Suppressors For Civs

14 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

Mk's are illegal and are OP for civs, but you can still buy them.

and you can buy 9mm suppressors too. they're only there for 9mm for a reason, they're only for the p07 and sting. they're not going to give suppressors to marksman rifles or assault rifles.  

I forgot that everything Civs opt for is OP in APD eyes. Ya'll got to realize that playing with the same content without any new additions gets boring after awhile and every time some suggestion comes abroad for a push of new items it gets shot down with out any real feedback and people go on being negative to  each other with out even making a solid attempt at compromising. 

1 minute ago, Ebola said:

I forgot that everything Civs opt for is OP in APD eyes. Ya'll got to realize that playing with the same content without any new additions gets boring after awhile and every time some suggestion comes abroad for a push of new items it gets shot down with out any real feedback and people go on being negative to  each other with out even making a solid attempt at compromising. 

Has everything to do with cop, and nothing to do with it being a terrible idea....  Alrighty then

3 minutes ago, Ebola said:

Here is where there is a conflict of interest....ready? You think it's a terrible idea and I think it's a great idea. So  if you really want prove to me its a bad idea present your evidence and we could go from there. 

I did you countered it with a terrible generalization that the gun is bad past 100 meters because its a lower caliber which is 100% incorrect and shows that you have no actual idea of ballistics or how Arma works.  

Edited by HotWings

I understand the appeal and it's certainly been suggested by a lot of people, but ultimately as many other people have stated, I think it would really harm the gameplay. 

Just imagine playing tanoa and having people taking 5.56 pot shots from the jungle with very minimal report, no muzzle flash, and text RP. It would pretty much suck. 

For pistols however, I don't really care either way.

Scott likes this

With a little bit of "good" RP the 9mm ones are available.  If you can find/kidnap a cop that still carries his Po7 around with the suppressor still on it.

as far a larger calibers suppressors they fall under the same reason the large caliber weapons are not on asylum they don't promote RP. vs snipe wars.

would be a fun event though. 2v2 in the jungle with ghille suits and suppressed 5.56.

HardyBxoxo likes this
4 minutes ago, Beenie said:

would be a fun event though. 2v2 in the jungle with ghille suits and suppressed 5.56.

100% agree. As for the kidnapping officer way, I've done it quite a few times with officers and alot of them regardless of the quality of rp simply state you have me for 10 minutes then im logging its pretty sad not like how it was couple years ago.

scen7edcandle likes this
2 minutes ago, Ebola said:

100% agree. As for the kidnapping officer way, I've done it quite a few times with officers and alot of them regardless of the quality of rp simply state you have me for 10 minutes then im logging its pretty sad not like how it was couple years ago.

there are some that still play along. A lot of the mood is set by how they are kidnapped. being kidnapped by someone taking advantage of a red zone (ie a PB) and shooting you in the back and then driving away with you will probably lead to less then cooperative.

a lot of people dont take the time to have fun with the victims. its straight to rebel.. taking your comms and gps, drop your stuff.. make up a story.. play a game.. do something..

best time i had kidnapped was when i was a fresh cadet and got kidnapped and asked questions about the apd guidelines for every question right they killed one of their own guys.. for every wrong i had to drop something of my choice.

DreamC, Ghostshot, Virrx and 1 other like this

I wished cops would role-play more i can go up to 50 cops and ask them how likely is it that they will drop their gear for their life and all will most likely say impossible its pointless last time i took a cop hostage was about 5 months ago haven't done it since because why? they are shit role-players a petty civ hears the words "makes alot of money" plays civ for 14 days an hour a day and bang they are cop and don't want to give half or pardons or parole because all they want is the money... i took 5 hostages the other day and my gang robbed a bank there was 10+ cops on and we said we got hostages meet our demands or they die and then triggered the bank the cops rushed in and used lethal didn't even give 0 shits about the civs life like where the fuck is the roleplay its plain bullshit they should have a rule for cops saying "YOU HAVE TO ROLE-PLAY IF SOMEONE ASK YOU TO DROP YOUR GEAR YOU DO IT IF THERE IS A HOSTAGE TRY THE BEST TO MEET DEMANDS" 

9 minutes ago, |Я·Ф| 1Shot said:

I wished cops would role-play more i can go up to 50 cops and ask them how likely is it that they will drop their gear for their life and all will most likely say impossible its pointless last time i took a cop hostage was about 5 months ago haven't done it since because why? they are shit role-players a petty civ hears the words "makes alot of money" plays civ for 14 days an hour a day and bang they are cop and don't want to give half or pardons or parole because all they want is the money... i took 5 hostages the other day and my gang robbed a bank there was 10+ cops on and we said we got hostages meet our demands or they die and then triggered the bank the cops rushed in and used lethal didn't even give 0 shits about the civs life like where the fuck is the roleplay its plain bullshit they should have a rule for cops saying "YOU HAVE TO ROLE-PLAY IF SOMEONE ASK YOU TO DROP YOUR GEAR YOU DO IT IF THERE IS A HOSTAGE TRY THE BEST TO MEET DEMANDS" 

You cant take hostages and start a timed event and reasonably expect people to do nothing while you get away with everything.

Mike Stmria likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

You cant take hostages and start a timed event and reasonably expect people to do nothing while you get away with everything.

all we wanted was to be left alone to grab dirty money and leave not even gold bars like ok real life situation hotwings i got hostages and i told you if you come in bank they die i show proof of hostages are you going to fuck with me and risk their life ?> no your not 

scen7edcandle and Binder like this
6 minutes ago, |Я·Ф| 1Shot said:

all we wanted was to be left alone to grab dirty money and leave not even gold bars like ok real life situation hotwings i got hostages and i told you if you come in bank they die i show proof of hostages are you going to fuck with me and risk their life ?> no your not 

16 minutes ago, |Я·Ф| 1Shot said:

Real life? Seriously the real life argument?  In real life you cant walk into the bank with hundreds of thousands of dollars inside with no security and open the vault with a Dewalt power drill. In real life you can shot someone with a bullet and it magically becomes a tazer when your blood level reaches below 95. In real life you cannot be revived by a defib when shot point blank in the head with a high caliber rifle.   Need I go on?  

This is a game.  Take your real life somewhere else.

Edited by HotWings
Mike Stmria, Thomas, Will and 1 other like this
5 hours ago, Ebola said:

Dunno why everyone's gotta harp on the Wings. It's not just career cops not wanting civs to have shit. Plenty of us play quite a lot of civilian.

It's just not knowing where you've been shot from impacts any player's experience negatively for the most part. Cops are required to roleplay with anyone they down using any weapon 9mm silenced or not, and inherently are at a disadvantage in combat most of the time because of the policies built around them to make the server a fun and friendly place to be. A civ can send you a text hands up or die, shoot you if you don't comply from some retarded location, and you will actually know nothing about what hit you other than the name of the person who just offed you.

Being shot from somewhere, not knowing where it came from, and text messages being apart of Asylum's relaxed roleplay style. These are reasons silencers are not added.

This goes double for 5.56, and not only that but if you want silencers go kidnap and roleplay with some cops in a decent manner. Guarantee you'll get a po7 with a silencer pretty fast.

HotWings likes this