Gang Skin Questions for the Community

It's difficult to select based on events on the main server, I'm sure some people will figure something out, but my initial thought is to suggest the top 3-5 gangs on monthly domination wins should receive it.

Initial should be $50 and $10 monthly at max.

However this only appeals to the gangs which fight the most often, and I am aware that this practically eliminates all money runners/city gangs.

Edited by Bherky
1 minute ago, Jr4life24 said:

Why not gangs who have active 10-15 players minimum who have been established for over 6months-1year

It was only my initial thought, just throwing it out there.

I believe regardless it should be something which requires competition. If that competition is on the main server, it could be a nuisance if it's super out of the way gangs to do. 

Why not just allow any gang to “apply”, have a steep price to get the skin started, ~$100-250, but lets say a $10 - $20 monthly charge?

Having a higher charge gets rid of Timmy and jonny who have a troll gang, and just want a random skin, from wasting design / dev teams time. The upside to this is if this two man gang does decide to have their own skin, then boom the server just made $100-$250 off of what I would hope to assume is a quick job.

Edited by zdeat
1 minute ago, zdeat said:

Why not just allow any gang to “apply”, have a steep price to get the skin started, ~$100-250, but lets say a $10 - $20 monthly charge?

Having a higher charge gets rid of Timmy and jonny who have a troll gang, and just want a random skin from wasting design / dev teams time. The upside to this is if this two man gang does decide to have their own skin, then boom the server just made $100-$250. 

I like the first initial cost being expensive and the monthly being lower. 
1. The gangs should have to have been established in the community for 6 months 

2. ways to find this can tracked through total hours spent on asylum and added all hours together from all members in the past 30 days. 
3. I think the gangs that only play dom should not be eligible due to the fact that they play for maybe 10hrs a week (NSF, EV, etc)

zdeat likes this
8 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

2. ways to find this can tracked through total hours spent on asylum and added all hours together from all members in the past 30 days. 
3. I think the gangs that only play dom should not be eligible due to the fact that they play for maybe 10hrs a week (NSF, EV, etc)

Main server and Dom will be done separately 

zdeat likes this
1 hour ago, Chris Peacock said:

bro,NSF is gone.

manhua likes this
3 hours ago, Rogue said:

Gang Skin Implementation

Very few gangs will get this.

How do we select the gangs?

How much for the initial design and implementation fee?

How much to maintain the slot monthly?

No troll comments.

How few is "very few". 5, 10, 20? The scarcity impacts how tight the requirements have to be. 

6 hours ago, Rogue said:

Gang Skin Implementation

Very few gangs will get this.

How do we select the gangs?

How much for the initial design and implementation fee?

How much to maintain the slot monthly?

No troll comments.

Have more monthly events, like the first two months, where the number one gang can customize the skin

manhua and Bherky like this
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe 5 categories of some sort that fits different aspects of how people play the server? and first ones to reach that goal get selected?

- Top cartel captures

- most drugs processed

- highest gang bank

- most war kills?

- maybe something turf like most turf captures?

1 minute ago, Vortex said:

Maybe 5 categories of some sort that fits different aspects of how people play the server? and first ones to reach that goal get selected?

- Top cartel captures

- most drugs processed

- highest gang bank

- most war kills?

- maybe something turf like most turf captures?

I don't think it should be stat based at all. Should be based on an observation of what gangs are active, long standing, not a detriment to the community overall and that just play and enjoy many aspects of the server. Stats might show some of that, but for example, highest gang bank doesn't mean anything at all. My entire gang can empty our accounts into the gang bank if we want. We had 20m at one point but I gave a huge payout to everyone. Let's also not cater only to esports cartel wannabe gangs too much anymore as well. Cartels get boring after a couple fights.

• Patato unpinned and unfeatured this topic