Change log 7.5.5

bamf

On September 8, 2016 at 11:22 AM, bamf said:

The fix for turfs was a long, long time ago - not something that I just put in place.  

Also, if you don't like the governor is charging taxes, then you need to get one of your guys elected.  Hell, I'd do that anyway and put the taxes up and then put that money into the gang bank to "pay back" your gang for the "bribes" you had to pay.  

Just for clarification for everyone. If the governor raises taxes does he get more money flowing into the governor account or is it a basic rate that is unaffected by tax flow?

Hotfix 5:

• The federal reserve should have more gold available now.
  • The APD has developed new sources allowing them to see what is happening on the market.
  • The current tax rate now shows on your phone below prestige while checking your bank balance.
  • The map now displays information about illegal areas (redzones). Please direct new players to the map when they are unsure of the rules.
1 minute ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 5:

• The APD has developed new sources allowing them to see what is happening on the market.
  • The current tax rate now shows on your phone below prestige while checking your bank balance.
  • The map now displays information about illegal areas (redzones). Please direct new players to the map when they are unsure of the rules.

Noice! Can't wait to get back home tonight and try this all out

2 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 5:

Is it just me or is this nearly impossible to read without highlighting it?

HotWings likes this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 5:

How many Gold Bars are we looking at? Before this change we was getting around 7, 20 minutes before restart. I also suggest increasing the 'cops needed online' to balance out any major buff made to the Fed. Last thing you want is people making easy money from 12v5ing cops. Only the right change for a end game event tbh.

Bilal Battu, Big Bird and Scott like this
1 minute ago, Haych said:

How many Gold Bars are we looking at? Before this change we was getting around 7, 20 minutes before restart. I also suggest increasing the 'cops needed online' to balance out any major buff made to the Fed. Last thing you want is people making easy money from 12v5ing cops. Only the right change for a end game event tbh.

It should spawn up to 15 now.  I've got the dev server running and just sitting there so I can check the logs later, but I'm fairly confident this should be what the issue was.  

Once a full server cycle runs on the dev server though I'll have a better idea, but adding the change to live introduced no downside and only potential upside - so everyone gets the change now.  

Haych likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Eh, the hotfixes throughout this week have been kind of like a patch, but nothing on it's own has warranted going up a revision number.  Still, a bunch of little quality of life upgrades throughout the week.  Nothing wrong with that...

@bamfI prefer you spend time fixing smaller things vs patches anyway, tbh. I was just kappa kappa you. Trust me, as an Arma developer I am well aware of the time you put into all these little things. 

Haych likes this
1 minute ago, bamf said:

Eh, the hotfixes throughout this week have been kind of like a patch, but nothing on it's own has warranted going up a revision number.  Still, a bunch of little quality of life upgrades throughout the week.  Nothing wrong with that...

How about apd undercover patch :) Stop people from looking at player list while in game 

49 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Bamf and myself are muses for each other. It helps immensely.

But if you can write a private variable to return the number of "wheel_1_" and "wheel_2_" hitboxes that (vehicle player) has; feel free.

GetNumberOfWheels = { 

wheelHitboxes = [];

"_property = ( _x >> 'dampingRate' );

if ( isNumber _property ) then {

wheelHitboxes pushBack ( getNumber _property );

};	

"configClasses ( configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf vehicle player >> "Wheels" );

count wheelHitboxes;

};

Slightly rewritten from: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182482-config-value-to-script-variable/?p=2879491

Heidelberg, xoFi and Haych like this
1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

_wheels = count ( configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf vehicle player >> "Wheels" );

for "_i" from 1 to _wheels do 

{

_wheelPop = format ["wheel_%1_%2_steering",floor(random[1,2,3]),ceil(random (_wheels / 2))];

vehicle player setHit [_wheelPop,1];

};

(I'm toying with the thought of changing the spikestrip script; as it currently pops the same tires 100% of the time)

You should toy with the thought of making RPG's a little more lethal.  We talked about this the other night after you hit a hatchback from 20m and resulted in no dead cops but you restrained.

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

_wheels = count ( configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf vehicle player >> "Wheels" );

for "_i" from 1 to _wheels do 

{

_wheelPop = format ["wheel_%1_%2_steering",floor(random[1,2,3]),ceil(random (_wheels / 2))];

vehicle player setHit [_wheelPop,1];

};

(I'm toying with the thought of changing the spikestrip script; as it currently pops the same tires 100% of the time)

But spikestrips are easily avoidable don't think it needs a nerf.

27 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

That's not a nerf. It still pops, on average (over 20 tests) 5 tires on a HEMMT every time it runs.

They're just not always the exact same tire.

I noticed that if you're going too fast in a car over spikestrip's they don't work at all. When we put spikes on bottleneck waiting for an Ifrit, the hatch they sent ahead with the money just went right over them, no harm.

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Bamf intends to talk to Paratus about that. That's a design decision, rather than just fixing a bug or making something work a little more efficiently.

I thought it wasn't supposed to blow up vehicles anymore?

The other day I did a fed and blew up a strider full of cops with an rpg

If its intended to be this way then I have no problem with it :P

@Gnashes I just did the math, and if the amount given is really bounty / 50 then (intentional or not) that's a huge decrease from what it was. That'd mean turning in a 150k bounty would give you 3k honor, whereas before you'd get close to 10k honor for a 150k bounty. If the honor given was even bounty / 20 that'd be much closer to what I recall (7500 for 150k)

Edited by Fash