Again, Locking it doesnt make it wrong.

Just now, Vanilla Coke said:

This x1000000

But, there is change everywhere Sugarfoot, cheaters, exploiters (guilty), and toxic players are getting banned every day, what more could you ask?

Theres alot running around, and it just seems unfair when one person (Sheep) is banned while Im watching the more likeable community members run around saying filthy things that would even one up sheep. Thats my point, if we are going to clean something up, eithor set ground rules, or clean the whole thing up

6 minutes ago, Hiraku said:

Shit like that makes me fucking angry. I dont give a shit if people insult how I play, ill trash talk back. But if it starts to branch into someone's personal life the admin team needs to step in. Its a line that should not be crossed.

When these things come to our attention, we do take action on them. No matter the circumstances, when it turns into real world harassment we take it extremely seriously. If you see this sort of thing taking place in game, on teamspeak or here on the forums. Report it immediately.

The whole reason Asylum is named Asylum is that it's supposed to be a safe haven for people. A place where everyone can come, play some video games and have a pleasant experience. Free from administrative abuse and free from a toxic community.

The fact that we have a lot wrapped up in that is one of the reasons why the growing gulf of mistrust between players and staff is so frustrating and the same can be said for the recent bent towards all out, no holds barred toxicity from player to player. It's a really sad situation and it's my hope that everyone can take a step back, treat each other well and those who are unable or unwilling to do that, will be swiftly removed from the community.

People shouldn't have to avoid playing a video game (A FUCKING VIDEO GAME) because they don't want their personal information shared, their realworld appearance mocked, or to be harassed incessantly because they won a virtual firefight. That right there, is something that simply will not be tolerated. If you see that, report it. Please. 

Leviathan likes this
3 minutes ago, henky said:

dude are you just that stupid or are you trolling us ? you see him cleary pressing the mute buttom that activated the no recoil script.  when his sound was normal his recoil was scrazy off.  when he put its on its activated. i'm done you just fucking dumb to protect a guy using no recoil to be better at a game.

I mean I could be completly wrong and dumb, henky, its just my opinion. Ofc my opinion doesnt make me automatically right.

I made my post about a few things, its just that its been going towards my opinion about harley, which is MY opinion not a fact. Theres still alot of issues with asylum that i think are causing alot of conflict.

Just now, Buckwalter said:

When these things come to our attention, we do take action on them. No matter the circumstances, when it turns into real world harassment we take it extremely seriously. If you see this sort of thing taking place in game, on teamspeak or here on the forums. Report it immediately.

The whole reason Asylum is named Asylum is that it's supposed to be a safe haven for people. A place where everyone can come, play some video games and have a pleasant experience. Free from administrative abuse and free from a toxic community.

The fact that we have a lot wrapped up in that is one of the reasons why the growing gulf of mistrust between players and staff is so frustrating and the same can be said for the recent bent towards all out, no holds barred toxicity from player to player. It's a really sad situation and it's my hope that everyone can take a step back, treat each other well and those who are unable or unwilling to do that, will be swiftly removed from the community.

People shouldn't have to avoid playing a video game (A FUCKING VIDEO GAME) because they don't want their personal information shared, their realworld appearance mocked, or to be harassed incessantly because they won a virtual firefight. That right there, is something that simply will not be tolerated. If you see that, report it. Please. 

^

I have seen alot of people banned for harrassing each other IRL lately, and its appreciated. Theres a line man

Just now, HotWings said:

I remember when the Df cuties were protecting Valiant, Corrado, King, and Fearless x3times?  Hell even I protected King for a few days until I seen the video.  

I didn't think he hacked until I saw the evidence, I wanted nothing to do with him after that. He even hacked in CS:GO, he dropped a 60 bomb the only game I played with him, and they claimed he was Supreme.

This thread is honestly just stuck on repeat. I think its fair to let it run to begin with so everyone has their say, i like to see the different opinions/videos of a variety of members but at this point it just needs locking. 

People banned for cheating, cheated. There is no way around it and this discussion is going nowhere. 

Edited by Inquisitor
Just now, Inquisitor said:

This thread is honestly just stuck on repeat. I think its fair to let it run to begin with so everyone has their say, i like to see the different opinions/videos of a variety of members but at this point it just needs locking. 

People ban for cheating, cheated. There is no way around it and this discussion is going nowhere. 

The thread should be going away from the bans and towards things like missing content, toxicity, and alot of biased shit that has been going on. You fixed a small problem with a captain but theres alot more my friend

yes hello this is SFB reporting in

after minutes of testing i have come to the conclusion that harley is in fact innocent

by clicking f1 with norecoil.ahk in the background i was able to generate similar effects as to what harley had gotten.

however, with norecoil.ahk disabled i noticed that there was no difference between having sound on and sound off.

footage of norecoil.ahk has been censored for my protection, but here is the sum of my findings.

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

The thread should be going away from the bans and towards things like missing content, toxicity, and alot of biased shit that has been going on. You fixed a small problem with a captain but theres alot more my friend

Those are valid things to discuss man but maybe make a new thread. 

Just now, HotWings said:

What does arma being fucked have to do with someone cheating?

Because you are stating old issues while there are new ones that are identical. Weather you realize it or not, while you cops are attempting to RP while fighting (Which I commend you trying it shows character) , it basically replicates a lag switch to your enemies. There are plenty of things that still go on even without anyones intention that need fixing that to me are similar

1 minute ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

after minutes of testing i have come to the conclusion that harley is in fact innocent

by clicking f1 with norecoil.ahk in the background i was able to generate similar effects as to what harley had gotten.

however, with norecoil.ahk disabled i noticed that there was no difference between having sound on and sound off.

footage of norecoil.ahk has been censored for my protection, but here is the sum of my findings.

I mean at the end you gather your mouse properly, whats the difference that he did his faster then you?

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

Sean//fittyBread 3rd Party Apps PERM (Volunteer)

1 minute ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

Beuh Are you on s3?

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

I mean if you are going to post something dont troll, you arnt even attempting to pull the mouise down

i clearly pull my mouse down on the second and 4th tries

i dont understand what that has to do with less recoil but perhaps you need glasses

SFB signing out getting to close to warning points for my comfort

Drew and Vanilla like this

Pro tip by Diseased :

Don't cheat, dont intentionally lag, don't use scripts.

Simple you have nothing to worry about if you aren't doing anything wrong.

I remember when everyone accused me and several others for this no recoil shit, sure people get banned for cheating, but bamf and motown just don't ban people, believe me. Hell even bamf himself thought I had no recoil and I'm still here, so don't give me these lame ass excuses that you / friends are getting banned w/o proof.

Edited by Diseased
Rodrigo, Patrick and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this
Just now, Diseased said:

Pro tip by Diseased :

Don't cheat, dont intentionally lag, don't use scripts.

Simple you have nothing to worry about if you aren't doing anything wrong.

I remember when everyone accused me and several others for this no recoil shit, sure people get banned for cheating, but bamf and motown just don't ban people, believe me.

That was the smallest thing on the list of reasons why this community / server has issues.

Not gonna Lie, Leon, you are a cool guy, but what you are saying is wrong, you know Harley is using some shit, its obvious, and tbh back to what you said about bb and nv, etc. being called cheaters, exploiters and such...... Thats the worst part considering that you ALWAYS call randoms out on cheating, exploiting, if a random is kicked for battle eye or high ping you call Cl, if you get killed you say shit, kinda hypocritical imo

Voltage and RedNecked like this

Alright, this thread is rapidly turning into a dumpster fire. Let's see if we can get this back on track. Or at least a little less off track. 

13 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

You guys are missing the point, this thread wasnt about Harley. It was about alot of things,

1.) Toxicity to each other - cut the shit out , especially with the real life comments.

2.) Biased opinions on players - APD stop treating your friends like gold and your enemies like shit. RP , Admins - Dont ban the players you dislike only, theres plenty of toxic fish out there , if you ban one for toxicity you should ban them all - they all deserve it. Moderators - Go learn the rules, you have much to learn and its showing how green you are

3.) Stop fucking taking hacked money and pretending you dont know any better, you know damn well its ruining the server every time that comes around

4.) Gang life is dying, there needs change

1) Toxicity is out of hand. I agree. If the community would like to see change in this area, you have several options. Lobby the CM's for stricter behavioral guidelines. Make a conscious effort to not propagate this type of behavior, e.g. not giving the desired response when this stuff goes on in side chat. Lastly and perhaps most effectively, the community comes together to boycott this toxic behavior. Condition people to understand that acting like an ass, gets you precisely nothing. No fun fights, no fun roleplay, no reduced tickets, no attention of any kind. If you want to act like an ass, enjoy being a pariah. 

2) It is a concern that some people use the APD as a vehicle for messing with people they don't like. Ultimately that's probably not going to be an easy thing to change. It's a large issue that is very difficult to control for. However, if everyone could just acknowledge that everyone, even people they don't like are just trying to relax and enjoy a game, I think we could see some major improvements in this area.

As for admin bias, there are some cases where we could improve on this. We often are too lenient with veteran players. It's not intentional, but it seems to go that way. As for banning people we dislike, most of the time if there is a player we have an issue with, we simple hand the matter to a different admin. But incidents involving personal feelings are so incredibly rare, it hardly merits a mention. After a while, all bans and reports just become numbers and letters. You look at the evidence, you see they broke a rule, you look at their prior history and assign the appropriate number of days. It's not a matter of like or dislike, it's a matter of did or did not.

There can of course be significant discrepancies in the appeals process however. But 99% of the time, that comes down to a disparity in personal skills. Someone who is contrite and affable will fare much better than someone who comes in with an attitude and starts bandying about their innocence in the face of clear proof. So most of the time, it comes down to understand of the rules, attitude and likelihood of recidivism. 

3) Agreed. It's a pain to take it all away, it's obnoxious when people are like, "wait wut? I cant hazz 40 million cash? i dinn no!!" And considering how easy it is to get caught, it's not worth your time to hide it. Just don't. 

4) Gang life dying is a complex and debatable issue. The super gang style is dead. It's just not feasible anymore. Many would contend that this is a good thing. However the health of more moderate gangs is a concern at the moment. Some contend that lacking financial incentives and inability to stockpile money is the primary factor, others assert the toxic environment to be causal. I personally believe that it has more to do with fighting other gangs being highly unpleasant, but can agree that cartel incentives are perhaps a touch thin at the moment. But that's really an issue deserve of it's own discussion, entirely divorced from the chaos of this thread. 

3 minutes ago, Ballsack noodle said:

Not gonna Lie, Leon, you are a cool guy, but what you are saying is wrong, you know Harley is using some shit, its obvious, and tbh back to what you said about bb and nv, etc. being called cheaters, exploiters and such...... Thats the worst part considering that you ALWAYS call randoms out on cheating, exploiting, if a random is kicked for battle eye or high ping you call Cl, if you get killed you say shit, kinda hypocritical imo

I stated that ima hipocrit, but its still a problem none the less

4 minutes ago, MrSmoke said:

But is Bang innocent ? who knows.

Plenty of people in FSA have done some things, doesn't make all of you bad people

Edited by Sugarfoot