Requesting information on bugs and broken things

When driving and attempting to put on your seatbelt, there is a chance it ejects you out of the seat because it automatically puts the seatbelt on for you, so when you hit seatbelt on, you get ejected. I've ejected out of a moving car and died about 4 times now.

Possible to make it so Toolkits/Parachutes do not effect the store vehicle notification? I think most people use grease monkey now meaning that every time we store our vehicle, its just going to come up with a annoying notification. I don't think people care much about storing a car with free tool kits/ parachutes.

------

And what @Norwegianviking said. The Karaoke takes nearly as much space as all the custom skins combined do. No one uses it anymore because outdated song/ boring now.I managed to make a decent custom skin, exported in .paa while maintaining a sub 400kb file, which is pretty much the same as Asylums JPEG vehicle skins. 

I've found the reason why Asylums skins take up so much space when in JPEG. It's a lengthy process but i'll be willing to optimise all the important skins to .paa while maintaining the exact same size they take up now. Just hit me up. @bamf @KBW

------

Oh and I know its not a bug but please 

Edited by Haych

When lockpicking someone that is restrained by a cop, there's like 50/50% chance that the lockpicks will work. Basically sometimes it will say "this player has been unrestrained" when using lockpicks, but nothing happens the dude is still restrained, you just have to keep going until it finally works.

Edited by Pentax
5 hours ago, Haych said:

I've found the reason why Asylums skins take up so much space when in JPEG. It's a lengthy process but i'll be willing to optimise all the important skins to .paa while maintaining the exact same size they take up now. Just hit me up. @bamf @KBW

The times I have converted JPG to .paa, it multiplies the file size by at least a factor of 4. So by all means if you know how to do that without increasing the file size to ridiculous levels, by all means.

5 hours ago, Pentax said:

When lockpicking someone that is restrained by a cop, there's like 50/50% chance that the lockpicks will work. Basically sometimes it will say "this player has been unrestrained" when using lockpicks, but nothing happens the dude is still restrained, you just have to keep going until it finally works.

Adding to this: I feel it takes way too many trys to get someone unrestrained in most cases, almost as if it is bugged. It took me 25 lock picks to break before I handed another 5 to someone else who got them on the 3rd try. A bit ridiculous, is this a bug?

26 minutes ago, Parker said:

Adding to this: I feel it takes way too many trys to get someone unrestrained in most cases, almost as if it is bugged. It took me 25 lock picks to break before I handed another 5 to someone else who got them on the 3rd try. A bit ridiculous, is this a bug?

It's literally a RNG.

You have the same (x)% chance every time. Successive attempts do not increase your probability.

9 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

It's literally a RNG.

You have the same (x)% chance every time. Successive attempts do not increase your probability.

Ah okay. I when I get to my 20th lock pick I start  losing hope because it feels like it is bugged lol. Once took 35 lock picks total between 3 people to get someone unrestrained.

52 minutes ago, Parker said:

Ah okay. I when I get to my 20th lock pick I start  losing hope because it feels like it is bugged lol. Once took 35 lock picks total between 3 people to get someone unrestrained.

It's a 20% chance, or 30% with the twocker talent it seems...

14 minutes ago, Parker said:

So remove that talent if I need to lock pick someone or add it?

20% chance of success without it.

30% chance of success with it.

5 hours ago, KBW said:

The times I have converted JPG to .paa, it multiplies the file size by at least a factor of 4. So by all means if you know how to do that without increasing the file size to ridiculous levels, by all means.

The issue isn't with the conversion, its the main file its self. The skins where made using a very very large file size template, even without any edits the template itself exports in 1GB+ in .paa.

I made a more optimised template thats got all the useless things removed, so its just a matter of copy/cut pasting over to the new template.

Heres a example. This is the Template/Skin Asylum uses and this is the one I made. As you can see, the 'new' template removed all the things that you don't need to skin Exteriors. So you can add as much things as you want, and the file size will still be very low because the initial template you start with doesn't take up any space.

When I get time, I'll start with optimising the Police Hatchback and forward it onto you and @bamf so you can start testing it.

Vash and JAY1HP like this

We should move to Pseudo Random Chance @Gnashes @KBW @bamf

A lot of games like Dota and LoL moved from pure random to Pseudo random chance because its more fair. 

Should be possible, the way it works:

1st try you have maybe 5% chance, 2nd try you have 10% chance, 3rd try you have 30% chance, 4try you have 40% chance etc until 100% chance. Timer resets if you stop lock picking or succeed. The more you fail the higher the chance to succeed is. 

This way you will never take 30 lockpicks to unrestrain the guy and very rarely you will get first try success. It balances out the extremes and makes the random chance more consistent.

This system is a lot more fair.

JAY1HP, Haych, Eric916 and 1 other like this

Since I like doing everything available to me on Asylum, we were testing dropping hatchbacks from a Mohawk, it was fun. Between 100m-150m everything went well. 300m and going over 200kmh+ on the heli, my hatchback teleported over 20km accross from altis, 225m+ meters, teleported like 3km. Might wanna check it out, its very fun, and creates very hillarious bugs, moments. 

5 minutes ago, King Angelo said:

Since I like doing everything available to me on Asylum, we were testing dropping hatchbacks from a Mohawk, it was fun. Between 100m-150m everything went well. 300m and going over 200kmh+ on the heli, my hatchback teleported over 20km accross from altis, 225m+ meters, teleported like 3km. Might wanna check it out, its very fun, and creates very hillarious bugs, moments. 

Also, the parachute is huge, and it will blowup the heli sometimes (yes, rest in peace @OverloadPR's mohawk).

49 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

We should move to Pseudo Random Chance @Gnashes @KBW @bamf

A lot of games like Dota and LoL moved from pure random to Pseudo random chance because its more fair. 

Should be possible, the way it works:

1st try you have maybe 5% chance, 2nd try you have 10% chance, 3rd try you have 30% chance, 4try you have 40% chance etc until 100% chance. Timer resets if you stop lock picking or succeed. The more you fail the higher the chance to succeed is. 

This way you will never take 30 lockpicks to unrestrain the guy and very rarely you will get first try success. It balances out the extremes and makes the random chance more consistent.

This system is a lot more fair.

Problem with Arma is that you then have to have a variable for "number of times this particular player has lockpicked this particular vehicle"; which in Arma sounds like an absolute pain in the ass.

On 5/18/2016 at 4:20 PM, Norwegianviking said:

Bodies are supposed to pop out after the wreck disperses but currently the wreck would just eat the bodies. How I'm getting it is that an NYC jumps true all the seets pulling out any dead people but that script won't be able to do so if the car is completely destroyed. 

That makes sense. So if that's just a product of the script, probably not able to be fixed?

Been mentioned before, but considering most important bugs are fixed, this one should be some what high priority.

If your vehicle blows up, The Pilot/Drivers body gets cleaned up with the cleaning script meaning you can't get revived at all, your respawn timer just gets stuck when the vehicle is cleaned up.

I would also love to see the clean up manager adjusted. Adding a condition for player distance will be great. Not only does it make sense, its new player friendly which is the most important.

Not sure what the thought behind making it so you can only share keys to people in your vehicle was, but its a massive inconvenience having to share Ifrit/Orca keys at cartels to people going infantry, throwing your keys though the window was much easier :D

GJ on the bug fixes, you've been insande. 7.0.0 Hype 

Restrained people being able to jump out of cars and switch seats? About a quarter of bounties seem to find this hilarious to do. 

On the other side of the equation: restrained people can lock/unlock cars, which can lead to hilarity when someone tries to kidnap you in your own vehicle.

Step 1: Log out with backpack

Step 2: Log back in, there is some chance you will get bugged, not be able to move, go into 1st/3rd person, looks like you're character isn't even there

Step 3: Soft log, you can move again, but you will have no backpack, making you have to drop the extra Y (because your inventory size decreased) and it deletes whatever you had in your backpack

I've only ever had this happen with the Field Pack (Hex) from rebel. Donor rebel mainly.

This bug is super annoying and recurring, I don't know why it happens.

Happened first time at Arms Dealer, logged off 1km out, logged in with no backpack.

2nd time at Pyrgos rebel, logged off behind command center, logged in with no backpack

Edited by Vanilla Coke

don't even know if this is a bug. 

i remembered about 2 weeks ago, i was being revived as i was replying to a message with #r in direct chat, after being fully revived, i woke up in the hospital with a debuff. 

I didn't even have the resilient or hardy talent. it was like i teleported.

didn't know if it was a bug or not since its only ever happened once. 

Not trying to risk 30-40k loadouts to see if it is or not.

• 2 weeks later...