Change Log 7.7.3

Paratus

5 hours ago, Haych said:

I think we've had enough time with Sfaka and East Arms to come up with a solid decision if they should stay or not. Can you put up a official poll for if they should stay or not @bamf?

sfaka and east arms both need removing. rather get vested or shot in the back, they need to make it so its just church and og arms. like old times.

Edited by Rusty:)
1 hour ago, aleco5 said:

I don't believe this can change as pilot coveralls are a opfor item, and since cops are blufor, they cannot wear them.

1 hour ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Cops who have pilot coveralls are allowed and can use them. Its a bug them disappearing. Just because its opfor doesnt mean blufor cant wear it.

It's not really a bug that you can't put them back on - it's how Arma is designed.  We have to forceAddUniform them onto Blufor since the game is designed for them to not be wearable by Blufor...  

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Not against Cop Policy or server rules. It is literally designed to have no cooldown.

2 hours ago, Tusken Raider said:

Was told by bamf this was not an exploit and got no action taken for a report due to this . 

I'm only repeating what superior officers have told me. When killed in an HQ whilst under attack, there is a 2 minute timer in-order to allow a reasonable amount of time for the enemy to escape without police consistently spawning and inhibiting escape. Considered fail RP. I understand why as well. I'm only trying to prevent officers from believing that it is okay to not do so.

26 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Pretty sure I talk to Captains more than you do.

It is allowed and intended.

K? K.

I'm just saying, buddy.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully in the next briefing I can hear from superiors about this alteration. Seems unrealistic, but policy change is policy change.

Thank you for being very understanding, I appreciate it. :)

Edited by Flameless
25 minutes ago, Flameless said:

I'm just saying, buddy.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if im not mistaken, the only way its an exploit is if you soft log to be able to spawn back in a specfic HQ, Kavala HQ has no 2 minute cooldown as it is the default cop spawn. Too lazy to find the quote from bamf a few months ago but ill paraphrase "There is no timer at kavala Hq as it is the default cop spawn, i would suggest not attacking that hq"

Google™ likes this
Just now, TheRealLethal said:

if im not mistaken, the only way its an exploit is if you soft log to be able to spawn back in a specfic HQ, Kavala HQ has no 2 minute cooldown as it is the default cop spawn. Too lazy to find the quote from bamf a few months ago but ill paraphrase "There is no timer at kavala Hq as it is the default cop spawn, i would suggest not attacking that hq"

Hmm, my mistake. It just seems as if this breaks the RP behind it. Being "default" seems to be an odd title for any HQ. Thank you for explaining though. 

4 hours ago, Clockwerk said:
  • Regardless of what an Admin may have told you previously, bypassing the 2 minute spawn timer for Kavala HQ is a bug and an exploit.
  • Abuse of this bug may result in admin action and APD sanctions.

Not according to the last meeting held on 10/30.

Why would you listen to the apd over the admins on what is an exploit or not?

Treeherder and HenryHoover like this
16 hours ago, bamf said:

Actually, statistically speaking, the probability is the same every box. ;)

Though the chance of you flipping heads is 50% for each flip on a coin flip (give our take the weight on each side of the quarter may make it hundreds of a percent less), the chance of you flipping heads 5 times in a row is 3.1%. 

26 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Why would you listen to an admin over a dev?

Simply put, we place our trust in anyone that may lead the community. If an admin has information regarding server policies or mostly anything, we'll listen and abide by it unless another lead says otherwise. Now that both sides are known, we'll put out the info. In future briefings and keep officers updated as we always have. It was simply a confusion between gnashes and I, and I was following information given to me by trusted lieutenants. 

18 minutes ago, Flameless said:

Simply put, we place our trust in anyone that may lead the community. If an admin has information regarding server policies or mostly anything, we'll listen and abide by it unless another lead says otherwise. Now that both sides are known, we'll put out the info. In future briefings and keep officers updated as we always have. It was simply a confusion between gnashes and I, and I was following information given to me by trusted lieutenants. 

There was no confusion from Gnashes, the confusion came from an officer trying to tell a Dev/Contributor he was wrong because he got bad information from LTs.  I always put out that it was intended and not an exploit because thats what the devs said.  

2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

There was no confusion from Gnashes, the confusion came from an officer trying to tell a Dev/Contributor he was wrong because he got bad information from LTs.  I always put out that it was intended and not an exploit because thats what the devs said.  

Hmm, I stated to simply follow this rule until further notice. Also noted, being that kavala was the "default" spawn for police was completely unknown to me. Why or how this should be? Completely questionable, but I only wanted for other officers to be in the green when under attack at any HQ to abide by the 2 minute rule. I didn't state that gnashes was "incorrect," but I appreciate another individual quoting bamf on the default kavala HQ policy alteration. 

1 minute ago, Flameless said:

Hmm, I stated to simply follow this rule until further notice. Also noted, being that kavala was the "default" spawn for police was completely unknown to me. Why or how this should be? Completely questionable, but I only wanted for other officers to be in the green when under attack at any HQ to abide by the 2 minute rule. I didn't state that gnashes was "incorrect," but I appreciate another individual quoting bamf on the default kavala HQ policy alteration. 

It is the default spawn since it is ontop of the list and they told the community it was not exploiting more than a month ago.

2 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

It is the default spawn since it is ontop of the list and they told the community it was not exploiting more than a month ago.

What I'm saying, I've heard lieutenants and other superior officers speaking of the 2 min. rule even after. Information such as this must be delivered in briefings. You may say that it is my responsibility to constantly and consistently check policy updates, though I had simply missed this. Many fellow officers and I have still been following this guideline since then. Overall, seems strange to have a "default" spawn, but what a dev states, it goes. I'll be sure to spread the word.

Just now, Gnashes said:

This is the TL;DR:

It was a bug > Bamf decided to leave it > Therefore it's not an exploit > Olio decides he didn't like it > Says it's an exploit > I make it impossible to be an exploit by completely removing Kavala from the "list of HQs that can have a cooldown" > It's still not an exploit.

Yes, this has been resolved. Thank you, I understand now. But question, why not resolve the bug? An imbecilic question though I know little about coding.

2 hours ago, ₴avagє said:

Though the chance of you flipping heads is 50% for each flip on a coin flip (give our take the weight on each side of the quarter may make it hundreds of a percent less), the chance of you flipping heads 5 times in a row is 3.1%. 

He's not trying for a trifecta at the track, he's trying for a single outcome.  Each time he opens a loot crate, his chances are exactly the same of achieving that outcome.  

Miles and ₴avagє like this
Just now, ₴avagє said:

How many options are there in these crates? Are there weights (odds) to each or are they all equally the same weight?

9 options, and of course it's less likely you would get a purple than a green.  Just like it's less likely that you will get a flawless diamond when excavating instead of getting (another) lockpick.  

24 minutes ago, Flameless said:

Yes, this has been resolved. Thank you, I understand now. But question, why not resolve the bug? An imbecilic question though I know little about coding.

23 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Why fix something that's working as intended?

You also have to understand; Bamf and I aren't programmers by trade (as opposed to everyone else who's touched the mission file). WHen we decide to fix something; it might take us 5x as long as someone else or more. I've spent more time reading the BI Wiki in the last 2 months than I've spent playing.

There is an easy fix to this.  Paratus and I are just deciding if we want to fix that particular issue.  Basically, we are calling the script piece that looks at the cool down after the UI for the spawns is pulled up.  If we do that before, then the Kavala HQ would not have this issue.  

2 minutes ago, bamf said:

9 options, and of course it's less likely you would get a purple than a green.  Just like it's less likely that you will get a flawless diamond when excavating instead of getting (another) lockpick.  

Well, my point still remains the same.

Let's pretend they're all equal. There are 6 sides to a dice. He is paying per roll with the ultimate goal to roll a 6. If he rolls a 6, he wins. Although he does have the same odds to roll a 6 each and every time, if he rolls the dice 50 times and doesn't hit a 6, that is very unlikely. Obviously these change with weights distributed but the point remains. |

tl;dr he is getting the dick by RNG

Edited by ₴avagє
10 minutes ago, ₴avagє said:

Well, my point still remains the same.

Let's pretend they're all equal. There are 6 sides to a dice. He is paying per roll with the ultimate goal to roll a 6. If he rolls a 6, he wins. Although he does have the same odds to roll a 6 each and every time, if he rolls the dice 50 times and doesn't hit a 6, that is very unlikely. Obviously these change with weights distributed but the point remains. |

tl;dr he is getting the dick by RNG

Oh, he's getting totally screwed by RNG.  Not as badly as someone else in the community though I don't think.  

Addon likes this
21 minutes ago, bamf said:

Oh, he's getting totally screwed by RNG.  Not as badly as someone else in the community though I don't think.  

Just a thought on that RNG with crates, add a guaranteed reward if someone opens enough crates, Say you open 30 crates and dont get coveralls, then you will automatically get it. This system was used in a MMO RPG game i played a long time ago for different skins, if you opened enough crates and did not get the goodies most were after, you would get it after a certain amount of openings... Just a nice thought for those who spend a huge amount of money and not getting anything...