Look what happened to turfs. We need cartels the same.

Rogue

Turfs used to have no purpose therefore nobody really cared if they owned them. Asylum then gave the turfs each a purpose and people now come from every corner of the map to fight for a turf when it comes up. Cartels used to be able to help support gangs and give them a purpose to fight for the ownership. With the changes to cartels almost making them useless for gangs...gangs have plummeted almost to a nonexistent point. Asylum needs to make a change if it would like to keep any gang population.

2 minutes ago, RoguePilot said:

Turfs used to have no purpose therefore nobody really cared if they owned them. Asylum then gave the turfs each a purpose and people now come from every corner of the map to fight for a turf when it comes up. Cartels used to be able to help support gangs and give them a purpose to fight for the ownership. With the changes to cartels almost making them useless for gangs...gangs have plummeted almost to a nonexistent point. Asylum needs to make a change if it would like to keep any gang population.

dhMeAzK.gif

Big Bird, rngr, xrantz and 1 other like this

Very true actually. I'm always scared going to contested turfs, because every gang wants the cap and there's usually 3+ people sitting in houses camping the flag. It's not necessarily that the perks are better than cartels, but you know when you get the cap, you will keep the turf for 1-3 hours. I think that's a big appeal to people, who aren't filthy rich.

Edited by Bikstok
1 minute ago, Bikstok said:

Very true actually. I'm always scared going to contested turfs, because every gang wants the cap and there's usually 3+ people sitting in houses camping the flag.

Turfs are stupid hard to attack, because of the amount of spots that look over the flag and the limited amount of time you have to cap. {M0B} dominate the turfs on 4, aint no one fuck with server 4 turfs.

Anthony_, Romulus and Donk like this
33 minutes ago, Exquisite said:

oh no don't remove mob's favorite place.

It is our neighborhood, once we realized kavala could not be tamed we aimed for a place we could call our own.  Met some nice people in Rodo, so we moved in.  The community feels that  we provide them with a sense of security and are not just using them for what their town has to offer us. 

Big Bird, Frizzy, DreamC and 1 other like this

+1 gives cartels purpose, make cartels be at original spots, add alcohol cartel and 100% you will see more gang fights. Maybe that's not your goal to sustain gangs but idk I feel like if there are no gangs the game would get boring for the normal civ and the average cop.

+1000 on the alcohol cartel, I know for a fact on S3 all the gangs would fight for it, to me the game is getting back to the point right after 6.0 where gangs plummeted and all I seem to do now is fight endless waves of cops. 

p.s leadership will not go to Smokahontas in march 8th ;)

Edited by Diseased
Tiger, Vulcan, Chau and 3 others like this

owning any of the turfs has a pretty huge advantage even without them having benefits. provides pretty much all you need to gear up especially if you run guns and store them or buy when they are cheap. not to mention having a personal drug dealer is pretty dank too.

plus like chapo said with the change in time for cartels down to 15 from the original 45 you cant even use the cartel benefits without it being retaken immediately.

CaliDazze likes this
21 hours ago, Scott said:

Turfs are spooky. I'd rather drive a hemtt full of meth through a uncontested cartel then through an uncontested turf, shits the ghetto.

Fuck off Jalen

this^^^^^ Turfs are sooo sketchy when you try to move around cause there is always someone who is just hiding in a house waiting for you to run across that street.

5 hours ago, Diseased said:

Airrick xrantz and white can take over.

Hey come on, im not as toxic nor autistic as those mongols.

But, on topic, if everything in this thread was actually taken into consideration and implemented asylum would actually be fun again. Right now nobody fights cartels because there is no incentive. It is just cops cops and some more cops now and that gets really boring after wiping them 4 times over.

Edited by xrantz
Mike Stmria likes this

I would love to see some tweaks to the cartel system.  It has definitely been long enough since the last cartel change of any magnitude.

Turfs have become a great battleground, their value being twofold (cheaper weapons which involves the big gangs and individual perks which involve the smaller gangs).

Cartels really only hold any value for the largest 5 gangs on the server, yes arms has the ability to craft weapons, but they are more time consuming to cap and the money value isn't as high as two turfs.

As such, I think that the following should be done to cartels:

1) Removal of Oil Cartel.  It was a novelty item that the community asked for.  The community was wrong.  It is too much effort and too annoying to drop your loadout and get a dive suit for some third world cartel at the end of the ocean.  

2) Removal the awful cap zones.  Paratus added a bunch of new cap zones a long time back.  Quite a few of them are pretty goddamn awful.  The concept of the changing cap area is great and all, but isn't exactly loved when there are only 1 or 2 balanced zones to fight.  The following need to be removed: East Arms, Arms House Compound, Heroin Pool, Cocaine Island, Cocaine Castle, Meth House.  These are all either absolutely shit to fight or highly in favor of one side (attackers/defenders).  It would be awesome if Arms rotated simply between original and church.  Meth can toggle between back island and rusty tower.

3) Introduce a new cartel with 2 or 3 new locations associated to it. I am thinking that a moonshine cartel would be awesome.  Get some new, fun locations and reintroduce cartel fights.

4) Add more value to cartels.  Turfs have such an insane amount of value right now that I would rather focus on capping 2 turfs than grabbing Arms dealer.

Chau, Romulus and Leftie like this
8 hours ago, Ranger said:

I would love to see some tweaks to the cartel system.  It has definitely been long enough since the last cartel change of any magnitude.

Turfs have become a great battleground, their value being twofold (cheaper weapons which involves the big gangs and individual perks which involve the smaller gangs).

Cartels really only hold any value for the largest 5 gangs on the server, yes arms has the ability to craft weapons, but they are more time consuming to cap and the money value isn't as high as two turfs.

As such, I think that the following should be done to cartels:

1) Removal of Oil Cartel.  It was a novelty item that the community asked for.  The community was wrong.  It is too much effort and too annoying to drop your loadout and get a dive suit for some third world cartel at the end of the ocean.  

2) Removal the awful cap zones.  Paratus added a bunch of new cap zones a long time back.  Quite a few of them are pretty goddamn awful.  The concept of the changing cap area is great and all, but isn't exactly loved when there are only 1 or 2 balanced zones to fight.  The following need to be removed: East Arms, Arms House Compound, Heroin Pool, Cocaine Island, Cocaine Castle, Meth House.  These are all either absolutely shit to fight or highly in favor of one side (attackers/defenders).  It would be awesome if Arms rotated simply between original and church.  Meth can toggle between back island and rusty tower.

3) Introduce a new cartel with 2 or 3 new locations associated to it. I am thinking that a moonshine cartel would be awesome.  Get some new, fun locations and reintroduce cartel fights.

4) Add more value to cartels.  Turfs have such an insane amount of value right now that I would rather focus on capping 2 turfs than grabbing Arms dealer.

On 3-2-2016 at 3:57 AM, Romulus said:

It is our neighborhood, once we realized kavala could not be tamed we aimed for a place we could call our own.  Met some nice people in Rodo, so we moved in.  The community feels that  we provide them with a sense of security and are not just using them for what their town has to offer us. 

Well it's a fucking hell for us. ;;

Mob has the turf and the circle becomes red

TFS attacks& wins

then mob thinks its not over they spawn in their houses ( not their turf spawn since its unavailable ) and come back from every angle with rooks.

:( Not even once,twice but seven times!!

Romulus and Big Bird like this
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Well it's a fucking hell for us. ;;

Mob has the turf and the circle becomes red

TFS attacks& wins

then mob thinks its not over they spawn in their houses ( not their turf spawn since its unavailable ) and come back from every angle with rooks.

:( Not even once,twice but seven times!!

You're getting free kills on rooks, how is that hell? If anything be greatful that they haven't got crates of 7.62s..

On 2/3/2016 at 11:01 PM, Vanilla Coke said:

Already suggested it, doubt shit will change though, suggestions like that are usually disregarded as they're so far fetched and would probably be more likely implemented in a bigger patch, which I don't see coming soon.

Paratus has implemented a TON of suggestions.  It takes time to code shit and all that. You should never expect a suggestion to be added to the game all that fast tbh. 

The cartels do have a purpose tho, if you have better ideas for it then make a real suggestion not just "make it better" lel

Edited by HotWings
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

trust me rooks are deadlier in towns then 762s

3 hours ago, Leftie said:

You're getting free kills on rooks, how is that hell? If anything be greatful that they haven't got crates of 7.62s..

Of course we have mks in crates, but if I get killed and have to respawn it gives them time to cap and then move to defensive positions.  Now we are at disadvantage and most likely walking into a death trap, so i would rather pistol zerg them and take my chances.