Has anyone ever successfully appealed a BE ban?

Starlord

So best I can figure it running windows in test mode=battleye ban. I have 3 partitions on my harddrive that are Windows 7, Windows 10, and Fedora 21. Windows 7 and 10 share a folder for my steam games but I mainly use windows 7 for working in arduino and beaglebone. Because I use unsupported drivers I have to run it in test mode and test mode in windows 10 is aids. Well I was working on something in arduino and decided to load up arma 3 to quickly test something I've been working on for a different server and was instantly battleye banned. Already submitted an appeal the day it happened but from what I've been seeing on reddit BE NEVER appeals a ban for ANY reason. They like to pretend they aren't susceptible to false positives. But since this is a fairly large community I was just wondering, has anyone ever been able to get a BE ban reversed?

I'd also like to state for the record that believe it or not I have never hacked on any game ever. I've had the same steam account for 7 years and have even avoided the dreaded punkbuster overwolf ban.

1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

After the June BattlEye update, which changed things to be Kernal-level, you physically cannot launch BattlEye if your PC is in Test Mode. It won't even start, and will tell you to turn off test mode or play without BattlEye enabled.

At least in this instance thats false. Let me upload the recording of when the ban occurred. Didn't even so much as warn me about test mode

I was BattleEye banned two years ago on an Arma 2 DayZ server. I remember being on a slanted hill with a quad and all of a sudden, banned.

Had my buddy DM somebody who worked for BattleEye on Twitter about it, he looked into it and I was unbanned.

(EDIT) My key was stolen. Screw those dreaded key stealers back then..

Edited by Sants
Starlord likes this

I doubt test mode got you banned. But you need to put the OS on test mode to run programs that bypass kernel integrity checks to run software debuggers, or malicious programs that hijack memory to inject all sorts of stuff.

BE is pretty intelligent, and well good luck. You likely ran some app that BE had flagged as a signature of a malicious program. 

1 minute ago, Ed. said:

I doubt test mode got you banned. But you need to put the OS on test mode to run programs that bypass kernel integrity checks to run software debuggers, or malicious programs that hijack memory to inject all sorts of stuff.

BE is pretty intelligent, and well good luck. You likely ran some app that BE had flagged as a signature of a malicious program. 

Yeah, exactly.

4 minutes ago, Ed. said:

My Windows 7 install is possibly... maybe.... hypothetically cracked... it's legit only used for shit I can't do/is more difficult to do in 10. That might have had something to do with it. Ugh so now it's looking like BE is the copyright police... ffs

5 hours ago, Starlord said:

At least in this instance thats false. Let me upload the recording of when the ban occurred. Didn't even so much as warn me about test mode

You realize that the time at which the ban came through isn't necessarily the time at which the thing that got you banned happened right?

BE sometimes waits for ban waves and people get banned for something they did months ago. Sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it's not. 

But because of the way battleye operates you had to have a BIS game open and have something it looks for happening at the same time. It's not going to ban you for copyright infringement as stated above. But as for appeals, pretty sure there is no such thing for battleye bans. 

5 hours ago, Starlord said:

My Windows 7 install is possibly... maybe.... hypothetically cracked... it's legit only used for shit I can't do/is more difficult to do in 10. That might have had something to do with it. Ugh so now it's looking like BE is the copyright police... ffs

Ogh my ... The bullshit cheaters make to look them innocent lol... Banned for having a cracked windows? LOL that's the first... There were only 1 false positive method as far as i know and it was for cheat engine having up, but it was fixed... Even if you weren't cheating which I'm having hard time believing, that means you tried to alter Arma's memory in some way.. Also if you get banned on dayz or arma 2, your ban effects all battleye games, so arma 3, dayz, arma 2.

Edited by Pentax

Back when inuria was issuing global bans for using it, the only reason people were banned was because you had to enable driver patching for the ring 0 anticheat (related to Windows test mode/kernel). So despite what the other fools say, yes you can be banned for something like this, because BE is still not very good at actually detecting cheats...so they cut corners...huge corners

8 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I doubt a lot of people, if anyone gets wrongfully banned from battle eye.  It's not like fair fight, which even then the majority of bans are almost always justified.  I don't see a lot of reasons you could be banned by battle eye wrongfully.  You had to be fucking with something that you knew you shouldn't have.

Everyone who had driver patching on Windows kernel changed was banned for cheating back i the summer lol. BattleEye sucks Bad

This story is up there with Hannibal's justification for cheating

Good bye scum

EDIT: Dont forget, Hannibal modified his EXTERNAL ESP overlay to show other cheaters

Thats how coding works m9.....

:kappa:

Edited by Axe