thing to do) then it should cost you cash.

Just like when I stuff your hunter in the doors of a shed its a shitty thing to do but 99/100 times its going to blow up instantly and cost me 30k so theres trade off's

Scott likes this
1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

I was told by a Captain to blow it up *shrug* you can even hear Dark laugh and say nice. Submit an IA all you like, unless the CMs / Devs retract the statement that flashing an orca on the roof isnt exploiting then it will continue to happen. you know how hard it is to actually do it too? Like it requires usually 15-20 flashbangs to do it and they can just spool the orca and fly it off the roof.

Just now, Scott said:

Thats all you have to comment on? Gonna ignore my valid points about nobody being on the roof and you doing it to show off? :thinking:

I made another post, i read from the bottom up i do believe.

Edited by Tyler
Just now, Scott said:

All you said was its not exploiting. I didn't say a damn thing about the rule aspect of it

Look man, if you wanna submit an IA go ahead i can't stop you. But it is not against any rules to use flashbangs to blow up an orca.

Just now, Tyler said:

Look man, if you wanna submit an IA go ahead i can't stop you. But it is not against any rules to use flashbangs to blow up an orca.

I never said it was against the rules.  Can you read?

1 hour ago, Scott said:

I'm all for them being able to blow up orcas but I think it should be restricted to a situation where people are just sitting on the roof OR it should take a hell of a lot more than 15k to destroy a 115k machine whenever you feel like it.

22 minutes ago, Tyler said:

you know how hard it is to actually do it too? Like it requires usually 15-20 flashbangs to do it and they can just spool the orca and fly it off the roof.

It's really difficult to move your mouse upwards and spam G.

16 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Look man, if you wanna submit an IA go ahead I can't stop you. 

Nothing would happen CM opinions or not, DarkKnight is your best friend.

Scott, FudgeR, Jwilly and 1 other like this
6 hours ago, Tyler said:

I was told by a Captain to blow it up *shrug* you can even hear Dark laugh and say nice. Submit an IA all you like, unless the CMs / Devs retract the statement that flashing an orca on the roof isnt exploiting then it will continue to happen. you know how hard it is to actually do it too? Like it requires usually 15-20 flashbangs to do it and they can just spool the orca and fly it off the roof.

I applaud you for pulling it off i just think its excessive from the APD. Not in any other situation i can imagine blowing up civ vehicles because they are shooting you to be ok. 

I'm not looking for you to get any trouble but if that orca was just blown up for the heck off it or to make rebels salty you should know its wrong. If i saw a random constable do it, i'd report him myself (as a cop) but ofcourse when a SGT+ does it and the captain gives the order we should just accept it.

If a cadet asks you: When can i blow up a civilians vehicle. 

What would you answer? I'd sure as hell tell him NEVER. 

Edited by Midamaru