Spit it out Paratus/Bamf& Motown

Donations cannot be the only way to achieve access to content in-game. Period. Bohemia has made that point abundantly clear; especially given Donor Town was the cause of this morning's issues.

A solution I'd recommend is that they can setup basically a microtransaction-esque system using something like Points earned through gameplay (100,000 Points to buy a Mohawk - which can be bought at a $1:1000 Point Ratio, or earned in-game over (x) period of time). People can earn enough points to access content, or buy points through donations to unlock that content instantly. Not sure how well BI would take that system though.

Believe me; Paratus is... less than pleased... with how things have been handled thusfar. I ask for your patience while they sort things out.

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Do we even know why it was disabled again?  

I mean, I do feel bad for Asylum though because there will be hardly any reason to donate.  No reason to donate = No server.

Donor Town.

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Donations cannot be the only way to achieve access to content in-game. Period. Bohemia has made that point abundantly clear; especially given Donor Town was the cause of this morning's issues.

A solution I'd recommend is that they can setup basically a microtransiction-esque system using something like Points earned through gameplay (100,000 Points to buy a Mohawk - which can be bought at a $1:1000 Point Ratio, or earned in-game over (x) period of time). People can earn enough points to access content, or buy points through donations to unlock that content instantly. Not sure how well BI would take that system though.

Believe me; Paratus is... less than pleased... with how things have been handled thusfar. I ask for your patience while they sort things out.

Stop contributing, they're going to start thinking you care. :kappa:

Edited by iFox
Mr.Purple, Gosu and Blurp like this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Are they doing this shit to other servers?  Or just Asylum?

Whatever servers are reported to them most likely; but I don't know that for sure.

I do know that a pretty good chunk of servers were removed from the Monetization list last week.

5 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

A solution I'd recommend is that they can setup basically a microtransaction-esque system using something like Points earned through gameplay (100,000 Points to buy a Mohawk - which can be bought at a $1:1000 Point Ratio, or earned in-game over (x) period of time). People can earn enough points to access content, or buy points through donations to unlock that content instantly. Not sure how well BI would take that system though.

That sounds neat

13 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

This actually sounds doable & fair tbh,Even with my distain for microtransactions.

16 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

How about using the prestige points (money) for currency ?

I dislike the idea of microtransactions, I think past experiences on other servers has just left a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like things could be done elsewhere, like maybe ranks/fancy names on the forums, some more shirts maybe, etc. Different carrier lite textures? Dunno if that's even possible. I feel like it shouldn't be easy to just donate and get points to buy a Mohawk, feels kinda boring. Maybe make Mohawks craftable by only donors, and raise the price for non donors? I suppose even making it so you couldn't buy Mohawks if nobody has crafted one would be kinda cool, to incentivize and give more reason to crafting them. 

7 minutes ago, ProjectGemini said:

I dislike the idea of microtransactions, I think past experiences on other servers has just left a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like things could be done elsewhere, like maybe ranks/fancy names on the forums, some more shirts maybe, etc. Different carrier lite textures? Dunno if that's even possible. I feel like it shouldn't be easy to just donate and get points to buy a Mohawk, feels kinda boring. Maybe make Mohawks craftable by only donors, and raise the price for non donors? I suppose even making it so you couldn't buy Mohawks if nobody has crafted one would be kinda cool, to incentivize and give more reason to crafting them. 

>Mohawks only craftable by donors, can only be purchased when crafted.

Blocking content from non Donors is in violation of monetization policy.

Just now, Midamaru said:

If they don't do this then every server is allowed to be pay to win.

They lose their right to punish for it if they allow it for one

but asylum isn't even pay 2 win its just a couple of extra stuff that very slightly changes the game

Just now, Stereo said:

damn that fucking sucks

Also think about it, developers make a game.

Paratus uses their game and makes his own server, then he choses for the players to PAY for content that they already bought (aka the game).

Making more money of simply locking/unlocking content via payment

No offense to paratus

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Oh Bohemia, 

This is not how you grow the Arma 3 community. 

They're largely shooting themselves in the foot.  I know many players who joined Arma because of Asylum/other Altis life servers because they watched a streamer play on said server.  I'd be willing to bet most people who buy Arma are not interested in the milsim portion of the game, just the servers...which BI will end up killing and the game will be dead.