Farewell...

11 hours ago, Sneaky said:

I have decided to step down from admin in addition to the other recent resignations. I became an admin because i wanted to give back to the community, i feel that i have had some amazing times here on asylum. Hopefully i have created fun times for those who interacted with me. Over time i did become a little jaded due to things going on within the staff that just weren't healthy for the community. There have definitely been some times where I could have acted better and I apologize to anyone who may have encountered that with me.

There are some changes recently that i feel are going to be great for Asylum (congrats to KBW for finally being able to contribute), and there are some not so great changes. There are lots of things internally that need fixed for the staff. I know that some of the other admins who recently left feel a similar way about everything. Thanks for the good times and maybe I will see some of you around. ^_^

:(. Take care Sneaky, thank you for all you've done for the community and admin team. We've setup a nice retirement home for you in the "Village." 

Zelthius, Buckwalter and Sneaky like this

@Sneaky I will miss you, as well as the others. I remember playing on Stratis with you before becoming admin and you and Smirnoff were the ones that got me interested in it. You were a great admin and friend. Those that left have been joining the retired staff section on Discord and you guys are more than welcome to do so. It's one thing to leave the team but we want to make sure the relationships that we all built while being on the team can still remain. Wish you the best of luck!

Roberino and Mike Stmria like this
8 hours ago, Steez said:

07 not only a great admin but the main constable that trained me during my cadet week, hopefully ill see ya around the udi team speak 

Yeah Ill come around for sure, such an awesome group of guys!

5 hours ago, LaGrange said:

Love you Sneaky <3

Frodo-Hug-Samwise-Elijah-Wood-Sean-Astin

We have already talked and I understand. Perhaps we can get a KoH squad going with all of the admins who have just recently stepped down. 

Hell yeah! Buck and I already are down for some of that!

8 hours ago, Bexxy said:

:(

ikr. =/

Buckwalter likes this
20 hours ago, Buckwalter said:

Such a big loss for the staff and the community as a whole. We go way back, we used to RP all the time on cop, you were instrumental in showing me the ropes of being an admin, you've been a valued member of the admin KOTH squad (in spite of all Jin's yelling haha). I appreciate everything you've done for me personally and for the community as a whole. You've always been one of the good guys. I'm sad to see you go, but at least there will still be plenty of opportunity for us to dunk on sniper pussies in KOTH together. It's too bad things have come to this, but times change. 

It's been a fun man, all the best. 

Back when server 5 was kinda fun black cat America or something like that haha agia chaos! Goldberg was always og lawyer and the mk200's and flying subs were real:(

Sneaky and Buckwalter like this
1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

You were one of my favorite admins, it sucks so many are stepping down.  What in the world is going on that you guys don't like?

I can't speak for everyone else's reasoning, but I left because I've been very busy and I didn't want to hold the position and not be able to contribute very much. 

Have there been some taxing circumstances or systemic issues I wished had been different? Of course, but that doesn't mean there is some nefarious conspiracy out there forcing people to leave. A lot of times change begets change. You see a couple of your friends move on, your passion for the gameplay wanes, you start feeling the weight of the negativity and abuse that surrounds you, and eventually you ask yourself if you're still the right guy for the job. Do you still have the enthusiasm to tolerate the bullshit and do everything in your power to actively improve the community? Can you still endure the stress of going against the crowd to do the right thing even when it's unpopular? Can you still be patient with the people who lie to you in ban appeals because they're afraid of punishment when really you just want to correct their behavior and move on? and lastly can you bring a little positivity or joy to members of the community? 

If you ask yourself those questions long enough eventually the answer for at least one of them is going to be no and then it's time to move on. If you stop asking yourself those questions entirely, you've lost track of what it means to be an admin. 

So for me I just didn't have enough free time so I was much more inactive than I would like, combine that with a lot of complex behind the scenes factors and the generally burdensome nature of the position and it was just time to move on and make way for someone else. 

I realize that this is probably a lot more nebulous than the answer you wanted, but I think it's important that people understand these things aren't always born out of anger or disaffection. Sometimes people just need to go. 

Also Bada invited me on a really creepy sounding camping trip, so I peaced the fuck out ASAP. 

Anyway, that's why I left.  I'm sure everyone has their own unique reasons but everyone went out on good terms.

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

I love you Sneaky.

That cop night was insane.

You told me not to unrestrain them but yolo.

lmfaoooooo

2 hours ago, JacobHarr said:

Back when server 5 was kinda fun black cat America or something like that haha agia chaos! Goldberg was always og lawyer and the mk200's and flying subs were real:(

Black Cat USA.

2 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

You were one of my favorite admins, it sucks so many are stepping down.  What in the world is going on that you guys don't like?

Stuff and things. Lets be real, if things were said publicly then it would be removed. I have a lot of time and passion to give, but it felt like eating an entire cake while walking on a treadmill. The results were mitigated by other circumstances and it just wasn't worth the time or stress.

On 30-4-2016 at 10:16 AM, Sneaky said:

I have decided to step down from admin in addition to the other recent resignations. I became an admin because i wanted to give back to the community, i feel that i have had some amazing times here on asylum. Hopefully i have created fun times for those who interacted with me. Over time i did become a little jaded due to things going on within the staff that just weren't healthy for the community. There have definitely been some times where I could have acted better and I apologize to anyone who may have encountered that with me.

There are some changes recently that i feel are going to be great for Asylum (congrats to KBW for finally being able to contribute), and there are some not so great changes. There are lots of things internally that need fixed for the staff. I know that some of the other admins who recently left feel a similar way about everything. Thanks for the good times and maybe I will see some of you around. ^_^

Might be retarded but who/what is KBW?

You've always been a great guy sneaky, stay the way you are :)

Sneaky likes this
8 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

KBW is a he and he is a Contributing Developer. Who has been slicing through bugs with Bamf at rapid speed.

Heidelberg likes this
4 hours ago, Midamaru said:

KBW is someone i met a year ago and worked with to fix bugs that were persistent on the servers. That help was ignored for the past year, there could have been a big difference in the current state of asylum.

Thanks for the kind words!

Damn Sneaky why you do this to me? Im sad at work now. You were one of the first friends I made on asylum back in 2014. We would run weed all the time and politely rob people and offer them a ride back into town. You and Clive were the ones who got me interested in the APD and even helped me during my cadet week. Thank you for everything you've done for the community o7 don't forget about me :(

Sneaky likes this
On 4/30/2016 at 4:16 AM, Sneaky said:

I will miss you very much. You were one of the only honest , genuine, and real people I have had the experience of playing with. With all that aside

YOU OWE ME A MOTHER FUCKING BATTLE ROYALE WIN 

Edited by Sugarfoot
14 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

I will miss you very much. You were one of the only honest , genuine, and real people I have had the experience of playing with. With all that aside

YOU OWE ME A MOTHER FUCKING BATTLE ROYALE WIN 

Can't believe you lost that.