Why are gangs disbanding

Buck

32 minutes ago, Istaf said:

I haven't had but maybe 1 or 2 interactions with players since I started playing again last week (I have 72hrs played according to steam over the last two weeks, all of which is on a Asylum server) that didn't end in robbery or RDM. Personally I am one of those players who play for other reasons than to be a cop or rebel. I enjoy the RP, I love games like Truck sim and I found it fun to have a open world game like this where, at least to me, the goal wasn't solely to go around killing people. This doesn't happen that often since I got back however. I use to be cautious when other players were around me outside of the cities, now however 9 times out of 10 they're just going to pull a gun on me or straight up kill me even if they're in the middle of the city. 

To get to the point, rebels effected me almost zero percent. Matter of fact, rebels use to be way more forgiving and even helpful alternative cops, likely because they could afford it, and I never had a problem with a rebel holding me up for 20k~. Now I get held up by anyone for anything. The people who are the biggest pest, annoyance, disruption etc to me has never been rebels. Its always been the trolls that get $1,000 after 5mins of play, buy a rook, and run around the major cities. These are the people that use to grief me, not rebels. Now? Its everyone. Rebels use to go after these people to "keep their streets clean". Now, they want my 1K I just got from apples.

I'm not a supporter of a focus on fighting, however, the old system, in my opinion as someone who has no desire to engage in gangs or fighting in general, worked more in my favor. The problem is nobody wants to lose their gear because they cant afford it like they use to. They use to be able to go out and lose stuff, not because there was no consequence, but because they could earn enough to give them more incentive to RP because it wasn't as big of a deal if they did lose their gear. That's the problem. As many have stated in this thread, when people lose things they get very salty, and their desire to RP goes down because of whats at stake. Nobody wants to spend hours on earning gear just to lose it when some random person in the city, or cop, can cause you to lose it all with one slip up or RP engagement. Which leaves us where? People who want to fight don't because its too costly, they leave or become a small timer in cities with a 9MM robbing everyone they see in hopes they'll get to kill someone. To me that isn't Altis life, as I said above I've had very few non-hostel interactions with people, and almost all were with cops, since I started up again. Where did the RP go? 

This guy has a pretty good view. Honestly. I can see it. 

It's been a long time since I've ever had to be in your shoes, but now that you mention it, these days gangs do kind of just slaughter all in their path. In terms of drugs and shit, I feel like back in the day this definitely didn't happen as often (Maybe with some gangs or during certain times). Nowadays, since focusing on Cartels to gain money isn't really as lucrative and not nearly as consistent, gangs just kill and rob anyone they see while also doing their own moneymaking (drugs, etc.). Back in the Asylum of old, cartel holding gangs were more or less patrolling Meth Lab or Heroin field to look for cops/thugs that may be trying to fuck with the small time drug runners that are making money for the gang. As time has gone on, it's come to the point that anyone at the drug fields is just disintegrated, period. Because that 15k worth of Coke and a chopped vehicle is worth more net $$$ to the gangs in their eyes. 

Edited by J9R9MY
Brutus, Boss, Feenix and 6 others like this
On 3/21/2016 at 9:22 AM, Gosu said:

Cops zerg and dont value their life

This is why they need to add Stipulations like they do in Server 2. Die Twice in a scenario can't go back. Badaboom..except it needs to be a rule for all the servers not just one (for the cops) This will then give rebels that hope they needed. "I killed the 5 cops 2x each, Now they can't come back. Yay. = Successful robbery/ect." That prevents the loss of gear.

Edited by Insane_DeVo

Well, there is a few key factors that took place.

- Removed insurance

- Loadouts and vehicles being too expensive to replace

- Cops being too underpowered. which makes the gameplay boring in the long run, if we look at pre 6.0

- Making money is way too boring and way too important in this game, which results in people making secound thoughts before taking a fight.

- The big punishment of losing your gear is way too big, which cause people not to value RP.

- The general toxicity between gangs and cops had a major impact on the gameplay. (Shit talking, Cops not wanting to RP with rebels and generalizing people)

Money cap.

Another big problem for me personally was back in the days when Identity was getting announced, we had about 3 months with NO patches at all

which resulted in massive repetitive gameplay. On daily basis, all we did was logon and looking for cops to shoot at, either at prison break or fed.

and most of the time people in the gang were just hunting for the kills instead of "trying to defend" which is kind of a joke.

Cartel fights were still interesting and satisfying, most of the time. (Needed a few balance changes, but not something major)

But there has been some good changes aswell.

- The group of maximum 10 players was an amazing fix to alot of problems.

- The removal of marksman scopes on the mod server. (Which keep people within 300m most of the time)

The mod server is a great thing, which opens up for alot of possibilities (Needs alot of bug fixes tho)

Edited by ‹ Dmitri Petrov ›
magic and FozzyBear like this

I agree its boring now money making takes ages and money cap sucks.  Nobody fights anymore to scared to lose something important.  And if they do fight its because their using pistols or have a big group on.  The idea of a cartel fridge is flawed nobody is ever gonna fight for the money in that.

Edited by magic
1 hour ago, DankMemes™ said:

At the end of the day, we are talking about Paratus that doesn't listen to the community. Its a shame to see the server dying, I wish things would change but they won't... 

Someone didn't read the latest patch notes. Buffed gang banks, cartel money and gold bars. Now he just needs a good argument for sending money directly to the gang account instead of the fridge. People can demand change as much as they like, but if no one argues the benefits then it's never going to happen.

Edited by Bikstok
BrutaL, Istaf, Haych and 11 others like this
38 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Someone didn't read the latest patch notes. Buffed gang banks, cartel money and gold bars. Now he just needs a good argument for sending money directly to the gang account instead of the fridge. People can demand change as much as they like, but if no one argues the benefits then it's never going to happen.

+1

This is how I personally look at it, and this can be from a biased point of view but this is just what I believe; although Motown dislikes the passive monetary gain from cartels its needed to sustain gangs funds. Back in the day gang banks had 100-350mil in them, and most of it was used for lost vehicles, paychecks and general convenience, nowadays most of the money is just being hoarded and kept in there for special occasions, if we want gangs to thrive and fight gangs and bring valuable RP and general good combat situations for both them and the cops, I think this passive monetary gain is a good way to go, if we see Gang A with all FOUR cartels, then theyre doing a fed, they are making money from the gold bars, while making money from the cartels, which can be split at the end of the week to people who lost gear/vehicles. I also think a big reason for gangs dying is the pricing of rebel gear if we convert everything to old money this is what we're looking at: Pre 6.0 = 150-200k (200k being w/ nades/extra redgull) to 6.0+ = 250k-300k(300k being w/ nades/taxes) the governor could have an affect over this considering prior the governor didnt affect rebel prices but i'm not too sure. I think a reduction in the price of gear could give rebels the incentive to keep fighting, as of right now, you gear 4 times, you're down 100-120k.

Those are just my thoughts, also I like the idea of more convoy type end-game mechanics, Sojobo does it best w/ the Tempest full of Gold/Meth, but more in an NPC type of way;

i.e - Rob the Fed, take the gold to an exchange dealer, trade gold bars for gold...idk..gold carrots, and get maybe 5-10k more per gold bar, something like that it would increase the RP as well as give cops more of a chance.

Obviously I can just sit here, complain, whine about stuff I want added, but atleast i'm giving valuable alternatives, which I think all of us need to do if we want gang life to strive again, don't sit here and complain that nothing paratus is doing is good if you yourself arent giving good alternatives to the situation. 

Edited by hamsham12
Tiger and Olivia like this
3 hours ago, Yenii said:

Pre 6.0, I don't think I've ever spent more than 120k on a loadout(no nades).

Pre 6.0 I spent 160k max on a loadout now a gun alone can cost 12k....  I remember paratus saying that we would be able to buy the same before and after with the same amount so mabey this is a mistake on his part. Funny how volunteer is talking about the Nostalgia effect but doesn't even realize whats good or not good for the server.  You don't play anymore most of the admins are inactive ingame most of the time recently we saw some more activity due to the modded server and that's probably why people are starting to come back and talk about what they dislike.

Edited by magic
On 21/03/2016 at 2:43 PM, Mc Duushe said:

Then.......don't do illegal shit.

I can't express this in a more blunt or nice way. I've rolled from.. athria mid yield to the processing in hemmets anf raked in 60-100k per hour

How about...Oh I don't know vermins? 80k per hemmet and it's legal...

I like 6.0 it truly showed the community that loved Asylum for what it is and not jerking off to hours of fighting

That's exactly what a shit player would say

Gatorade, Carson, Tiger and 2 others like this
23 hours ago, Istaf said:

I haven't had but maybe 1 or 2 interactions with players since I started playing again last week (I have 72hrs played according to steam over the last two weeks, all of which is on a Asylum server) that didn't end in robbery or RDM. Personally I am one of those players who play for other reasons than to be a cop or rebel. I enjoy the RP, I love games like Truck sim and I found it fun to have a open world game like this where, at least to me, the goal wasn't solely to go around killing people. This doesn't happen that often since I got back however. I use to be cautious when other players were around me outside of the cities, now however 9 times out of 10 they're just going to pull a gun on me or straight up kill me even if they're in the middle of the city. 

To get to the point, rebels effected me almost zero percent. Matter of fact, rebels use to be way more forgiving and even helpful alternative cops, likely because they could afford it, and I never had a problem with a rebel holding me up for 20k~. Now I get held up by anyone for anything. The people who are the biggest pest, annoyance, disruption etc to me has never been rebels. Its always been the trolls that get $1,000 after 5mins of play, buy a rook, and run around the major cities. These are the people that use to grief me, not rebels. Now? Its everyone. Rebels use to go after these people to "keep their streets clean". Now, they want my 1K I just got from apples.

I'm not a supporter of a focus on fighting, however, the old system, in my opinion as someone who has no desire to engage in gangs or fighting in general, worked more in my favor. The problem is nobody wants to lose their gear because they cant afford it like they use to. They use to be able to go out and lose stuff, not because there was no consequence, but because they could earn enough to give them more incentive to RP because it wasn't as big of a deal if they did lose their gear. That's the problem. As many have stated in this thread, when people lose things they get very salty, and their desire to RP goes down because of whats at stake. Nobody wants to spend hours on earning gear just to lose it when some random person in the city, or cop, can cause you to lose it all with one slip up or RP engagement. Which leaves us where? People who want to fight don't because its too costly, they leave or become a small timer in cities with a 9MM robbing everyone they see in hopes they'll get to kill someone. To me that isn't Altis life, as I said above I've had very few non-hostel interactions with people, and almost all were with cops, since I started up again. Where did the RP go? 

It's a shame :/ we need players like you to balance out the community.

Steve likes this
12 hours ago, magic said:

Pre 6.0 I spent 160k max on a loadout now a gun alone can cost 12k....  I remember paratus saying that we would be able to buy the same before and after with the same amount so mabey this is a mistake on his part. Funny how volunteer is talking about the Nostalgia effect but doesn't even realize whats good or not good for the server.  You don't play anymore most of the admins are inactive ingame most of the time recently we saw some more activity due to the modded server and that's probably why people are starting to come back and talk about what they dislike.

While yes I agree that i could always improve my relations with players I normally don't interact with all that often and get more feedback from the community. I have a very good grasp of what is good or not good for the servers.

I've been around since Asylum was on one server. I've been a LT for going on two years next month and I was and still am a member of one of the original mega gangs. There isn't a thing in the game that I haven't seen or done myself 100 times over. 

Oh and I play everyday. You just don't know I play everyday because 95% of the time I play under an alias. Very rarely do I actually play as Volunteer. That goes with most of the admin team. 

Steve, Deadly and Olivia like this
38 minutes ago, Krypton:) said:

There's still no point in spending money in the gear to fight....

For one your a god at the game and you don't have to by 3to4 load outs to fight like me       because I'm a shitty. So I completely             understand having to spend money when I'm fighting. And the other thing is gangs that chop your shit after the fight

3 hours ago, Veizuh said:

For one your a god at the game and you don't have to by 3to4 load outs to fight like me       because I'm a shitty. So I completely             understand having to spend money when I'm fighting. And the other thing is gangs that chop your shit after the fight

Yeah i mean it's a big money sink...for money we dont have anymore

Buck likes this
On 3/21/2016 at 10:37 AM, Mc Duushe said:

And now for a Mc Duushe Moment

Pre-6.0

Rebel Load outs 150k-300k

8 - 9 m in the bank at all times

6.0+

Rebel Loadouts 15k-30k

800-900k in the bank

:kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa:

Looks like they just removed a 0.....

pre 6.0 200k was more than enuf so idk wer that 300k come from

1 rebel loadout now is 25k to 30k unless u a cheap ass

money is not as easy to make as well as we cant insure helis and shit like the old days so those r big costs as well.

At most I spend 12k per rebel load out. Naturally I make all my Mk18's until I have at least 20-30 in my  crates. The ammo I stockpile as well whenever I go to rebel and it's safe to just fill up a truck. Outside that a carrier light and a mask is all I really need. The rebel clothing never benefited me outside making me look like some one for the cops to instantly pull over and harass.  When I broke it down by the numbers literally I am only spending 12k for ammo/vests and the y inventory.

25k to 30k is for people who don't take time to do crafting when it saves you more than half a load out.

And to address the shit player comment by leftie. I am so shitty that I rob the fed by myself while big gangs slap fight cops at the bank.

MLG420noscopingthosegoldbars.

Edited by Mc Duushe
Olivia likes this
10 hours ago, Mc Duushe said:

At most I spend 12k per rebel load out. Naturally I make all my Mk18's until I have at least 20-30 in my  crates. The ammo I stockpile as well whenever I go to rebel and it's safe to just fill up a truck. Outside that a carrier light and a mask is all I really need. The rebel clothing never benefited me outside making me look like some one for the cops to instantly pull over and harass.  When I broke it down by the numbers literally I am only spending 12k for ammo/vests and the y inventory.

25k to 30k is for people who don't take time to do crafting when it saves you more than half a load out.

And to address the shit player comment by leftie. I am so shitty that I rob the fed by myself while big gangs slap fight cops at the bank.

MLG420noscopingthosegoldbars.

Where's your house with these 20-30 mk18's located? And what server is it on? 

Yah I've been playing Olympus with Ollie and it is similar to pre 6.0 when it was fun to make money because it was actually rewarding. Asylum you grind for hour or so to do one run and get a loadout 2 if your lucky thats not counting vehicles or getting robbed during the run Olympus there is insurance for vehicles (like pre 6.0)  and you can make easy 2-3 loadouts in one run of like an orca that takes 15-20 mins. This makes cartels less fun because no one wants to spend hours upon hours of their time grinding for money just to go to a cartel and maybe get a few kills then just lose a loadout.

asiuxjau and Chapo like this
1 hour ago, Chase said:

Yah I've been playing Olympus with Ollie and it is similar to pre 6.0 when it was fun to make money because it was actually rewarding. Asylum you grind for hour or so to do one run and get a loadout 2 if your lucky thats not counting vehicles or getting robbed during the run Olympus there is insurance for vehicles (like pre 6.0)  and you can make easy 2-3 loadouts in one run of like an orca that takes 15-20 mins. This makes cartels less fun because no one wants to spend hours upon hours of their time grinding for money just to go to a cartel and maybe get a few kills then just lose a loadout.

Come back bb 

11 hours ago, Chase said:

And all so an entitled group of god children can have the strongest gang. How's that old saying go? If you can't beat 'em change the rules of the server.