This community isnt what it used to be.

Poor roleplay across all servers, corrupt cops allowing civilians to break the law in front of them (locking picking my vehicle), Europeans & Brazilians RDM'ing at any chance, and bounty hunters not announcing themselves prior to downing you... and yes, I can report it all, but with the amount of rule breaking that goes on I'd spend hours filling out reports, and frankly that's not why I play this game.  Lots has changed since I was last a cop.  I find that these servers are becoming unplayable and its just a really terrible version of Call of Duty with the ability to make money.

Utterly disappointed with my return.  Good thing I didn't invest any more money.  Take my opinion for what it's worth.  I'm not sure when I'll be back on, this isn't what I expected.

Gubber Flexx likes this

RDM wasnt as bad for me, and neither was the police.  There were several cops that enjoyed the aspect of being a cop, not just a power hungry player looking to ruin the day of whoever is wanted.

Trolls are also at an all-time high.  I would suggest a a strategy that minimized children, but I'm afraid if they did that, it would eliminate a majority of their player base.

1 minute ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

RDM wasnt as bad for me, and neither was the police.  There were several cops that enjoyed the aspect of being a cop, not just a power hungry player looking to ruin the day of whoever is wanted.

Trolls are also at an all-time high.  I would suggest a a strategy that minimized children, but I'm afraid if they did that, it would eliminate a majority of their player base.

nooooooooooo dont take my @Brendon Smith

Eric916, BlackShot and Sergio like this
16 minutes ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

Whats Wrong with children HMMM?!

Heidelberg likes this

The reality is that this community is slowing dying, and something needs to change to create more hype to gather more players.  I see the same douchey players running around with just a pistol and no backpack telling kids to put their hands up and before they can even finish their sentence the person is dead.  So then I have to kill them so they dont kill me, and now I've got cops & bounty hunters coming after me as well.

Its getting boring.

Edited by Pengfei Xiasheng
5 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Looks like you need to join an RP heavy server like A3L. Asylum was never heavy on RP and it's why we love it. That will never change and you can either accept that fact or find another server more suitable to your tastes.

The problem is exactly that.  More and more people have that attitude and less and less people come hang out here.  They find other servers.  Soon enough you guys will just be fighting the same group of guys. 

This community isnt what it used to be, and I'm not saying youre contributing, but that attitude is the cancer to this community.

P.S.  I'm well aware of my options in terms of where I can play, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Yeah you're right it's all going down the shitter. I'll make a new and better server, either gonna call it Olympus or 胜利村‖RPG 模组下载加Q群40861655‖YY77411636. Keep an eye out, $50 donation needed to get whitelisted that will go towards my new RP game "Bad Rats 3". 

11 hours ago, Arhezius Alzheimers said:

@Pengfei Xiasheng you must have been a kavala troll good sir

I dont go into Kavala unless necessary to the specific job I'm trying to complete.  So, nope.. not a Kavala troll.  Plus I'm in my 30's.  Running around shooting kids just to piss them off isnt my idea of entertainment.  I enjoy playing the game the way it's designed to play the game, and rest assured that occasionally I like to commit crimes and play the bad guy, but it's typically respectful to the person on the other end.  I don't rob people at red zones, or KOS in those areas, I typically leave them alone unless they start a gun fight with me.

12 hours ago, Google™ said:

New people are finding out about Arma 3 and Asylum who are coming to the community, expect RDM and VDM. When it happens you just need to record and report instead of complaining about it in a thread. It doesn't fix anything it only causes more problems.

I disagree.  What evidence supports that theory?  I've been apart of a few Life RP servers, and I've got to say that here is by far the worst in terms of RDM, and VDM.  While it certainly happens on other servers, I'd have to disagree that new players expect it.  The bottom line is that Asylum has a great product to offer, and they've certainly worked hard on creating a balance, so why not focus on cracking down and turning this community back into what it used to be?  

If I didn't express my opinions or at least try to improve the situation I have no right to complain, and that's what I'm trying to do. I understand there's a strong likelihood that things will continue as they are, but there's always a small chance that people can get behind your message.

14 hours ago, King said:

This community was never good.  I don't how how you just noticed this.

I've always had fun and still do, of course people are toxic...This is the internet in 2016. I always have fun on Asylum because I like both play styles, if people are in the mood for RP then I'll RP and have a good time with it. If they are in the mood for a fight, I will bring them the fight. Sometimes Kavala is RP city and sometimes it's a warzone, just depends on the people and the situation. You just need to adapt to our playstyle here, it's not hardcore RP and it's not wasteland. It's well balanced right in between the two.

iVokey and Tacobell like this
27 minutes ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

I dont go into Kavala unless necessary to the specific job I'm trying to complete.  So, nope.. not a Kavala troll.  Plus I'm in my 30's.  Running around shooting kids just to piss them off isnt my idea of entertainment.  I enjoy playing the game the way it's designed to play the game, and rest assured that occasionally I like to commit crimes and play the bad guy, but it's typically respectful to the person on the other end.  I don't rob people at red zones, or KOS in those areas, I typically leave them alone unless they start a gun fight with me.

I disagree.  What evidence supports that theory?  I've been apart of a few Life RP servers, and I've got to say that here is by far the worst in terms of RDM, and VDM.  While it certainly happens on other servers, I'd have to disagree that new players expect it.  The bottom line is that Asylum has a great product to offer, and they've certainly worked hard on creating a balance, so why not focus on cracking down and turning this community back into what it used to be?  

If I didn't express my opinions or at least try to improve the situation I have no right to complain, and that's what I'm trying to do. I understand there's a strong likelihood that things will continue as they are, but there's always a small chance that people can get behind your message.

Try playing cop, might be more your speed if you like talking to people.

Tacobell likes this
7 minutes ago, DreamC said:

Try playing cop, might be more your speed if you like talking to people.

I was a cop for 8 months prior to me leaving.  I found it to be entertaining, but it got to the point all that was happening was prison breaks and people trying to rob the bank so I found myself always responding to those, and for me they weren't very fun.  It also got a bit structured.  It stopped feeling like a game, and more like a job that I didnt get paid for.  A game shouldn't cause you stress, and for me, playing cop at that time, it was very stressful.  I do however plan to re-apply, and see how it goes this time around.

25 minutes ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

I was a cop for 8 months prior to me leaving.  I found it to be entertaining, but it got to the point all that was happening was prison breaks and people trying to rob the bank so I found myself always responding to those, and for me they weren't very fun.  It also got a bit structured.  It stopped feeling like a game, and more like a job that I didnt get paid for.  A game shouldn't cause you stress, and for me, playing cop at that time, it was very stressful.  I do however plan to re-apply, and see how it goes this time around.

Your only forced to respond to a prison break or bank once, and you have a bit more freedom on cop today then you had a couple months ago (like not needing a battle buddy).

4 minutes ago, DreamC said:

Your only forced to respond to a prison break or bank once, and you have a bit more freedom on cop today then you had a couple months ago (like not needing a battle buddy).

Sounds to me as if being a cop is a bit more entertaining than a civ at the moment.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks for the reply.

2 hours ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

Olympus has like 5 admins everyone who plays on Olympus gets RDMed way more then on Asylum. You also said life RP servers.. Arma 3 Life takes an application meaning less likely chance people will abuse their chance of being whitelisted. Asylum is a more noob friendly community, you may say it's not because of all the hate and etc but this is the internet you typically expect that on he internet, but people who mess up and all get less of a punishment if it's their first offense. If Asylum was more strict it would probably lose people.

Sergio likes this