is asylum dying

Just now, reid said:

Asylum isn't dead, just a lot of old players have left or have been removed. There are no real power gangs at the moment because people do more than cartels now. The biggest issue i see though is that gangs only last a few months now. Players don't stay together and are eager to jump ship or play something else when 1 or 2 key gang members become inactive.

Theres really only about 3 gangs that actually fight anymore.

28 minutes ago, Jwilly said:

Go play a3rp or something then. this isnt a hardcore rp server

And neither is A3RP, quite the opposite actually.

21 minutes ago, zane1 said:

Career cops on a light rp server :frog:

So because it's "light" you assume no RP? Light meaning there is the ability to break character without repercussions, lack of server rules binding you to. It'd be nice if rebels such as you could contribute to a bit.

23 minutes ago, zane1 said:

Isnt it against the APD guidelines to not respond to feds/banks/prisons

You're a whitelisted officer as well, read up a bit.

Just now, HotWings said:

This is what I consider the biggest issue.  When rebels were constantly fighting each other things were different in regards to fighting other factions as well.  

I get what you're saying but gang life is pretty much dead and the fights that do happen end up getting roached or the combat is just really ratty. The whole communities attitude has changed regarding gameplay

Eric916 likes this
Just now, Flameless said:

So because it's "light" you assume no RP? Light meaning there is the ability to break character without repercussions, lack of server rules binding you to. It'd be nice if rebels such as you could contribute to a bit.

Sorry I don't play cop 24/7 and read the guidebook everyday my mistake. I never said anything about no rp, I always tell my stories out when I get caught, I'm sorry not everyone is like you and wants to roleplay 24/7. Everyone has different ways of having run, rebels enjoy combat and APD enjoy RP thats just how its going to be.

Just now, Flameless said:

I dont play this to rp. I play it to shoot stuff

zane1 and Revenant like this
Just now, zane1 said:

If you guys dont like how rebels dont like to rp and want combat which is what the entire rebel faction is based around go join a heavy rp server instead.

So you want to just play wasteland against less skilled players is all you're really saying.  

Its not that people dont want a fight, we dont want to fight constantly just because the rebel faction refuses to fight itself.

Just now, HotWings said:

So you want to just play wasteland against less skilled players is all you're really saying.  

Its not that people dont want a fight, we dont want to fight constantly just because the rebel faction refuses to fight itself.

Thats not what I'm saying at all, gang life is dead but we still arrange fights when we can, you shouldn't be complaining about rebel life spilling out onto your APD rp when we feel like doing a bank or fed since you're the faction thats going to clash with us when we dont have rebel v rebel going on. You cant just patrol around the entire time talking to regular civs and not expect rebels to want to have some combat. i understand you dont want the fights to be constantly happening but when they do you cant just one and done because that just makes us want to fight even more because we just got starved of that combat

2 minutes ago, zane1 said:

Thats not what I'm saying at all, gang life is dead but we still arrange fights when we can, you shouldn't be complaining about rebel life spilling out onto your APD rp when we feel like doing a bank or fed since you're the faction thats going to clash with us when we dont have rebel v rebel going on. You cant just patrol around the entire time talking to regular civs and not expect rebels to want to have some combat. i understand you dont want the fights to be constantly happening but when they do you cant just one and done because that just makes us want to fight even more because we just got starved of that combat

So come to s2 and we will be brawling all day

Until it becomes lucrative to do cartels again you will not see new players eager to do them.  It's a complete waste and on top of that new players have to overcome a massive skill gap and it's only a money sink.  Current setup with money going into the container isn't worth it.  Let's say there is 100k in a container at a cartel, if a few people lose loadouts in the fight, it was only a loss and you might even lose it all while taking it back to rebel.  Sure, people do cartels for the fun factor but looking at how many gangs are actively fighting cartels, it's not enough for most people.  

That's why direct deposit was so much better.  People are much more incentivized to both attack and defend cartels because the payout is much better and wanting to hold your cartel is much more worth it.  The problem back in the day with direct deposit was gangs had an unlimited group cap and one gang held a monopoly on each server and people didn't want to be outnumbered so they often ended up joining whatever gang was doing the best.  That's not a problem anymore, there is no mega gangs that own servers.  Back on Stratis I remember always wanting to do cartels with my three friends, we didn't care if we were outnumbered or walking into a shit show, if we captured the cartel then it was all worth it and we got a payout for keeping motivated, it's not like that today.

Moral of the story, cartels should be very rewarding, it is the hardest content in the game.  You should be rewarded and shouldn't have to burn through your bank account just for what is nowadays chump change and bragging rights.  There's a lot that is contributing to Asylum being so stale but cartels is key to keep civilians working towards the end game and willing to log the hours and grind.

massi and Treeontyn like this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Until it becomes lucrative to do cartels again you will not see new players eager to do them.  It's a complete waste and on top of that new players have to overcome a massive skill gap and it's only a money sink.  Current setup with money going into the container isn't worth it.  Let's say there is 100k in a container at a cartel, if a few people lose loadouts in the fight, it was only a loss and you might even lose it all while taking it back to rebel.  Sure, people do cartels for the fun factor but looking at how many gangs are actively fighting cartels, it's not enough for most people.  

That's why direct deposit was so much better.  People are much more incentivized to both attack and defend cartels because the payout is much better and wanting to hold your cartel is much more worth it.  The problem back in the day with direct deposit was gangs had an unlimited group cap and one gang held a monopoly on each server and people didn't want to be outnumbered so they often ended up joining whatever gang was doing the best.  That's not a problem anymore, there is no mega gangs that own servers.  Back on Stratis I remember always wanting to do cartels with my three friends, we didn't care if we were outnumbered or walking into a shit show, if we captured the cartel then it was all worth it and we got a payout for keeping motivated, it's not like that today.

Moral of the story, cartels should be very rewarding, it is the hardest content in the game.  You should be rewarded and shouldn't have to burn through your bank account just for what is nowadays chump change and bragging rights.  There's a lot that is contributing to Asylum being so stale but cartels is key to keep civilians working towards the end game and willing to log the hours and grind.

Tbh all cartels are is bragging rights and montage clips

17 minutes ago, zane1 said:

If you guys dont like how rebels dont like to rp and want combat which is what the entire rebel faction is based around go join a heavy rp server instead.

I decided to respond with something i have already said before in other threads, once again asylum is not a hardcore rp server and yes all rebels want to do is fight, fight, fight, and more fighting. Back in the day rebels would get caught and RP better than Ive ever seen, many of the people being from the top gangs like FSA, NV,Insanity,Elysium, Bad Blood, Regiment, and Synergy. Many of these guys fought all day and loved every second of it but when it came down to it, these guys would RP to the best they could because then RP was different, cops would go with you're stories and expand on it making a good RP scenario but now everyone either just makes a shit rp story or the cops wont believe you and just give you the full ticket due to being a greedy shit or holding a grudge against the big gang. Many of the people who have came around in the last 4-8 months have been shown that cops would rather just give parole out,lethal, or reduced tickets than listening to a story.

Rodrigo likes this
Just now, Anzy said:

I decided to respond with something i have already said before in other threads, once again asylum is not a hardcore rp server and yes all rebels want to do is fight, fight, fight, and more fighting. Back in the day rebels would get caught and RP better than Ive ever seen, many of the people being from the top gangs like FSA, NV,Insanity,Elysium, Bad Blood, Regiment, and Synergy. Many of these guys fought all day and loved every second of it but when it came down to it, these guys would RP to the best they could because then RP was different, cops would go with you're stories and expand on it making a good RP scenario but now everyone either just makes a shit rp story or the cops wont believe you and just give you the full ticket due to being a greedy shit or holding a grudge against the big gang. Many of the people who have came around in the last 4-8 months have been shown that cops would rather just give parole out,lethal, or reduced tickets than listening to a story.

Pretty much nailed it

Just now, Anzy said:

I'll just tell you that one of the main reasons i've stopped putting a lot of effort into RP is the fact that being robocopped is a lot more common and nowadays i've learned to only roleplay with officers who I know are going to be fair.  Yes, there's rebels who get on cop for money and robocop the shit out of everybody but there's PLENTY of career cops who do it too.  It goes both ways.  But cops do have to set the example for roleplay, they're the ones who jail or pardon you and dictate whether a rebel is going to feel about RPing with cops.

zane1 likes this
Just now, zane1 said:

But the APD are the bots:pogchamp:

I had an awesome RP session with FSA yesterday about the Asylum bug where dead police leave phantom bots. Told them I'd pay them 25k for capturing and bringing me the "prototype synthetic APD bot" alive. Fun stuff, but ya there's always that one bot in the APD or Rebel. 

I'll just tell you that one of the main reasons i've stopped putting a lot of effort into RP is the fact that being robocopped is a lot more common and nowadays i've learned to only roleplay with officers who I know are going to be fair.  Yes, there's rebels who get on cop for money and robocop the shit out of everybody but there's PLENTY of career cops who do it too.  It goes both ways.  But cops do have to set the example for roleplay, they're the ones who jail or pardon you and dictate whether a rebel is going to feel about RPing with cops.

Most of the guys that I see play cop all the time are more than willing to listen and reduce as long as you didnt just spend 20 minutes killing them at the bank and claim self defense.  Its the rebels that hop on cop to get a quick buck that ruin it for everyone.  Sadly, those people managed to make into Sgt and LT positions and have all the power now.  That needs to change as well.

Edited by HotWings
Patato and Morgan Echo like this
Just now, HotWings said:

Most of the guys that I see play cop all the time are more than willing to listen and reduce as long as you didnt just spend 20 minutes killing them at the bank and claim self defense.  Its the rebels that hop on cop to get a quick buck that ruin it for everyone.  

As I said, there is plenty of career cops and higher ups who do it too.  It's not just rebels.  I don't think it's worth arguing who is more at fault, there's greedy and immature people on both sides.  I just want to be able to explain my charges for thirty minutes and at least get something out of it. 

@Sheriff Rick Grimes you've killed so many of comrades from your rock near Kavala Castle. Slaughtering children and young cadets, I cri evrytiem. :FeelsBadMan: There's even a wanted poster of you in the HQ that says "Fast Process". (jk)

Nah, but in all seriousness I can relate to being a robocopped as a bounty hunter. Cops have a knee jerk reaction to strip you of your weapon and license BEFORE letting you explain your charges. It leaves a person in a sour mood and more inclined to make life hard for the APD knowing they won't get a chance to RP.

zane1 likes this
17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

rotor script removed/nerfed

move the prison

remove damage/fuel syncing through pullouts

maybe add some new caps to spice shit up or remove coke castle and replace with meth house

remove the spike strip shit from the fed

buff cop lethal payouts

make cop orcas cheaper

revert the chop shopping change so the chop prices are solid

olympus is constantly adding shit and hosting shit that players actually want, asylum on the other hand.. :FeelsBadMan:

It is completely frustrating. On top of 

move the prison

maybe add some new caps to spice shit up or remove coke castle and replace with meth house

make orcas cheaper

ALL of this needing to be done

they nerf chop shopping shit? do you honestly want it to be a civ only server with no rebels? @bamf @Gnashes @Paratus

cuz your literally making people not want to play rebel but ???

yNlQWRM.jpg?fb

Edited by Eric916
8 minutes ago, Cobra said:

@Sheriff Rick Grimes you've killed so many of comrades from your rock near Kavala Castle. Slaughtering children and young cadets, I cri evrytiem. :FeelsBadMan: There's even a wanted poster of you in the HQ that says "Fast Process". (jk)

Nah, but in all seriousness I can relate to being a robocopped as a bounty hunter. Cops have a knee jerk reaction to strip you of your weapon and license BEFORE letting you explain your charges. It leaves a person in a sour mood and more inclined to make life hard for the APD knowing they won't get a chance to RP.

Those rocks are hella comfy, great breeze up there.  You guys have gotten way smarter though.  Why yall gotta be rolling around with LTs now:FeelsBadMan:

Those rocks are hella comfy, great breeze up there.  You guys have gotten way smarter though.  Why yall gotta be rolling around with LTs now:FeelsBadMan:

Honestly, because there's too much trash attacking cops in locked houses so now we need active Lts. to break them down and drag their asses out. That has been an increasingly annoying occurrence these days.

Unless lethals are authorized :pogchamp:

Plus, there's a good handful of higher ups that prevent the cops from going full lemming and rushing to their deaths. 

17 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I just want to be able to explain my charges for thirty minutes and at least get something out of it. 

Typically the cop disregards everything you say and gives you a 50% ticket. Except @Flameless, he's probably the only cop that I know that actually listens to your story and takes into consideration the amount of time and effort you put towards your story. Hence why you will leave the the HQ with a pardon or significantly reduced ticket, and why he got SGT. so fast.

Winchester and Flameless like this
20 minutes ago, thero said:

Typically the cop disregards everything you say and gives you a 50% ticket. Except @Flameless, he's probably the only cop that I know that actually listens to your story and takes into consideration the amount of time and effort you put towards your story. Hence why you will leave the the HQ with a pardon or significantly reduced ticket, and why he got SGT. so fast.

Ive pardoned million dollar bounties back when people tried.  

Flameless likes this
2 hours ago, zane1 said:

Sorry I don't play cop 24/7 and read the guidebook everyday my mistake. I never said anything about no rp, I always tell my stories out when I get caught, I'm sorry not everyone is like you and wants to roleplay 24/7. Everyone has different ways of having run, rebels enjoy combat and APD enjoy RP thats just how its going to be.

Of course, I completely understand. Just saying a little more contribution to RP would be better out of rebels on the down low. 

Now it's filled with the repulsive interaction that is taking your phone and blasting sponge bob memes into your mic, screaming "neck yourself/ eat me" or complete silence. It's saddening. 

@thero <3

Edited by Flameless
thero and zane1 like this
20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

move the prison

buff cop lethal payouts

make cop orcas cheaper

revert the chop shopping change so the chop prices are solid

olympus is constantly adding shit and hosting shit that players actually want, asylum on the other hand.. :FeelsBadMan:

Increase group size to 15 @Gnashes

zane1 likes this

Mass kicks = Great server !!