Section F, Number 5

139768721586.gif.04ced25f202e745aa42ba40

Now being serious I would liek to give my opinion about this (new captains) I would like to see someone like Abraams as a Captain, good cop, cool person, etc. On the other hand we have 95% of LTs who dont give a shit about you or your story, egocentrics af or acting like assholes, they just dont care, abusing lethals all the time etc etc. Imo we dont need to have a bad ass or drill instructor as a captain I think we all want is a guy doing the "right" thing having in mind that after all this is just a goddamn videogame.

Edited by Hakeem
Aabrams and Zoex like this
3 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

I think it was partly because they wielded the power of the Hunter HMG now that I think about it, that was probably why people said "oh shit" hehe

I remember Nighteyes would log in, spawn a hunter HMG and wipe innovative.  Now that I think about it, it was kinda justified because civilians were fleeing to server 2 like Syrian Refugees because Innovative was way too big and killing lots and lots of people.  Glad the HMG is gone though, so fucking glad lmao.

Story time. I was a cadet and was eligible for my ride along. I requested Durga. It was a 3 hour ride along and it fucking sucked. However I made constable and I believe Durga made me a better cop overall. Love him or hate him I still believe he was a superior captain than what we have. That being said we have re-edited the video to include him:

well damn, that took a long time to read through every post on here, but I guess I better make an input too, so get ready for, as FSA would call it, Flushas story time :wub:

I came back to cop a couple months ago, overall though I joined mid-late 2014, some of the Captains were hated back then, but if you had a discussion with those that hated them (mainly Durga) they would still agree they had made many positive impacts to the APD as a whole, and were still making it a better place for all, which cannot be said for some of the current Captains.

whilst speaking to many higher ups, without mentioning names in case they do not wish to be involved, many people do not see Hypanius as being fit for the Captain rank, and some the same for Ed, from my personal view point, Jamooze is a very fair guy, he sits and holds a proper conversation with anybody that has any issues and gives people a chance to explain themselves, I personally don't see any reason as to why he should be removed, whilst others have had stuff to say about Ed, I personally have seen him do no wrong either, but if what was said about the SGT's was true, that kind of thing is not what we should see from Captains, as it basically makes the entire ranking system useless and we may as well just have Cadets, Constables and Captains, as the higher ups are slowly being stripped of their responsibilities, now, for mr Hypanius, in the time I have been back, almost every effort to make contact with him was greeted with a "cba" attitude, any time I asked a basic question through text,he would reply, but if I ever asked for any actual help, or to talk about something, it would just be ignored or he would say he is too busy to talk, and hey, I get people are busy, but why sit in the Captains office for 4 hours if you're not going to be doing anything for those entire 4 hours? every time I see Jamooze or Ed in there, and I ask them for help on anything or to discuss something, I get help in no time at all, everything gets settled fairly and everyone goes off happy, now, I cannot make a massive say on it, as none of it happened to me, but pretty much ever conversation that has been negative about the APD, and no, this is not just in a rebel Teamspeak, this is sat in senior police chambers, support rooms, active cop channels playing in game, everywhere, from cadets, higher ups, pure rebels, almost every conversation has included Hypanius, and most of them I would agree with, while yes, Durga was hated, almost everyone, as you can see in this thread, still agreed he was a fucking good Captain, and yes, he was a dick to people at times, but he got shit done and actually improved the APD, not just demote people because he can and insist what he says is right and what he says goes, he still spoke to other people of other ranks and got other opinions before doing stuff, the higher ups seem to be left out, and whatever the Captains say goes, and yes, the Captains get final say, but 3 people can't speak for every single white listed officer, last time I checked, be it a while ago, there was over 1,000 white listed officer, and you have to include their voices in decisions, and also civs, this is where speaking to Sergeants and Lt's helps, they play in game a lot, they speak to gang mates, civ friends, cadets, constables etc a lot and get input from every angle and can help to make a better decision, so include them, show them why they are a higher up and ask them, don't just throw them in the gutter and have the "im right, you're wrong" mentality.

TL:DR: Jamooze is a good guy, gives everyone a voice and lets them speak their side before making decisions, and makes fair, unbiased choices, so I personally think he should be left as is.

Ed, I have seen him do no wrong personally, so I have no input, others say he has done wrong, but that's for them to talk about and discuss with those voting and making the choice, not me :D

Hypanius, no, just no.

Leviathan likes this
10 hours ago, Murmurs said:

Funny you should mention that, as it's one of the major flaws with current system of APD, but none of cpts want to fix the popularity thing as it removes ease of promos to friends. The tale of Jamooze, the wee constable. He was denied corporal promo because he wasn't found to be a fit leader at the time and blew up on forums about it. Next round came and Sgts still found him lack luster in leadership and did not want to promote, but lts/admins stepped in and basically told us to promote him. So he was made corp (the only rank the lts/cpts aren't supposed to influence) and within 4 wks was sgt, 3 wks later Lt. and maybe a month after that, Captain. Could always find him playing with Lts/cpts. So if you ever want to know next Lts, just look in senior channels. If you don't play with the next rank or the top, you're not "known"

I was a career cop for a year and and few months before I mistakenly made that post. I never cared about ranking up, always had 3+ cadets with me, and never played with higher ups. The only reason higher ranks knew me is because I was a constable with a lot of the old timers(when they were constables themselves). Only reason some of the admins know me is because I played civ for 6 months before I ever became a cop and a lot of them were non admin constables who would arrest me all the time. 

Seriously though, I can own up to my mistake of making that post, and I hope my constant leniency shows that I know people make mistakes but also know it doesn't define who we are. I apologize to all the perfect individuals who never make mistakes, but that's just not me. What I failed to realize when I made that post is that it's literally impossible for a SGT+ to promote someone they don't know, how could they? So who do we put the blame on, the user for not finding the higher ups or higher ups for not finding the users?

Oh, and by the way Murmurs, my actual feedback was that my playtime was 40% and that no one knew me (because I didn't play with higher ups! whoops!) So please make sure you have your facts straight before you try to sling someone through the mud. 

This is the last time I'll be visiting this post but would like to say that if ANYONE ever has an issue / idea/ complaint/ what-the-fuck-ever it may be I am ALWAYS willing to speak to you. I don't think I am special, smart, or anything more than another person. My only goal as Captain is to give my all to my favorite gaming community who has treated me so well over the last couple of years.

I love you all - Jamooze

Volunteer281, Fluxah, Larry and 8 others like this

I am going to say it. If you guys have a problem with the Captains and think they can't be removed you're all dead wrong

We have 2 Community Managers. Give them the proof of the abuse and they can take it to Paratus the God of All things Asylum.

:kappa: Personally I like all 3 Captains because every time I am near them I don't get killed/belittled or called a douchebag.

Hell.. I don't even get noticed, that's a good thing in my book.

Olivia likes this

Sorry Gents,  But Durga isn't the answer to this either. There were different problems back in the days of Durga. I remember SGT's and LT's during that time frame demanding changes be made to playtime requirements, and those demands being ignored / told to step down. And nothing changed until a large percentage of existing LT's and SGT's stepped down, and then the Captains stepped down. 

18 hours ago, HotWings said:

The problem with the APD flat out from what I can see is Ed.  Ed has threatened to remove ALL the Sgts because his corporal promotion process was overly complicated and required too much work and  I stood up against it.  I got backing from multiple other people after taking my stand and things all went downhill from there. Ed proved to be extremely immature, proved he cannot take any criticism, and proved to me and many others that he does not deserve to be a captain.  Instead of talking about the issues we had with us, he basically threw a hissy fit, threw out the system and created a new one on the spot that was 100% worse.  Trying to talk to him just made it worse, instead of having an adult conversation and talking about the issues he just told us that we didn’t like his process so he will force this one on us and oh well. If you quit that just gives me more promotion opportunities.  We asked what the other captains would think and his response was “how dare you question me”.  Talking with people who have tried to talk to him it’s very clear to me that he is nothing but a bully and he is very vocal that because he is a captain he can do as he pleases and there are no repercussions for his actions. 

While I may not agree entirely with what HotWings said here, I was part of this argument. And I agree with the part where Ed was being very stubborn and abused his power trying to force  changes on APD Staff when a lot of staff members spoke out against it. I personally asked what the other captains thought about this, questioning if Ed had been making these changes with the approval of the other captains (since they weren't partaking in the VERY heated debate). And I was personally called out and told "@Psycosis HOW DARE YOU" And then shortly there after told to get into voice comm's on discord to chat with Ed. I somehow managed to maintain my position and rank in the APD, but I was allowed to voice my opinions without being removed.  I also have some very fond memories of Ed, like shooting a drone out of the sky. Or saving video footage of a certain gang VDM'ing his ocra in pygros HQ. But power corrupts. 

In closing here is a quote that I think fits this situation perfectly. 

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority; still more when you superadd the tendency of the certainty of corruption by authority.” Lord Acton

Edited by Psycosis
spelling mistakes
Olivia, rngr and Mc Duushe like this