Again, Locking it doesnt make it wrong.

Good luck to the new gangs that will be taking over, enjoy the server while you can, make friends you can keep. I really enjoyed my time here but im not sure if I can honestly say that I  want to be a gang leader of a gang anymore. Ive shared leadership in Valarous, Siege - Been a member in DF , Titan, FSA , Fukanese Dragons , and a Leader in Rebel Department. As this server has progressed I have found more and more love for the game and the server watching the different players and learning little bits of things from them and applying it. I enjoyed trying to recruit members, trying to train my gang, and doing the best we could weather it was dog shit sometimes or not. 

With that being said Im not going to waste anymore time trying to progress when Bans are being handed out left and right. Im not throwing anyone under the bus or making a hate post, but I mean ive seen Player X , Y , Z being banned left and right , and quite honestly I have no energy left to try to get better when you risk getting banned for progressing. The amount of hackusations is an all time high, and apparently a few salty gangs whom are real buddy buddy have good opinions. Im not wasting anymore time making money, training people, playing the politics game and recruiting people to go to a cartel where the server lags so much we all call each other Lag switchers, and those who get good and dont have ties in the higher tiers of the community are just labeled cheaters.

Its growing quite clear to me that people with personal dislike towards a player (Not naming anyone or any player because this isnt a throw you under the bus thread) , seem to direct a ban and make a video in to a witch hunt. Im not going to hang around and wait for the day that im the next guy everyone hates / train another person so he can be chosen to be the punching bag.

I still enjoy playing and I will still play but I don't see the point in putting any effort into being a larger member of this community, a leader of a fucking gang, or even a valued opponent. Whats the point? I have a better chance of starting fresh on another server where people dont have prejudged opinions from there rebel friends and ingame arguments with other players. When you have power you should keep your personal taste out of the choices you make.

This isn't Just about my gang, im Tired of seeing everyone call Bad blood Cheaters, Call Insanity Exploiters, Call Envy lag switchers, while I can't say that I havn't said it my self when I get angry or salty , but its just too much. The second someone from lets face it, X gang or Y gang that has good ties with the admins points a finger a fucking witch hunt goes out. 

Ill pass man,  Just understand that I hope you have the best evidense in the world without a doubt to say someone cheats, because you kill gangs when you do that, and without gangs your server has a police force that has no one to fight. Yes I get it you love to RP, but how many pistol bangers are going to RP with you?

TLDR: Take a hint, you are killing your servers, player after player who has played 2+ years are telling you. Thanks for the fun and the time you put in regardless.  

Just now, Nex said:

I don't understand what you expect to get out of this. If you and your friends are going to this much length to get this out there then you obviously want more than what you stated. Just be done with it already and move on.

You are a new member to the community, you dont understand. It has nothing to do with me or my friends. Go through the forums , go read diseased's posts, go read wang liquin's posts, go read anyone whos been here for awhile and see. People who have played here for awhile have been offering advice and its been unheaded. The point of posts people are making is that people are quiting the server, not one by one, but gang by gang. That will kill the server, and no one wants that. This has been the only game i have played for the 8 months. I dont want to see this server end up being a shit show, so i am voicing my opinion , weather that matters or not is up to those who read it

Frizzy likes this
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

You are a new member to the community, you dont understand. It has nothing to do with me or my friends. Go through the forums , go read diseased's posts, go read wang liquin's posts, go read anyone whos been here for awhile and see. People who have played here for awhile have been offering advice and its been unheaded. The point of posts people are making is that people are quiting the server, not one by one, but gang by gang. That will kill the server, and no one wants that. This has been the only game i have played for the 8 months. I dont want to see this server end up being a shit show, so i am voicing my opinion , weather that matters or not is up to those who read it

Nex isn't new...lmao

Edited by epTic
explicit, Sergio and Nex like this

I am new? I have been here since May 2014, and just recently switched to my normal persona. If so many people have done what you have just done then it obviously isn't going to solve anything. If you truly want to better the community and the servers then try to think of something that no one else has. Find a better way. If you have been here so long then I would expect you to know that even this approach will not solve what you are hoping for. Next time try starting with, what can we do and/or figure out to better our community and how it handles situations. Gather responses from multiple people and compile a case that doesn't sound so much like complaining. I could go on about better ways but i'm not trying to put down your efforts, I just believe this could have been handled a different way.

thanks

SheriffJohnBeard likes this
7 minutes ago, epTic said:

"my friends got banned for scripting and dupin, but they did nothing wrong." 

Get the fuck outta here, keep Aidzo, Brezz, and Nickis banned. 

The point of this topic has nothing to do with my friends. Dont kid your self for one second if you think i like addon or sheep, but you are out of your mind if you think those two deserved a ban.

Frizzy, Vito Lorenzo and Shepurd like this
Just now, Nex said:

I am new? I have been here since May 2014, and just recently switched to my normal persona. If so many people have done what you have just done then it obviously isn't going to solve anything. If you truly want to better the community and the servers then try to think of something that no one else has. Find a better way. If you have been here so long then I would expect you to know that even this approach will not solve what you are hoping for. Next time try starting with, what can we do and/or figure out to better our community and how it handles situations. Gather responses from multiple people and compile a case that doesn't sound so much like complaining. I could go on about better ways but i'm not trying to put down your efforts, I just believe this could have been handled a different way.

thanks

I personal messaged two admins , and a CM with all my idea's , sat down and talked with them. With that being said I have noticed respectable members of the community making posts similar that have attracted many views thus creating the spread of the idea. The point of my post is to again, reiterate that the idea is still valid, there is still a huge problem. Its no different then how Ed was removed, if enough people say shits wrong, well maybe shit is wrong.

Vito Lorenzo, Shepurd and Nex like this
Just now, ofekl said:

Some of the stuff you say is right .however before i continue , i dont want to waste my time either , do you actually think aidzo and nickis dont deserve to be banned ?

I can't say for sure, I have only fought aidzo maybe four times, I fought nickis maybe 50 times and didnt think much of him. What I can say for sure is the people being banned recently are people I have fought against / with and watched, and they are not cheating. 

23 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Firstly, I'd like to point out that Nex has been here forever. Prior to the garage change 18 months ago, he had the last surviving fuel truck in his garage (asylum used to have fuel trucks). 

As to the larger issue at hand, while I appreciate your attempt to avoid specifics and keep things conceptual, it's made it somewhat difficult to distill down your point. If you're suggesting people are being banned for cheating willy nilly because someone accused them of cheating, I can assure you that isn't the way we operate. Motown and Paratus would not tolerate such an approach.

Continuing, if your assertion is that hackusations end up getting people banned, the answer again is no. That being said, when someone is suspected of cheating, more and more people will record and report which eventually can lead to more thorough administrative investigation. But even then, we have thorough evidentiary requirements that must be upheld. Which is why there is often frustration in the community about "inaction" against people that are broadly suspected of cheating. If we don't have the evidence, we don't ban. 

Further, I understand many people are left feeling unsatisfied with the outcome of these investigations as the evidence is never made public, not even to the player in question. So their friends and associates are often outraged and decry the entire process as unfair and corrupt. However this is done simply to ensure that people don't know how they were caught and cannot easily avoid detection in the future. 

Lastly, yes these things seem to be happening with increased frequency. People get in these weird feuds with other players, a lot of shit talk in side chat, egos on the line, burnt out and apathetic, etc etc and they decide to cheat. Or use other insidious means of securing an advantage. Then they get caught, then they get banned, then the silent majority sights in relief while the individual's friends go apoplectic on the forums.  

If I have failed to address your specific concerns, please let me know and I will attempt to do so. But the broad point I'm trying to make is that this is a video game, sometimes people cheat and as a result we have to ban them. I know that it's frustrating and the policy of secrecy exacerbates that, but we're all trying our best to ensure a healthy, fun and cheater free experience for everyone who plays asylum. 

As for your concerns about toxicity, I'm in complete agreement. I think it's gotten worse and frankly out of hand. The amount of outright ugliness that people throw at eachother is unbelievable and it's a shame. But there isn't much we can do currently to get people to interact with eachother with a little basic decency. 

This is the type of bickering that is going to get this thread locked, once again. Knock it off and act like civilized human beings, not like a bunch of Kavala trolls. We're a community, and we're here to have fun. Not to go at each other's throats constantly. We all have our opinions, but the way you are going about stating said opinion, is not constructive and highly toxic...

4 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

Firstly, I'd like to point out that Nex has been here forever. Prior to the garage change 18 months ago, he had the last surviving fuel truck in his garage (asylum used to have fuel trucks). 

As to the larger issue at hand, while I appreciate your attempt to avoid specifics and keep things conceptual, it's made it somewhat difficult to distill down your point. If you're suggesting people are being banned for cheating willy nilly because someone accused them of cheating, I can assure you that isn't the way we operate. Motown and Paratus would not tolerate such an approach.

Continuing, if your assertion is that hackusations end up getting people banned, the answer again is no. That being said, when someone is suspected of cheating, more and more people will record and report which eventually can lead to more thorough administrative investigation. But even then, we have thorough evidentiary requirements that must be upheld. Which is why there is often frustration in the community about "inaction" against people that are broadly suspected of cheating. If we don't have the evidence, we don't ban. 

Further, I understand many people are left feeling unsatisfied with the outcome of these investigations as the evidence is never made public, not even to the player in question. So their friends and associates are often outraged and decry the entire process as unfair and corrupt. However this is done simply to ensure that people don't know how they were caught and cannot easily avoid detection in the future. 

Lastly, yes these things seem to be happening with increased frequency. People get in these weird feuds with other players, a lot of shit talk in side chat, egos on the line, burnt out and apathetic, etc etc and they decide to cheat. Or use other insidious means of securing an advantage. Then they get caught, then they get banned, then the silent majority sights in relief while the individuals friends go apoplectic on the forums.  

If I have failed to address your specific concerns, please let me know and I will attempt to do so. But the broad point I'm trying to make is that this is a video game, sometimes people cheat and as a result we have to ban them. I know that it's frustrating and the policy of secrecy exacerbates that, but we're all trying our best to ensure a healthy, fun and cheater free experience for everyone who plays asylum. 

As for your concerns about toxicity, I'm in complete agreement. I think it's gotten worse and frankly out of hand. The amount of outright ugliness that people throw at eachother is unbelievable and it's a shame. But there isn't much we can do currently to get people to interact with eachother with a little basic decency. 

I appreciate you taking notice, one thing id like to point out is players are never given any glipse of evidence to defend them selves - for good reason, but when players offer up there PC's for scans / control and offer to recreate video's and show that there combat is identical previous and post issue. That should shed some light and you should be willing. I have seen people banned and accused for no recoil because they know how to pull the gun down man.... i offered to recreate exact situations, given IP's to servers that video's were obtained from, and its all just fruitless. We both know those avenues will never be gone down or used. Itll just be swept away

and just an FYI for readers No im not banned, No i don't cheat. I just am saying that the "Cheaters" arn;t doing anything special that anyone who fights cartels can't do. Take five minutes out of your day and go practice quick peeking, aim centering, and finding an fov you like

Edited by Sugarfoot

I can't say for sure, I have only fought aidzo maybe four times, I fought nickis maybe 50 times and didnt think much of him. What I can say for sure is the people being banned recently are people I have fought against / with and watched, and they are not cheating. 

Well , after the "nv wave" when they got unbanned afterwards , admins are sure that if they ban someone , he deserved to be banned .They have something you don't , proofs and admin cam . they know better than us , cause you or me cant tell if someone is cheating most of the times . [unless he is going ham or did some sketchy ass shit] .
i fought against aidzo and he did some sketchy ass shit , cant tell he is cheating for sure tho , cause arma can be sketchy sometimes.
HOWEVER , there are still some cases when i see bans are not justfied , and they are not even giving a chance to be unbanned - every admin ignores you . 

about the salt , dude , every community has shit talking in it , even in real sport . dont complain about it .

Swifty, Chau and Zoex like this
Just now, ofekl said:

Well , after the "nv wave" when they got unbanned afterwards , admins are sure that if they ban someone , he deserved to be banned .They have something you don't , proofs and admin cam . they know better than us , cause you or me cant tell if someone is cheating most of the times . [unless he is going ham or did some sketchy ass shit] .
i fought against aidzo and he did some sketchy ass shit , cant tell he is cheating for sure tho , cause arma can be sketchy sometimes.
HOWEVER , there are still some cases when i see bans are not justfied , and they are not even giving a chance to be unbanned - every admin ignores you . 

about the salt , dude , every community has shit talking in it , even in real sport . dont complain about it .

Ofek cheats #banofek

1 minute ago, ofekl said:

Thing is, I have seen these players montages that caused all the craze and reports, I have fought with and against them. I watch them when we do NMD trainings and practice cartels. They arn't doing anythingg out of the ordinary. There just doing things that for most of us, are our better kills, but for them they have done it to the point where its easy for them. How many people have said diseased and jeremy have no recoil? How many of those players are people with over 1000 hours at cartels?

29 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

This isn't Just about my gang, im Tired of seeing everyone call Bad blood Cheaters, Call Insanity Exploiters, Call Envy lag switchers, while I can't say that I havn't said it my self when I get angry or salty , but its just too much. The second someone from lets face it, X gang or Y gang that has good ties with the admins points a finger a fucking witch hunt goes out. 

TLDR: Take a hint, you are killing your servers, player after player who has played 2+ years are telling you. Thanks for the fun and the time you put in regardless.  

I have been here since the first server and everything was perfect back then. Remembering the days where people weren't banned for being called a hacker, or accused of lag switching. Back when if you were banned from the server it was for duping or rdm/vdm only. Never was it for Hacking or Lagging. I quoted it for the main reason that back then sure there were civs that were friends with the admins, but there wasn't any hatred from one person to another to the point that the person that was friends with the admin would get him banned. Truly if cartels were never implemented would anyone still call eachother out for cheating or anything related to it. Sure maybe they would, it would probably only be from the cops since the civs would have no need to fight eachother but hey that's what you can get from a game. Proggression is always being made for player's skills, it always has been but up until a few months ago, people accused of cheating now get banned just because someone friends with an admin has more say than the person being accused. Now-a-days if you're friends with an admin all you gotta do is point a finger at someone with no possible evidence and boom, possibility of being banned just from the words. Some people just want it so that they can be considered the best player on the server and that's where the whole hackusations/cheating comes into hand. All of it has created the toxicity found in each of the Asylum servers. Some more than the rest.

To the Admins: Sure listening to the opinion of one player is one thing but if that has anything to do with the outcome of a players status of being banned or not it should have no part in it. It should be have no one else involved but the admins and the person being banned, allow the chance for the person to defend themselves and not be denied it for what someone else with skill has to say.

P.S. Was never very good with writing paragraphs in school but this sounds good to me so if you cant understand anything about it please don't make fun of me xD

Vito Lorenzo and bC420 like this

Thing is, I have seen these players montages that caused all the craze and reports, I have fought with and against them. I watch them when we do NMD trainings and practice cartels. They arn't doing anythingg out of the ordinary. There just doing things that for most of us, are our better kills, but for them they have done it to the point where its easy for them. How many people have said diseased and jeremy have no recoil? How many of those players are people with over 1000 hours at cartels?

admins dont ban off montages tho , even the most sketchy ones neither they listen to people saying no recoil or claim stupid shit without any evidence .

2 minutes ago, epTic said:

nV got banned for being lagging kiddos who's ping magically jumped to 1500 when fighting cartels. 

Ive fought them more then any opponent. I have experienced "Lag" and all sorts of that shit. Lets be honest, I can sit there and act like everyone else lags, but when it comes down to it the server desyncs its ass off all the time, and theres no gaurentee You are not the one lagging. I have versed sheep and Ill tell you I have seen worse lags from cops trying to RP while fighting, and from pistol bangers who are all running around kavala at the same time.

Hell i can name 5 players with worse ping / desync / "intentional Lag switch" but the fact is those players don't have big names , dont fight alot of cartels, and dont have the hate that Envy has. Thats why they remained banned. and No im not naming them because thats not what this is about

Edited by Sugarfoot

Ive fought them more then any opponent. I have experienced "Lag" and all sorts of that shit. Lets be honest, I can sit there and act like everyone else lags, but when it comes down to it the server desyncs its ass off all the time, and theres no gaurentee You are not the one lagging. I have versed sheep and Ill tell you I have seen worse lags from cops trying to RP while fighting, and from pistol bangers who are all running around kavala at the same time.

you've seen worse lag, but have you seen any more consistent lag than Sheep? 

Bilal Battu likes this
12 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

I would really like everyone to take note on this comment right here. I don't think you guys really understand how much spectating and submitted videos it takes for one person to get banned for 3rd Party Apps.

Take good ol Perry/Destro for example. I believe I spectated that guy for 4-5 hours, we had probably 5 submitted videos of him, and still he never got banned by Motown or Bamf. I told them I would sell my left nut for science if he wasn't cheating. And 1 month later, guess what happens...yep he was global eye banned during the Inuria ban wave. Same thing with Samson, Ezra, Kr1t1kal, Fearless, Corrado, King Identites...shall I continue? 

I don't think the community truly understands how hard it is for us to get an approved ban from Motown or Bamf for 3rd Party Apps. Sure, they can say they will show us their PCs or scan everything and show it to us, but that doesn't mean shit. Sure we had one huge ban wave that went through without Bamfs or Motowns approval, and look what happened? It caused a shit-storm and now both of those Admins are no longer Admins. 

31 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

People who have played here for awhile have been offering advice and its been unheaded.

Trust me, we do notice everyone's advice and I even made a google document that I transferred from all the suggestions forum and gave it to Paratus. There is only soo much we can do as Admins. I go through the suggestion threads almost daily to see what cool things everyone from the community is suggesting, but all I can really do is collect it, and give it to the big man. If he likes it, he will put it in. If he doesn't, he won't. 

@Sugarfoot if you do truly leave, I wish you the best of luck whatever server you choose or game you choose to play. But I must warn you, you will be surprised how much faster people are banned on other servers for 'hackusations'. Go ask some of the members of this community how long it took some of them to get perm banned on other servers because they are just good at this game.