Change log 7.9.0

bamf

7.9.0: Rap Sheet

We are now storing your criminal history for the APD to view in game.  They can view the crimes you have been jailed, paid a ticket for, or turned yourself in at a courthouse for the last 24 hours - as well as the last week.  The list updates roughly every five (5) minutes, so it's not 100% real time.  

To access the criminal records system, the APD officer must be sitting in the driver seat of a vehicle.  Scroll wheel and look for the blue menu item.  

There are other things we have planned for this data in the future as well.  Hopefully we will have that ready for you shortly.  

Other misc. features and bug fixes: (The following was written entirely by Gnashes, not me)

• Checking Vehicle registration will now prevent vehicles from de-spawning
  • The speed camera hint wording has been tweaked
  • Players can now press "U" to open any unlocked door in the world. (It will still lock/unlock your own house doors)
  • Players will no longer receive a confirmation option when kicked from a gang
  • The Police Restrain Hotkey now only works on downed or surrendered players
  • Tilde no longer requires you to hold the key down. A 5 second period of name~y-ness will now follow each tilde press
  • Police officers will get a confirmation when ticketing or pardoning a player on parole
  • Your body should no longer continue performing its last action prior to being downed when you awake
  • Cartel Progress bars are now one layer higher. Other actions will show semi-transparent below the cartel bar
  • Police officers will no longer lose control of their vehicles when notified of guard duty
  • Captains no longer have to unhide their rank in order for players they revive to have no debuff
  • The Federal Reserve may be robbed regardless of the current number of online cops provided enough were online when it started
  • Vehicle Garages have reduced the distance from which they will fetch your vehicles upon storage
  • Pulling unconscious players from a vehicle will no longer automatically lock the vehicle
  • Undercover Pilot Coveralls will now correctly stay CSAT colored
  • Undercover officers wearing Pilot Coveralls may change into Police Coveralls by showing their rank within a vehicle (and visa-versa)
  • Anyone within a gang may access the Turf Clothing Shop and Turf Market. The Turf Market has been adjusted slightly accordingly
  • Player names with special characters will be significantly less likely to break formatted messages, hints, and alerts
  • Police officers who are downed, restrained, or surrender will no longer continue to stop the bank drill
  • The Prison Auxillary Power marker has been changed to a less blue color
  • "Gather Heroin" now correctly says "Gather Opium" in the heroin field
  • Fixed various exploits

Please thank @Gnashes for all his work on this patch.  He's doing tons of quality of life stuff behind the scenes for the community.  

We are knocking out a few final bugs with the patch.  We hope to have this out tonight, but it may be tomorrow before we release the update.

Hotfix 1:

• Being Flashbanged should no longer delete NVGs if your inventory is full
  • Tanoan Turfs now allow anyone in the gang to access them as well
  • Cartel Progress bar should properly vanish now
  • Police Checkpoint items are no longer invincible.
  • Restrain hotkey now works for civiians as well as police; and is bound exclusively to User Action 4

Tacobell, Google™, Noble and 40 others like this

9th?

• Players can now press "U" to open any unlocked door in the world. (It will still lock/unlock your own house doors) 
    NICE I'm always hitting U to open random doors and its annoying it doesn't work.
  • The Police Restrain Hotkey now only works on downed players
    I don't like this because sometimes it's not the best idea to start shooting when you have a large crowd it's easy to tell someone they are wanted and quickly restrain them rather than having to shoot and startling everyone around into shooting back or at each other
  • Tilde no longer requires you to hold the key down. A 5 second period of name~y-ness will now follow each tilde press
    Awesome cuz tilde was hardly working for me at all lately.
  • Police officers will get a confirmation when ticketing or pardoning a player on parole
    No more having to restrain and check thx Gnashes
  • Your body should no longer continue performing its last action prior to being downed when you awake
    Takes away some of Asylum's charm but okay :D 
  • Cartel Progress bars are now one layer higher. Other actions will show semi-transparent below the cartel bar
    Nice fix
  • The Federal Reserve may be robbed regardless of the current number of online cops provided enough were online when it started
    Cool that was annoying when doing feds later at night
  • Vehicle Garages have reduced the distance from which they will fetch your vehicles upon storage
    Sometimes you can't land perfectly in the right spot with your heli. Not everyone is an ACE pilot Gnashes cmon!?
  • Anyone within a gang may access the Turf Clothing Shop and Turf Market. The Turf Market has been adjusted slightly accordingly
    TY
Edited by Eric916
BioHazard and Xehons like this
Just now, BlackShot said:

Cool patch!

BTW, I think Gnashes might also have fixed the 'Open Gate' option for police officers on 7.9.0 (Tanoa). Am I right, @Gnashes?

I reverted until we update Tanoa. (Tanoa is currently on permanent 7.7.3)

Just now, Gnashes said:

Abuse and exploiting.

I have yet to see anyone abuse it. IMO this change was completely unnecessary and just makes being a cop more cumbersome. If addAction wasn't so AIDS and buggy to begin with then maybe there'd be some merit to this but come on. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Just now, CrossFade said:
  • The Police Restrain Hotkey now only works on downed players

@Gnashes   thefuck? why?

Cunts running around spamming it which makes the cooldown its supposed to have not work and also bugs players out that are restrained because it actually retrains  them multiple times meaning they have to be lockpicked more than once.

Olivia likes this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Cunts running around spamming it which makes the cooldown its supposed to have not work and also bugs players out that are restrained because it actually retrains  them multiple times meaning they have to be lockpicked more than once.

Just now, CrossFade said:

then those childish fucks need to be reported for exploiting.

It also gets spammed at times when cops come up from being downed near someone they are fighting with (think simultaneous downing).  

Perhaps we can also allow the hotkey to work on surrendered players, but it shouldn't be a single hotkey to restrain a player that isn't "willing" to be restrained if that makes sense.  

6 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Abuse and exploiting.

I hate this but if you could restrain multiple times and then need multiple lock picks then that makes sense but how is that possible? it actually stacks each time you restrain as an individual restraint and each one has to be lock picked?

Edited by Eric916
Just now, bamf said:

It also gets spammed at times when cops come up from being downed near someone they are fighting with (think simultaneous downing).  

Perhaps we can also allow the hotkey to work on surrendered players, but it shouldn't be a single hotkey to restrain a player that isn't "willing" to be restrained if that makes sense.  

i agree with ya, but what i dont understand is gnashes has been out to nerf this since it happened, then half nerfs it which is aids. i just dont understand why it was half fixed and not fully.. wouldnt the devs talk about shit like this? i mean yes it was OP as fuck and it got abused but making it like it is just aids

Just now, bamf said:

It was never needed imo. Its something that caused more problems after being added than when it wasnt a thing.

8 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I have yet to see anyone abuse it. IMO this change was completely unnecessary and just makes being a cop more cumbersome. If addAction wasn't so AIDS and buggy to begin with then maybe there'd be some merit to this but come on. 

I abused the hell out of it. i believe @Das Otter even posted a video of me doing it at a certain fed.

7 minutes ago, bamf said:

Why not simply add a cooldown? Right now the alternative to a player not willing to be restrained is they're going to be shot, how is that any better? Its just going to lead to them raging more at cops than before. Since I've been a cop on server 4, I haven't once seen a cop exploiting this restrain function and that says a lot since I've got a lot of hours in. It's like fixing something that didn't need it. :salt::salt::angry:

1 minute ago, bamf said:

I can deflect blame like Genji deflects Bastion, but that wasn't what I was doing here.

Pfft Genji.. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Crossfade and ProjectGemini like this
2 minutes ago, Vin said:

LOL bug fixes done by gnashes lowkey if they don't work blame him not me. Good work devs

(Everything in the patch not Rap Sheet related was me, to be fair)

Just now, bamf said:

Or...  I'm trying to give him a shout out to say thanks for his work.  I can deflect blame like Genji deflects Bastion, but that wasn't what I was doing here.

^ Just stop shooting at him for a few seconds; he'll just stand there and look dumb.

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Why not simply add a cooldown? Right now the alternative to a player not willing to be restrained is they're going to be shot, how is that any better? Its just going to lead to them raging more at cops than before. Since I've been a cop on server 4, I haven't once seen a cop exploiting this restrain function and that says a lot since I've got a lot of hours in. It's like fixing something that didn't need it. 

You're a fucking idiot.

HomeTrlx, Goldy and Bama like this