Remove the shitty "running in circles is fun" code in gathering

Money selling is against the rules, drugs have been nerfed, so why can't we just fucking autogather again? 

It hurts nothing by autogathering except your fucking wrist.

People started buying money because they couldn't be fucked working a real job within a game. 

Oh no! You're afk while gathering, a rebel or cop comes, it obviously decreases the fucking game enjoyment for the other party, right? 

I don't even play civ and I know that this mechanic is aids. 

Edited by epTic
DreamC, Mako, pete and 10 others like this
Just now, antwon said:

inb4 locked by gnashes 

It won't be as long as it remains civil. He's not a developer, so unless its locked by a developer making a decision or it gets out of hand there is no reason for a lock.

Scott and Big Bird like this
2 minutes ago, Shane McCoy said:

Think they mean it's easy to make scripts for it

You're standing in one place, what script would be needed? If people make a script to exploit an AFK thing that makes your life easy, GG you need a trophy for EXTREME laziness. FFS I really miss the days that people actually played a game instead of constantly finding ways to cheat, gain an edge and not actually PLAYING a game.

1 minute ago, Olio said:

Internets been around a LONG time. It's not the internet, its the people that make playing games a miserable thing to do anymore.

i know how to fix the rebel problem.

Remove all the guns for a day so that they relearn the basics of asylum. That'll teach them dirty rebels

cops would be chasing rebels around a bank in progress trying to restrain them

Edited by Dork
Ghost0fDawn and Big Bird like this

Since Ogre is a pleb that only plays cop he has to ask, because it is right to ask to know why they changed it..

Did they increase the pay out versus before, for doing the run around thing? 

If they made it more profitable to gather as a result of going through such lengths.. I.e, more effort more gain, then it's fair.. 

Granted, can see that they changed this mechanic to do that to try the 'mmersion route.

Tyler likes this
Just now, OgreTV said:

Since Ogre is a pleb that only plays cop he has to ask, because it is right to ask to know why they changed it..

Did they increase the pay out versus before, for doing the run around thing? 

If they made it more profitable to gather as a result of going through such lengths.. I.e, more effort more gain, then it's fair.. 

Granted, can see that they changed this mechanic to do that to try the 'mmersion route.

Coming from the guy that wants to eat people i'd have to say +1. If they change it lessen the profit by $30-$40 per cocaine.

OgreTV likes this

i hate this mechanic! lets start a server wide riot in all 4 kavals and 1 georgetown and rock these devs to their knees in submission! fuck the police fuck the scripts and fuck the guy who painted the mona lisa because that painting is pretty shitty but only popular do to some bullshit half-assed smile that some dumbass basic bitch made while being painting in a forest setting that was poorly drawn to proportion of her body even considering all possible angles the painter could of painted her from! during that era of art it was very special to paint highly detailed and proportional pictures so this painter made a shitty attempt at a common practice among artist in that era! on top of that johannes vermeer was alive not far away from that time period and painted a much more mysterious and much more detailed masterpiece (i should say pieces) that creats a great mystery than the mona lisa ever could.

Shane McCoy likes this
33 minutes ago, Olio said:

You're standing in one place, what script would be needed? If people make a script to exploit an AFK thing that makes your life easy, GG you need a trophy for EXTREME laziness. FFS I really miss the days that people actually played a game instead of constantly finding ways to cheat, gain an edge and not actually PLAYING a game.

DJScias had a guide on how to auto gather on the previous forums. I bet you think turning your gamma up is cheating too

13 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

DJScias had a guide on how to auto gather on the previous forums. I bet you think turning your gamma up is cheating too

Guess I need to insert a rolls eyes emote. I don't care about gamma, it's inside of the game, who the hell cares...****and if DJScias did that, I'm glad he took the time to make a guide on it.

****denotes the start of sarcasm.

Just now, Olio said:

Guess I need to insert a rolls eyes emote. I don't care about gamma, it's inside of the game, who the hell cares.....its gamma and if DJScias did that, I'm glad he took the time to make a guide on it.

you just stated 30 minutes ago that it was an "exploit" Yet, it was a pinned thread by an admin on the forum for many months.

42 minutes ago, Olio said:

Nothing here about Gamma.....it's has to with being really lazy and finding ways to work your way around the rules and systems to gain an advantage?

Lethal did I say I was going to sit there and ban people for it? I was having a conversation, its an exploit, I don't care what DJ posted back then. He created it, its old news. Not even what we are talking about. I was talking about people trying constantly find ways to test the borders and try and get away with something for nothing. The part where I said good for DJ was sarcasm, sorry that did not bleed through to you.

6 minutes ago, Olio said:

Lethal did I say I was going to sit there and ban people for it? I was having a conversation, its an exploit, I don't care what DJ posted back then. He created it, its old news. Not even what we are talking about. I was talking about people trying constantly find ways to test the borders and try and get away with something for nothing. The part where I said good for DJ was sarcasm, sorry that did not bleed through to you.

Olio goin ham 

Ewephoric and Reavantos like this
1 minute ago, Olio said:

Its not about being banned for something. Its about the fact that a community manager thinks that a benign gather script is a form of cheating/exploiting in the first place. Using one gives you no sort of advantage at all. In fact it puts you at a disadvantage, because from my experience when i used to use one i would go afk and sometimes i would die because i was afk.