Rebel Talent system???

Bash Barti

I don't think it adding a rebel system or "Dishonor" system of sorts is the way to fix it. To be honest I think we need a new bank, with less fuck you spots like the top of bank, unreachable, and first. Set it up more like a smaller fed. make the pay out a bit better, do this with fed as well. For the time being doing a bank or feb with a group barely pays for all of your loadouts, let alone money to do shit with. maybe even a new money heist all together, some big and requires a large team to pull off, make it hard as fuck but worth it. Plus this give us cops some more fun too.

Edited by conthegodoffire

Ok what would you like it to be?.Bounty hunter have honor system and corporal+ in APD have presitige system.What would rebels have?.Do you want people who have certain skill be able to use 7.62 or buy orca from rebel shop?.I think it would be a good addition but i am not sure what you will add in the skill tree.

Just now, frantic said:

Lower loadout prices.

Higher payouts during banks/feds (reduced times?)

lower prices for ifrits

more money when chop chop

Picking up dirty money from fridge puts it straight into gang bank? Even have it so its a 25% chance, then 50% chance, then 75% chance.

edit: Honestly adding a rebel talent tree would put you above all other life servers.

Got to agree with this to be honest. I am always a cop anyway so I do not know the problems of being a rebel, but from all the bitching I hear this fixes most of it.

Walt likes this
Just now, Silver-Spy said:

Ok what would you like it to be?.Bounty hunter have honor system and corporal+ in APD have presitige system.What would rebels have?.Do you want people who have certain skill be able to use 7.62 or buy orca from rebel shop?.I think it would be a good addition but i am not sure what you will add in the skill tree.

7.62 is already a generic talent for everyone but something that makes ifrits cheaper or cheaper mk-1s once you reach a certain amount of war points so no one has to spend 13.5k for it. Honestly i don't know but like everyone can come up with different ideas and maybe they implement something.

lilpump, Atra and Wizard like this

All gear purchased at rebel outposts should not be affected by governor tax

Just now, frantic said:

Picking up dirty money from fridge puts it straight into gang bank? Even have it so its a 25% chance, then 50% chance, then 75% 

I like this idea but instead of the option of 25%-75% chance of it all going straight in, maybe a gang perk where 25% of the time 15% of the dirty money goes into gang bank, then 25% goes in, then 35%

also add more ways to make money

new bank location, or a rotating bank location

fix prison a bit, causes massive frame drops

i think governor taxes, a small cut should go into the lottery

Just now, Mayhem said:

All gear purchased at rebel outposts should not be affected by governor tax

I like this idea but instead of the option of 25%-75% chance of it all going straight in, maybe a gang perk where 25% of the time 15% of the dirty money goes into gang bank, then 25% goes in, then 35%

also add more ways to make money

new bank location, or a rotating bank location

fix prison a bit, causes massive frame drops

i think governor taxes, a small cut should go into the lottery

Or all of it goes in so people fight for the cap rather then the money that's in it...

Just now, Bash Barti said:

Or all of it goes in so people fight for the cap rather then the money that's in it...

There has to be a little bit of risk of transportation of the money. Maybe they can make it. So either one of the following

1) when cartel is at cap, all remaining profit is directly into the gang bank

2) with gang talent tree a small % goes directly into gang bank upon retrieval from refrigerator

3) everytime the fridge receives money, a small % is automatically deposited into gang bank. For example. I process meth, the cartel cut, a percentage of that goes directly into account as well as the fridge. But still requires you to collect dirty money and sell as normal

Silver-Spy likes this
Just now, Mayhem said:

There has to be a little bit of risk of transportation of the money. Maybe they can make it. So either one of the following

1) when cartel is at cap, all remaining profit is directly into the gang bank

2) with gang talent tree a small % goes directly into gang bank upon retrieval from refrigerator

3) everytime the fridge receives money, a small % is automatically deposited into gang bank. For example. I process meth, the cartel cut, a percentage of that goes directly into account as well as the fridge. But still requires you to collect dirty money and sell as normal

Honestly the rate at which dirty money is produced in the cartels is so shit, sometimes the full three hours may pass with no more then 30k in total being generated and at that point it's so pathetic. It should generate at least 35k an hour automatically(without some gang running meth without drug cartel) so people have a full fridge at the end of restart.

Honestly the rate at which dirty money is produced in the cartels is so shit, sometimes the full three hours may pass with no more then 30k in total being generated and at that point it's so pathetic. It should generate at least 35k an hour automatically(without some gang running meth without drug cartel) so people have a full fridge at the end of restart.

I think it generates $2,400 every 5 minutes? Not entirely sure. It also depends on how many players on the server at the time

Silver-Spy likes this
Just now, Manolo said:

none of this matter when we have 20-30 people per server. 

Close one of the server already so we can at least get some server populated!

All the servers have become a farmers heaven!

+1 to closing one of the servers.

Edited by DJB
Manolo likes this
18 minutes ago, frantic said:

Lower loadout prices.

Higher payouts during banks/feds (reduced times?)

lower prices for ifrits

more money when chop chop

Picking up dirty money from fridge puts it straight into gang bank? Even have it so its a 25% chance, then 50% chance, then 75% chance.

edit: Honestly adding a rebel talent tree would put you above all other life servers.

I would like to see something where the more you process drugs the faster you can process them. Obviously this would cap out somewhere but it would be something to do and work towards.

TRYHARD, bum41 and Bash Barti like this
Just now, Steve said:

I would like to see something where the more you process drugs the faster you can process them. Obviously this would cap out somewhere but it would be something to do and work towards.

It should be 10% of any drug run should go into the gang bank of the people that own the cartel like olympus.

Atra likes this

As for the original thing here about adding a "Rebel talent system", let's chat about that a touch.  For a long time I wanted new systems added into the game.  Be it the APD precinct system, or the BH enhancements (skiptracer).  I would sit around and think about what would be needed to make those things happen.  I'd mention to the devs that we needed to do something (I was only an admin when those went in), but I never really had anything specific - and so they went nowhere.  

Just to give you guys a glimpse of what actually does get something implemented, I'm going to link the document I did that actually got skiptracer into the game.  This is the level of detail that you have to go into in order to make things happen.  Saying "we really need a rebel talent system" doesn't get me anywhere, but something like this did:

Skiptracer Game System

So for people that really want to help out and come up with something that can be implemented, something more along the lines of this is what you need to be willing to send to a dev.  

As for the rebel talent system in general, it hasn't been put in yet because I can't think of a few things that would make it worth doing (read that as balanced and done correctly):  

• How do you gain XP?  How do you prevent people from exploiting XP gain?
  • What should the trees really give the rebels?  Are "discounts" going to be seen as enough "content/reward" to make people want to grind it out

Once those questions can be satisfactorily answered, then there's a better chance that a system like this goes in.  

If you kill people at a gang war, you get war points. If you die from a gang war you lose war points. The tree should all be based off the amount of war points you have.  Perks like slightly cheaper ifrits and not pinging at certain places could be implemented but also upgraded. As a bounty hunter you have plenty of different perks that can be upgraded like crusader and master crusader. Different upgrades like cheaper CSATS or cheaper guns would be nice so no governor jews the fuck out of you on an MK-1. How about making cartels produce more dirty money or something to make rebel life more active. Try something that puts this life server above olympus. @bamf @Gnashes

Edited by Bash Barti
cancer
Blake. likes this

If you kill people at a gang war, you get war points. If you die from a gang war you lose war points. The tree should all be based off the amount of war points you have.  Perks like slightly cheaper ifrits and not pinging at certain places could be implemented but also upgraded. As a bounty hunter you have plenty of different perks that can be upgraded like crusader and master crusader. Different upgrades like cheaper CSATS or cheaper guns would be nice so no governor jews the fuck out of you on an MK-1. How about making cartels produce more dirty money or something to make rebel life more active. Try something that puts this life server above olympus. @bamf @Gnashes

Well if you're constantly losing/gaining war points (losingthemforme) Wouldn't it be easier so that you spend the war points like honor? Think about it since its an up or down system based on how many you have why not just have it so you can keep the perk by purchasing with those war points you've gained thats probably what you said in this but I probably miss understood it.

Just now, Vedalkenn said:

Well if you're constantly losing/gaining war points (losingthemforme) Wouldn't it be easier so that you spend the war points like honor? Think about it since its an up or down system based on how many you have why not just have it so you can keep the perk by purchasing with those war points you've gained thats probably what you said in this but I probably miss understood it.

Basically what i said...it would be the equivalent to an honor system for bounty hunters just with war points.

@bamf Some ideas (All percentages and talents themselves are just ideas. Reply with your own)

• "Place holder because I cant think of something"
    • No cost to pull vehicles from rebel outpost 
      • that + 5% reduction in vehicle cost,
        • that + 10% reduction in vehicle cost
  • "Trusted trader"
    • Sell gold bars to the rebel traders for 5% more,
      • 10% more,
        • and then 15% more
  • Steves Idea  for faster drug proccessing
    • 7% faster proccessing
      • 14% faster proccessing
        • 20% faster processing
  • "Master of arms"
    • 5% reduction in weapon prices at rebel outposts/turfs
      • 10% reduction
        • 15% reduction and 3 random weapons will be "on sale" for a low price
  • "Intimidate the guards"
    • 5% Chance of serving no jail time when arrested
      • 10% chance
        • 15% chance

Also ways to get points could be banks/prisons that are completed, capping cartels/turfs, chopping illegal vehicles/helis(Because chopping potato hatchs and ATVs would be exploited), Killing a bounty hunter that has you as a bounty, etc. 

I know its not your google doc format but this is just some ideas you could look to if you felt like implementing the rebel talent tree.

Just now, Steve said:

What do you mean by this exactly?

Money used to go directly into the gang bank (as I'm sure you're aware), but gangs merged to minimize their risk (thereby maximizing their profits) - which was not the way the mechanic was intended to function.  Thus the kumbaya comment - everyone was sitting around holding hands...

Flameless likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Money used to go directly into the gang bank (as I'm sure you're aware), but gangs merged to minimize their risk (thereby maximizing their profits) - which was not the way the mechanic was intended to function.  Thus the kumbaya comment - everyone was sitting around holding hands...

So your saying group cap solved the problem and the money going straight to gang bank should be brought back because people can no longer all be in the same gang?

Just now, bamf said:

If my memory serves me right there were far more gangs that fought cartels back then then there are now by a long shot. Gotta disagree dude.

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

So your saying group cap solved the problem and the money going straight to gang bank should be brought back because people can no longer all be in the same gang?

I should really look for that meme where the guy looks confused because that doesn't make any sense.  I think you're confusing being in a group with being in a gang.  Of course everyone can be in a single gang, they just can't all have hexes at a cartel...

Google™ likes this

Xp rewarded for killing civilians within 500 meters of a cartel: 10 (with a limit of 20 per restart) (disallow group/gang reward) 

Reward for killing warring gang members: 50 with a limit of 20 per restart (only rewarded when war points are awarded) (this would be incredibly easy for friends to exploit. Must look into. Perhaps an individual cap of 2-3 kills against the same person per restart) 

Reward for detonating a suicide vest or speed bomb: 150 limited one per restart

Reward for selling gold bar: 100 plus 60 to any nearby group members

Reward for successfully lockpicking cars: 5 with a limit of 25 per restart

Reward for selling drugs: 4 per 5k of drugs sold

Reward for killing cops: 2 each with a limit of 25 per restart

Maybe 1 for every 2 war rating

Reward for charge of robbery: 15 with a limit of 15 per restart (perhaps make it based on the amount of $ robbed, disallow gang/group robberies.)

Reward for bank/fed robbery: 20 with a limit of 10 per restart 10 additional to the one who successfully finishes drilling into bank vault. 

Reward for prison break: 10. 20 additional if it is a success. 

Reward for selling dirty money to rebel: 25 for every 15k sold. No limit. 

Reward for harvesting organs: 30

Reward for executing someone: 5 with a limit of 20 per restart (disallow medics, gang, and group members) 

Add reward to chopping vehicles. Perhaps $2K gained at chop shop pays a 1 point reward, with bonuses for the vehicles the chop shop is looking for. 

Reward for black market production: must figure out how this will work. 

I'm thinking of the same 200/2000/10000/50000 that bounty hunter has. 

The possibilities are endless. Give feedback. 

I will look into the perk possibilities and ideas tomorrow. And I'll compile this on a document if that's how bamf really wants it. 

Edited by Swift F
2 hours ago, Swift F said:

Xp rewarded for killing civilians within 500 meters of a cartel: 10 (with a limit of 20 per restart) (disallow group/gang reward) 

Reward for killing warring gang members: 50 with a limit of 20 per restart (only rewarded when war points are awarded) (this would be incredibly easy for friends to exploit. Must look into. Perhaps an individual cap of 2-3 kills against the same person per restart) 

Reward for detonating a suicide vest or speed bomb: 150 limited one per restart

Reward for selling gold bar: 100 plus 60 to any nearby group members

Reward for successfully lockpicking cars: 5 with a limit of 25 per restart

Reward for selling drugs: 4 per 5k of drugs sold

Reward for killing cops: 2 each with a limit of 25 per restart

Maybe 1 for every 2 war rating

Reward for charge of robbery: 15 with a limit of 15 per restart (perhaps make it based on the amount of $ robbed, disallow gang/group robberies.)

Reward for bank/fed robbery: 20 with a limit of 10 per restart 10 additional to the one who successfully finishes drilling into bank vault. 

Reward for prison break: 10. 20 additional if it is a success. 

Reward for selling dirty money to rebel: 25 for every 15k sold. No limit. 

Reward for harvesting organs: 30

Reward for executing someone: 5 with a limit of 20 per restart (disallow medics, gang, and group members) 

Add reward to chopping vehicles. Perhaps $2K gained at chop shop pays a 1 point reward, with bonuses for the vehicles the chop shop is looking for. 

Reward for black market production: must figure out how this will work. 

I'm thinking of the same 200/2000/10000/50000 that bounty hunter has. 

The possibilities are endless. Give feedback. 

I will look into the perk possibilities and ideas tomorrow. And I'll compile this on a document if that's how bamf really wants it. 

how many fucking war points do we need

1 hour ago, Bash Barti said:

how many fucking war points do we need

The reward isn't in war points, it would be the equivalent of bounty hunter honor, but since rebels do a lot more than turn people into jail, there would be a lot more ways to earn it, therefore the payouts would have to be much smaller so as to ensure it takes time and effort to reach the top perks.

Just now, Swift F said:

The reward isn't in war points, it would be the equivalent of bounty hunter honor, but since rebels do a lot more than turn people into jail, there would be a lot more ways to earn it, therefore the payouts would have to be much smaller so as to ensure it takes time and effort to reach the top perks.

ummm hello i'm saying how many war points would we need for these perks bruh, just like how much honor a bh needs to get master crusader 

Rebel skill tree

Ok after some time thinking and making notes i came up with the google document trying to push forward the idea of Rebel tree system.The link above will lead you to the document

Some of skills are taken from @tryhardsqueaker comment and general feedback i got from people.The skills i have created could have been classified into more groups but i could not mash them up together.Please feel free to comment on any of the perks i have created and ignore any grammar mistakes if there is any.

I also encourage you guys to give your general feedback on this document and also use my ideas to create a better version of it if you want to.Also find out the possible drawbacks of it if any.

@bamf @Gnashes @Gen. Henry Arnold

Edited by Silver-Spy
Bash Barti and TRYHARD like this