Cartel Poll - No Insults!

Should Cartel Money Deposit Directly to bank  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cartel Money Deposit Directly to bank

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, pete said:

fantastic idea would make me donate more/play more/ do more runs and make more money because motivation and won't be whining on forums making posts insulting people and shit and fuck and please add this i beg you lord paratus 

Forcing to donate can be good and bad. Good; bringing in more income for servers. Bad; The administration will have to step up to please the community that is paying to play. I honestly would donate $500 if I knew it was going to good use, Better server hardware, Pay admins who dedicate more time to improve, and administrate the server.  We need more assurance from the admins to run a community and focus on whats important. Not this:

Shit show.

I voted no for the most basic reason. And before you come with the career cop remarks.. :kappa: I ain't a career cop.

1) People had so much money that they could purposely get 30-40 hemmets seized by the cops and not even put a DENT into their money

2) Hours upon hours of non stop fighting. I was a career cop in pre-6.0 getting shot everywhere put debug island.

3) The instant gratification people are now gone, thank fucking god. If you need 1.3 mil per meth run and not understand 130k is the same thing in 6.0 we are better off without you and the people you brought. Sorry but if you need a big number to feel awesome, time go get 2-3 real jobs and actually put that motivation to good use.

4) You thought Kavala was aids now? Pre-6.0, enough said.

5) Cartels inspired super gangs with super alliances with more money in the bank and pay checks that topped 3-4 mil per week ontop of what you could make in a day.

The changes to the cartels is a +1 in my book, it keeps the real community happy and the others running to another server where they can have all the aids fighting they could ever want!

I've personally have tried to teach the rebels of now to make the same money with little to no risk... 

needless to say it was.. hard and made me wish I could shoot them. :kappa:

Edited by Mc Duushe

Money directly into gang bank, stop adding barriers and locations to cartels that are chosen by people who have no idea ( Like ive said before get 1-2 people from each major gang/group of people and get a majority input for content ), maybe up the gang cap to 12-13 nothing major just because there comes a time when you wanna just mess around when everyone actually logs on to play and boom, there ye go!

@Paratus @bamf @Motown

Wubz, Frizzy and DJB like this
2 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Ok. Your opinion is heard in the 15% of voters who agree with you. The other 85% see otherwise.

So 100 of the thousands that play Asylum is 100% accurate?  I agree it should be direct deposit, but you look like smart when you claim 100 people speak for the entirety of the community.  Most of them play the game for what it is and dont bother coming to whine on the forums constantly.

Vash and Big Fred like this
Just now, HotWings said:

So 100 of the thousands that play Asylum is 100% accurate?  I agree it should be direct deposit, but you look like smart when you claim 100 people speak for the entirety of the community.  Most of them play the game for what it is and dont bother coming to whine on the forums constantly.

What does it matter to you? The changes mentioned above dont impact anything you do on the servers because you primarily play cop.

55 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

What does it matter to you? The changes mentioned above dont impact anything you do on the servers because you primarily play cop.

Everything impacts all players. The entire reason it was nerfed in the first place was because rebels were bored at fighting and decided they should attack random civs and cops just because.  You know how much fun it is to spend hours on end going back and forth between teh fed and bank?  Everyone enjoys a good fight now and then, but not everyone wants to spend all their time fighting.  

1 hour ago, HotWings said:

Everything impacts all players. The entire reason it was nerfed in the first place was because rebels were bored at fighting and decided they should attack random civs and cops just because.  You know how much fun it is to spend hours on end going back and forth between teh fed and bank?  Everyone enjoys a good fight now and then, but not everyone wants to spend all their time fighting.  

Get good and put them in a 45min timeout.

6 hours ago, Mc Duushe said:

I voted no for the most basic reason. And before you come with the career cop remarks.. :kappa: I ain't a career cop.

1) People had so much money that they could purposely get 30-40 hemmets seized by the cops and not even put a DENT into their money

2) Hours upon hours of non stop fighting. I was a career cop in pre-6.0 getting shot everywhere put debug island.

3) The instant gratification people are now gone, thank fucking god. If you need 1.3 mil per meth run and not understand 130k is the same thing in 6.0 we are better off without you and the people you brought. Sorry but if you need a big number to feel awesome, time go get 2-3 real jobs and actually put that motivation to good use.

5) Cartels inspired super gangs with super alliances with more money in the bank and pay checks that topped 3-4 mil per week ontop of what you could make in a day.

The changes to the cartels is a +1 in my book, it keeps the real community happy and the others running to another server where they can have all the aids fighting they could ever want!

I've personally have tried to teach the rebels of now to make the same money with little to no risk... 

needless to say it was.. hard and made me wish I could shoot them. :kappa:

Except this was before the money cap and ganged weren't capped either.  A gang on each server would have a monopoly on that server and nobody would care to contest them because of their numbers.  This isn't the case anymore at all, with the nerf gangs got it is no longer unbalanced to have direct deposit in gang accounts.  

15 hours ago, Smokahontas // Douggem said:

If I can hear from an admin point of view, or somebody who knows 100%, why was this removed? Was it to op? Because this is how gangs made a decent amount of money after defending the only real cartel left. 

Honestly, It was because people were complaining that no one was fighting for cartels. 

Just now, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

Do you comprehend how many better and actual effective ways of making people fight cartels there are instead of killing them off with a fridge that won't help gangs fight more in any sense of the definition?

Well you need to remember, this was implemented when the mega-gangs were around. And the idea around it was that when Gang A holds the cartel, and Gang B logs in from another server, they wanted to defend the contents or prevent Gang B from getting the contents (I understand that players would just empty it before the other gang can log on). And it was the Mega Gangs who wanted a change saying that no one was fighting. 

And yes I do comprehend, not sure why you are asking me that:D

I mean, everyone has ideas on how to make it better, but no one is willing to share their ideas or they just say make it better. The best ideas I got so far was from the thread about new locations, nothing about how money should be distributed. The questions I really want answered are, Why do you want the money to go straight to the gang bank? How would this increase more fights? 

There needs to be a reason, and not just 'because its easier for us'. That won't just do...

1 hour ago, Killswitch said:

Honestly, It was because people were complaining that no one was fighting for cartels. 

But removing it made the cartels effectively useless.  Cartels are only about bragging rights and war kills.  There is no money to made, the new patch today made it a little bit lucrative but it's not going to be a life saver for cartels until people are actually seeing rewards and the gang's bank account filling up.

54 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

Well you need to remember, this was implemented when the mega-gangs were around. And the idea around it was that when Gang A holds the cartel, and Gang B logs in from another server, they wanted to defend the contents or prevent Gang B from getting the contents (I understand that players would just empty it before the other gang can log on). And it was the Mega Gangs who wanted a change saying that no one was fighting. 

And yes I do comprehend, not sure why you are asking me that:D

I mean, everyone has ideas on how to make it better, but no one is willing to share their ideas or they just say make it better. The best ideas I got so far was from the thread about new locations, nothing about how money should be distributed. The questions I really want answered are, Why do you want the money to go straight to the gang bank? How would this increase more fights? 

There needs to be a reason, and not just 'because its easier for us'. That won't just do...

ok lets break this down my friend

Gang A owns drug dealer after capturing it from the gang who captures it at night and takes out 25k from the fridge

4 hours later gang B comes to take it

many scenarios occur

'o no gang b is on go get the money'

'yay gang b is on lets fight'

'shit gang b is on they gunna cap it, no point going there they gunna get the money anyway since we doing x'

etc

changing the way the money was distributed to a fridge was ineffective at making gangs fight and a really bad way of helping cartel fighting occur.

so let's change it

Patch X

• Drug Cartel no longer has a fridge where the money is stored.
  • The Triad no longer has a fridge where the money is stored.
  • Funds made from the cartels will now go to a cache at the Bank of Altis where a member of the gang that owns(ed) a cartel can go to withdraw the profit straight to the gang account.
  • Gang ranks of 2 or higher can now send money directly to players accounts in their own gang from the Gang Bank at the Bank of Altis.
  • Unclaimed cartel funds at the Bank of Altis will have 10% taken out and added to any successful Bank Robbery not performed by a member of the gang.
  • Owners of the Drug Cartel may now be able to sell drugs at the cartel location for an increased price (Increases with each restart the cartel is held by a gang, very similar to the fortification of the cartels. This does not go towards the passive income of the cartel)
  • Owners of the Triad may now bring any items made at the distillery or sea turtles to the cartel in order to be sold for an increased price (Increases with each restart the cartel is held by a gang, very similar to the fortification of the cartels. This does not go towards the passive income of the cartel)
  • Drug sales at turfs do not count towards the passive income of Drug Cartel
  • Arms Dealer will now spawn in a crate containing 3 random rebel weapons once per restart somewhere on the arms island for the owners to collect. All players will be able to access this crate if they find it from the server-wide alert, however owners of the cartel will receive a marker on it's location.
  • New Arms Locations refer to the spoiler below(and literally go to the Cartel suggestion and find better ones or fly and find better ones. Every suggestion so far is better than the triad and arms on s6 js)
  • Cartels cannot be contested by a gang if they have more than 10 players within 300m of the flag
  • Group cap now scales up to 15 on a 1:2 ratio for cops. (If there is 20 cops online, 15 is the group cap. I don't even want this but apparently people have issues with 30 cops so the cartel contest thing should still keep the 10v10s at cartels)
  • Gangs are now taxed out of the gang bank for each player in the gang multiplied by 2,000 every 15 restarts. If a gang bank has insufficient funds the gang leader will have to visit the Bank of Altis to pay off the debt! Each level of debt that a gang is in decreases the rewards from cartels up to Level 4 where no rewards are applied. On the 5th level the gang will disband. Players will be aware if their gang is in debt by a warning under 'My Gang'

Spoiler

cba4394cd5fd77460f733817d6757f65.jpg

656ad51e1c5f3dc40a6fc791e2ff698c.png

256dfe68a5f60634b711080ce9dfd3bd.jpg

2ecc56320de3990842d3adbec98c9d5a.png

91c93623dcf56285125ce0a211c1769e.jpg

3e10a3569529f413e61ff7f4a11bc328.png

straight out of my ass and i'd rather play with all of that then what's in now, and some of it's legit dogshit

Edited by Sean // Fitty Bread
Piner, MrSmoke, pete and 7 others like this

I voted yes but I honestly don't see money being direct deposited increasing fights. Especially if the amount of money you get isn't increased. 

I think the main reSon some of the older gangs are no longer fighting is simply because it has gotten old. When you do the same shit over and over for two plus years (some people more than that), that tends to happen. 

Just my two cents. 

Volunteer281 likes this
Just now, Brutus said:

I voted yes but I honestly don't see money being direct deposited increasing fights. Especially if the amount of money you get isn't increased. 

I think the main reSon some of the older gangs are no longer fighting is simply because it has gotten old. When you do the same shit over and over for two plus years (some people more than that), that tends to happen. 

Just my two cents. 

Well add back the arms tax directly to gang account so if you hold cartel you make ab actually usable amount of money.

Just now, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Well add back the arms tax directly to gang account so if you hold cartel you make ab actually usable amount of money.

I think that would help, short term at least. Unfortunately, the power that be have made it pretty clear that's not a direction they would like to go. 

2 hours ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

ok lets break this down my friend

Gang A owns drug dealer after capturing it from the gang who captures it at night and takes out 25k from the fridge

4 hours later gang B comes to take it

many scenarios occur

'o no gang b is on go get the money'

'yay gang b is on lets fight'

'shit gang b is on they gunna cap it, no point going there they gunna get the money anyway since we doing x'

etc

changing the way the money was distributed to a fridge was ineffective at making gangs fight and a really bad way of helping cartel fighting occur.

so let's change it

Patch X

• Drug Cartel no longer has a fridge where the money is stored.
  • The Triad no longer has a fridge where the money is stored.
  • Funds made from the cartels will now go to a cache at the Bank of Altis where a member of the gang that owns(ed) a cartel can go to withdraw the profit straight to the gang account.
  • Gang ranks of 2 or higher can now send money directly to players accounts in their own gang from the Gang Bank at the Bank of Altis.
  • Unclaimed cartel funds at the Bank of Altis will have 10% taken out and added to any successful Bank Robbery not performed by a member of the gang.
  • Owners of the Drug Cartel may now be able to sell drugs at the cartel location for an increased price (Increases with each restart the cartel is held by a gang, very similar to the fortification of the cartels. This does not go towards the passive income of the cartel)
  • Owners of the Triad may now bring any items made at the distillery or sea turtles to the cartel in order to be sold for an increased price (Increases with each restart the cartel is held by a gang, very similar to the fortification of the cartels. This does not go towards the passive income of the cartel)
  • Drug sales at turfs do not count towards the passive income of Drug Cartel
  • Arms Dealer will now spawn in a crate containing 3 random rebel weapons once per restart somewhere on the arms island for the owners to collect. All players will be able to access this crate if they find it from the server-wide alert, however owners of the cartel will receive a marker on it's location.
  • New Arms Locations refer to the spoiler below(and literally go to the Cartel suggestion and find better ones or fly and find better ones. Every suggestion so far is better than the triad and arms on s6 js)
  • Cartels cannot be contested by a gang if they have more than 10 players within 300m of the flag
  • Group cap now scales up to 15 on a 1:2 ratio for cops. (If there is 20 cops online, 15 is the group cap. I don't even want this but apparently people have issues with 30 cops so the cartel contest thing should still keep the 10v10s at cartels)
  • Gangs are now taxed out of the gang bank for each player in the gang multiplied by 2,000 every 15 restarts. If a gang bank has insufficient funds the gang leader will have to visit the Bank of Altis to pay off the debt! Each level of debt that a gang is in decreases the rewards from cartels up to Level 4 where no rewards are applied. On the 5th level the gang will disband. Players will be aware if their gang is in debt by a warning under 'My Gang'

Hidden Content

straight out of my ass and i'd rather play with all of that then what's in now, and some of it's legit dogshit

SFB for developer. 

On a serious note, if these things were added i guarantee you that all 4 servers will be 100/100 like they used to be.

BrutaL likes this
12 hours ago, Mc Duushe said:

1) And?

2) If you don't want to fight, then why were you a cop? Its kind of part of the job. 

3) RP is also gone because theres so much work/time/money at stake that theres actually a anti-incentive to engage in it. 

4) Kav wasn't good then but its not good now either, I'd say its worse, and on top of that now everyone is a pistol banger regardless of where you are. At least before it was more limited to Kav. Now? Every RP engagement is a robbery. It didn't use to be like that. I use to see other people, even in illegal zones, and we wouldn't kill each other. People were even welcomed to join in farming because it meant more people to ward off wannabe robbers. If someone did kill you your reaction was generally "Eh". Now, its kind of a big deal. Its harder to get up to that point where you have money to play with, and losing it is, for me at least, more common because quite literally everyone is out to get you. Theres just no RP to be had anymore, and, personally, I think thats somewhat to blame on a lack of money to play with as well as the ease of which it can be earned. 

5) Again, and? Its not like this was just given to them. They had to setup said super gang and alliances which is a task within itself. Plus, in my opinion as someone who has/had no desire to be in a gang, was kind of cool looking at it from the outside in. 

12 hours ago, OLL13 said:

If someone plays a life mod, they don't want to replicate their life, they want to do crazy shit they can't do in real life. When I come home from College/Work I want to hop onto a server where I have millions in my bank and when I make money it's a lot more satisfying. Just like I wouldent go on a murderious meth fueled rampage in real life but would in a life server. That's why I preferred pre-6.0, it was just more simple and satisfying, for me anyway. 

Says you. I actually enjoy just being a normal civ. To put this into prospective I still have the same BH/firearm licence I bought pre-talents. I treat Altis life like a open world Truck/Heli sim where I engage/get engaged into RP situations. To me, thats fun. Its all good and well if you like going on "a murderious meth fueled rampage" in-game, but there are people who are boring like myself who don't. This is not to say the OP's idea is bad (Cant even see what it was due to admin edit) but just pointing out there are boring people in the game.

Also, have you tried GTA Online? That sounds more like something you'd be interested in. 

Edited by Istaf
BrutaL and kryptonthegamer like this
Just now, OLL13 said:

A3L sounds more like your style bud.

Maybe, but tbh I was having a pretty good time here on Asylum before. Before Asylum I was playing on a server where things like RDM was basically non-existent, Cops were dicks, rebels were dicks and the admins were dicks. I think Asylum has the community, but just fell off its rail a bit. I don't want a server where robbers don't happen, or fighting doesn't happen. Its just, as a observer, the patch that was supposedly suppose to make the server less about combat has done just the opposite. People like you are less likely to take the risk of RP because of what you have to lose, and to me thats part of the problem. 

On 3/22/2016 at 10:22 PM, Sants said:

I agree with you partially. I don't believe it should be removed entirely, but upped a bit. We've seen what happens with no cap.

^ this...

Loadouts need to be reduced because fighting cartels for new gangs is discouraging when they get wiped. They lost 120k orca, 30k x however many guys they have. Tons of money for smaller gangs. Even bigger gangs feel the hits on the loadouts prices now. I think group cap should be put to 15 since there is almost always a ton of cops on now, and loadouts for rebels AND cops reduced. This is a game to have fun, but like a few people have said, it has become more of a job to a point where people are actually spending their hard earned money out in the real world to BUY virtual money because it is such a hassle. I'm not complaining about just rebel loadouts, because even cop loadouts are a good 6k a whack to go back to a situation and get dome pieced by something absolutely stupid. It's just too high imo